Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Skacel'sLeftFoot

We got an attacker in, lost an inconsistent talent who done well for us a times. No grumbles from me as long as the fee is decent. Don't get the vitriol on here for him from some. Far worse had we lost Gowser, Webby or Zal IMHO.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its been said but if it was any other team I would probably be happy for him. Just no THEM! Still cant get over the injustice of The Rangers being able to buy (and afford) players and other SPL teams cant.

fabienleclerq

Im not too gutted as we kept gowser and we have walker etc waiting for a chance, just think he's made a bad career choice and if he stays there will have wasted 3 years of his career before he gets back to the spl.

I have a funny feeling the Rangers are gonna sell him for double/triple in less than a year though :down:

Prince Buaben

I can't be bothered reading half this thread. It's always ******* annoying when we lose players especially to Rangers or Sellick.

Playing Devils advocate though, how much of a loss is Templeton?. No doubt that he has ability and he shows that from time to time but when was the last time he played consistent? Late 2009? Of course he has played well in games and no doubt could rattle of a number of games he's played well in since then but what about in a period of successive games since late 2009 and Kevin Kyle got injured.

Rudolf's Mate

Just woken up and checked the done deals on sky. Nearly keeled over when I noticed Hibs has taken Ryan on a season loan however after rubbing te crusty sleep from my eyes I could see it was Ryan Mcgiven!!!

Jambof3tornado

I am fairly happy with thus window and we still have a host of talented youngsters to look forward to breaking through.

Not quite the doom and gloom some may think.

I'm happy with the business done. As long as we get a good fee of on or over 750k...

We have Novi and Driver along with Walker coming through.

I actually don;t think there is much difference between Temps and Novi... :thumbsup:

Also, Temps looks really uncomfortable in that Rangers top. :pleasing:

He is already regretting his poor decision

1346480842[/url]' post='3133400']

I do hate the good bit of business posts you get on here.

It really annoys me that we are selling one of our best players to pay a tax bill to a team that has just stolen 130 million from the tax man.

Hearts as a business are a basket case and the money we make on Temps is just going towards the money we have squandered on the likes of Obua in previous years.

Just watching Temps on tv now and it does sadden me that he would want to trade what he has at Hearts to play for that scummy club.

I agree its annoying that wem have to sell players to pay a tax bill, and he team that we sell to did not pay their tax.

Regardless Temps was in the last year of his contract, in 6 months he could sign a pre contract and walk for free. I understand why we sold him, I just hope the money was good. Disappointed he went to them, would of felt better if he went to a team down south.

Still a lot of free agents that can come in to replace him. Let's see what happens next week.

Jamboscanbevicius

Now the dust has settled I think we had a good day yesterday...

Wasn't keen on Stevenson's return but gives us options and SPL experience in the final third.

Didn't want to lose Temps but we got much needed cash for a player who would have walked for nothing in Jan.

Delighted we kept Gowser and extended Paterson's contract. Now we need to reward Ryan by giving him a new deal - he is not a world beater (yet) but the boy is a class act in how he conducts himself on and off the park!

Would love to see us add a couple of those without clubs - Skacel and Sheridan - but can't see it.

kingantti1874

I'm not sad at all losing temps.. I'm utterly pissed it's to the rangers and we are forced to sell him to pay bills.. So so wrong

The Real Maroonblood

We have brought in some much needed ????

You'd think he turned down Barca to sign for Rangers when Rangers were the only team that wanted him.

At least you will pleased he went to the cheats. :rolleyes:

No surprise there.

Keeping Gowser was the key to yesterday, him going there would just have been too unpalatable. Hopefully he'll now sign a new deal and when he does leave, which he will because he'll outgrow us soon enough, it'll be to a decent club in England or elsewhere and we'll get his full value. I wonder if he passed some kind of test in Romanov's eyes yesterday (he certainly did in mine!!)

The Temps move is most disappointing because of where he has gone and the implications of that in terms of that in terms of their spending power. He has started the season well, but then he's done that before.

That said, Rangers did not appear to beat anyone to sign him, even after Thursday, they were the only team to show concrete interest, it is clear the club wanted the money more than the player.

Last night I was raging with him, today from a financial point of view I am envious of him, but mostly I feel sorry for him.

I agree it won't be 3 years of lower league football, but it will be at least 2. If they try to shoehorn Rangers into the top tier for next season it will be time for fan action again.

I wonder if fat Sally (Scotland's worst manager by a mile. Who makes Fenlol look like SAR) has a real bee in his bonnet about HMFC and wants to try to weaken us? After all Vlad was the first to publicly declare that sevco should not be admitted directly into the SPL.

That is exactly what's happening.

Some of the stuff on here is nonsense. If Temps had been 100% fit in May, he'd have started in the cup final. He is a very talented player with the potential to get better. He didn't look out of place at Anfield. That's what made him a sellable asset. Unfortunately, only one team made a suitable offer. That says more about his agent to me...

I hope the kid hasn't blown it, but I think he has. To continue improving and developing, surely you have to play at the highest level possible? Temps and the rest of that Rangers squad can't possibly fulfil their potential in the lower leagues. League reconstruction will only save them a year, so two years in the wilderness at a vital stage in his career? How sharp will he be when he reaches the SPL again. Not as good as he could have been. Daft laddie.

David Cooper Templeton. It's clear his family are Rangers supporters, regardless of Temps own leanings growing up. As I said earlier, I get it but don't agree with it.

Ryan McGowan must have been under incredible pressure last night from McCoist, his agent, the media after Hearts accepted that offer. Take a bow lad, take a bow.

Rudolf's Mate

Gutted Temps is gone but it's one area we do have cover for therefore it does seem on the face of it a good piece of business.

A least he's not going to come up against us in the league for a while yet!

Francis Albert

If the Rangers spell goes right for him - or if he gets a good move on the back of it - he could be financially set for life. Cannot criticise him for making that decision.

Good player for us with some great moments. Perhaps should have been brought into the team earlier rather than being held back by some real journeymen. Will never have Hearts legend status but will be remembered for that moment when it looked like we might put Liverpool out of a European competition.

... and that goal at ER

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There is no point kidding yourself on, Templeton is a cracking player as he showed on Thursday night.

On the bright side, it's now time for Novikovas to get a run who is potentially even better than Temps.

And he won't **** off to Glasgow quicker than you can say delayed transfer ban :thumbsup:

As long as we got a recent deal I'm not that over fussed tbh.

Whilst there is no doubting Temps ability, wingers is one area we are well covered in.

Thought Temps/his agent would have had more ambition and went down south, but if The Rangers were the only team bidding, not a lot Hearts or Temps could do about it.

You seem like a decent enough person :thumbsup:

Are Hearts getting any other players in if you know (free angents?) Skacel...?

No I don't & after the last night don't think my source will have his mobile on today. On Sunday everyone should give Gowser a standing ovation! He was under so much pressure But he kept his word& said NO! Believe me he is a Jambo through & through & if he is to leave it will be down south.

1346487504[/url]' post='3133578']

Whilst there is no doubting Temps ability, wingers is one area we are well covered in.

Thought Temps/his agent would have had more ambition and went down south, but if The Rangers were the only team bidding, not a lot Hearts or Temps could do about it.

I think the games Temps has missed this season have shown we are not well covered in that area. We may have players to play there but they don't give us what Temps did, IMO.

That is exactly what's happening.

IS that four ex Hearts players they have now? could have been Gowser too...

Sevco will dump the ex Jambo players the day they know they are coming in to the SPL ( say 2 years)

or as someone said sell them on . McCoist or whoever their manager is in 2 years will expect to spend on international quality players

they know already they could not compete with Cellick with the current squad.

I trust the gaffer won't be told not to play Gowser... we will see! Our new signing returnee will do a turn for us I trust if he can turn Sutton

into a guy who gets a chance or two per match.

Anyway don't worry guys, we will get Rudi in come January for another swansong season like Sinatra at the Superbowl.

First post in a long time, mostly just lurking but this has me thinking:

Not even gonna bother about the 'computer error' which enabled them to secure the transfer after 00:00, what I will put in though is this;

The Huns are on TV nearly every week now, Templeton knows he is being watched, he goes to them, increases his wages and he has more TV time to put himself in the shop window. David templeton is earning more and will be at a different club within 2 years, it's just fine business sense for him.

Of course I am miffed beyond reason that another of our players has moved to one of those two but it has always been that way.

Wheatfield_Bookie

This is from the Sevco website...

"The winger has signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues after they agreed an undisclosed fee for him with the Edinburgh outfit.

Despite a hectic 24 hours which saw Templeton score for the Jambos at Liverpool, train on Merseyside this morning then travel by bus to the capital, he hopes to play on Sunday.

Whether the 23-year-old is selected for the side that faces Elgin City remains to be seen...

Either way, Templeton is eager to get his Gers career underway in earnest and hopes will be high the exciting forward can make a positive impact."

So... A player who just scored against Liverpool might not play against ELGIN CITY.

Now I have really seen it all...

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

IS that four ex Hearts players they have now? could have been Gowser too...

Sevco will dump the ex Jambo players the day they know they are coming in to the SPL ( say 2 years)

or as someone said sell them on . McCoist or whoever their manager is in 2 years will expect to spend on international quality players

they know already they could not compete with Cellick with the current squad.

That's exactly it temps black Kyle sandaza, these players wouldn't have been bought by an SPL rangers, or of they were they would have warmed the bench whilst international players like jelavic or edu were playing..

And from Rangers point of view their fans giving it the "aye they want to play for The Rangers, big crowds, big team etc" HA! Shove 7k a week in front of someone who usually earns 1-2k a week and they'll quickly become interested in playing for anyone

Like a sugar daddy and a couple of money grabbing slappers they're all well suited together

McCoist- lol what a pish manager a player like temps will have no joy in the 3rd division he will get kicked off the park in the first 5 minutes then sulk for the rest

Temps looked to me like he was going to play in behind Sutton this season and not as a winger though. Something we need is someone to support the front man, who will that be? Stevenson perhaps? Holt may also get a chance now.

I hope we give Jamie walker a run.

Quicker than temps and knows where the net is.

In the short term, I reckon we'll see Driver on the left and Novikovas in behind Sutton, with Walker and Carrick making some sub appearances to put pressure on the 2 of them. I can only see Stevenson coming in as cover for Sutton (late sub etc) as he doesn't fit into the current shape and tempo of the team IMO.

Any SPL player signing for sevco is utterly baffling. IIRC, this is following the pattern Green set at Sheffield United by buying lots of players to keep home games busy. The next step is to panic and get rid of EVERYBODY when he realises that he's blown all the company's cash and he'll never earn it back.

I don't think 50,000 orcs will keep showing up to see Elgin City et al. It'll be fecking hilarious when Templeton, Black and all the other mercenary minded plebeians who've moved there realise that they've been well and truly shat on.

Guess The Crowd

RIP Templeton's career. Anfield to Annan, dust to dust.

down.gif

Anfield to Annan, dust to dust.

Good line, like it :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

I just hope they remembered to send in the right contract - the one the SFA is supposed to see.

I wonder if anything was mentioned in the discussions about when Sevco expect to be back in the top flight.

Drylaw Hearts

No. If we had enough fans we could afford keep our best players but this is the way it is. We can't keep begging Romanov to bankroll the club.

Unfortunately 'this'.

There's no doubt Templeton is a decent player but this time last year he'd have been a benchwarmer at Ibrox. Hearts, Templeton and his agent all cash in ... at the expense of the boy's career. He's shown the extent of his ambition and greed (on and off the ball) but will shine in D3. He joins the nearly-men of Ritchie and Johnston. No legend but just a moment of glory and then no more. Templeton had his in Liverpool on Thursday night. RIP Templeton's Career.

winston churchill

He's joined a bigger club and is earning more money.I said about 30 pages ago,he would have sat tight and walked for nowt.

As for the,am no gone back mob :lol: more room for winston up in N3 and easier to get served in the boozer.

winston churchill

No-one tried to kill off Rangers.

I see a NewCo without the required 3 years accounts playing under the auspices of OldCo.

Who will be back in the SPL in ten months time ;)

I think Templeton was a bit overrated and i think he is very replaceable(walker). He only got 11 goals in 81 appearances. If he had kept his form up when he played with KK and JJ then he could have been world class but he has never been that good since then.

Glasgow Rangers no longer exist.

I trust this clarifies matters.

If you say it enough times Geoffrey it might just actually come true.

Have you managed to wipe the egg off your face yet from your post the other night saying Templeton wouldn't sign for Rangers?

I bet they won't be back in the spl in 10 months

Probably not but that may be due to the fact that the SPL may not be there itself in 10 months time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If you say it enough times Geoffrey it might just actually come true.

Have you managed to wipe the egg off your face yet from your post the other night saying Templeton wouldn't sign for Rangers?

:laugh: Yep, more fool me for crediting a player with brains and thinking of his career.

I will enjoy Chuck throwing away 8% of the capital of Sevco for no apparent reason. Admin mark two took a step closer. smuggy:

I hope the kid hasn't blown it, but I think he has. To continue improving and developing, surely you have to play at the highest level possible? Temps and the rest of that Rangers squad can't possibly fulfil their potential in the lower leagues. League reconstruction will only save them a year, so two years in the wilderness at a vital stage in his career? How sharp will he be when he reaches the SPL again. Not as good as he could have been. Daft laddie.

Really? I hope he has blown it big time and looks back on this day as the day his career went into a downward spiral.

2 seasons minimum in the lower leagues and his game will stagnate. When sevco get their place back in the SPL he will be ditched for a more glamorous foreign player.

Pity.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Probably not but that may be due to the fact that the SPL may not be there itself in 10 months time.

:wow: ARMAGEDDON!!!!

Oh wait, that didn't happen did it!

It will more likely be 2 leagues of 16 with still no place for your sevco.

Archived