The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

yeah what i heard (possibly from JKB) is that the 3 players are mcgregor, davis and whittaker

Would that not be 3rd party ownership so therefore not allowed? Remember all contracts have to be approved by the SFA

SPL to have their own investigation into the rumours of Rangers 2 contract system.

Doncaster is going to be on SSN soon.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS. MOVE ALONG.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Here was me thinking something would be happening today!

The longer it goes on the more suspicious I get about it all.

Rick Grimes

This double contract scenario could be worse for the Huns than the ?49m tax case. I can't think of a similar example in football and you've got to imagine that UEFA & FIFA will have their say if the SFA isn't seen to absolute hammer Rangers. It goes beyond trying to bend the rules or play clever with loopholes, its blatant, outright cheating.

This is only going to get better & better :)

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this? :lol:

Would that not be 3rd party ownership so therefore not allowed?

Remember all contracts have to be approved by the SFA

That's exactly what was being suggested, making these players ineligible to play, although they have. The suggestion was that this was somehow done without the SFA or the SPL realising it! :blink:

This double contract scenario could be worse for the Huns than the ?49m tax case. I can't think of a similar example in football and you've got to imagine that UEFA & FIFA will have their say if the SFA isn't seen to absolute hammer Rangers. It goes beyond trying to bend the rules or play clever with loopholes, its blatant, outright cheating.

This is only going to get better & better :)

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this? :lol:

IF , and I emphasise IF, this is true then Rangers can forget about administration or liquidation being the worst case scenario because the dual contracts issue should see them expelled from the league. If a mickey mouse club can be kicked out of the cup for fielding one measly ineligible player then only the most draconian of punishments is appropriate IMO in this case. Again , if proved to be true.

Losing the tax case and being liquidated alone would have been small fry compared to this.

This, if proven, is the sort of thing that gets titles stripped.

No more Rangers FC either way. It's happening and is inescapable now.

Stop posting such wonderful comments! :thumbsup:

IF , and I emphasise IF, this is true then Rangers can forget about administration or liquidation being the worst case scenario because the dual contracts issue should see them expelled from the league. If a mickey mouse club can be kicked out of the cup for fielding one measly ineligible player then only the most draconian of punishments is appropriate IMO in this case. Again , if proved to be true.

Precisely. 3-0 defeats in every game to feature an ineligible player and all league tables to be redrawn accordingly.

jamboinglasgow

David Cowan ? @stvdavidc

#Rangers talks still ongoing at Murray Park. Might be an announcement today...but further delay until tomorrow can't be ruled out.

This is just getting farcical. On Saturday (and I know I am repeating this but its worth repeating) they said the players had until Sunday to come to an agreement on a deal otherwise they would make a decision themselves. Monday was to be the day it was decided. Now we are on Monday with the administrators offering a new deal for the players to decide on and it could be now Tuesday before anything is decided.

Just got a text from my Rangers supporting accountant pal through west - Quote "Further revelations shortly! Armageddon."

He's not answering his phone now!!!

Who is in line to pick up some league titles if this does all go pear shaped for Rangers.. I guess what i am asking is are we in line to pick up any titles and even more unlikely are Hibs..

Or is it just Celtic who will now be on 20 in a row or something..

Rangers at this point are not due Hearts money. Other than for our match on Saturday.

We are a listed creditor of Rangers for the Wallace transfer money. Nothing due at the moment however the company that is Rangers due have a legal liability to pay Hearts.

Who is in line to pick up some league titles if this does all go pear shaped for Rangers.. I guess what i am asking is are we in line to pick up any titles and even more unlikely are Hibs..

If it goes back to 1991 as suggested by Adams both Hibs and Hearts would get a title.

Depends how far back it goes. If it is back to 1992 then us and Motherwell will get a title each and Aberdeen will get two. Celtic will have every title since 1996 I think.

The finance adjustments around this would astronomical. A proper plan will have to be put in place but I would certainly hope it doesn't impede any investigation.

Motherwell took more points of rangers that season than Hibs. If Rangers results all become 3-0 then Hibs win title.

jamboinglasgow

If it goes back to 1991 as suggested by Adams both Hibs and Hearts would get a title.

Wonder if it counts cups as well as we would get another Scottish cup and a league cup.

...a bit disco

Wonder if it counts cups as well as we would get another Scottish cup and a league cup.

Wouldn't it spill over into European competition as well then?

more importantly Linfield will become the most succesful club on earth again, before rangers are put out of existence and have to start again on zero.

Wouldn't it spill over into European competition as well then?

The ramifications are huge.

If they are found to be guilty of this, clubs playing against them in the CL could take it further.

BBC Twitter, now

BBC Breaking News?@BBCBreakingReply

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

Scottish Premier League confirms probe into alleged non-disclosure of payments to players by Rangers FC - more soon. http://bbc.in/wL1VSA

(and I realise that link doesn't take me to a page that mentions it)

Edited by jambovambo

Hagar the Horrible

BBC Twitter, now

BBC Breaking News?@BBCBreakingReply

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

Scottish Premier League confirms probe into alleged non-disclosure of payments to players by Rangers FC - more soon. http://bbc.in/wL1VSA

(and I realise that link doesn't take me to a page that mentions it)

If this is true I hope as well as rangers face the most severe punishment, then the agents of these players should also lose their licence. Agents take far too much money out of the game.

Sorry I don't have a link but the RTC website has a table that shows the current winners (OF only , obviously) and what might have been .

We would get one title for the early 90s :woot: and Celtic would be on 17 in a row :yucky: , I think.

When Marseille were stripped of their title in the 1990s, no-one was awarded the title in their place. I suspect the same would be true here. Simply changing all of Rangers games into 3-0 defeats is extremely unfair on those teams who took points from them. You could argue that those results should stand and those teams should then be given a 3-0 win in addition - and that would be daft.

I think that if Rangers are stripped of their titles, the only sensible thing to do would be to say that no-one won the league. Didn't the SFA once withhold the Scottish Cup due to OF nonsense?

Since July 1998 = conspiracy to deny us the title victory of 1991/92 THAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS.

I guess the SPL only has jurisdiction over it's own stuff, hence that start date.

The SFA and SFL on the other hand....

Since July 1998 = conspiracy to deny us the title victory of 1991/92 THAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS.

To be fair, the SPL only started in 1998!

H J Simpson

more importantly Linfield will become the most succesful club on earth again, before rangers are put out of existence and have to start again on zero.

A silver lining for the Rangers fans then!!

And a scottish and league cup.

Imeantasong

When Marseille were stripped of their title in the 1990s, no-one was awarded the title in their place. I suspect the same would be true here. Simply changing all of Rangers games into 3-0 defeats is extremely unfair on those teams who took points from them. You could argue that those results should stand and those teams should then be given a 3-0 win in addition - and that would be daft.

I think that if Rangers are stripped of their titles, the only sensible thing to do would be to say that no-one won the league. Didn't the SFA once withhold the Scottish Cup due to OF nonsense?

It would also affect relegations and top six finishes too if they were to revert all results to 3-0 defeats.

Would certainly make it very difficult for any Rangers plight sympathisers / apologists out there, wouldn't it.

Edited by Imeantasong

will be fun seeing the papers ignore SDM's part in this and lay it all on War Chest Whyte.

jamboinglasgow

So Rangers are getting investigated by both the SFA and the SPL, SFA say that if found guilty of players having two contracts they will be chucked out of the SFA (and I presume all leagues in that case.) SPL could void all titles in their period if found guilty (and I imagine more if the SFA dont punish them first.)

So what we have here is a possible double whammy for Rangers. Either they face annhilation from the taxman winning the big tax case or they face being chucked out of Scottish football disgraced by the football authorities, or even better both. I cant see why anyone would now want to buy Rangers in their present state with more axes above Rangers.

One positive about their cheating is that monkey heid will be absolutely seething

Aye lads, I wasn't exactly being serious...

Although I do think that we should only be allowed to celebrate our glorious title win of '92 in the fashion that we would have at the time. I was eight, so I'd probably be allowed full sugar cola, some sweets and to play my Sega Master System past bedtime.

Anyone born in 1991 should be force fed their mother's breast milk? Is that what your saying?

An open top procession down princes street for the team would be nice though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Losing the tax case and being liquidated alone would have been small fry compared to this.

This, if proven, is the sort of thing that gets titles stripped.

It feels so surreal... I was always hopefull that they would be reigned in a bit when this first broke as a 30mil bill to Lloyds, that was all I dared hope was going to be the outcome and that we would be able to try and capitalise from their downsizing for a couple of seasons but this?... Every single day it just gets more and more apparent that they were cheating left right and centre and that they are not actually going to be able to escape from their fate. It is now surely far more likely that Rangers FC are going to disappear than not.

I feel absolutely no pity for the club either... The non-playing staff, yeah, that's fair enough but the actuall entity that is RFC? Not a ******* bit of it, hope they are gone for ever.

Rick Grimes

I wouldn't go that far. Natural justice would see them expelled from the league with no automatic admittance into even Division 3, but I can't see anything worse than a 1 division drop really happening.

...a bit disco

j9lekj.jpg

"Haw Chief. Need a new t-shirt likesay?"

Imeantasong

So Rangers are getting investigated by both the SFA and the SPL, SFA say that if found guilty of players having two contracts they will be chucked out of the SFA (and I presume all leagues in that case.) SPL could void all titles in their period if found guilty (and I imagine more if the SFA dont punish them first.)

So what we have here is a possible double whammy for Rangers. Either they face annhilation from the taxman winning the big tax case or they face being chucked out of Scottish football disgraced by the football authorities, or even better both. I cant see why anyone would now want to buy Rangers in their present state with more axes above Rangers.

Then they could come back reinvented with a clean slate, a new non-bigoted, tolerant, non-triumphalist support?

Maybe not eh?

Walter Bishop

Celtic would be on 17 in a row!

Arent the SFA complicit? Surely they would have seen that the contracts handed over by rangers wouldn't cover the players expectations.. Assuming they get to see the remuneration. I'm pretty sure eyebrows would have been raised when they saw that Flo was only getting eg ?37k per year ??

Walter Bishop

Here, chaps, how many Scottish Cup wins would hibs be awarded if this all comes to pass?

:verysmug:

imageMDGH10804181949.jpg

Rick Grimes

Arent the SFA complicit? Surely they would have seen that the contracts handed over by rangers wouldn't cover the players expectations.. Assuming they get to see the remuneration. I'm pretty sure eyebrows would have been raised when they saw that Flo was only getting eg ?37k per year ??

That's a bloody good question!

hearts_crazy

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here, may have been mentioned in one of the Rangers mega threads, I reckon it needs a wee thread of it's own.

Rangers wanting to cut players wages instead of getting rid of some of them. These players shouldn't even be at the club, they have been getting paid with money Rangers don't have and were also bought with money they don't have. Surely this can't work long term, can it?

I really hope this turns round and bites them on the arse

My link

Here, chaps, how many Scottish Cup wins would hibs be awarded if this all comes to pass?

:verysmug:

Statute of limitations for such offences should preclude investigating anything before 1980 imo. We wouldn't want any accidental catastrophes coming out of this.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic