Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need the money...so be it

Pretty much it. Though it doesn't stop me being disappointed at Temps and angry at Rangers and the authorities.

Johanes de Silentio

Left on a high with goal against liverpool. Footballers play for money and the more the better.

Fair point, Dave, but he's signed for The Rangers - an SFL 3 club.

For that reason, Templeton can **** off.

Guest C00l K1d

Dont see how its going to hinder his chances for scotland seeing as black got a game against australia

He can fecking rot in the 3rd div for all i care though.. really hope sevco feck up and dont get promoted

The boy's got loads of talent but is injury prone. Started the season on fire imo but I can't see this as a good move for him. The only good thing about it is we'll get some much needed money.

CavySlaveJambo

If I am reading this rightly, he was going to leave next summer anyway, so why not sell him and get some much needed ?? at the same time.

Fair point, Dave, but he's signed for The Rangers - an SFL 3 club.

For that reason, Templeton can **** off.

Us suporters find it hard to stomach but the days of loyalty to a club are long gone. Most foootballers would play anywhere or in any league if the money is right.

4yr deal.

Still, he should do well at that level after his time at Stenhousemuir.

Would hope that the money is upfront and in full, anything else would be stupid from our point of view.

Meh.

Johanes de Silentio

disappointed at Temps and angry at Rangers and the authorities.

Damn straight - a brand new club, who owe hundreds of thousands of pounds to at least one other member club - and they're allowed to splash out on transfer fees?

Shameful.

Never did take to the two diamond earings. just not right on a guy :unsure:

I was raging when he scored last night! What a prick

From scoring against Liverpool in Europe in front of millions of fans around the world to playing in the shite-hole grounds of the Scottish 3rd Division in front of 2 men and a dog.

What a fecking loser.

Johanes de Silentio

Us suporters find it hard to stomach but the days of loyalty to a club are long gone. Most fpotballers would play anywhere or in any league if the money is right.

I get what you're saying, Dave - I really do.

However, David Templeton...

can **** off.

I think they see him as a straight replacement for Naismith. And that is how I think we should have played him. The boy isn't a straight winger and we tried to play him as one.

No doubt the sycophants that fill in for "journalists" up here will be foaming at the mouth....soon, expect a "crusade" of how THE Rangers "have" to be promoted back for the good of the game, to stop their players "stagnating".

A lovely bit of circular logic, and it will come, won't it?

I was raging when he scored last night! What a prick

Ah but he doesn't wear them when he's playing. I'm a great believer in players behaviour being acceptable both on and off the park you know :rolleyes:

Bish bash BOSH

Quadrupled his wages for 4 years got the club some much much needed cash!!! Left with a great memory as a send off......

We've kept gowser until January then he signs a pre contract somewhere and we get NOTHING woopdedoo

Arthur Morgan

I hope he fecking rots. What a shocking lack of ambition, typical Scottish player who can't see past Glasgow.

Enjoy playing in the 3rd division you tw@t.

David Templeton thanks for the goal at Annfield against Liverpool on Thurs night but shows you have no ambition but to sign for a 3rd division club now and play against a bunch of Brickies , joiners and School Jannies in the lower leagues...Total Muppet! Plus Black lifts the Cup in May , ok he was bein released but this is shockin just gowa to show why scottish football is rubbish and uncompetitive...sick of this

End of the day, we accepted a bid, Temps wanted to move on.

Strange move for me, but we got money that will keep us ticking over.

More worryingly, for me there was a hell of a lot of onus on Temps to produce, he was a man that created and moved us forward, when he was not there, I never seen much else.

I think the discontent may have something to do with the following:-

"An organisation which has recently stiffed Hmrc and numerous creditors of substantial amounts of money have been given carte blance to carry on as before under the pretence of being a newco despite acting and stating that in fact they are one and the same original organisation."

Personally I can only hope that BDO or a creditor of the original "organisation" has the funding available to take these shysters to the courts and establish the corruption which has takem place under the banner of RFC

Hopefully the Templeton episode is lost in the noise.

Cannot understand his logic at all.

He's got great potential but think he's made a bad move.

