PDC World darts championship

graygo

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to post that as well.:rofl:

The look on Manley's face as if butter wouldnt melt. :rofl:

I was hoping to find a video of Lewis getting a pint poured over him in Glasgow when he was facing Anderson - no luck :(

I was hoping to find a video of Lewis getting a pint poured over him in Glasgow when he was facing Anderson - no luck :(

This one?

Sexton Hardcastle

TED HANKEY has been forced to ditch his famous Dracula walk-on amid fears it could trigger a bust-up with rowdy darts fans.

The BDO bad boy is the pantomime villain of Lakeside despite his two world titles.

New security measures have put the players closer than ever to the boisterous crowd and Hankey, 43, reckons it could cause trouble.

He said: ?I?ve been forced to give up on the Dracula cape because when we walk on now the fans are so close they could grab you.

?They hang over the railings and if anyone pulls on it I?m liable to have a paddy because I?m a loose cannon.

?I cannot afford to get involved in things like that when I?ve work to do.

?The cloak was a thing that was good to start off with. But I am not comfortable wearing it anymore because there is not enough security.?

The No 15 seed has already been booed ? during his first-round win over Clive Barden on Sunday.

Hankey faces world No 2 Scott Waites in the last 16 tomorrow, but added: ?I have had to stop throwing the bats out, too, because the fans started chucking them back.

?But the more they boo the more I thrive on it.?

Classic Ted

I've only ever watched the World Championships but think I might start watching the premier league as well.

Can someone give a quick lowdown on how it works and who has won recently?

Cheers.

I've only ever watched the World Championships but think I might start watching the premier league as well.

Can someone give a quick lowdown on how it works and who has won recently?

Cheers.

8 players get chosen to play on the PL (the top 4, then 4 wild cards chosen based on recent performances), and they tour the UK for 14 weeks, playing every Thursday. Once everybody has played each other twice, the top 4 go to Wembley Arena for the semi's and final.

Since 2005, Taylor has won every year except 2009 (James Wade) and 2011 (Gary Anderson).

It came to Edinburgh in 09, but they never came back :( I went to the Glasgow show last year, which was a great laugh :)

8 players get chosen to play on the PL (the top 4, then 4 wild cards chosen based on recent performances), and they tour the UK for 14 weeks, playing every Thursday. Once everybody has played each other twice, the top 4 go to Wembley Arena for the semi's and final.

Since 2005, Taylor has won every year except 2009 (James Wade) and 2011 (Gary Anderson).

It came to Edinburgh in 09, but they never came back :( I went to the Glasgow show last year, which was a great laugh :)

Sounds good! Notice it's coming to the SECC but ?75 a ticket! :o

:rofl:

Can we turn this into a Ted The ^^^^ Hankey appreciation thread pls :jjyay:

tedhankey595.jpg

Im going to Newcastle in May for this. :jjyay:

Sounds good! Notice it's coming to the SECC but ?75 a ticket! :o

It's a great night out. Go every year. Tickets are about ?40 face value.

Sexton Hardcastle

Done Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. Ingleston was by far the best. Gutted they never returned. The noise was mental and not so many chumps that come with SECC. Last year through there was a disaster. Fights in the stands and the impossible task of trying to buy a pint.

Destruction Derby

Ladbrokes supposedly refunding all losing bets on Van Gerwin since Taylor got a 170 check out. Seen it on 3 people's Facebook

Destruction Derby

I never bet on it but noticed that a few people on here were saying they had Van Gerwin to win to win and when I seen it mentioned I thought I would pass it on,

The Premier League is top quality, almost exhibition stuff as it's a very short format. You can also get a draw as it's 14 legs but stops if someone gets to 8.

The top 4 in the world rankings are automatically in then it's 4 picks which will be based on current form and (probably) audience drawing potential. Last year Kevin Painter got in on the back of winning a TV tournament (the PLayers Championship?) while Barney will generally get picked if not other Dutch players are already in otherwise SKY couldn't sell it to Holland!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The Premier League is top quality, almost exhibition stuff as it's a very short format. You can also get a draw as it's 14 legs but stops if someone gets to 8.

The top 4 in the world rankings are automatically in then it's 4 picks which will be based on current form and (probably) audience drawing potential. Last year Kevin Painter got in on the back of winning a TV tournament (the PLayers Championship?) while Barney will generally get picked if not other Dutch players are already in otherwise SKY couldn't sell it to Holland!

Not sure that selling it to Holland has anything to do with picking Barney. They don't even get the Premier League live in Holland.

Premier League used to be awesome. Now it's a complete vermin magnet.

You need the arseholes to hurl abuse at.

Back in 2009 they had Mardle, who got it tight everywhere. Phil Taylor was there too, but he wasn't quite the dick he is now.

Now we have Adrian Lewis to hurl pints at.

Sexton Hardcastle

Mardle the *******.

That night at Ingleston I was talked into pumping 300 sheets on Jenkins against him. All going smoothly with The Bull in front for most of the match. Misses 3 darts for the game leaving Mardle with a shanghai on the twenty.

Standard the ***** nails it and the boy from the table next door consolidates me with a bootle of warm bud.

Cheers.

You need the arseholes to hurl abuse at.

Back in 2009 they had Mardle, who got it tight everywhere. Phil Taylor was there too, but he wasn't quite the dick he is now.

Now we have Adrian Lewis to hurl pints at.

I think he means the crowds?

Tommy Wiseau

I am this close to changing my username to Ted The Count Hankey - tremendous stuff :lol:

I think he means the crowds?

Well, that's true. Most places seem OK, but Glasgow crowds are crawling with arseholes.

I didn't see any trouble in Edinburgh as well - why Barry Hearne stopped it after one visit is a mystery.

I am this close to changing my username to Ted The Count Hankey - tremendous stuff :lol:

I'd say it's a go-er :thumbsup:

He also makes a cracking smilie

count_zpsd4212608.jpg

WTF :rofl:

Imagine being down the boozer minding your own business when that comes on, and then The Count appears!!!!!

:lol: tastic!

Get the Count to the Semi :jjyay:

At ?2.49 for a mask, and with capes and plastic bats probably being quite cheap, I'm sure we can make him more than welcome :jjyay:

Sexton Hardcastle

Imagine being down the boozer minding your own business when that comes on, and then The Count appears!!!!!

:lol: tastic!

It looks as if its happening in his local and the boys are mugging him off coming back from the john.

Certainly doesn't look like any arrows are about to be thrown. There seems to be a half demolished buffet which he wades over at the end and a couple of punters not giving him the time of day.

Oh Ted!

It looks as if its happening in his local and the boys are mugging him off coming back from the john.

Certainly doesn't look like any arrows are about to be thrown. There seems to be a half demolished buffet which he wades over at the end and a couple of punters not giving him the time of day.

Oh Ted!

It's hilarious!

On the YouTube info it says it's in the Netherlands, but it's still a :wtf: moment.

Am I alone in wondering if he wears his darts shirt all the time??

Sexton Hardcastle

Down the shops. Getting fuel. Walking the dugs. Just shaking hands with strangers and posing for photos.

The real peoples champ.

The Great Khali

Some BDO-quality darts, you say?

:jjyay:

I just noticed this video.

:cornette:

When the announcer says "fiiiiive"

The Great Khali

Down the shops. Getting fuel. Walking the dugs. Just shaking hands with strangers and posing for photos.

The real peoples champ.

What you sayin like eh?

The real peoples champ.

I reckon he does, it's the Ted Hankey way!!!

:D

Sexton Hardcastle

I think the Premier League line up gets announced tonight at the awards dinner.

Seemingly a surprise on the cards.

The Count isn't in

:what:

Still recovering from a stroke :(

He'll hopefully be there next year - you need him for the banter, if nothing else.

Archived