The Catchall Rudi "I've still not signed" Skacel Extravaganza Merged Millionth Threads

jambogjh

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing stuff. I'm never believing any transfer rumours again until it's on official hearts site.

Can't believe some comments re rudi's worth. We would have scored more goals and won more points by now if he was with us. Maybe have even got better result v Liverpool, who knows.

He would have put a few thousand on our next few gates, so covered his costs no bother. Short sightedness on the clubs part IMO

legs, aye? who needs 'em? i would have a legless rudi in the team. a rudi equipped with fewer legs than the conventional amount, nae worries.

arise sir rudolf bader-skacel.

oh aye... folk handbagging each other over very little concrete information... the kickback way.

winston churchill

He would have put a few thousand on our next few gates, so covered his costs no bother. Short sightedness on the clubs part IMO

:rolleyes:

Then these people are Skacel fans and not Hearts fans. It must have cost them a fortune to follow him at Southampton and Larissa.

Then these people are Skacel fans and not Hearts fans. It must have cost them a fortune to follow him at Southampton and Larissa.

Good point, however, the fact of life is there`ll always be fair weather supporters who only turn out when there is a league challenge on or we have some exciting players in the team.

I welcome any quality additions to the team because its about improving the chances of success but i do think we`ve now crossed the line into obsession with getting him back.

We`ve never had the mentality at the club of being a one man team, we`ve always moved on to find another way or to find the next hero no matter how long that takes.

Good point, however, the fact of life is there`ll always be fair weather supporters who only turn out when there is a league challenge on or we have some exciting players in the team.

I welcome any quality additions to the team because its about improving the chances of success but i do think we`ve now crossed the line into obsession with getting him back.

We`ve never had the mentality at the club of being a one man team, we`ve always moved on to find another way or to find the next hero no matter how long that takes.

Agree 1 million%, Rudi was a great player for us and one the fans took too because of his goals and attitude to the wee team in particular. He was almost a luxury player at times, his skill level was too high for the SPL but he could not cut it elsewhere.

Yes, I was a great admirer of the man, but as you say it is time to move on, did we ever think The King or Robbo could be replaced?

There will be a successor mark my words! When is the question! :thumbsup:

Agree 1 million%, Rudi was a great player for us and one the fans took too because of his goals and attitude to the wee team in particular. He was almost a luxury player at times, his skill level was too high for the SPL but he could not cut it elsewhere.

Yes, I was a great admirer of the man, but as you say it is time to move on, did we ever think The King or Robbo could be replaced?

There will be a successor mark my words! When is the question! :thumbsup:

They have never been replaced, privileges to see the last 2.. we will be lucky if we see another player of rudis standard over the next 20 years

That is true, but we can not rely on Rudi forever and we have lost better players in the past through transfers and retirement. I would question anyone who will only go to Hearts games if a certain player is playing. As good as he is, he is not Messi or Ronaldo. I would possibly pay to watch them, but not Rudi. I would and do pay to watch Hearts though.

I still would love him to re-sign though.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Someone actually thinks we'd add a few thousand on to our attendances just by re-signing one player? :lol:

Sorry, but come on now. What's our average home gate so far this season compared to last season? I'd wager there's not a 'few thousand' in it.

Disappointing that he's not looking like re-signing but never expected him to.

That's not the point I was making. What kind of season would we have had without his 18 goals last season? Would we have finished 5th? Won the cup? Qualified for Europe with 2 money spinning games v Liverpool? I don't think we would have. Look at the impact Beattie made last season?!

A guy with his talent can make a big difference. Like it or not, more people will come to the games if we're having a decent season, watching entertaining players etc but languishing in bottom half of league, struggling to score goals will see our attendances drop.

You've got to speculate to accumulate sometimes

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You can't replace that kind of brain and quality, on one leg he is better than most. Depends which day you watch the defence, some days Webster some days Zal on the subplot

You can't replace that kind of brain and quality, on one leg he is better than most. Depends which day you watch the defence, some days Webster some days Zal on the subplot

correct. amazingly some people still can't seem to grasp that skacel is a rare type of player that becomes available to a club like hearts who is a bona fide irreplaceable player. hearts can never expect to replace his goal scoring rate. he was playing a more striker-esque role of late but essentially he's a midfielder. hearts will never get anywhere near replacing his goals from an essentially midfield area.

that is a basic truth that would otherwise have determined that hearts would never allow skacel to leave while there was a reasonable chance of him staying. but hearts are a bit different to the norm... not sure if anyone else has noticed.

They have never been replaced, privileges to see the last 2.. we will be lucky if we see another player of rudis standard over the next 20 years

Saw all three mate, plus many more, Conn, Wardhaugh,Mackay,Cumming, Young, Willie Hamilton, Willie Wallace, Roald Jensen et al. They were all great players in their own right, but like it or not great players move on and are replaced, perhaps not with other greats but new players do get a chance at Hearts.

Whilst I rated Rudi he was not in the same league as some of those mentioned! Last season he shone as he was the one scoring goals.

Look back to 2006, he was one of a number of quality players, but he only produced the goods for half a season. Time to move on, other players, given the chance, will develop into our new legends!

correct. amazingly some people still can't seem to grasp that skacel is a rare type of player that becomes available to a club like hearts who is a bona fide irreplaceable player. hearts can never expect to replace his goal scoring rate. he was playing a more striker-esque role of late but essentially he's a midfielder. hearts will never get anywhere near replacing his goals from an essentially midfield area.

that is a basic truth that would otherwise have determined that hearts would never allow skacel to leave while there was a reasonable chance of him staying. but hearts are a bit different to the norm... not sure if anyone else has noticed.

who`s not grasping it? Skacel`s ability is undoubtedly nothing but a benefit to Hearts...The ability to score from long range, quick brain etc.....the point is you have to sometimes move on...

And its also a bit dramatic to say we`ll never replace his ability. Maybe not right away but certainly in the future.....as said, we have done before.

Had you heard of Skacel before we got him in 2005? There`ll be others in future, possibly.

who`s not grasping it? Skacel`s ability is undoubtedly nothing but a benefit to Hearts...The ability to score from long range, quick brain etc.....the point is you have to sometimes move on...

And its also a bit dramatic to say we`ll never replace his ability. Maybe not right away but certainly in the future.....as said, we have done before.

Had you heard of Skacel before we got him in 2005? There`ll be others in future, possibly.

Did he not play left back for Marseilles? :whistling:

i specifically mentioned his goals. i didn't even mention ability.

hearts will be extremely lucky to ever replicate skacel's goal scoring rate in a midfield player. all open play / free kick goals as well. no penalties to augment the goals totals. 18 goals last season, aye?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

True he can't go on forever, worryingly anyone else with a semblance of talent have also gone in one fell swoop. Left clinging to hope now, raw untried youngsters can fit heroes boots

i specifically mentioned his goals. i didn't even mention ability.

hearts will be extremely lucky to ever replicate skacel's goal scoring rate in a midfield player. all open play / free kick goals as well. no penalties to augment the goals totals. 18 goals last season, aye?

Not arguing with anything you are saying bar a replacement or another way to success, there`s more than one and more than relying on one player.

Did Hartley not match Rudi`s goals in his first spell?

Not arguing with anything you are saying bar a replacement or another way to success, there`s more than one and more than relying on one player.

Did Hartley not match Rudi`s goals in his first spell?

not when you subtract the penalties.

hearts are insane to allow skacel to leave. if possible he should have been groomed for coaching duties as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

not when you subtract the penalties.

hearts are insane to allow skacel to leave. if possible he should have been groomed for coaching duties as well.

I have pondered Debuts point before but. I reckon he offers so much more to the club and hope to the fans this is a crushing blow to morale. Idols are few and far between. 2 full seasons completed 2 cups collected. Surely no coincidence? So we don't have him for a full season this time, but his influence on others alone makes him a worthwhile investment.

True he can't go on forever, worryingly anyone else with a semblance of talent have also gone in one fell swoop. Left clinging to hope now, raw untried youngsters can fit heroes boots

Do you remember the Wallace Mercer era, raw talent such as Robbo, Mackay, Levien came through, with help of experienced pro's like, Alex MacDonald, Sandy Jardine et al.

Like it or not that is the position we have now! The youngsters plus the back 5 who lifted the cup last season plus one or two other experienced players. Get used to it! They need our support!