I agree, why play in the third division? Maybe transfer to Rangers in a year or two when they're in the First Division or the SPL. And not a good move developmental, need to play against a similar level of opposition for improvement. I just hope we get at least a million for him.

Like I said on my first post on this thread, keep the faith with McGowan. He was never going to sign for Gers. Temps is a Gers fan and with that and money he's gone. He wasn't in the Scotland squad or close to it so would have been easier decision. IMO though he's just chucked a promising career down the tubes!

If I am reading this rightly, he was going to leave next summer anyway, so why not sell him and get some much needed ?? at the same time.

spot on some folk are just greeting cause its rangers. but at the end of the day apparantly temps wouldve preferred a move down south there were no bids that came in apart from rangers. We needed the money so instead of going for free we cashed in, it's hardly the scandalous situation folk are making out. I'm not going to insult temps cause he was brilliant for us and I loved the wee man thanks for the memories temps.

More worryingly, for me there was a hell of a lot of onus on Temps to produce, he was a man that created and moved us forward, when he was not there, I never seen much else.

Step up ryan stevenson, novi and driver...maybe

See ya. At least we cashed in on him. Quality player on his day but in all honesty how many times did he actually perform at his best over the last year? I'm hopeful that he won't be as big a miss as some of us fear. Time for Driver to refind his form and Novikovas to step up to the plate.

Gordon Ramsay

Cannot get my head round it at all, it's a terrible decision from Templeton.

I dunno if he's being badly advised or he knows something about Rangers that we don't but it's an awful move nonetheless.

Surely as a professional footballer your ambition is to play at the highest level and represent your country no?

He won't experience any of this up against fat part-timers in the 3rd division.

We probably forced him out the door in the end though tbh, so I don't want to criticise him too much personally.

Although his horrid wee Glasgow puss annoys me.

It's quite hurtful to see him like that.

"As soon as I heard, I couldn't wait to sign for Rangers"

Wtf is he thinking?!

Have been out since back of 8, unless he has handed in a transfer request, we accepted a bid, its his right to take up the offer.

Good money now is better than ok in Jan or nothing next summer.

Time for someone else to step up.

Jam11...

Jam = Jam Tart

11 = 11

ITK

Hmmm...Are you Andy Driver???? Lol

Thanks for your info tonight fella!

Called it.

No probs. Not posted on here for a long time but sensed the feeling towards Gowser & wanted to try and reassure people he was never going to sign. Hearts did try to push him. Expect him to sign a new deal shortly. And no I'm not Andy Driver, just ITK;-)

Gordon Ramsay

Yep, ur last sentence is bang on.

We look fairly static when he's not playing.

It's quite hurtful to see him like that.

"As soon as I heard, I couldn't wait to sign for Rangers"

Wtf is he thinking?!

To be honest I'm actually happy to hear that from him. Good riddance with that attitude. Softens the blow.

He is now just a little hun prick.

Arthur Morgan

I get what you're saying, Dave - I really do.

However, David Templeton...

can **** off.

This.

I hope he fecking rots. What a shocking lack of ambition, typical Scottish player who can't see past Glasgow. Enjoy playing in the 3rd division you tw@t.

Let's hope Jamie Walker gets his chance now, the young boys know what an honour it is to play for Hearts.

Edit - Just seen Rangers' official statement, Temps suits a Sevco top tbh, little prick. He was a great player on his day but tbh was very inconsistent. I really hope his career nose dives.

I believe this was answered on an earlier thread (see below). And lets be honest from what's gone on this summer it probably wont be far from the truth

TempsContract.jpg

I would rather take the money that keeps us ticking over.

His choice, if its Watford or Rangers, if the money was right, I can handle it.

Johanes de Silentio

its his right to take up the offer.

Of course it is - I wouldn't deny that.

What I'm saying, though, is that he can **** off.

Chad Sexington

Have been out since back of 8, unless he has handed in a transfer request, we accepted a bid, its his right to take up the offer.

Good money now is better than ok in Jan or nothing next summer.

Time for someone else to step up.

Correct.

Where he has gone to is largely irrelevant. We need the cash. We got a bid we deemed acceptable. The player wanted to leave. Game over.

If he wants to languish in the 4th tier of Scottish football, good luck to him.

Archived