Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Wasn't there a David something with worrying Glasgow credentials who didn't make our Cup final squad? I'm sure there was.

Well, you weren't missed that day David and you won't be missed now. In fact, I've forgotten you already.

who was that?.. oh wait a minute, little guy, cant cross a ball.. yeah thats the one...

obviously Im hurting, as we all are, but yeah..its no the end of the world.. until we see what is actually happening with the hundead..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

I am intrigued to see the details of this transfer. Given the way we handled the debt Sevco owe for Wallace (which was farcical - we should have made the SPL settle it), we need to know the fee and its timing(s).

Wee Novi will need to step up tyo the plate. Temps was a great wee player...on his day...but did blow hot and cold. That couple of months a couple of years ago(lol) he was unplayable, and he started this season well, but... :ermm:

Arthur Morgan

?I?ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here."

Loving it in the 3rd division? Ok then. Black must be one of those Hun sympathising Hearts 'fans'. He was a big player for us last season but undoubtedly was always an arse.

J.T.F.Robertson

I agree, Rab. A good player on his day, but it's (as you know) more to do with where he's gone, as opposed to the fact he has.

But when you get down to the arsehole of it, who among us would knock back a 500% increase to do what we do, (rhetorical) even if it meant playing at Meggetland every feckin week?

Still makes you want to throw your hands up, especially given the buyer's recent circumstances and how different they would have been if they are not who they are/were.

1346464376[/url]' post='3133260']

Nor will he be the last.

He hasn't betrayed his family. He didn't abandon his kids. He made what seems to all of us to be an obviously bad choice, but its his choice to make.

There will be others.

I enjoyed watching him, and I enjoyed his goal on Thursday immensely.

But he was no John Colquhoun.

This.

Whilst many of us are very disappointed with his decision, as the OP says, it was his choice, and it shouldn't take away from the great performances he has turned in for our club, culminating in his goal against Liverpool. Yes it feels raw right now, but I don't share the view that "ah'm done wi Scottish fitba", there will be other players, other moments, and many many more reasons to realise we are the talk o' the toon.

And see if anyone ever properly invents a time machine, Colquhoun would be the first in it!

Charlie-Brown

The Old Firm flash their cash and some players (& clubs) drop their knickers, sadly. But nothing new here except of course The Rangers have never been in the fourth division of Scottish fitba before but they still getting big crowds.

As much as I am p****d off at temps, I'm sure he is a rangers fan so I ask all of you this.........

If you were in his position and hearts were in the 3rd and they wanted to sign you for decent wages. Would you or wouldn't you sign?...

I know I would.

Geoff Kilpatrick

?I?ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here."

Loving it in the 3rd division? Ok then. Black must be one of those Hun sympathising Hearts 'fans'. He was a big player for us last season but undoubtedly was always an arse.

You see press releases and interviews after players sign? About as meaningful as a Liberal Democrat party conference.

Doctor FinnBarr

As much as I am p****d off at temps, I'm sure he is a rangers fan so I ask all of you this.........

If you were in his position and hearts were in the 3rd and they wanted to sign you for decent wages. Would you or wouldn't you sign?...

I know I would.

A Smellic fan, how much of a ***** does that make him then?

down.gif

ToadKiller Dog

Temps achived the high point of his career on Thursday . He wasted his future on Friday . Ryan McGowan has a future .

glenn quagmire

Wasn't there a David something with worrying Glasgow credentials who didn't make our Cup final squad? I'm sure there was.

Well, you weren't missed that day David and you won't be missed now. In fact, I've forgotten you already.

I don't post that often and I realise people are pissed off but behave yourself. Were you thinking that on Thursday.

I know Temps and his family well so can you explain to me the "worrying Glasgow credentials" bit.

One thing i'm not, is pissed off.

It's thier career, piss it away if you want. i work for one thing and one thing only and thats money. dont care how morally corrupt my employer may be and dont care about being at the pinnacle of my trade as long as the bills get paid

have black and temps made a mistake? Undoubtably. do i hate them for it? Most certainly not!

One thing i'm not, is pissed off.

It's thier career, piss it away if you want. i work for one thing and one thing only and thats money. dont care how morally corrupt my employer may be and dont care about being at the pinnacle of my trade as long as the bills get paid

have black and temps made a mistake? Undoubtably. do i hate them for it? Most certainly not!

Had they screwed us over maybe

but they never!

The only thing they've damaged is their own career.

our team has been weakened by their departure, sure

but the blame for that lies squarely at the door of one man and one man only and his name is neither black nor templeton.

Don't really care what anyone says on this but IMO temps is a greedy little rat with no ambition, lose ur career in the lower divisions for all I care we will always keep calm and **** the Hibs!!!!

Guess The Crowd

best thing about deadline day is natalie sawyers massive tits :pinilla:

Now that the dust has settled, this was the most informed post of the whole evening.

heartgarfunkel

He's previously been honest enough to admit that he's as thick as ****, and has just joined a club in the 3rd division.

My disgust is totally aimed at where he has gone. I don't wish the lad ill but, as far as his club are concerned, I look forward to the day when it all comes unstuck again.

As I've said elsewhere, David has taken the easy option - plenty of money and no challenge. He has not developed at all in the past 2 years with his recent good form, IMO, rooted in the "shop window" scenario.

I look forward to seeing Jamie and Dale getting more game time.

I know he's got his own thread but, in the light of ZombieCo reveling in the way they have defrauded every one of the population of Scotland, indeed their beloved UK, thank you Gowser for saving my night.

I really hope his career nose dives.

Hope?

It's already hit rock bottom. from scoring at anfield to playing at ochilview again but this time against the shire. it doesn't get any lower as a proffesional.

If he's lucky next season it'll be gayfield instead of anfield

as i've said before, its his career.

Thats the only things he's damaged. he's done nothing detrimental to our club. farewell temps, all the best!

We need the money, Temps only had a year on his contract left, we would have got nothing for him at xmas, he only plays half a season if lucky (due to injury) and we will not miss him. He didn't even play in the cup final filleting of Hibs. I am glad that only he has left.

Well done Gowser I like you even more, if that is possible.

THE REAL SCANDAL IS THAT GREEN AND SEVCO ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SHOULD BE HANGING ITS HEAD IN SHAME. All those people owed money must be seething.

Disgusting !!!!!! Can't believe a player of his talent would whore himself to the 4th tier of Scottish football ! Fecking **** !!! Temps last night = legend tonight *******

templeton is a celtic fan.... its 100% about money, nothing else

Sad, sad and more sad. He really needs to have a word with his agent!

We need the money, Temps only had a year on his contract left, we would have got nothing for him at xmas, he only plays half a season if lucky (due to injury) and we will not miss him. He didn't even play in the cup final filleting of Hibs. I am glad that only he has left.

THE REAL SCANDAL IS THAT GREEN AND SEVCO ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SHOULD BE HANGING ITS HEAD IN SHAME. All those people owed money must be seething.

THIS with bells on!!!

ToadKiller Dog

He is a slut with a fith of the talent of the real Davie cooper .

As I said I pity David Templeton and where his career could have

Taken him .

Last post as off to listen to some Bob Dylan a master of his craft .

He didn't waste his talent .

Geoff Kilpatrick

What is ridiculous is the halfway house oldco/newco the football authorities created, breaking their own rules.

Cannot get my head round it at all, it's a terrible decision from Templeton.

I dunno if he's being badly advised or he knows something about Rangers that we don't but it's an awful move nonetheless.

Surely as a professional footballer your ambition is to play at the highest level and represent your country no?

He won't experience any of this up against fat part-timers in the 3rd 4th division.

We probably forced him out the door in the end though tbh, so I don't want to criticise him too much personally.

Although his horrid wee Glasgow puss annoys me.

Agree with most of your post but not the bit in bold. Edu has moved to get away from 3rd division football before it drags him down as a player. He's played at most a handful of games at that level, and he's only got the move he has because Stoke clearly don't feel that having played a small number of games at that level will have affected him in any way. They certainly won't have factored in any of his performances this season (I'm not actually sure how many games he's played) when deciding whether he's good enough for them. It's a completely different story with Temps. He's moving to rangers to play in the 3rd division, and no English Premier League club is going to be remotely interested. If he spends the rest of the season ripping the defences of the likes of Elgin and Peterheid to shreds, no club of any note will care in the slightest. In addition to that, he's unlikely to develop significantly, if at all, by playing against that standard of opposition on a regular basis. I predict that he'll do fine for rangers while they're in the SFL but if and when they get back to the SPL, I think he'll turn out to be at best a mediocre SPL player in three or more years' time, destined to play out the last few years of his career at the likes of St Johnstone or St Mirren. I hope for his sake that he rakes in a fair amount of dosh over his contract at rangers, because I think he'll be unlikely to ever get another one of any substantial value.

Good summary. Can't say I'm particularly angry with him, just surprised and saddened he's quite that stupid.

ohwhenthegearts

That's it for me. I'm past the stage of hating players for leaving us and signing for either of the weejy's but Temps has just kissed goodbye to anything resembling a good career. He's going to make a few quid more playing for the Huns so I hope he reckons it's worth pishing his career down the pan for.

He took advice from Blackie and trigger before he made his mind up too.

Jesus :facepalm:

how long before DT gets a Scotland call up? :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

To those who hope he fails why? We've got some money and probably won't play against him for 3 years, by that time he might have gone anyway

It was the SFL computer, allegedly. Nothing will be said or done about it. Scottish football is rotten.

....to the core!

Most of you are missing the point. Where he went, how he went, when he went etc etc are unimportant.

He's just the latest kid that saw a pay check. Remember Alan Johnston? 10x the player Templeton will ever be when he was still at Hearts and look where he ended up.

Heart of Midlothian FC are far bigger than kids like David Templeton. Good luck to him if he chooses to leave, but we will move on and ultimately be better off without him if he doesn't want to stay.

Temps has lacked consistency all his career and maybe he has been given a deal beyond his wildest dreams so it's hard to knock him for going for it. Football is a short career and if he can make a good wage then good luck to him. Don't understand the hate thrown at him for making this move.

ffs

http://www.rangers.c...sperate-to-sign

arse

hero to zero in 24 hours.

Quote: ?I wanted to speak with the manager and see how (things were) long it will be until we're back in the SPL. Now I?m really looking forward to getting started.?

Come on, Gowser! What did they promise you?

Quote: "Templeton added: ?I?ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here."

Big money and draws against Peterhead and Berwick Rangers. :lol:

The thing is, a version of rangers in the 3rd 4th division still holds more appeal & money than a SPL club...sad times

As an old non season ticket holder ex pat, and long long time Herts daft man Templeton is no surprise, players have come and gone as long as I have had an interest in Heart of Midlothian. Willie Duff, George Thomson, Alec Young, Davie Mackay, and many others have come and gone at their own wish or at the team wish, all at one point were seen as unreplacable. To some extent with some it was true, with others the memories faded, but despite the tragedy, the tears the wailing, one thing lasted, and that was Heart of Midlothian, no one, no team, no owner, manager, coach or player has or will change that.

Remember my first hero, Dave MacKay going and it broke a kid's heart - forced out by the club who wanted the money - plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose!

Then Alex Young and it broke a teenager's heart!

Then Willie Wallace and, well you get the drift.

I have to say though, last night, when it looked as if Gowser was going as well for a while, I felt worse than those - sick to my stomach! It was the ZombieCo factor!

Gowser telling them to stuff it was like signing a new player.

He's a very special young man in this old man's eyes!

ToadKiller Dog

Heard it was less than 300,000 for loser boy

Ryan was the real value in any deal as he is a future talent

And a decent person . Temps I feel sorry for hope he

Gets his chance in a big league but think he has missed it .

Tempelton seems your standard old firm waste of talent

Conned by fat Sally's lies .

Geoff Kilpatrick

To those who hope he fails why? We've got some money and probably won't play against him for 3 years, by that time he might have gone anyway

The thing is, how do you define success or failure at Sevco to know whether he has failed or not?

Remember my first hero, Dave MacKay going and it broke a kid's heart - forced out by the club who wanted the money - plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose!

Then Alex Young and it broke a teenager's heart!

Then Willie Wallace and, well you get the drift.

I have to say though, last night, when it looked as if Gowser was going as well for a while, I felt worse than those - sick to my stomach! It was the ZombieCo factor!

Gowser telling them to stuff it was like signing a new player.

He's a very special young man in this old man's eyes!

Totally agree and remember all your nightmares. There are more! The Hibs fans have suffered even more through the decades. I am not too downhearted just now and Gowser is now a hero. It could have been worse much worse

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Terrible move for a young promising player, it looks like Hearts were pushing him into it as well

He's thinks it's bad now getting kicked lumps out of him every week what's it gonna be like in the 4th division?!

Sally McCoist what a shit manager buying up SPL players to try and get out of the lower leagues hope it fails miserably and newco go bust too

**** the SFA as well, one transfer window ban (Jan 2013), what a joke

This is the same Templeton who wasn't good enough to even make the bench for the cup final remember,the same player who more often than not didn't turn up.On his day a cracking player and probably the best impact player we had but losing him for nowt to Sevco in 9 months would have been far worse imo.Take the money and move on and watch Temps toil in the lower leagues and give Carrick his shirt.

The Mighty Thor

Fully expected this season to be like this.

What sticks in my craw is the fact that in order to pay the tax man we had to sell a good young player to a team that just didn't bother paying the tax man.

The media are right. Scottish football is two big clubs and a load of diddy teams. We are a diddy team, a diddy team that bends right over to take it dry.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if fat Sally (Scotland's worst manager by a mile. Who makes Fenlol look like SAR) has a real bee in his bonnet about HMFC and wants to try to weaken us? After all Vlad was the first to publicly declare that sevco should not be admitted directly into the SPL.

Ah well like father like son trawling the lower leagues wondering what might have been for the little *****. Thursday night goals will be the biggest moment of his career now that's he's joined the other money grabbing ***** like black shiels and sandanza.

Paulie Walnut

Sold a player who has not improved in 2 years, very inconsistent and doesn't like it when he's played physically for big money. Look at whatq happened to driver when we refused 3 mil for him.I think it's a great piece of business and couldn't give a flying about his narrow minded career destroying move he has made. Let him rot.

Seymour M Hersh

Nor will he be the last.

He hasn't betrayed his family. He didn't abandon his kids. He made what seems to all of us to be an obviously bad choice, but its his choice to make.

There will be others.

I enjoyed watching him, and I enjoyed his goal on Thursday immensely.

But he was no John Colquhoun.

He has. He has betrayed the Heart of Midlothian family.

The Real Maroonblood

Fans don't have a problem selling players it is that they are disgusted at Romanov selling to the cheats.

The man has no integrity.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fans don't have a problem selling players it is that they are disgusted at Romanov selling to the cheats.

The man has no integrity.

The thing is though, I regard them as a new club. Ergo, the new club hasn't "cheated". However, in a bid to pull in the knuckle draggers, Sevco has bizarrely accepted the sins of the old club. We will see the extent of the punishments for that cheating soon (probably nothing of course given the authorities track record).

Archived