Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If gowser signs a new deal he can expect a hero's reception on Sunday.

Why not? He's a Hearts legend.

I've thought about it all night, read everyone's posts (some multiple) and I've concluded that I don't care... I have no control over players wishes or their respective situations and if they wish to earn more money so be it.

Sevco are ***** to a man; a dispicable, vile corrupt institution built on bigotry and supported by morons. Unfortunately they are the favoured sons of another corrupt institution who will do all they can to ensure that the Govan mercenaries rise like a Phoenix from the flames. They will soon occupy the top spot in Scotland's premier football league once again.

Hate Sevco, hate the sfa... Scottish football is broken... blame SDM, CW, Oldco. Regan, Doncaster et al... they really did a number on us.

Why not? He's a Hearts legend.

Eh? Of course he is and he'd be a bigger legend if he signed a new deal and turned down rangers no?

Tommy Wiseau

Yes, I'm well aware of that, thanks. However:

1. As a consequence of their own horrific mismanagement, Rangers FC died.

2. The phoenix club which replaced it has begun its life in the fourth tier.

3. The Big Tax case will be reporting very soon... ;)

Meaning that first, they most certainly have been punished: their club no longer exists! And second, much hilarity almost certainly awaits in a month or two. :thumbsup:

All of that, aside from point 3, is exactly my point. It's the carcass picking at the vulture FFS, so criticising Hearts for mismanagement is pretty much besides the point, especially as much of the over-spending under different owners happened in an attempt to compete with these cheating vermin.

As for point 3 and the rest, that's all great and I genuinely do hope that they die for keeps soon (where tbh I didn't before the last few weeks), but it doesn't make this whole affair any less sickening.

How can MCGowan talk to Rangers if Hearts have not agreed a fee?

I know he is there having a medical and Sally is trying to convince him to join but he is still under contract at hearts..

No fee agreed = no talks

The Puppeteer

Anyone else think that this just confirms there's been a secret deal done by the heads of Scottish football to have Sevco back in the top flight by next year..?

It's not just the money (and who knows where that's coming from...) - the players have been told "Never mind the 3rd Div - you'll definitely be playing in the top division by this time next year..."

The whole thing stinks & I agree with the post that said this just spoils the highs of last night...

If that happens I predict a widespread revolt by supporters of all other clubs. The Rangers are currently in 36th place in the league system and the best they can hope for is 33rd, so any restructuring that sees them into the second tier of Scottish Football would have to involve two leagues comprising at least 32 teams. I think such a scenarion is definitely possible, if not likely.

As for Temps, if he actually wants to join that lot then good riddance and good luck trying to get into the Scotland team (which you were surely on the verge of!). Never mind a Jambo, but a self confessed Celtic fan agreeing to join that bunch of cheating scumbags would show an astounding lack of dignity and ambition.

Will say it again Charles Patterson is a w@nk!

Think about it gowser anyone with half a brain has left the rangers! Shit even club foot bailed!

I know he is there having a medical and Sally is trying to convince him to join but he is still under contract at hearts..

No fee agreed = no talks

They are above the law, apparently.

Morgaro Gomis

No fee agreed = no talks

Thats what I thought. I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought unless we accepted a bid, if Rangers spoke to him it would be classed as tapping him up?

Eh? Of course he is and he'd be a bigger legend if he signed a new deal and turned down rangers no?

Eh? You said Dundee on Sunday. That sounds like he would have turned Rangers down, am I right?

:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

Can I just say die, die, Rangers, Rangers, die. It sums up my feeling of the situation. Celtic are pricks but they dont **** Scottish football over like Rangers.

Jamie Hamill?@hamster_86

Oh well looks like the 2 of them r going 2 get it tied up before 12 with a few of their players leaving

Retweet

Favorite

Alwaysinourshadows

STV Jamie: Latest on the Hearts pair at Auchenhowie. No deals done yet, Ryan McGowan unlikely to sign.

loveofthegame

I wouldn't take too much from Charles Patterson's sky report. He knows very little. Making assumptions that Gowser has signed.

As for Hearts allowing Gowser to speak to them without first agreeing a fee - shocking business decision. Says to der Hun, we are desperate, agree terms and then offer us a tiny figure as we are v v willing to sign

Alwaysinourshadows

STV Jamie: Latest on the Hearts pair at Auchenhowie. No deals done yet, Ryan McGowan unlikely to sign.

Jamie Hamill?@hamster_86

Oh well looks like the 2 of them r going 2 get it tied up before 12 with a few of their players leaving

Retweet

Favorite

Jamie Hamill?@hamster_86

Retweet

Favorite

loveofthegame

I wouldn't take too much from Charles Patterson's sky report. He knows very little. Making assumptions that Gowser has signed.

As for Hearts allowing Gowser to speak to them without first agreeing a fee - shocking business decision. Says to der Hun, we are desperate, agree terms and then offer us a tiny figure as we are v v willing to sign

Nicholas Brody

They both done brilliantly at Hearts and ill remember them fondly but they can away and **** off at sevco :)

Jamie hamill on twitter saying both going to sevco

Maybe so.

But he's getting his info off SSN just like us. Haha.

No fee agreed = no talks

If we didn't want to sell we'd stop talks, but since we do Hearts might have driven both players to Murray Park themselves.

loveofthegame

As for Hamill, he is literally sitting at home watching SSN and tweeting whatever they say. The guy is not the brightest!

Thats what I thought. I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought unless we accepted a bid, if Rangers spoke to him it would be classed as tapping him up?

I'd guess that Hearts gave permission, or even advised Ryan to speak to Rangers and at least a rough figure would have been discussed between us and them. The finer details of the deal are probably being decided on right now.

Jamie Hamill?@hamster_86

Retweet

Favorite

Think he is basing that on from what sky sports have said

Well I hope he is

Eh? You said Dundee on Sunday. That sounds like he would have turned Rangers down, am I right?

:rolleyes:

Yes and he'd be a bigger legend for doing so.

Can't get my head round it?? All the good players with a brain have left yet they still turning the heads of our most promising young players!!

I'm resigned to temps going !!

Hope it's true that McGowan has bumped them !!

People on twitter and Facebook saying Temps has taken 10 minutes out to speak to McGowan :arry:

Respect for Dundee United

DUNDEE UTD STATEMENT"Dundee United can confirm we received deadline day bids for both Johnny Russell and Gary Mackay-Steven.

"The offers fell substantially short of our valuation of the players and the bids were rejected.

"The club are delighted that both remain Dundee United players and we can now focus on achieving our aspirations on the pitch."

Morgaro Gomis

I'd guess that Hearts gave permission, or even advised Ryan to speak to Rangers and at least a rough figure would have been discussed between us and them. The finer details of the deal are probably being decided on right now.

Yeah, that makes sense when I think about it. Was just hopelessly clutching at straws.

I could just about deal with Temps leaving, but for both of them to leave... :down:

Archived