Gregg Wallace

weststand93

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mahgrassyshoes

Hardly, mate !

Evening News today :

"HEARTS fans are making a bizarre bid to convince Masterchef judge Gregg Wallace to attend the final.

The celebrity greengrocer has become a cult hero on a prominent Jambos fans? forum, mainly due to pictures of Wallace?s gurning face becoming commonplace in posts on the website.

That spawned rumours that the 47-year-old was a closet Hearts fan, despite being a life-long Millwall supporter.

Wallace has been bombarded with messages on Twitter, encouraging him to attend the showpiece.

One fan tweeted: ?What?s better than cup final day? Cup final day with Gregg Wallace.?

Despite being evidently confused by his hero status, Wallace appears to be considering the trip.

He tweeted yesterday: ?Looking into it, I have contacted the club.?

A Hearts club source joked: ?With the crowd expected, I hope he has enough loyalty points.?"

I was talking about what Gregg Wallace posted on twitter. The exact tweet was posted after my comment. His PA has tried to call Hearts and Hearts haven't replied according to Wallace. thumbsup.gif

EdinburghLivi

Maybe a long shot, but would someone with enough loyalty points who can't make the game be willing to get him a ticket? Gets him in with the fans that way and avoids all the problems with trying to get in touch with the club etc.

Could you imagine turning round and seeing :greggy: sitting down next to you? Would make my year, if not, decade :lol:

Just sent this to Claire:

Good afternoon Claire,

I hope you are well?

I?m not sure if this would fall under your remit within Hearts...but as you?re the club PR Manager, I thought it would be appropriate to contact you in the first instance.

I?m sure you are probably aware of this already, as it?s a story that has now achieved national news coverage in Scotland...but Hearts fans (primarily supporters that use Jambos Kickback), have contacted Masterchef host Gregg Wallace to invite him to the Cup Final on May 19th.

Please see the links below:

http://sport.stv.tv/...ne-hearts-fans/

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/family-celebrate-alex-s-key-role-in-securing-1896-cup-victory-1-2242628

Essentially, the supporters on Jambos Kickback have adopted Gregg because of his iconic smile...which we use to portray as an image of smugness and self satisfaction, normally after another routine victory against our neighbours across the city.

To our surprise, Gregg has graciously accepted the invite to attend the Cup Final, to the point now where his PA Heidi Wallace has contacted the club to discuss possible arrangements.

As Club PR Manager, would this be of interest to yourself to present as a request internally at Hearts...or to arrange for the applicable colleague to get back in touch with Heidi?

I?m sure this would also present a wonderful opportunity for a feel good article for the Hearts Website, particularly with the build up to the Cup Final already underway.

If you could please let me know your thoughts, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

I was talking about what Gregg Wallace posted on twitter. The exact tweet was posted after my comment. His PA has tried to call Hearts and Hearts haven't replied according to Wallace. thumbsup.gif

I know, I know - but there is a big difference between "won't return" and "hasn't (yet, by implication) returned"

S'all I'm saying - you may not have meant to imply anything.

We Should get maroon t-shirts with greggs puss on the front with the strap line 'finals dont come easier than this John!'

HAHAHAHA!

You won't believe this...Claire just rang me back (that's what work email signatures will get you on emails!).

She had been in a meeting, but was blown away upon her return to see all the tweets she has so far!

She has also been emailed directly by Heidi Wallace, and is going to drop her an email back now.

She did confirm that she is most definitely the correct person for this, and agreed it would make a great story for the club website.

This one is now gathering pace BIGTIME!

Expect a Greggy story on the club website soon methinks...

Forgot to say...she thought I might have Gregg's number...had to let her down. :lol:

Ryan Jarman

HAHAHAHA!

You won't believe this...Claire just rang me back (that's what work email signatures will get you on emails!).

She had been in a meeting, but was blown away upon her return to see all the tweets she has so far!

She has also been emailed directly by Heidi Wallace, and is going to drop her an email back now.

She did confirm that she is most definitely the correct person for this, and agreed it would make a great story for the club website.

This stone has gathered no moss, keep it rolling!!

:yas: :greggy:

18Jambo_dave74

HAHAHAHA!

Forgot to say...she thought I might have Gregg's number...had to let her down. :lol:

:greggy:

Awesome work chaps!

Time for a Cup Final T-shirt? We had the Captain Fantastic shirt for the 2006 final, how about 'the Gregg' for 2012?

Quick mock-up (with obvious missing 'e' oops):

greggteev1.jpg

HAHAHAHA!

There are not enough Greggys in the world for this!

Dean Winchester

Awesome work chaps!

Time for a Cup Final T-shirt? We had the Captain Fantastic shirt for the 2006 final, how about 'the Gregg' for 2012?

greggteev1.jpg

I want it :lol:

Can you imagine the anxious silence around the Hearts end at Hampden as Greggy takes the first bite out of his half time pie? The seconds tick by and then...Greggy noddingly approves...the Hearts end absolutely erupts!

Dean Winchester

Heart of Midlothian ? @JamTarts Reply Retweet Favorite ? Open

For everyone asking, we've received an e-mail from @GreggAWallace's PA. We've called back and left a message...

It's happening.

Riddley Walker

Awesome work chaps!

greggteev1.jpg

I want this.

Great Work!

Looks like Greggy's going to Hampden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riddley Walker

Can you imagine the anxious silence around the Hearts end at Hampden as Greggy takes the first bite out of his half time pie? The seconds tick by and then...Greggy noddingly approves...the Hearts end absolutely erupts!

:lol:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

HAHAHAHA!

:lol:

pm the poster on here called Borthers who appears to have a private line to Mr Wallace.

Guest Prince William

Could you imagine turning round and seeing :greggy: sitting down next to you? Would make my year, if not, decade :lol:

:rofl:

HAHAHAHA!

Amazing scenes :greggy:

Can we rope off the backroom of the Diggers for 'an evening with Greggy' on the night of the final plz.

Gene Parmesan

Can we rope off the backroom of the Diggers for 'an evening with Greggy' on the night of the final plz.

Paper plate of stovies and a Tunnocks caramel wafer.

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

HAHAHAHA!

:greggy: :greggy: :greggy:

:laugh:

I freaking love Kickback sometimes. I really really do.

Just brilliant.

:laugh:

I freaking love Kickback sometimes. I really really do.

Just brilliant.

Has anyone told Real Radio football phone-in/BBC Sportsound about it yet?

C'mon - don't spoil things ...

We need to make sure that Hampden's food selection is changed to suit Gregg's palate.

He has high standards, you know.

This is tremendous.

Well done those who contacted the club.

It's happening and with plenty of time to organise meet up's etc with the Hearts fans.

Outstanding.

Awesome work chaps!

greggteev1.jpg

Would it not be better/more visible with Greggy's face in white?

Incidentally, I had a dream last night that Greggy was on the team bus as the cup was paraded down Gorgie Road, after a glorius, champagne victory. Everyone was in a proper party mood, and Greg was really getting in the swing of things - he was downing litres of Jagerbombs from the Scottish Cup with that smug grin of his, met with cries of delight from the watching Hearts support.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens now, the way this story is going...

Just waiting for Hearts PR woman to get back saying he has demanded a substantial appearance fee.

Gregge wouldn't do that to us. Would he?

I have literally done no work this week because of this "Campaign" Thank **** it's a family run business

:lol::lol::lol:

Gregg is due a few pints after his 5 figure donation to Save Our Hearts. He never even asked for the money back, so I'm told. :)

Hearts twitter have said they have left a message with his pa.

What's his dad got to do with it, are we inviting him as well. There will be no tickets left for the rest of us at this rate. :whistling:

What's his dad got to do with it, are we inviting him as well. There will be no tickets left for the rest of us at this rate. :whistling:

Genuinely thought you were being serious for a minute their, was about to come on spouting all sorts. laugh.gif

Just seen @TheReal_Romanov tweet to @Eminem.

Do you think we could get Eminem to come as well ??? woot.gif

Archived