• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I preferred the womens rumble more.

Lita coming in at number 5 was excellent but when trishes music hit on number 30 I almost fell out my chair.

All those memories of mickie and Trish rivalry from back in the day came back.  

1377156_o.gif

:pleasing:

Am I the only one who would like to see Elias be given a shot at a championship?

Crowds seem to react to him, he’s pretty capable on the mic too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Elimination chamber this Sunday but why do WWE always have to ruin these things. Tonight they are having all 7 men involved take part in a gauntlet match against each other. And also having all 6 of the women involved in the women’s one take part in a 6 man tag match. Now I know they are limited in what they can do with the women as it’s a lot smaller roster but do they always have to have the men involved in PPV main events go at it just days before the PPV. Surely they could book better and have each competitor do something different on tonight’s show. Like have Elias go one on one with someone but have Strowman come out and murder him. I feel WWE cheapen their own product by doing this. 

Just st look at Smackdown how many times and different ways in build to and post Rumble have we seen Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens up against AJ Styles. I just hope they aren’t going to do the same with Styles/Nakamura in the build to Mania

Elimination Chamber - overall good PPV.

Not sure if i am happy with the winner of the mens Chamber match. 

Rousey contract signing - Kurt Angle stirring it up was well done. 

35 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Elimination Chamber - overall good PPV.

Not sure if i am happy with the winner of the mens Chamber match. 

Rousey contract signing - Kurt Angle stirring it up was well done. 

aye think it will be a mix tag with them at mania by look of it.

letsalldothebeattie

Thought the PPV was decent overall. Both chamber matches were good. Happy with who won the women’s can see where it’s going for Mania with Bliss v Jax as can see Asuka going to Smackdown to face Charlotte especially with Rousey on Raw. Men’s was obvious it was always gonna be Roman winning. Just sucks again Strowman dominates eliminates everyone and gets mugged by Reigns. 

Happy to see Rousey clearly go to Mania with Angle to face HHH and Steph should be a good match 

Would have preferred to see Ronda putting Stephs lights out but ah well.

Roman was booked to face Brock months ago so anyone who follows wrestling knew who would win in the chamber. Killed the match.

The mens chamber match had some decent spots in it but due to knowing the outcome and the people involved I thought it was poor.

The actual use of the chamber was almost non existent. A few bumps off the chain and a jump from a pod is hardly menacing. The bumps on the outside look poor now because they have padded the outside rather than having the bare metal. I'd go as far to say the double team slam into the chamber wall in the womans match was probably the most dangerous looking hit anyone took. Especially when she was dumped on her neck on the way down.

Don't get the love in for Elias. Gimmick is ok but haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't just another Corbin. Should have had a proper risk taker in the match instead who would add a proper sense of danger, someone like Kofi who would climb the inside walls and drop down from the very centre onto everyone.  I dare say Raw is very much missing Samoa Joe though who would probably have been a nap to enter the chamber had he not been injured.

Reigns shouldn't have won though but he's going to headline 6 wrestlemania events in a row to break the record or some shit like that and everyone will just get more fed up with him while proper talents like Rollins and  Balor should get themselves over to Smackdown where Styles, Orton, Nakamura and them would put on instant classics. 

• 2 weeks later...

So thoughts on Fast Lane, well as predicted by most really. A solid ppv with some good twists for Mania.

Think the outcome of the Usos etc will be a triple threat TLC match at Mania.

I also think it will be a who loses will be fired match between Shane Owens and Zayne?

Also Think that money in the bank will be cashed in and beat the winner of the flair match now.

Naka to beat Styles.

Undertaker has to come to raw tonight as well and my guess is American Bad ass v Cena

22 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

So thoughts on Fast Lane, well as predicted by most really. A solid ppv with some good twists for Mania.

It had a good main event but i have one criticism.

I don't think you need to have 3 out of the 6 doing some form of finisher within 60seconds before the eventual winner comes out of nowhere to do his finisher and take the pin. 

letsalldothebeattie

Thought Fastlane was a good show better than expected I think. Didn’t like the end to Usos v New Day match which was on its way to being another classic between the two teams. I get that they are going with a triple threat at Mania but it could’ve been booked better to let that match go on. Women’s match ended as expected for me with Asuka coming out to challenge Charlotte in what could be a hell of a match between the two. Main Event was class and despite everyone wanting the dream match of Styles v Nakamura I felt they were going to do the WWE thing and take that away and give Cena the title and the record. 

Mania is starting to look like a Mania Card should and that is stacked with proper Mania worthy matches, Styles v Nakamura, Reigns v Lesnar, Rousey/Angle v Steph/HHH, Charlotte v Asuka, Miz v Balor v Rollins so far that’s already an impressive show I would much rather see it be Owens v Zayn than having Shane in that match because Owens v Zayn could be a proper Mania classic 

letsalldothebeattie

Brilliant news to see Daniel Bryan getting cleared to return to the ring. Can’t wait to see him back in action. Agree can see it being Shane v Daniel at Mania 

giphy.webp

WWE have obviously bent to his will a bit because the minute his contract was up he was off to the indie scene to wrestle again. NJPW were probably desperate to land him as well. 

Edited by Bauld

I really do hope so cause so far the only match that potentially excites me is the Undertaker V John Cena Match( which is still to be confirmed)

7 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

I really do hope so cause so far the only match that potentially excites me is the Undertaker V John Cena Match( which is still to be confirmed)

I'd prefer a Kane retirement match. He is over 50 now but still has a decent mobility to him. Taker is done. His body has long given up. Let Kane go out on a high while he's still mobile enough to have a good match. I'm not a cena fan but he would be the right choice to end Kanes run.

Edited by Bauld

11 hours ago, Bauld said:

I'd prefer a Kane retirement match. He is over 50 now but still has a decent mobility to him. Taker is done. His body has long given up. Let Kane go out on a high while he's still mobile enough to have a good match. I'm not a cena fan but he would be the right choice to end Kanes run.

Yeah I get what your saying but don't think Kane could retire same time as the Undertaker or can he? The fans want one more match with Taker and Kane V Cena on Raw would be a good build up for the match it self plus still think Kane got a few years left in him and with him involved in politics now his body would be able to last a bit longer.

3 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

Yeah I get what your saying but don't think Kane could retire same time as the Undertaker or can he? The fans want one more match with Taker and Kane V Cena on Raw would be a good build up for the match it self plus still think Kane got a few years left in him and with him involved in politics now his body would be able to last a bit longer.

It's the fact Kane is in politics now that makes me think he will call it a day. He's very important behind the scenes in WWE as well. His job is safe for life if he wants it because he has the brains and the support of those in power. 

Kane and undertaker shouldn't need to keep doing this. WWE have everything they need without them they just haven't got a clue how to use it. There are plenty monsters and potential sinister bad guys you love and love to hate just sitting waiting on a chance. 

Bray Wyatt could easily have been built into a horrific force of nature. Instead he's just horrific, being used to put everyone over. The Woken Matt storyline has been a brilliant piece of crazy I do hope Jeff comes back as brother Nero when he's healthy. Now with Wyatt deleted hopefully he comes back slightly repackaged and they use him right.

Finn Balor should be using his demon King persona more often. The demon King as title holder? Yes please. 

Samoa Joe as the unstoppable Samoan submission machine. Could easily be the one to take Brock Lesnars title. Instead after kicking Brock all over the ring they had him lose to a single F5 because Brock doesn't wrestle more than 5 minute matches. 

Orton doing a job for Roode makes perfect sense. At 40 Roode needs to climb quickly like styles did if he is to achieve anything. He's bloody good as well shame WWE didn't get him 5 years ago. But Orton would be better off on Raw. I'd love to see him drop Reigns with an RKO. 

• 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Mania this weekend and actually proper excited for it, been a long time since ive been this excited for a Mania. The whole weekend looks like it could be on flames, HOF tomorrow will be great to see Dudleyz & Goldberg being inducted. Wasn't a fan but intrigued to see what Jeff Jarrett says in his speech.

Obviously TakeOver is likely to steal the weekend the card looks sick and every match could potentially steal the night and the weekend.

Said it before on here recently I cant remember such a stacked Mania card. This makes me wish I had made more of effort to actually go out this year. Might be a while before we see such a stacked card/weekend again.

Whats everyones thoughts now its almost finally here?

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Mania this weekend and actually proper excited for it, been a long time since ive been this excited for a Mania. The whole weekend looks like it could be on flames, HOF tomorrow will be great to see Dudleyz & Goldberg being inducted. Wasn't a fan but intrigued to see what Jeff Jarrett says in his speech.

Obviously TakeOver is likely to steal the weekend the card looks sick and every match could potentially steal the night and the weekend.

Said it before on here recently I cant remember such a stacked Mania card. This makes me wish I had made more of effort to actually go out this year. Might be a while before we see such a stacked card/weekend again.

Whats everyones thoughts now its almost finally here?

More looking forward to it than I thought.

Will defo watch HOF tomorrow night, I personally loved JJ as met him years ago in Manchester and was such a nice guy spoke to me for about 30 mins. Would also love him to be the new gm of smackdown.

Takeover looks off the scale, not made much effort with it lately but looked at the card and as you say its sick. Ladder match and tag match I'm most interested in.

Mania im still a bit hmmmmm could have done better with some of the matches I.e. why not have bailey and sasha? the taker match which is obv going to happen once kid rock hits his music after being inducted is just ridiculous they could have built it up better if you ask me.

Looking forward to Aj match a lot more than Reigns have to say. IC looks decent got good potential there hope Miz retrains so he can fight Bryan for it after the belt he never lost. Hope Owens loses as Smackdown has ruined his character and needs a fresh up with it hopefully he returns to Raw? 

This Braun partner thing is annoying me too though have a feeling matt Hardy will be his partner.

like I said some thing I'm looking forward to and others not so much however that's standard mania isn't it?

I’m hoping Taker comes back as the American Badass. Good chance with kid rock being there. That persona is basically him, so he may want one more run as this before retiring. 

6 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

Will defo watch HOF tomorrow night, I personally loved JJ as met him years ago in Manchester and was such a nice guy spoke to me for about 30 mins. Would also love him to be the new gm of smackdown.

Takeover looks off the scale, not made much effort with it lately but looked at the card and as you say its sick. Ladder match and tag match I'm most interested in.

Mania im still a bit hmmmmm could have done better with some of the matches I.e. why not have bailey and sasha? the taker match which is obv going to happen once kid rock hits his music after being inducted is just ridiculous they could have built it up better if you ask me.

Looking forward to Aj match a lot more than Reigns have to say. IC looks decent got good potential there hope Miz retrains so he can fight Bryan for it after the belt he never lost. Hope Owens loses as Smackdown has ruined his character and needs a fresh up with it hopefully he returns to Raw? 

This Braun partner thing is annoying me too though have a feeling matt Hardy will be his partner.

like I said some thing I'm looking forward to and others not so much however that's standard mania isn't it?

Jeff is almost fit again so I doubt they would use Matt.

They could pull a shock and give EC3 a direct road into Raw. Or Samoa Joe could return.

letsalldothebeattie
23 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

I can’t see it being Matt given he’s in the Andre Battle Royal and with Jeff fit to return I think we will get the whole Woken/Broken & Brother Nero gimmick with them. Heard a lot of talk it’s likely to be Rey Mysterio how accurate that is, is anyone’s guess. I would still like it to be Elias though 

13 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I can’t see it being Matt given he’s in the Andre Battle Royal and with Jeff fit to return I think we will get the whole Woken/Broken & Brother Nero gimmick with them. Heard a lot of talk it’s likely to be Rey Mysterio how accurate that is, is anyone’s guess. I would still like it to be Elias though 

Would rather it not be Rey Mesterio. Would like to see someone return for it though to make it more interesting. Ellias would be the one if he didn't though

12 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Elias is in with a good shout - i'd love to see James Ellsworth come in for a couple of weeks. 

I think Bray Wyatt is a candidate now after his "deletion" - he can come back afresh.

2 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Would rather it not be Rey Mesterio. Would like to see someone return for it though to make it more interesting. Ellias would be the one if he didn't though

Mysterio is supposed to be injured although working with Strowman means he might be able to work around it.

I don't see him coming back to be in that match to be honest.

letsalldothebeattie
52 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

The only return I've heard of likely to happen at Mania is the return of Big Cass in the Andre Battle Royal and he will return back to his NXT Colin Cassidy gimmick. Samoa Joe the only other likely return soon but he's going into a feud with Reigns last I heard starting Monday

53 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Elias is in with a good shout - i'd love to see James Ellsworth come in for a couple of weeks. 

I think Bray Wyatt is a candidate now after his "deletion" - he can come back afresh.

Ellsworth would be hilarious and he is in New Orleans this weekend working a show so possible.

Wyatt I'm not sure or keen for he's meant to be getting repackaged and off tv for a while and to me that would be longer than what he's been off tv just now it usually takes a month or two to repackage someone well not a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The only return I've heard of likely to happen at Mania is the return of Big Cass in the Andre Battle Royal and he will return back to his NXT Colin Cassidy gimmick. Samoa Joe the only other likely return soon but he's going into a feud with Reigns last I heard starting Monday

Ellsworth would be hilarious and he is in New Orleans this weekend working a show so possible.

Wyatt I'm not sure or keen for he's meant to be getting repackaged and off tv for a while and to me that would be longer than what he's been off tv just now it usually takes a month or two to repackage someone well not a couple of weeks.

speaking of ellsworth. I do have a feeling that Carmella going to cash in on the Alex bliss match.

2 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

Elias deserves ring time at mania so a good shout.

Better gimmick imo and where i thought theyd take it was Braun as an unstoppable one man team. Gives him better momentum than a straight tag team champ run.

letsalldothebeattie
19 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

speaking of ellsworth. I do have a feeling that Carmella going to cash in on the Alex bliss match.

I've got a feeling Carmella will cash in on Sunday as well although its though because if she does it in the Smackdown match with Charlotte and Asuka then surely she wont be successful because the undefeated streak is a big deal just now and I cant see (no offence to Carmella) them wasting the win over Asuka for Carmella.

As for on the Raw side I feel they are finally going to pull the trigger on Nia being champ so again a cash in would see Carmella being unsuccessful. Tough one to predict and would WWE have both Men & Women fail in cash ins this year.

Top effort by those on here still trolling the board pretending to enjoy Wrestling. This has been going on for years!

Edited by hughesie27

letsalldothebeattie
16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Top effort by those on here still trolling the board pretending to enjoy Wrestling. This has been going on for years!

Or maybe everyone that comments on here still genuinely likes wrestling and wants to chat about it with others

16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Similar ruse pulled off by many pretending to be Hearts supporters?

Mates laughed at me for being a grown man and liking wrestling the other day. My reply: you watch golf.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Mates laughed at me for being a grown man and liking wrestling the other day. My reply: you watch golf.

Bet he has a set of golf clubs in his cupboard :facepalm:

Siphiwe Tshabalala
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

:rofl: 

Great response.

letsalldothebeattie

Well once again NXT Takeover delivers in spades. What a show. For me 2 clear 5* matches with the ladder match & Gargano & Ciampa.

Yet again HHH knows how to book a show and is once again putting pressure on the main roster to deliver tonight 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 07/04/2018 at 10:33, TheBigO said:

Eh, I'm reading this and watching the masters. :sweeet:

2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Eh, I'm reading this and watching the masters. :sweeet:

Pick a side, dammit! >.<

WWE HoF had some highs and lows.

Highs -

Dudley Boyz and Mark Henry’s speeches. 

Goldberg explaining how his family was the most important thing in his life. 

Lows - 

Went on for too long. 

Goldberg is generally horrific at making speeches. 

Jeff Jarrett and Road Dogg doing karaoke went on too long.

Lots of empty seats by the time Goldberg was on stage (it was midnight when he got on stage).

Just finished watching mania.Have to say I enjoyed it for the first time in years. 

Thought the majority of the matches ended the way they should, they did The Undertaker bit brilliant esp with getting Elliaz involved hilarious. Loved the kid being the new tag champ angle too esp when he made the tag. Aj Styles match was awesome glad he won too Nakamura is not ready to be champ yet though his new heel angle might be good for him. Delighted Charlotte is still champ as well though surprised no cash ins by Carmella. Surprised of the outcome with Brock as well and loved that they had blood in it brought it back to the attitude era days. 

Overall solid ppv looking forward to raw the night.

letsalldothebeattie

First year in a while I’ve seen the whole show right through from Pre Show to end without dozing off with boredom. Fairly enjoyed the whole show but to me felt a couple of the matches at the end (Styles/Nakamura, Bar/Strowman) not ruined but spoiled the show with the booking. 

Delighted for Matt Hardy winning the Andre battle royal hope they give him a push he deserves also intrigued to see how the alliance with Bray turns out plus how Jeff figures into it. 

Cruiserweight Championship good match really did showcase 205 for what it is and has got me thinking about giving it a watch now. To me either deserved the title so was happy either way but well done Cedric. 

Womens battle royal was ok. Totally got suckered at the end thought Bayley had done it while getting one over Sasha didn’t realise Naomi was still in. 

Pleased for Rollins making it as a grand slam champ but my pick was Balor to win. 

Charlotte against Asuka was great 2 of the best going at it was a joy to see. Was very surprised they kept the belt on Charlotte to end the streak. 

US Championship should’ve been Rusev on Rusev day at RusevMania. I just can’t buy Mahal as a champion

Angle/Rousey v HHH/Steph wow a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. Seeing Rousey laying into Steph then HHH was brilliant. She looks the real deal in the ring. 

Smackdown Tag titles went way I expected felt it could’ve went longer but it’s what they have Harper & Rowan do now. 

Taker v Cena and Cena getting squashed in under 3 mins. I know it’s Taker but wow never saw that coming. 

Bryan/Shane Zayn/Owens went how I thought it would. Great to see DBry back in the ring. 

Nia winning the Raw women’s was a great moment something she’s deserved for at least a year now. 

Now this might be controversial but I genuinely didn’t enjoy Styles v Nakamura as much as I hoped. Maybe because I got sucked into the hype of the “Dream match” but I felt they were restricted from letting it break out into a classic mania match. 

Raw tag title absolutely ridiculous maybe me being boring but that was a stupid way to book that match. If they genuinely couldn’t get anyone in time to partner Braun I’d have rather they book him to win on his own and build it so he finds someone in his own. 

Lesnar v Reigns I enjoyed more than I thought despite the crowd not caring one bit even when Reigns was pissin blood from his head. SHOCKED Lesnar retained everything pointed to Reigns win & Lesnar to UFC again but well played WWE they got all of us I think. 

Looking forward to Raw tonight and Smackdown tomorrow to see debuts/call ups, returns, superstar shakeups assuming that’s happening tonight and tomorrow 

letsalldothebeattie

I wouldn’t say the rest was crap. I agree Rousey was great a proper badass. The rest of the show was good barring a couple of matches needing booked better (Styles/Nakamura & Raw Tag)

Ronda Rousey match - that was really well done. 

Shane McMahon - the guy is a class act. Given he was not 100% i thought his contributions were superb.

Nakamura heel turn - good. 

Flair retaining the belt - didn't think that was great. 

"This is awful chants" - On the one hand sad to see but part of me thought that was quite amusing. I doubt Vince McMahon will get the message.