Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Of course it is - I wouldn't deny that.

What I'm saying, though, is that he can **** off.

Knock yourself out.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'm actually happy to hear that from him. Good riddance with that attitude. Softens the blow.

He is now just a little hun prick.

Gowser on the other hand has become even more of a legend. I really hope we manage to get the money together to get him a new deal. His attitude personifies what Heart of Midlothian Football Club should be about.

Ryan McGowan, I salute you.

Correct.

Where he has gone to is largely irrelevant. We need the cash. We got a bid we deemed acceptable. The player wanted to leave. Game over.

If he wants to languish in the 4th tier of Scottish football, good luck to him.

Correct.

Its a pisser that a club folk thought would not be able to do what they are doing in the bottom division, but (and folk will not like this), its the size of Rangers, or Newco, or whatever folk what to call them - they are still players.

jack D and coke

Gowser on the other hand has become even more of a legend. I really hope we manage to get the money together to get him a new deal. His attitude personifies what Heart of Midlothian Football Club should be about.

I reckon if it had been the other cheek of that weejy boil ridden arse he'd have been offski also. But for the moment getting it up the huns will suffice till he shits on us too.

At the end of the day if we've flogged him for ?500,000+ it's not a bad bit of business.

He's going to be playing in a lower division than us for the next 3 years. Hopefully he won't come back to bite us in the baws (only cup competitions will dictate that I would imagine, if it ever happens he might not play against us).

We have players who can step in for Templeton, and the 3 year contract for Paterson is a huge huge bonus.

Templeton'sUnderpants

I don't see how anyone can be annoyed about this transfer:

The club accepted the bid, they clearly want the money, therefore they cannot be annoyed.

If reports are to be believed then Temps wanted to leave anyway, so it was a case of one more season of him or some much needed cash, I don't think fans can complain about the decision there.

Temps himself will be on probably far better money, the whole no ambition argument doesn't fly for me. Edu just moved from the 3rd division to the EPL. If players perform they will be picked up by bigger clubs.

As for the comments he has made on the Rangers website. 'New signing trying to endear himself to new clubs supporters shocker' springs to mind.

Other than the fact I seem to appear to need a new username I don't think there can be many complaints with this transfer overall.

Chad Sexington

No it isn't.

It is to me. They met the valuation of the club and it would appear were the only club to do so.

I'm not bothered where he has moved to. My only concern is that our valuation has been met and we are gaining maximum return for our investment.

You bash on with your drunken seethe though. :)

I agree. I've always had respect for McGowan. Loyalty is priceless. Good on ya Ryan.

Now that he's gone lets be honest....he was overrated, he'd be lucky to stick in one decent cross every couple of games, he's not really a winger, he doesn't really dribble much either and he both looks & sounds like a natural OF player. He's also not played many good games over the last 18 months & he'd have gone for nothing at the end of the season.

I get that he was quite good but I really, honestly don't see him as much of a loss, taking all of the above into account.

Now if we can use a bit of whatever money we get to give Gowser & even Driver a new deal, whilst having Novi as a regular, that'll do for me.

Also, how many English teams thought Temps was worth buying? Doesn't appear that we were inundated with bids from elsewhere today.

Johanes de Silentio

It is to me. They met the valuation of the club and it would appear were the only club to do so.

I'm not bothered where he has moved to. My only concern is that our valuation has been met and we are gaining maximum return for our investment.

You bash on with your drunken seethe though. :)

Cool.

I'm bothered.

I'll be sober in the morning, but I'll still be seething.

I believe this was answered on an earlier thread (see below). And lets be honest from what's gone on this summer it probably wont be far from the truth

TempsContract.jpg

on a serious note, most fans would like to see the proof from the sfa publicised or their senior managers should resign

HillmanHearts

I was kinda reserved to Temps leaving. He wanted away and we need the dosh.

Bad move for him - but no-one else was coming in for him.

It stinks tho that the cheats are signing him and it also stinks that we are openly dealing with the the cheats.

Our Club are dealing with the cheats coz it suites us to.

Coz we need cash.

So please no more hypocrisy !

They offered money - we said : "let's talk" and wee kinda forced the lad's hand.

Sad days !

So glad Gowser stayed tho. Restores the faith a wee bit.

His infectuous enthusiasm & energy are massive for the team and the supporters.

Seems he also has principles - I would have been really gutted if if he had turned to the dark side.

So Temps out & Gowser stays, we pay off a bit of tax and we get Rudi back - not too bad really.

Guest C00l K1d

Like I said on my first post on this thread, keep the faith with McGowan. He was never going to sign for Gers. Temps is a Gers fan and with that and money he's gone. He wasn't in the Scotland squad or close to it so would have been easier decision. IMO though he's just chucked a promising career down the tubes!

templeton is a celtic fan.... its 100% about money, nothing else

The club accepted the bid, they clearly want the money, therefore they cannot be annoyed.

If reports are to be believed then Temps wanted to leave

anyway, so it was a case of one more season of him or some much needed cash, I don't think fans can complain about the decision there.

Temps himself will be on probably far better money, the whole no ambition argument doesn't fly for me. Edu just moved from the 3rd division to the EPL. If players perform they will be picked up by bigger clubs.

As for the comments he has made on the Rangers website. 'New signing trying to endear himself to new clubs supporters shocker2 springs to mind.

Other than the fact I seem to appear a new username I don't think there can be many complaints with this transfer overall.

exactly whether people like it or not we can't pay the wages rangers can. unless some money rich oil tycoon comes in and buys us off romanov we are going to have to accept the fact that we will lose players to clubs who pay bigger wages.

Wasn't there a David something with worrying Glasgow credentials who didn't make our Cup final squad? I'm sure there was.

Well, you weren't missed that day David and you won't be missed now. In fact, I've forgotten you already.

No probs. Not posted on here for a long time but sensed the feeling towards Gowser & wanted to try and reassure people he was never going to sign. Hearts did try to push him. Expect him to sign a new deal shortly. And no I'm not Andy Driver, just ITK;-)

You seem like a decent enough person :thumbsup:

Are Hearts getting any other players in if you know (free angents?) Skacel...?

And another thing. I hope the payment was made, in full, in used notes in a brown paper carrier bag.

Wouldn't trust these Govan people an inch.

Arthur Morgan

Now that he's gone lets be honest....he was overrated, he'd be lucky to stick in one decent cross every couple of games, he's not really a winger, he doesn't really dribble much either and he both looks & sounds like a natural OF player. He's also not played many good games over the last 18 months & he'd have gone for nothing at the end of the season.

I get that he was quite good but I really, honestly don't see him as much of a loss, taking all of the above into account.

Now if we can use a bit of whatever money we get to give Gowser & even Driver a new deal, whilst having Novi as a regular, that'll do for me.

Also, how many English teams thought Temps was worth buying? Doesn't appear that we were inundated with bids from elsewhere today.

Please, NO :down:

Arthur Morgan

Wasn't there a David something with worrying Glasgow credentials who didn't make our Cup final squad? I'm sure there was.

Well, you weren't missed that day David and you won't be missed now. In fact, I've forgotten you already.

Too true :thumbsup:

If Driver gets a new deal I'm going to go round to Andy Bell's house and tell him the project we are working on is off.

Believe me, its sounding great, I don't wont to do that.

down.gif

As an old non season ticket holder ex pat, and long long time Herts daft man Templeton is no surprise, players have come and gone as long as I have had an interest in Heart of Midlothian. Willie Duff, George Thomson, Alec Young, Davie Mackay, and many others have come and gone at their own wish or at the team wish, all at one point were seen as unreplacable. To some extent with some it was true, with others the memories faded, but despite the tragedy, the tears the wailing, one thing lasted, and that was Heart of Midlothian, no one, no team, no owner, manager, coach or player has or will change that.

Also, how many English teams thought Temps was worth

buying? Doesn't appear that we were inundated with bids from elsewhere today.

the first part is a load of shite he was easily the best player in our squad this season, and had a lot of good games last year. you have to remember he was injured for a while so took time to get back to top form.

as for the he doesn't really dribble part what do you mean I take it you missed the derby goal he can go past players for fun. certainly going to be a big loss but hopefully walker can fufill his potential and novikovas come to the floor and replace templeton.

As an old non season ticket holder ex pat, and long long time Herts daft man Templeton is no surprise, players have come and gone as long as I have had an interest in Heart of Midlothian. Willie Duff, George Thomson, Alec Young, Davie Mackay, and many others have come and gone at their own wish or at the team wish, all at one point were seen as unreplacable. To some extent with some it was true, with others the memories faded, but despite the tragedy, the tears the wailing, one thing lasted, and that was Heart of Midlothian, no one, no team, no owner, manager, coach or player has or will change that.

BINGO!!

Arthur Morgan

Yes, I'm well aware of that, thanks. However:

1. As a consequence of their own horrific mismanagement, Rangers FC died.

2. The phoenix club which replaced it has begun its life in the fourth tier.

3. The Big Tax case will be reporting very soon... ;)

Meaning that first, they most certainly have been punished: their club no longer exists! And second, much hilarity almost certainly awaits in a month or two. :thumbsup:

It better do :yucky:

As far as I'm concerned, we can field the following side still, it hasn;t been a bad transfer window and we can still sign free agents:

------------MacDonald-----------

McGowan---Zaliukas---Webster----Grainger

----------Barr-----Taouil-------

Paterson------Stevenson--------Novikovas

--------------Sutton--------------

And options with: Driver, Walker, Carrick, Smith, Holt, Prychynenko, Robinson, Dylan McGowan, Hamill (when he's back fit) + 2 capable goalkeepers

Arthur Morgan

Yes but wasnt there also a rudi, a suso, a black amongst others instead. Different situation now

On recent form, Driver is one of our least talented players and I don't think he'll ever get his good form back.

jack D and coke

It's been an up & down couple of days

I love being a Hearts fan thumbsup.gif

:lol: your right mate!

Never a dull moment as they say.

spot on :D

If reports are to be believed then Temps wanted to leave anyway, so it was a case of one more season of him or some much needed cash, I don't think fans can complain about the decision there.

As for the comments he has made on the Rangers website. 'New signing trying to endear himself to new clubs supporters shocker' springs to mind.

Other than the fact I seem to appear to need a new username I don't think there can be many complaints with this transfer overall.

Agree with most of your post but not the bit in bold. Edu has moved to get away from 3rd division football before it drags him down as a player. He's played at most a handful of games at that level, and he's only got the move he has because Stoke clearly don't feel that having played a small number of games at that level will have affected him in any way. They certainly won't have factored in any of his performances this season (I'm not actually sure how many games he's played) when deciding whether he's good enough for them. It's a completely different story with Temps. He's moving to rangers to play in the 3rd division, and no English Premier League club is going to be remotely interested. If he spends the rest of the season ripping the defences of the likes of Elgin and Peterheid to shreds, no club of any note will care in the slightest. In addition to that, he's unlikely to develop significantly, if at all, by playing against that standard of opposition on a regular basis. I predict that he'll do fine for rangers while they're in the SFL but if and when they get back to the SPL, I think he'll turn out to be at best a mediocre SPL player in three or more years' time, destined to play out the last few years of his career at the likes of St Johnstone or St Mirren. I hope for his sake that he rakes in a fair amount of dosh over his contract at rangers, because I think he'll be unlikely to ever get another one of any substantial value.

jack D and coke

Agree with most of your post but not the bit in bold. Edu has moved to get away from 3rd division football before it drags him down as a player. He's played at most a handful of games at that level, and he's only got the move he has because Stoke clearly don't feel that having played a small number of games at that level will have affected him in any way. They certainly won't have factored in any of his performances this season (I'm not actually sure how many games he's played) when deciding whether he's good enough for them. It's a completely different story with Temps. He's moving to rangers to play in the 3rd division, and no English Premier League club is going to be remotely interested. If he spends the rest of the season ripping the defences of the likes of Elgin and Peterheid to shreds, no club of any note will care in the slightest. In addition to that, he's unlikely to develop significantly, if at all, by playing against that standard of opposition on a regular basis. I predict that he'll do fine for rangers while they're in the SFL but if and when they get back to the SPL, I think he'll turn out to be at best a mediocre SPL player in three or more years' time, destined to play out the last few years of his career at the likes of St Johnstone or St Mirren. I hope for his sake that he rakes in a fair amount of dosh over his contract at rangers, because I think he'll be unlikely to ever get another one of any substantial value.

That's it for me. I'm past the stage of hating players for leaving us and signing for either of the weejy's but Temps has just kissed goodbye to anything resembling a good career. He's going to make a few quid more playing for the Huns so I hope he reckons it's worth pishing his career down the pan for.

He took advice from Blackie and trigger before he made his mind up too.

Jesus :facepalm:

Sergio Garcia

I liked Temps, but in all honesty last season i would rather have had Suso in front of him. As someone mentioned he didnt get stripped for the Cup final, not even for the bench so we won't miss him.

Cheers for the fantastic goal against Hibs and the other moments of magic but better players have left in the past few months, Temps isn't in the top 3 of them.

I'm not too bothered with him going. I obviously would have preferred him to stay, but we've known since November last year that Romanov wasn't willing to keep lining the players pockets with his own money, and the strategy was laid out:

Make the squad smaller

Sell players who can make us money and are in the way of young players coming through

Bring in young players who can make an impact

Templeton will never get any better than he is now, and with him getting older his value will diminish (and he would have been offski for zilch next summer)so selling him now is the sensible thing to do.

It is just a shame he's gone to Rangers, but to be fair to him, he'll play in front of a big crowd every couple of weeks and significantly increases his wages.

Good luck to him, thanks for the memories, but I hope you win nothing of note in your career at Rangers.

Snake Plissken

Hope some third division hammer thrower halves him on Saturday.

You can **** off, David.

Cheers.

Nor will he be the last.

He hasn't betrayed his family. He didn't abandon his kids. He made what seems to all of us to be an obviously bad choice, but its his choice to make.

There will be others.

I enjoyed watching him, and I enjoyed his goal on Thursday immensely.

But he was no John Colquhoun.

jack D and coke

The thing is, a version of rangers in the 3rd division still holds more appeal & money than a SPL club...sad times

It is. It's all very depressing. Scottish football is horrible.

Not a big loss in my books.

+ Didn't play in the cup final

+ Too inconsistent

+ Last year of his contract (so a half a million bid or whatever it was is good business)

+ We have Paterson, Novikovas, Walker and Driver to fill the gap.

Onwards and upwards, we still have a core of a very good team.

That's not him speaking, that's media guff, anybody reading that thinking he actually said it is in cloud cuckoo land. Temps went for the dosh, nothing more, nothing less. he's been sold a dream and I say good luck to him. He's a good player but can a good player become a great player in the 3rd div?

The alarm bells are ringing in my head, somethings not right and this transfer proves it, why would a top player move to a 3rd div club unless he was promised top level football within 4 years???

Somethings not smelling right and I think we should be asking the questions, lets start with asking the clubs right now before they get a chance to formulate their answers!!.

ToadKiller Dog

Look temps career is cursed he will achieve nothing after tonights choice . I tell you now nothing , it is sad but he could have

Archived