The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

If your looking for a laugh, sit back relax and have a look at this site, 100% Comedy gold .... http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1

They are more deluded than the tramps from Leith. :cornette:

Some superb quotes on there about being free to join the English leagues... except that they forget the "franchise" loop hole has been closed and they wouldn't get into any other league.

From the conversation i had yesterday, club chairmen are going to have a hell of a job returning der Hun back into the SFL let alone the SPL.

I know for a fact that certain 'sympathetic clubs' are now, for the first time, seriously examining the possibility of a SPL without Rangers and how they can balance the books without the 3,000 knuckledraggers twice a season. Apparently this eventuality had not hitherto crossed their minds.

This pleases me no end. :smug:

Staggering. 3-3500 fans twice a year? I think anyone with any financial nous ought to be able to plan their way around that. What do these guys do when it comes to budgeting for cup games, for example? Do they assume they're going to get papped out of both cups at the first time of asking?

It's just so limited and limiting. The same dross, the same season-long dead rubber in perpetuity all because you can't do without the bluenoses. Truly, the people that run football clubs in Scotland are dullards.

Imeantasong

Some superb quotes on there about being free to join the English leagues... except that they forget the "franchise" loop hole has been closed and they wouldn't get into any other league.

Aye, and a tainted bunch of cheats who don't pay their tax being allowed into a country who are probably peed off listening to us about wanting to break away from them.

Even Sky would be hard pushed to justify that one.

Hadn't put it past Celtic going down a 'no competition up here' route following this, but just don't think it'd be allowed.

Staggering. 3-3500 fans twice a year? I think anyone with any financial nous ought to be able to plan their way around that. What do these guys do when it comes to budgeting for cup games, for example? Do they assume they're going to get papped out of both cups at the first time of asking?

It's just so limited and limiting. The same dross, the same season-long dead rubber in perpetuity all because you can't do without the bluenoses. Truly, the people that run football clubs in Scotland are dullards.

Some people, visionaries, can see beyond this. They were always aware that scottish football was a sham geared towards retaining the status quo.

Imeantasong

The other thing is, away ends aren't as huge as they used to be. Tynie used to get about 10-11,000 of the weedge into the Gorgie end.

If we were competing, we'd be filling away ends, so no real loss.

Aberdeen also with their 10,000 away fans. Hibs too, if they ever could compete.

Edited by Imeantasong

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Less 6,000 Rangers fans = about ?150,000 in lost revenue. However the team that comes up will offset it slightly, plus you can expect a bigger crowd from your closer rivals if second place is up for grabs,

I propose a great big ***king party at every game to raise up those funds for every team. Say we entertain an average of 900 away fans for every game at Tynecastle (less hibs), that is 16,200 fans coming along.

If every one of them spends ?9.25 (?3 on the bouncy castle, ?2.25 to throw a pie at a Rangers fan, ?4 to get your picture taken with one of the cups Rangers robbed off Scottish football between 1988 and 2012) then that's your deficit sorted.

That's before you consider the implications of Sky abandoning the SPL, which they surely will if Rangers go bust

Less 6,000 Rangers fans = about ?150,000 in lost revenue. However the team that comes up will offset it slightly, plus you can expect a bigger crowd from your closer rivals if second place is up for grabs,

I propose a great big ***king party at every game to raise up those funds for every team. Say we entertain an average of 900 away fans for every game at Tynecastle (less hibs), that is 16,200 fans coming along.

If every one of them spends ?9.25 (?3 on the bouncy castle, ?2.25 to throw a pie at a Rangers fan, ?4 to get your picture taken with one of the cups Rangers robbed off Scottish football between 1988 and 2012) then that's your deficit sorted.

What about the extra stewarding that they must need when 3000 drunken orcs come to town?

The Mighty Thor

I couldn't agree more.

Mind you when you pause to think about the various club owners/chairmen in the SPL then the mentality becomes understandable.

Brown at St Johnstone? An arsehole of the highest order as the nonsense of last years cup game proved.

Boyle at Motherwell? He could maybe give whytey boy tips on the bumping of creditors

The Tache? where to start?

The lack of vision from top to bottom in Scottish Football is mesmeric.

That's before you consider the implications of Sky abandoning the SPL, which they surely will if Rangers go bust

I don't think they will. They may try and sort out a new package, but they won't bin it completely as ESPN would be likely to take up the games they drop.

I couldn't agree more.

Mind you when you pause to think about the various club owners/chairmen in the SPL then the mentality becomes understandable.

Brown at St Johnstone? An arsehole of the highest order as the nonsense of last years cup game proved.

Boyle at Motherwell? He could maybe give whytey boy tips on the bumping of creditors

The Tache? where to start?

The lack of vision from top to bottom in Scottish Football is mesmeric.

The other thing they all have in common is that they are all minted and know how to keep hold of it.

:D

Hibs are selling tickets already. :ninja:

jambos are go!

sorry if posted already but did the press, fans,SPL,SFA or shareholders not notice any discrepancy in the tax & NI figures in the Annual accounts compared to that one would reasonably expect compared to a similar club.

Some people, visionaries, can see beyond this. They were always aware that scottish football was a sham geared towards retaining the status quo.

There may be some of them around. Some of them may have been arguing - articulately, coherently - for change in the Scottish game for many years now. Many of them on Kickback.

But I won't be buying a ticket for the particular bus I think you're on.

h-e-a-r-t-s

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug

No decision re #Rangers cuts tonight. Players have asked for delay until tomorrow.

joke

Imeantasong

No decision re #Rangers cuts tonight. Players have asked for delay until tomorrow.

joke

There's a surprise

jamboinglasgow

With all that has happened today, you wont be surprised to hear the decision on redundancies/wage cuts has been delayed for another day.

...a bit disco

In 1992 I was 24.

I'm getting ****ing pished!

:verysmug:

I don't think they will. They may try and sort out a new package, but they won't bin it completely as ESPN would be likely to take up the games they drop.

Keep saying it - SPL TV is the way forward.

Start it off small scale with a TV channel on the official SPL Website then build it up over time.

The costs of starting a channel are horrendous with Sky but Cable and future technologies like IPTV will be cost effective.

Who is in line to pick up some league titles if this does all go pear shaped for Rangers.. I guess what i am asking is are we in line to pick up any titles and even more unlikely are Hibs..

Or is it just Celtic who will now be on 20 in a row or something..

How would it impact previous relegations also? A nice wee lawsuit opportunities for some clubs?

Start it off small scale with a TV channel on the official SPL Website then build it up over time.

The costs of starting a channel are horrendous with Sky but Cable and future technologies like IPTV will be cost effective.

Think this would be a good idea. Tell sky to ram it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I can't remember the full extent of the extensive journalistic investigation following this.

The "17th deal" that the BBC report refers to is said to be under investigation by another government body... I wonder if that is Boumsong and the HMRC investigation in to RFC then? :o

jamboinglasgow

It is a decent idea, yes you may not get as much at first but set the price right and you will get people watching, it may be mainly Scots but it can provide a safety net for the clubs. It can also allow proper coverage of the game, have other programs which highlight parts and creates hype. You could even televise under 20 games (from next season) to showcase young Scottish talent. Even show some lower league games etc.

It may sound a radical idea but it could be the right idea if a Sky deal falls through due to Rangers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It is a decent idea, yes you may not get as much at first but set the price right and you will get people watching, it may be mainly Scots but it can provide a safety net for the clubs. It can also allow proper coverage of the game, have other programs which highlight parts and creates hype. You could even televise under 20 games (from next season) to showcase young Scottish talent. Even show some lower league games etc.

It may sound a radical idea but it could be the right idea if a Sky deal falls through due to Rangers.

That would be excellent. Mysterion and yourself though are clearly far more capable of long term thinking than complete dickheads like Geoff Goon and his peers. :(

What about the extra stewarding that they must need when 3000 drunken orcs come to town?

And the early kick off which impacts hospitality volumes which is always less than a 3pm kickoff. In addition if it is a Sunday, policing and stewarding come at a higher rate, so we need more of them at a higher unit cost.

Edited by Simon Says

Guest GhostHunter

Swings and roundabouts - the policing costs reduced drastically for SPL clubs, however SFL grounds will be bombarded with incoming swine on a weekly basis.

skinnybob72

Don't forget that 3000 orcs isn't a lot in terms of overall attendance at Tynie in a season but for the likes of St Johnstone that's a much larger percentage. They are lucky to attract 3000 of their own fans. So, as sad as it may be, you can see why such clubs will probably vote in Rangers favour when it comes to it.

Don't forget that 3000 orcs isn't a lot in terms of overall attendance at Tynie in a season but for the likes of St Johnstone that's a much larger percentage. They are lucky to attract 3000 of their own fans. So, as sad as it may be, you can see why such clubs will probably vote in Rangers favour when it comes to it.

the tv money is the problem, no the few thousand extra fans once or twice a season. But it is still a complete lack of vision on behalf of clubs. For one thing, without them, each team could insist on an equal share of TV money, thereby hurting Celtic as well.

tartofmidlothian

Mentioned last week. The players want to defer a big chunk of the wages until the end of the season to help the club keep going, but the administrators will be keen to sell to someone else then and they don't want any new owners to be lumbered with a ?1m+ wage bill. They'd rather just pay a few off and be done with it.

Regards the point your making, did anyone else see all this tippy-tappy with Motherwell, Dundee etc? Of course not, it was mass job losses with no payoffs. One rule for the rest of us though, eh?

Problem Officer?

That OP looks like something I've seen on Hibs.net before, entitled "Yams" (:vrface:).

Edited by Problem Officer?

straight from the donkey's mouth of a desperate and deluded hun today...

"everybody just wants to hammer rangers because we've been the dominant club for years and people are jealous. the best thing to do is to wipe the slate clean and change all the rules to stop the same kind of things happening again".

and predictably...

"nothing will happen because all the other clubs will have been 'at it' too and wont want to draw attention to themselves".

so here we have the contents of a hun's heid. the only reason people want to punish rangers for artificially dominating the game for many years is... becuase we're jealous that they have been the dominant team and don't like them.

i just got up from my chair and made a cup of tea.

There was an interesting discussion in the Dgital Spy forums on this before the last TV rights sale - I don't suppose things are that much different now

link: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=33594079&highlight=spl+tv+start+up+costs#post33594079

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Orcs will end up rioting in the streets over this when the verdicts are known. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not only that but how many people illegally stream games? The propensity for doing this would reduce if it was felt that you were directly funding your club and the game rather than Sky's bottom line.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

The Orcs will end up rioting in the streets over this when the verdicts are known. :)

Sadly, I think that is true.

It will make Manchester look like La Tomatina in Valencia.

There may be some of them around. Some of them may have been arguing - articulately, coherently - for change in the Scottish game for many years now. Many of them on Kickback.

But I won't be buying a ticket for the particular bus I think you're on.

I meant Vlad.

Francis Albert

sorry if posted already but did the press, fans,SPL,SFA or shareholders not notice any discrepancy in the tax & NI figures in the Annual accounts compared to that one would reasonably expect compared to a similar club.

A lot of people seem to have been asleep or carefully looking the other way.Rumours of failure to fully disclose players' contracts have been around for months. As soon as the EBT thing surfaced failure to make full disclosure of players' contracts was surely a strong possibility which any competent or mildly curious authority would have had a look at.

Breaking on SSN: Rangers highest earners offer to take 75% pay cut Mid Earners 50% and lower earners 15%....so....something we already knew???

Edited by hughesie27

I know you did.

Sorry, was thrown when you started talking about being articulate and coherent. Not things we often hear about oor Vlad.

Francis Albert

Breaking on SSN: Rangers highest earners offer to take 75% pay cut Mid Earners 50% and lower earners 15%....so....something we already knew???

What we knew was that the players had been offered this deal to avoid redundancies. Is SSN saying they have now accpeted it?

CavySlaveJambo

Yep. Except I thought it was 25%. And only 6 players drop wages by 75%, not sure that is enough.

What we knew was that the players had been offered this deal to avoid redundancies. Is SSN saying they have now accpeted it?

If so, that means no job losses?

jamboinglasgow

The lower earners are taking less of a pay cut (it was 25% earlier) though the bbc says part of the deal players offering is wage deferrals though the administrators have said again that is not acceptable.

CavySlaveJambo

SSN is saying the players are proposing it.

Is this a one month deal until the out come of the btc? Or until tbey gets some money back from whytes lawyers? Not really sorting the matter in hand are they? Ie the tax money!

Sorry, was thrown when you started talking about being articulate and coherent. Not things we often hear about oor Vlad.

Sorry, didn't make my point very clear. But there's a time and place for discussion of our contribution, or lack of it, to constructive proposals for the reform of Scottish football over the last few years, and I don't want to ruin this splendid thread by taking it down that route.

:thumbsup:

i wish jj was my dad

The other thing is, away ends aren't as huge as they used to be. Tynie used to get about 10-11,000 of the weedge into the Gorgie end.

If we were competing, we'd be filling away ends, so no real loss.

Aberdeen also with their 10,000 away fans. Hibs too, if they ever could compete.

I've been making this point from the day CW placed them in administration. :thumbsup:

The balance of power is about to change.

So can we work out how much this will save Rangers roughly then?

If MacGregor is on ?26k a week that reduces to ?6500 a week or ?26k a month. The other high earners will be on less than that but to make it easier for Rangers lets just use these figure for the 5 or so high earners. A saving of ?390k a month.

Lets say a mid earner is on ?14k a week (Alexander)?

This reduces to 7k and if we say there are about 12 players in this area then they will be saving a further ?336k savings per month.

Finally the lower earners would be on maybe ?5k (very generous).

Lets say another 12 players at this level taking just a 15% hit or ?750 a week. This equates to only another ?36k of savings a month.

This brings us to a total saving of ?762000 per month. ?238000 short of the magic million.

And those were with very generous wages.

A poster on the RTC website is saying 'poppygate' scandal will be in the papers tomorrow. could all be a load of cobblers though.

Below is another poster's explanation of what poppygate is allegedly about -

Jean, ?poppygate? surrounds suggestions that CW may have had replica RFC shirts, complete with poppy, produced around the time of Remembrance Day 2011, and had same sold by the RFC superstore outlet, ostensibly to raise significant funds for Erskine and other charities which cater for ex-soldiers, particularly soldiers that saw active service on the streets of Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The ?gate? at issue is whether and to what extent the proceeds of such sales, said to have totalled a pretty tidy sum, were actually remitted to said charities, or whether (no doubt in the interests of accruing a greater sum of interest) they might inadvertently have been put aside in say a law firm?s client account ?for the time being? and just plain forgotten about.

I?m sure any misunderstandings will be put to bed tomorrow

Minnie Dowler moment indeed , if true.

...a bit disco

Once more into the Bears Den my friends...

"I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have absolutely had it with the relentless hate-filled assaults on our club from the small minded Septic-supporing mhedia and all their pals throughout Scottish football.

What have we actually done that's such a crime against football? It seems to me that, at worst, we paid players a bit extra via a tax avoidance scheme that was sold to us by financial experts that were paid to advise us on such matters. We're talking about paperwork and administrative issues here. We've had TEN points deducted, effectively ending our title campaign ffs! What more do these scumbags want?

Let's see how they cope without us - time to pull out all the stops to get into the English league, even if that means starting in the Conference.

**** em all"

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=213021

:rofl:

See ya later then.

Fud.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic