PDC World darts championship

graygo

Chaka Demus & pliers

Pulled him back to try to congratulate him and give him a wee hug. It was completely non-aggressive.

Yep.

You can then see Barney when they're at the board as if to say "Cmon Phil, this is what we do. Bit banter before the game and handshake/hug after".

Taylor clearly thinks Barney disrespected him by saying he didn't fear him and tried to act the hardman on stage. Bet he quickly made pals again off camera

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely hope MVG destroys that fat, sex offending waste of skin in a whitewash on New Years Day. He makes me want to punch my tele and I'm generally not an aggressive guy.

Chaka Demus & pliers

I genuinely hope MVG destroys that fat, sex offending waste of skin in a whitewash on New Years Day. He makes me want to punch my tele and I'm generally not an aggressive guy.

I bet you are. I bet you and Barney go about town on a Saturday night putting defenseless strangers in headlocks

Are you the darting equivalent of a plastic EPL fan? Your man was in the wrong not Barney, there was no aggression in it at all. You make it sound as if he put him in a headlock, not tried to give him a hug as friends do after a match.

Once more the 'good losers' are out in force... tough luck.

Taylor does not need to be pulled back into a 'friendly' bear hug just to satisfy the feelings of a loser.

And what a stupid comment Sergi re plastic EPL fan .. you should know better.

Taylor, win or lose, is classless to the end and he showed it again tonight. What an absolute walloper. He'll no be getting his MBE back in a hurry.

Sergio Garcia

Once more the 'good losers' are out in force... tough luck.

Taylor does not need to be pulled back into a 'friendly' bear hug just to satisfy the feelings of a loser.

And what a stupid comment Sergi re plastic EPL fan .. you should know better.

It's not to satisfy the feelings of a loser its what friends who compete against each other do.

Enlighten to me your last comment, why should I know better?

You are defending Taylor when the rest of us are all agreed on what happened on the stage, unless your an idiot then your defending him because you are a fan of him. I merely added the popular Kickback reference of "Plastic EPL fan" to inject some much needed humour into our back and forths.

I assume you, like you done with Barneys non-aggressive approach to Taylor at the end of the match, have misintepreted that as an evil death threat.

It looked to me like Barney wanted a hug and Taylor didn't so Barney pulled him back into it.

Taylor overreacted though but more down to the fact he was rattled by the fact he nearly blew it than by anything Barney did imo.

It's not to satisfy the feelings of a loser its what friends who compete against each other do.

Enlighten to me your last comment, why should I know better?

You are defending Taylor when the rest of us are all agreed on what happened on the stage, unless your an idiot then your defending him because you are a fan of him. I merely added the popular Kickback reference of "Plastic EPL fan" to inject some much needed humour into our back and forths.

I assume you, like you done with Barneys non-aggressive approach to Taylor at the end of the match, have misintepreted that as an evil death threat.

Hearts boss Paulo Sergio: I didn't accept Kenny Shiels' handshake as he was only trying to provoke me

I can't fathom why anyone would want to back a throbber like Taylor. Even if I knew nothing about him I'd hate him. He's got power tattoed on his forearm ffs.

Sergio Garcia

Hearts boss Paulo Sergio: I didn't accept Kenny Shiels' handshake as he was only trying to provoke me

I am trying to work out if you are one of those internet trolls or someone who isn't allowed near the crayons as you inevitably start chewing on them.

Aren't you a little puzzled why you are the only person who seems to be defending Phil Taylor in this instance. Anyone I will engage with you once more on this.

Paulo Sergio are not friends or long time competitors, Phil Taylor and Barney are.

Paulo Sergio did not have masses of respect for each other. Phil Taylor and Barney do.

Both Phil and Barney engaged into "fighting" talk before the match, as is customary in situations like this.

In short the situation between Sergio and Shiels is not comparable to tonight.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Taylor is an arsehole, trying to wind up Barney after he nearly blew it.

Barney would have him on toast and golden boy Phil would enjoy it.

I am trying to work out if you are one of those internet trolls or someone who isn't allowed near the crayons as you inevitably start chewing on them.

Aren't you a little puzzled why you are the only person who seems to be defending Phil Taylor in this instance. Anyone I will engage with you once more on this.

Paulo Sergio are not friends or long time competitors, Phil Taylor and Barney are.

Paulo Sergio did not have masses of respect for each other. Phil Taylor and Barney do.

Both Phil and Barney engaged into "fighting" talk before the match, as is customary in situations like this.

In short the situation between Sergio and Shiels is not comparable to tonight.

You mention 'crayons' as if I am a child then go on to state 'Anyone I will engage with you once more on this.'... my 'crayons' are working better than yours it would seem... . :deal2:

Seems to me that some just don't like winners and like 'good losers'.. each to their own.

The more successful you are the more others want to see you beaten... it's just the way it is today in this country.

Unlike your thoughts on the matter I think the situation between Shiels and Sergio is/was a fair comparison.

