Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

"Currently the UK market for heat pumps does not exist at sufficient scale".....

not helped by UK media paltforming gobshytes & interest groups who've staright up lied about heat pumps.

And the lack of will by manufacturers to move to this technology. 

We are miles behind in coherent efficient energy supply.

Heat pump energy has flaws.

But homes could have a mixture of options.

There's technology to burn waste cleanly .

Housebuilding is imo primitive and the crisis that's ignored.

It's a shut show and people want to hold onto it.

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

UK wide vote on a UK wide issue, but I think you know that.

as for Brexit; I didn't much care for that outcome myself but I accept that even though London (where I live) and Scotland (where I was born and brought up) voted to stay, the nation as a whole voted to leave. Democracy means accepting the outcome of an election/referendum 

Let's just stop the clock there.

Scotland was told "vote NO to stay in the EU" . Yeah ? I'm sure that's not in doubt.

In which case it's not tenable for  Westminster government to say , two years later, that doesn't matter because the Tories need to have a brexit referendum to sort out their own civil war.

And then have Westminster compound it even further by telling Scotland that in 2023 IT can't have a referendum because it's already had one - which it ignored ,  because it was more concerned about Tory civil war  than respecting the democratically expressed wish of Scotland : who'd followed the advice of "Better Togther". 

Which bit(s) of "democracy" to we get to pick & choose ? Not the bits that suit Scotland ? 

Edited by periodictabledancer

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, Ked said:

We are miles behind in coherent efficient energy supply.

Heat pump energy has flaws.

But homes could have a mixture of options.

There's technology to burn waste cleanly .

Housebuilding is imo primitive and the crisis that's ignored.

It's a shut show and people want to hold onto it.

What are the flaws ?

What are the benefits ? 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

I think we can just close off this thread again for another couple of years at least 

Your village wants you back. 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

How was the independence vote ignored exactly? It was a No  and we're still dependent, the vote was carried through.

What you're moaning about is that the democratic conversation hasn't gone away, because you're fine with how things are. Who's the spoilt bitch?

Exactly. Well said

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Your village wants you back. 

Oh insults the separatist fall back 

just give us a clue on which century to pencil in for the next referendumb chief 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh insults the separatist fall back 

just give us a clue on which century to pencil in for the next referendumb chief 

A lifetime of failure and the realisation that you’re going to grave in a union has got to sting a little. You need to put yourself in their shoes.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

A lifetime of failure and the realisation that you’re going to grave in a union has got to sting a little. You need to put yourself in their shoes.

I've noticed them becoming a lot more nasty and bitter last wee while. I think only the daftest of them are still throwing their hopes at it.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Who has had a lifetime of failure? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

It was the unionists that ignored the 2014 referendum : Scotland was told "vote No" to stay in the EU.

And in 2016 that was ignored and Westminster impemented a non binding referendum result in direct contradiction of what they proclaimed in 2014. 

But the SNP ignored the 2014 outcome though. 

The EU argument is a fair one, not disputing that. But let’s be honest, the SNP was looking for any excuse 

(although at the same time, apparently not so it could actually push for independence again - more so that it could use anti Westminster sentiment to stay in power up north)

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Independence supporters, thought that was fairly obvious. 

Not to me, obviously.  Why do you think that?

14 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not to me, obviously.  Why do you think that?

Sorry jj I should be clear I’m meaning independence supporting lifetime. I think that because they have achieved their dream of Independence. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sorry jj I should be clear I’m meaning independence supporting lifetime. I think that because they have achieved their dream of Independence. 

Thanks. I didn't get your meaning. A regular jibe on here is that SNP/independence supporters don't like people who work but I know that sort of shite doesn't tend to come from you.  

FWIW, I think the 'cause' of independence has advanced massively in my lifetime. I'm not quite old enough to recall the referendum in 78 but to move from a referendum failing to secure devolution to being 5% away from achieving full independence is massive IMO. 

That that level of support has stuttered despite the most corrupt UKG in our lifetime and possible history suggests that it won't get over the line any time soon and I think that a Labour or any UKG that governs in the national interest and treats Scotland and the SG with a lot more respect will erode support further. 

I do actually think Scotland will achieve effective independence. Possibly not in my lifetime and probably more in the form of a federation but I think it will eventually happen. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who are the two SNP roasters who’ve been riding each other?

Humza and Wee Asian lassie MSP can't remember her name. Humza has previous though he's a dirty dog 

jack D and coke

Brought up by your “Scottish”  daily express because Hancock is in the dock? 
It’s old news man. 
The wee MSP bursd is tasty as too. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s old news man. 

Ah, her. Yeah, I’d ride her like seabiscuit

hopefully they both go to prison anyway

manaliveits105

SNP politicians' secret lockdown-breaking affair while demanding Scots stay home exposed

Disgusting - think of the bereaved families

snp oot !

2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

I've noticed them becoming a lot more nasty and bitter last wee while. I think only the daftest of them are still throwing their hopes at it.

Wasn't it you calling me a little bitch yesterday? I didn't call you a thing Enzo 

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s old news man. 

Tinfoil hat time for you 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Independence supporters, thought that was fairly obvious. 

You see continued dependence as success though

11 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

You see continued dependence as success though

No I don’t. It’s just a continuation of what I know. There isn’t much successful kicking about at the moment. 

I don’t see it as dependence either. 

Edited by Dazo

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

No I don’t. It’s just a continuation of what I know. There isn’t much successful kicking about at the moment. 

I don’t see it as dependence either. 

It's complete dependence, Scotland gets pocket money to spend. Actually housekeeping is probably better.

Edited by ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS

2 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's complete dependence, Scotland gets pocket money to spend. Actually housekeeping is probably better.

I understand that but I just don’t give that much weight in my thought process. Where the money comes from isn’t really that relevant. 

Just now, Dazo said:

I understand that but I just don’t give that much weight in my thought process. Where the money comes from isn’t really that relevant. 

You know fine that's not the point though.

How's our defence? Dependent on England, no right to decide.

How's our currency? Dependent on England, no right to decide.

Etc, etc, etc.

We're utterly dependent. If Westminster decides to change anything we have no power. Shit, they can close Holyrood down at any time.

Crazy to think otherwise.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s old news man. 

aye true, to paraphrase one of our fellow posters 'King Arthur couldnae pull me oot of her'

16 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

You know fine that's not the point though.

How's our defence? Dependent on England, no right to decide.

How's our currency? Dependent on England, no right to decide.

Etc, etc, etc.

We're utterly dependent. If Westminster decides to change anything we have no power. Shit, they can close Holyrood down at any time.

Crazy to think otherwise.

Totally agree....we are completely dependent on Westminster, if they decide to cut or increase our budget they could do so. We have no significant borrowing powers and have to basically work within the set budget.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

Totally agree....we are completely dependent on Westminster, if they decide to cut or increase our budget they could do so. We have no significant borrowing powers and have to basically work within the set budget.

We need to call it what it is, it's the opposite of independence.

jack D and coke
53 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Tinfoil hat time for you 

Aye ok boss :lol: 

It’s auld news dragged up cos wee Hancoak is in the dock. Its bottom food for you lot😀

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

aye true, to paraphrase one of our fellow posters 'King Arthur couldnae pull me oot of her'

Best 37 seconds of her life she’d get from me🤤

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Billy Connolly on the pull out method of contraception :laugh2:

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Best 37 seconds of her life she’d get from me🤤

Building your stamina up slowly I see.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, micole said:

Utter dependence supporters mate. 

1 hour ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

We need to call it what it is, it's the opposite of independence.

Depression?

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Thanks. I didn't get your meaning. A regular jibe on here is that SNP/independence supporters don't like people who work but I know that sort of shite doesn't tend to come from you.  

FWIW, I think the 'cause' of independence has advanced massively in my lifetime. I'm not quite old enough to recall the referendum in 78 but to move from a referendum failing to secure devolution to being 5% away from achieving full independence is massive IMO. 

That that level of support has stuttered despite the most corrupt UKG in our lifetime and possible history suggests that it won't get over the line any time soon and I think that a Labour or any UKG that governs in the national interest and treats Scotland and the SG with a lot more respect will erode support further. 

I do actually think Scotland will achieve effective independence. Possibly not in my lifetime and probably more in the form of a federation but I think it will eventually happen. 

Federation you say? 

:kirk:

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Not everyone is though. 

So a decent society makes provision for those who can't?  The country I want to live in will have compassion for those who aren't able to provide for themselves and their families.  

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

So a decent society makes provision for those who can't?  The country I want to live in will have compassion for those who aren't able to provide for themselves and their families.  

Don’t think anyone can argue with that.