I have pondered Debuts point before but. I reckon he offers so much more to the club and hope to the fans this is a crushing blow to morale. Idols are few and far between. 2 full seasons completed 2 cups collected. Surely no coincidence? So we don't have him for a full season this time, but his influence on others alone makes him a worthwhile investment.

without a doubt.

skacel is an ideal candidate for a coaching capacity, of some sort. he has a great deal to pass on to other players about shooting ability, awareness, balance, poise, finding space, movement, etc etc.

player/coach. bish-bash-bosh. but alas probably not likely now.

Craig Wilson?@Real_C_Wilson

The Rudi Skacel deal was always going to be dependent on Vladimir Romanov. He's had his say and it's off.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do you remember the Wallace Mercer era, raw talent such as Robbo, Mackay, Levien came through, with help of experienced pro's like, Alex MacDonald, Sandy Jardine et al.

Like it or not that is the position we have now! The youngsters plus the back 5 who lifted the cup last season plus one or two other experienced players. Get used to it! They need our support!

They have my support, no doubts there. Sadly many won't which is a pity. Taouil seems to be developing into this years boo boy, so he may become the youngsters saviour

Nah, I've given up hope mate. If it was going to happen it would have by now. The longer it drags on the more I don't think it will happen.

There's no way he would be match fit either.

I think either McGlynn has spent a lot of the budget on Stevo, which long term could be a good deal or we're not interested in bringing him back.

This seems more likely the case. And agree it were to happen we would have heard by now.

This seems more likely the case. And agree it were to happen we would have heard by now.

Was talking to a mate and he asked me where will skacel end up i said not wa us wonder what thoughts of jkb s r

The Rudi Skacel deal was always going to be dependent on Vladimir Romanov. He's had his say and it's off.

what i don't get maybe in hindsight but both Rudi and Sergio turn down offers , so we have been told , now both are now unemployed and earning zilch, maybe the odd TV but nothing like the salary probably offered. and if they had acepted the reduced salary the short fall that they have encorred by nobody signing them, shurly that would have made the difference to their monthly wage that they would be getting now. say they were offered ten grand a year less that would certinly have been made by now as they are probabaly very close to losing that kind of money by not working, unless of course thay are painters and have a few homers on the side.......

Out of interest who is Craig Wilson and why would he know about any potential deal?

Out of interest who is Craig Wilson and why would he know about any potential deal?

He is a bit like the real slim shady. :gangsta:

Even though I'd not given up hope, I wish people would let te thread die a death until something concrete surfaced or some new info!

Now that hearts have Paid the outstanding wages I'd hope that Rudi puts pen to paper ASAP.

When did they do that my good man?

Even though I'd not given up hope, I wish people would let te thread die a death until something concrete surfaced or some new info!

All the. Ikn boys have went pretty quiet I suspect this topic will fade pity

Lord Beni of Gorgie

what i don't get maybe in hindsight but both Rudi and Sergio turn down offers , so we have been told , now both are now unemployed and earning zilch, maybe the odd TV but nothing like the salary probably offered. and if they had acepted the reduced salary the short fall that they have encorred by nobody signing them, shurly that would have made the difference to their monthly wage that they would be getting now. say they were offered ten grand a year less that would certinly have been made by now as they are probabaly very close to losing that kind of money by not working, unless of course thay are painters and have a few homers on the side.......

The principle and the belief of most people, they are worth more. Not many people accept new contracts for less. In hindsight they may agree it was better to deal.

Can someone please close this thread? I check this for Hearts related news more than the official website, so whenever I see this thread near the top of the board I can hardly contain my excitement, only to be faced with bad news.

D

Can someone please close this thread? I check this for Hearts related news more than the official website, so whenever I see this thread near the top of the board I can hardly contain my excitement, only to be faced with bad news.

I think it is worth keeping this thread a little longer the wages being paid today at least gives up an idea that things are going on at. If club that we dont know about lets remain patient if could still re sign

D I think it is worth keeping this thread a little longer the wages being paid today at least gives up an idea that things are going on at. If club that we dont know about lets remain patient if could still re sign

McGlynn said on Hearts tv today nobody else will be coming in. :(

Is he no Scotts nephew? Could be a coincidence.

McGlynn said on Hearts tv today nobody else will be coming in. :(

Obviously been told straight then as it was mere days ago he was talking about still getting a striker!

Archived