Both are 10/11 on skybet

Which is interesting - given how alarmingly quickly folk have been writing Taylor off throughout this thread. Yet he's still standing, only has one match left, and is a 15 time World Champion, for heavens sake!

Sergio Garcia

You mention 'crayons' as if I am a child then go on to state 'Anyone I will engage with you once more on this.'... my 'crayons' are working better than yours it would seem... . :deal2:

Seems to me that some just don't like winners and like 'good losers'.. each to their own.

The more successful you are the more others want to see you beaten... it's just the way it is today in this country.

Unlike your thoughts on the matter I think the situation between Shiels and Sergio is/was a fair comparison.

I do not use crayons to write on a computer but yes I did type "Anyone" instead of "Anyway" I am truly sorry for this unforgivable error.

I do not like Phil Taylor as he is an ungracious winner, look at the winners of every other match in this tournament, in other sports such as tennis or golf and watch how people can win but also be gracious with it. Taylor has never been a gracious winner and tonight was yet another example.

We ain't going to get anywhere with this to and fro and to be honest I am beginning to think Tommy is correct and you are just trolling to amuse yourself this Sunday evening.

Looked to me as if Taylor was keeking himself at the thought of Barney coming back from 5-1 down to win 6-5. Never seen Taylor as rattled as that and with his cold (poor soul), it all got too much for him when Barney pulled him back for an embrace. I can understand why Taylor reacted as it was "heat of the moment", i'm sure they have kissed and made up.

MVG to win as Taylor whining on about his cold did him no favours at all. Expect a hostile crowd for the Power tomorrow night.

Andy Webster played 90 minutes in Perth with a virus.

Phil Taylor whines about having the cold in the least active sport in the world :lol:

From SSN - Phil Taylor has said he is 'ashamed of his behaviour' and has apologised to Raymond van Barneveld for their bust-up at the PDC Darts...

Taylor is a classless, wife-beating pri*k. Hope MVG humiliates him in the final.

In addition to being a convicted sex pest ?

Definitely classless though.

Sergio Garcia

From SSN - Phil Taylor has said he is 'ashamed of his behaviour' and has apologised to Raymond van Barneveld for their bust-up at the PDC Darts...

Glad that has been resolved, now we can all shake hands and move on like the adults we are.

Why is Taylor apologising when it's Barney's fault? :whistling::rolleyes:

Taylor disullusioned (sp) with darts. Will that be because you were a first class prick last night?

Usual standard chat from him when he either gets beat or struggles. If he wins tomorrow, you'll hear none of that I'll bet. If he loses, all the excuses under the sun.

Usual standard chat from him when he either gets beat or struggles. If he wins tomorrow, you'll hear none of that I'll bet. If he loses, all the excuses under the sun.

To be fair, the man has a cold.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I've had a cold this week and if someone had asked me to lift a dart at any part of this week I would've told them **** off.

Sorry. I forgot. I didnt hear that last night. Was it mentioned at all? Perhaps the lights were too hot or making him sweat too much? I bet he got the cold from the wind getting into the hall. :whistling:

ToadKiller Dog

Lucky man is Phil Taylor , if his sport had been competition rather than an asset to Rupert Murdoch then the Murdoch press would have went to town over his exploits in Fife rather than the smoother ride they gave him compared with other Celebs and sports people .

Amazing Arrow chucker but maybe not the upstanding citizen often put forward but who in the lime light really is .

Sergio Garcia

Van Gerwin struggling to make the final due to an Achilles injury

He has been suffering from that for most of the tournament, assuming it has got a whole lot worse?

Just seen Taylor's interview on SSN :vrface:

He flipped because Barney hurt him a wee bit when he pulled his arm, because he's not well.

He's also contemplating taking a break from the game, because he's not well.

It's no wonder women use the term 'Man-Flu' when Taylor is greeting over a cold.

Just saw the Taylor interview. What an absolute ######. It was a halfhearted attempt at an apology and blamed his actions on a cold and the fact Barney is a big guy. Absolute hissy fit and darts would be more enjoyable if he did take a break!

C'mon MVG tomorrow!

4 hours to go until match time! Hope to god that MVG hammers that **** Taylor. Got a fiver on MVG to win 7-5. Can see it being tight.

What's your bets for tonight?

I see this going one of 2 ways, either MVG lets the occasion get to him and plays rubbish and gets beaten - this has happened to so many players who have made a final and faced Taylor - or he simply plays like he has nothing to lose, shows no nerves and wins easily.

I have always wanted Taylor to win regardless of who he plays but his 'acting the welt 'performance the other night has seen him drop way down in my estimation so much so that I'd like MVG to win.

This could well be Taylor's last world final.

MVG's scoring isn't in doubt - his doubles are. He's usually good at them when it counts though.

Taylor has been nowhere close to his best, but good enough to get to the final with minimal fuss. And let's not forget, he isn't feeling well. He may have mentioned it.

I think and hope that van Gerwen takes it 7-5.

Ive went for 7-5 to MVG aswel, correct scores on the darts is a lottery tho,if mvg is in the mood he could completely rout taylor

Archived