The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Looks like Doncaster has not been acting with the "Utmost Good Faith". Those in charge of Scottish Football these days are nothing but a parcel of rogues.

Suddenly the Top Ten SPL, the one that was a must to save Scottish Football, the one that was the only option open to us despite 90odd% of fans rejecting it in favour of an extended league, the one that was the only way to get SKY to pay for our product must look a wee bit less appealing if the worst was to happen to Rangers... Now we are hearing that the TV deal does not necessarily hinge on the 4OFGs... Will we now see the possibility of only two senior leagues in Scotland with more teams in each of them being discussed seriously again if it would allow a new Rangers re-entry back to the top after only one season?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Doncaster then Walter Smith on Talksport in bout 20 minutes

It will be all PR and promises of thorough investigations, while playing up the importance of RFC to all of us. Talk Sport is pish. :thumbsup:

Jambo in Bathgate

In another twist to the payment to Dunfermline, it appears that sanctions were about to be taken against RFC if they din't pay the Pars yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9123816/Rangers-face-being-stripped-of-honours-as-SPL-investigates-player-payments.html

This comment is buried in the above article.

Rangers were minutes away from being penalised by the SPL yesterday, administrators Duff and Phelps agreeing to pay Dunfermline part of the ?84,000 owed to them for tickets for last month?s match at East End Park just before the meeting which would have decided on the appropriate punishment for welshing on that debt. The remainder of the money must be paid by April 13. ?We learned, just prior to the meeting starting, that the administrators had agreed with Dunfermline payment for the outstanding money so our action, relating to Rangers, went away,? said Doncaster

I wonder if the SFA will impose a similar deadline on RFC to pay Dundee Utd for the share of the gate from the Scottish Cup tie.

John Yorkston also seems to be backtracking on what he said about a newco RFC having to start in Division 3. (He said it before news of the settlement came out)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/06/dunfermline-chairman-john-yorkston-denies-he-called-for-rangers-to-be-demoted-86908-23776757/

Heard Doncaster say that on the radio last night. Seems like hush money to me and avoids further sanctions. When can we complain about our ?1M outstanding for Wallace?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Heard Doncaster say that on the radio last night. Seems like hush money to me and avoids further sanctions. When can we complain about our ?1M outstanding for Wallace?

When it becomes outstanding... June or July I think.

Will we now see the possibility of only two senior leagues in Scotland with more teams in each of them being discussed seriously again if it would allow a new Rangers re-entry back to the top after only one season?

I agree with your point, but I don't think it'll happen next year. I'm sure after previous league "reconstructions" were used to save Aberdeen, the rules were altered. I'm sure that if the descision is made to alter the league (which I would actually support) it cannot happen the following season, but the one after that....:unsure:

WeeToonJambo

Sorry......

I must have missed the bit where VR said that Rangers were making illegal payments to players.

He didn't and he didn't need to. He spoke about a "mafia", "a group regarded as exerting a hidden sinister influence" and has been proven to be totally correct. I have no doubt that he knew what was going on at Rangers but we shouldn't expect him to have come right out and said it. He suffered enough ridicule, by yourself as well as others, and the truth has come out eventually anyway.

He didn't and he didn't need to. He spoke about a "mafia", "a group regarded as exerting a hidden sinister influence" and has been proven to be totally correct. I have no doubt that he knew what was going on at Rangers but we shouldn't expect him to have come right out and said it. He suffered enough ridicule, by yourself as well as others, and the truth has come out eventually anyway.

I Suspect there is more to come out the woodwork.

Have I read the statements wrong today? I read it as the TV deal is NOT dependent on x4 OF matches like we were all told it was. I am reading it as if this was said to try and edge us all towards the ten team SPL but now that Rangers might actually be goosed and not be in any top half of a top league next season, there is a certain amount of revisionism and finer detail coming out which was not offered to the 90% of fans who were against this idea first time round.

I might have missed some details or another report on this at some point but from the above statement and what I read in the Metro this morning it seems as though their bluff was called on the 4OFGs thanks to the Hun-plight and now Doncaster is having to re-package his opinion somewhat by admitting that we probably will get a TV deal afterall.

Do the words corrupt Scottish football spring to mind.

We seem to have been told lots of lies.

But as long as it suits the old firm. :verymad:

The Old Tolbooth

I wonder if we'll get any decisions today or if we'll see another delay as the players move the goalposts again.

It's staggering that the Rangers players are actually trying to negotiate a deal and dictate to the administrators, I've honestly never heard of that before and don't remember them being so soft with Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna, and Livingston.

And Lockerbie, was it not done my some Ally McGrachie :huh:

:rofl:

Clerry Jambo

Haha delibirately obtuse as ever. you're one that ridiculed vlads mafia chat, care to apologise to our glorious leader that you got it wrong?

Surely this means our glorious leader should receive a Rebate on all his fines :rolleyes:

Walter Smith on Talksport "Rangers are not in this position because they couldn't pay the bills, Rangers are in this position because they refused to pay the bills for some reason"

Walter Smith on Talksport "Rangers are not in this position because they couldn't pay the bills, Rangers are in this position because they refused to pay the bills for some reason"

Oh well, that's okay then :thumbsup:

Imeantasong

Surely this means our glorious leader should receive a Rebate on all his fines :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he's watching developments.

I don't know if he's capable of shutting up, but with Celtic's AGM comments and action resulting in removal of officials (and our similar case in the Ayr game not getting anything other than a manager's suspension), he might very well be keeping tight lipped until the full extent comes out and is proved.

Would love it.

Chad Sexington

Mr Romanov must be sitting back, in his magnificent lounge room, with a face not unlike this...

:greggy:

Fermit the Krog

A thread on followfollow has been started by someone who other users of that site claim as being 'in the know'.

The thread title is named 'CVA being discussed' and this is his post on the subject...

True Blue

Default CVA being discussed

HMRC and Administrastors in discussions for a CVA to be set up in settlement.

Liquidation looking less likely than ever

There have been 11 pages of posts on the subject since 8am and the locals seem fairly happy with what was posted and who posted it.

Looks like Doncaster has not been acting with the "Utmost Good Faith". Those in charge of Scottish Football these days are nothing but a parcel of rogues.

So far both the SPL and the SFA look to be at least partially culpable in some form for this shambles, but the SFL haven't been dragged into it.

If the SPL investigations find that Rangers were in breech of their respective rules of association in 1998, when the league was formed, will the SFL investigate what may have happened before then?

They, and their member clubs, may be happy at the possibility of Rangers being "theirs" for a few seasons, but less happy at how it's come about. Might they want to take action and investigate Der Hun, perhaps with a view to imposing penalties / sanctions to try to keep them for a wee bit longer?

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

A thread on followfollow has been started by someone who other users of that site claim as being 'in the know'.

The thread title is named 'CVA being discussed' and this is his post on the subject...

True Blue

There have been 11 pages of posts on the subject since 8am and the locals seem fairly happy with what was posted and who posted it.

How can the terms of a CVA be determined before the big tax case is decided ? Beats me . . . .

The Old Tolbooth

True Blue

And then they lose the tax case, "snookered" is what they call it in a Riley's Club :D

I'm guessing the BIG tax case hasn't been decided yet? How can they let Rangers off with that? Absolutely shocking if they do..

That Rangers media is the scummiest website in the whole of the internet.

Read a thread last night posted by a guy who says Rangers should use this as an opportunity to promise to the SPL that they will do more to flush out bigotry and bring the "good name" of Rangers into the 21sr century and was completely hounded out being called a fenian bassa etc.

They are on a completely different wavelength to anything else I've ever read. Scum of the earth.

How can the terms of a CVA be determined before the big tax case is decided ? Beats me . . . .

It will be a CVA with regards to the ?15 million odd they are due. The 'wee tax case'.

BBC Chris McLaughlin: My understanding is #Rangers administrators have turned down players proposal.

The Old Tolbooth

I think the CVA would only be for the outstanding tax money which they haven't paid since Whyte took over, I can't possibly see how they can include the big tax case money in this when there hasn't been a ruling on it yet.

Just announced on Radio Scotland - deferment requests by the players has been kicked out.

Players will be made redundant today.

Players can influence things - they have an option to take cuts, if they dont then it will be more than 11 players leaving today.

Who do you think will be made redundant today then if it goes ahead?

Hoping McGregor will get the boot, hate the guy. Would love to see him do a Ratboy and **** off to China so we never have to see his face again.

BBC Chris McLaughlin: Players told by #Rangers administrators that if wage cuts cant be agreed, redundancy figures could go beyond 11.

Fermit the Krog

And then they lose the tax case, "snookered" is what they call it in a Riley's Club :D

The suggestion from others (inbetween childish and bigotted nonsense, that I'd rather not be reading tbh) seems to suggest that the admin are trying to do a deal with HMRC with the BTC included and on the proviso that Whyte is nowhere near the club.

That makes little sense but nobody has really questioned the OP and are just happy to take him at his word. It would appear he has been correct (ITK) before with regards Whyte and his takeover so I'd question what his agenda is.....

Anyway, just letting it be known.

jamboinglasgow

First one is gone - Gregg Wylde. Shame, would have thought he would be on a small enough wage and would have done well with a run in the team.

Alison Robbie ? @AlisonRobbie

#Rangers redundancies begin - Gregg Wylde has been released

Hagar the Horrible

For a CVA to be reached somebody must come in and buy the club, they need to pay off some part of the debts and reach agreement with the creditors, and the tax man is not going to accept 1p less than the total he is owed for the current tax case, The small tax case is about 4.5m he might deal with that, but the BTC between 49 and 75m even with a deal of 10p in the ? its still as big as ?7.5m

With every thing else on the go including the ticketus deal, an investor will need about ?50m just to start from scratch, then he will need working capital and on top of that investment capital so thats another ?25. so the best part of ?75m is needed that will be written off with immmediate effect unless they dump that full amount onto Rangers as an asset (debt) in which case they are back where they started.

Southside shug has been ITK but i think his snippets are being spoon fed to try and keep the punters in a positive mood before the plug is just pulled.

First one is gone - Gregg Wylde. Shame, would have thought he would be on a small enough wage and would have done well with a run in the team.

Thought he'd be the type they'd keep on. I'd imagine he is in the lower end of the wage scale and has potential for a decent sell on fee.

rossthejambo

Looked a good prospect a while ago.

@BBCchrismclaug: Players told by #Rangers administrators that if wage cuts cant be agreed, redundancy figures could go beyond 11.

Looked a good prospect a while ago.

Agreed, think he might go to a bottom Championship side

True Blue

I dunno how a CVA could even be proposed until they have clarified CW's 'preferred creditor' status, unless they have already made the decision that he's not due a penny, which I would have thought would have been 'news'. I would also expect a legal challenge from him on any decision like this. :unsure:

jamboinglasgow

Thought he'd be the type they'd keep on. I'd imagine he is in the lower end of the wage scale and has potential for a decent sell on fee.

Thats my thinking as well.

Journalists are now saying that if no wage cuts are agreed by the players then there will be more then 11 players made redundant. They have 27 players in their first team at the moment (I am including McCabe and Wylde in that) so cutting 11 players leaves them with not enough players to fill a matchday squad, cutting more will have an even more drastic effect.

True Blue

They may well reach an agreement with HMRC regarding the 'small tax case' - ?15m. Its what the HMRC want. They don't want Rankgers to liquidate as they would never then get the money due.

They won't get a pence in the pound deal as HMRC don't/can't do that. They will get an agreement to pay the sum over a certain period (next 5 years?). This won't help Rankgers in the long term. Only the short term which is what the administrators are concerned with.

Then along will come the 'Big Tax Case' and all this will be irrelevant.

If they make a deal with on that one they'll be paying it off over decades! In division 3!

That's all providing they are not chucked out the league altogether due to double contracts and cheating over a 15 year period.

True Blue can dream on.

Hagar the Horrible

He might prosper with another team,

Will any end up at Hearts????? at least till the end of the season????

He might prosper with another team,

Will any end up at Hearts????? at least till the end of the season????

Wouldn't mind Wylde at Hearts tbh, think he'll get a club down south though

Rudolf's Mate

Is this going to be a case of some of the so called lesser players being emptied then all of a sudden a deal is struck with the remaining players :down:

If this happens it's been engineered!

Two points....

I thought they would have kept Wylde on

&

Alison Robbie looks quite fit judging by her twitter account.

Edited by K1874M

jamboinglasgow

Keith Downie ? @STVkeith

Rangers players WILL NOT accept wage cuts if even one player is made redundant. They have made that clear.

Looks like there will be more cuts today at Murray park then in a slasher film.

Keith Downie ? @STVkeith

Rangers players WILL NOT accept wage cuts if even one player is made redundant. They have made that clear.

Looks like there will be more cuts today at Murray park then in a slasher film.

Love it. Why do the Rangers players think they can dictate terms with Administrators?

Rick Grimes

It begins?

Yay!! Only down side is I'm at work and its frowned upon to whip the wee felly out in excitement. :)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic