The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Imeantasong

Yay!! Only down side is I'm at work and its frowned upon to whip the wee felly out in excitement. :)

So someone's tried it before then? :lol:

Yay!! Only down side is I'm at work and its frowned upon to whip the wee felly out in excitement. :)

Im in the house, and as such, am prepared to start "helicoptering" any time now. biggrin.gif

Love it. Why do the Rangers players think they can dictate terms with Administrators?

Arrogance is must if associated with Rangers. They are the people, remember....

Is this going to be a case of some of the so called lesser players being emptied then all of a sudden a deal is struck with the remaining players :down:

If this happens it's been engineered!

That was my thought too. Wylde is merely a shot across the bow to force a change of mind from the players.

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

A number of #Rangers players have already asked to be released. No confirmed decision as yet.

big felly in my case. :whistling:

A number of players have asked to be released... I think they are thinking about large signing on fees elsewhere following interest in Jan.

My money is on Mcgregor. This should be fun.

Wylde apparently asked to be released from his contract, as opposed to being punted. Don't know if this puts a different slant on redundancies today? Hopefully not!

jamboinglasgow

Love it. Why do the Rangers players think they can dictate terms with Administrators?

Because the administrators can only offer wage cuts, they are not able to enforce it. Thus if the administrator is reluctant to make big player redundancies at first then the players could try and use the reluctance to try and broker a better deal.

BBC now reporting a number of players have asked to be released. Wylde may have been one of them. I imagine agents probably have been sounding out clubs and the ones wanting to go may have possible deals lined up (FIFA allow players to join other clubs outside window if they have been made redundant.) Player and agent get a nice signing on fee as well.

Craig Wilson?@Real_C_WilsonReply

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

All getting dramatic at Murray Park now.

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

A number of #Rangers players have already asked to be released. No confirmed decision as yet.

But they dont do walking away

STV - Gregg Wylde has left Rangers. He has waived his wages for March and has decided not to take any redundancy package.

Is it bad that I keep refreshing this and Twitter to see if anymore have gone? Come on guys, chop chop! Looking forward to this a bit much.. :jjyay:

Does anyone know if radio is covering this at all? Working from home and could do with some background to keep me going.

Is it bad that I keep refreshing this and Twitter to see if anymore have gone? Come on guys, chop chop! Looking forward to this a bit much.. :jjyay:

Quite a few heading for that....! :rolleyes:

Imeantasong

Vulture :P

scottish_chicP

No I am on my lunch at work and doing exactly the same thing! Certainly brightened up my Tuesday :)

Because the administrators can only offer wage cuts, they are not able to enforce it. Thus if the administrator is reluctant to make big player redundancies at first then the players could try and use the reluctance to try and broker a better deal.

BBC now reporting a number of players have asked to be released. Wylde may have been one of them. I imagine agents probably have been sounding out clubs and the ones wanting to go may have possible deals lined up (FIFA allow players to join other clubs outside window if they have been made redundant.) Player and agent get a nice signing on fee as well.

I am not sure if they or UEFA do. I am sure this was an issue when Motherwell made players redundant. It could have changed of course and I think regarldess they can sign for other clubs and earn a wage and train, but they just can not be licenced and therefore play until the next window.

Jambo, Goodbye

Follow follow oot the door ya bassas, the ship is sinking.

Boab Mugabe

Mr Romanov should send a representative to Murray Park with ready made contracts imo.

:greggy:

Nookie Bear

Looked a good prospect a while ago.

Pretty certain they knocked back a bid from BHolton either in the summer or January?

Shame.

Auldreekie1874

STV - Gregg Wylde has left Rangers. He has waived his wages for March and has decided not to take any redundancy package.

Gregg Wylde does walking away. :lol:

I think the CVA would only be for the outstanding tax money which they haven't paid since Whyte took over, I can't possibly see how they can include the big tax case money in this when there hasn't been a ruling on it yet.

Correct. They cannot include the BTC as a CVA as a ruling on the amount has still to be determined and as such it will not be shown as a debt by the Administrators.

Anyway the elephant in the room is the players double contract fraud which may well see Rangers doomed regardless of whether or not a deal can be made with HMRC.

I must admit to being enthralled with the whole thing. biggrin.gif

I am not sure if they or UEFA do. I am sure this was an issue when Motherwell made players redundant. It could have changed of course and I think regarldess they can sign for other clubs and earn a wage and train, but they just can not be licenced and therefore play until the next window.

Pretty sure players can join other clubs. The are essentially free agents. My guess is Wylde has been told by another club that they'll take hoim with a nice signing on fee... others will follow I guess.

Who knows, the redundancies may have been stalled to allow players to find a club then leave on a voluntry basis saving the club money on redundancy pay outs.

Edited by K1874M

rossthejambo

Celik gone? There's a shock. Trying to get out of the money they owe GAIS? :whistling:

Edited by rossthejambo

Alison Robbie ? @AlisonRobbie

Retweet

Favorite

? Open

Gregg Wylde hasn't taken any package & has left #Rangers by mutual consent

Pretty sure players can join other clubs. The are essentially free agents. My guess is Wylde has been told by another club that they'll take hoim with a nice signing on fee... others will follow I guess.

They are, but free agents can not join clubs outwith the transfer window unless they became free agents within the transfer window. I could still be wrong though.

5284d58b-070e-0d23.jpg

5284d58b-071a-b886.jpg

Mervan Celik has agreed to leave #rangers. He could not agree to the wage cuts that were being demanded by administrators.

I'd take a punt on Wylde.

Doubt he's on that much either.

I think bigger teams would want him, good prospect.

Keith Downie ? @STVkeith

Rangers players WILL NOT accept wage cuts if even one player is made redundant. They have made that clear.

Looks like there will be more cuts today at Murray park then in a slasher film.

if I was a Rangers supporter I would be extremely annoyed if this is the stance from the players.

So much for playing for the jersey and the club. They appear to to be, to a man, a bunch of mercenaries, caring only for themselves and waving 2 fingers to the supporters.

let us not forget that regardless of our dislike of them it is not the fault of the rangers supporters themselves.

Bloody funny though ;)

I fully expect the tumble weed to be rolling over the pitch at ibrox for their next game. Why spend your hard earned to help when the players quite openly butt **** you

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Finally it looks like it's starting to happen!

wonder if a Squad Tracker like the one we had going in the January window exists anywhere?

"Wylde tells STV he "couldn't sleep at night" and took decision to leave in the hope it will "save other people's jobs" at Rangers"

Tomorrow, Wylde is unveiled at Blackpool.

Wylde will end up beside his mates Danny Wilson & John Fleck at Blackpool on bigger money if you ask me...

Imeantasong

if I was a Rangers supporter I would be extremely annoyed if this is the stance from the players.

So much for playing for the jersey and the club. They appear to to be, to a man, a bunch of mercenaries, caring only for themselves and waving 2 fingers to the supporters.

let us not forget that regardless of our dislike of them it is not the fault of the rangers supporters themselves.

Bloody funny though ;)

I fully expect the tumble weed to be rolling over the pitch at ibrox for their next game. Why spend your hard earned to help when the players quite openly butt **** you

I know.

But maybe they just feel like they're being conned by a bunch of con artists.

Could wylde be a shout for us? Temps and Suso more than likely to leave in the summer.

Looked pretty decent the last couple of times I seen him.

They are, but free agents can not join clubs outwith the transfer window unless they became free agents within the transfer window. I could still be wrong though.

In cases of Administration and Liquidation, the normal rules can be waived to allow players to be sold, and/or to be signed and played by other teams. :thumb:

Ecce Romanov

I wonder if Wylde has had an offer from somewhere else? It wouldn't suprise me if clubs have 'informally' approached players

Love how they're trying to paint a lovely picture of the rangers players as they're not taking a redundancy package. As rangers are insolvent the club doesn't pay any redundancy packages when they boot the players out, the govt does via statutory redundancy pay. Which is only 1 week salary per year you've been employed up to ?385 per week, so probably not worth it for these guys anyway.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic