The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Geoff Kilpatrick

I like the admins stretching this out. More money being burnt = liquidation all the sooner! :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Sky News:

Club and administrators stuck in deadlock over who gets the axe. Does not look like any cuts today. Talks will continue but it is looking like the administrators will now decide who stays and who goes.

Thats the jist of the quick report from outside Murray Park

How the **** can they be in deadlock the administrators say who or what goes , would not have happened under KPMG I tell you

Can't wait to read their report to the court in Edinburgh about how they have run the administration.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can't wait to read their report to the court in Edinburgh about how they have run the administration.

Indeed; "best interest of creditors" :laugh:

I like the admins stretching this out. More money being burnt = liquidation all the sooner! :thumbsup:

All sorts of pressure being put on these poor Administrators now telling them to avoid the cull http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/03/05/rangers-in-crisis-administrators-told-not-to-frighten-off-potential-buyers-by-tearing-first-team-squad-apart-86908-23775529/

It really is a total joke they are supposed to be looking after the interest of the creditors not the interest of a guy and his blue knights who might just buy the club.

Edited by jambosrbarry

I should have added that today was the deadline for Coisty/The Club to come to an agreement about who was getting axed. Thats why it's now the administrators choice.

Edited by jammyjambo

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How the **** can they be in deadlock the administrators say who or what goes , would not have happened under KPMG I tell you

It's getting ridiculous now though eh? I have this image of all the players hiding in cupboards and behind curtains around Murray Park while Super Ally stands in the doorway telling the admins that he hasn't seen the players today. :rolleyes:

Every day the playing squad puts off making a sacrifice the worse they potentially make things for the Ibrox office/support staff.

They are vile individuals.

Barney Rubble

I should have added that today was the deadline for Coisty/The Club to come to an agreement about who was getting axed. Thats why it's not the aministrators choice.

So everyones been getting their frilly knickers in a twist for nowt :lol:

girvanjambo

Sky News:

Club and administrators stuck in deadlock over who gets the axe. Does not look like any cuts today. Talks will continue but it is looking like the administrators will now decide who stays and who goes.

Thats the jist of the quick report from outside Murray Park

I think they are waiting for some knight in shining armour to bale them out.

jamboinglasgow

Every day the playing squad puts off making a sacrifice the worse they potentially make things for the Ibrox office/support staff.

They are vile individuals.

Exactly, the office staff are not getting any choice in the matter unlike the players.

Rick Grimes

All sorts of pressure being put on these poor Administrators now telling them to avoid the cull http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/03/05/rangers-in-crisis-administrators-told-not-to-frighten-off-potential-buyers-by-tearing-first-team-squad-apart-86908-23775529/

It really is a total joke they are supposed to be looking after the interest of the creditors not the interest of a guy and his blue knights who might just buy the club.

Just Wow! at the below comment from the Daily Ranger. Irony is clearly lost on this boy...

Son_Of_Alba wrote:

Regardless of what happens the mighty Rangers will be back to our best in no time, Have faith people. Let them enjoy their Tainted title.

jamboinglasgow

I see Keith Jackson co-wrote it, he was saying the same on Thursday, pleading the administrators not to cut as it will be more expensive for any buyer (I do think he is being worked by Paul Murray.)

I might have dreamt this but thought I read somewhere that there is a deadline after which the liability of the salaries passes to the administrators. Can anyone confirm if this is true and if so when this deadline will occur?

jamboinglasgow

I might have dreamt this but thought I read somewhere that there is a deadline after which the liability of the salaries passes to the administrators. Can anyone confirm if this is true and if so when this deadline will occur?

On Saturday the administrators said that the staff had till yesterday to come to agreement and today was the deadline for an announcement.

The longer it takes for redundancies to be announced, the more money they spunk up the wall on wages.

I see Keith Jackson co-wrote it, he was saying the same on Thursday, pleading the administrators not to cut as it will be more expensive for any buyer (I do think he is being worked by Paul Murray.)

Unless they have around 100 million they wont be buying no one could possibly buy the club till after the outcome of the Big Tax Case which once decided can be appealed by who ever loses the process to sort the Big Tax case could take months or even years to sort.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2110322/Rangers-players-face-redundancies-bid-boost-coffers.html

Edited by jambosrbarry

Unless they have around 100 million they wont be buying no one could possibly buy the club till after the outcome of the Big Tax Case which once decided can be appealed by who ever loses the process to sort the Big Tax case could take months or even years to sort.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/03/05/rangers-in-crisis-administrators-told-not-to-frighten-off-potential-buyers-by-tearing-first-team-squad-apart-86908-23775529/

It can't be appealed. This is the appeal.

I P Knightley

Hearts should have thrown the game on Saturday so that win bonuses would be added to the outgoings.

Bad planning.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You think? If you get five minutes, google KPMG and Leeds United and read on

Francis Albert

Don't think so. Whyte said a few months back that if they lost the current Tribunal he probably wouldn't appeal because it would prolong the uncertainty. Assume also HMRC can and will appeal if they lose.

It can. It's at the first tier tribunal stage, it can then go to second tier, Court of Session, and finally the Supreme Court (House of Lords). I believe HMRC would at least take it to the Court of Session, which could take, from here, 12-16 months?

jamboinglasgow

It can. It's at the first tier tribunal stage, it can then go to second tier, Court of Session, and finally the Supreme Court (House of Lords). I believe HMRC would at least take it to the Court of Session, which could take, from here, 12-16 months?

The problem is for Rangers is that if lose the first tier tribunal they have to pay HMRC the amount, if they win a second tier appeal (or any other) they get the money back.

Don't think so. Whyte said a few months back that if they lost the current Tribunal he probably wouldn't appeal because it would prolong the uncertainty. Assume also HMRC can and will appeal if they lose.

HMRC will not lose.

You heard Danny Alexander (I know - he's a c0ck) last week.

Francis Albert

The problem is for Rangers is that if lose the first tier tribunal they have to pay HMRC the amount, if they win a second tier appeal (or any other) they get the money back.

Certainly explains why Whyte wasn't going to appeal!

It's really a "lose-lose" situation, or perhaps even a "lose-lose-lose" one, because if they win HMRC will appeal to the second tier tribunal, Rangers will have to fork out more legal fees and will still have no certainty as to the final debt, making the disposal of the club as a going concern more difficult (thus extending the administration) and making it impossible to have signed off audited accounts. (Meantime interest will continue to accrue on whatever turns out to be the final bill.)

In addition, in winning, they will have demonstrated that the EBT was sufficiently distant from the club, and the payments so uncertain, that they were not liable to PAYE at the time of payment. Thus they had to be "payments by a third party" putting them in definitive contravention of the registration rules.

Heads they lose and tails they lose twice?

It's really a "lose-lose" situation, or perhaps even a "lose-lose-lose" one, because if they win HMRC will appeal to the second tier tribunal, Rangers will have to fork out more legal fees and will still have no certainty as to the final debt, making the disposal of the club as a going concern more difficult (thus extending the administration) and making it impossible to have signed off audited accounts. (Meantime interest will continue to accrue on whatever turns out to be the final bill.)

In addition, in winning, they will have demonstrated that the EBT was sufficiently distant from the club, and the payments so uncertain, that they were not liable to PAYE at the time of payment. Thus they had to be "payments by a third party" putting them in definitive contravention of the registration rules.

Heads they lose and tails they lose twice?

I like this analysis. I like it a lot!

I thought the they were cutting the wage bill to find a million per month. Any new owner would need to do the same.

Unless there is credible take over on the way I cant see delaying making it any better.

The Mighty Thor

I posted this on another thread last night but i've heard from a source that works at another SPL club that the SPL & SFL are having meetings this week to discuss the implications of the Rangers player multiple contract/payment situation and whether there have been further breaches of rules and what further sanctions the SPL/SFL can impose.

UEFA accountants are auditing SPL clubs for European football this week too.

:thumbsup:

Breaking news - Coisty told the players this morning there's no training. Instead all the players are to play hide & seek. The first 8 found are the ones being made redundant. Coisty is there with the administrators giving out Hot, Cold, Boiling, Freezing instructions.

I P Knightley

Regarding the TV money /companies it may soon be irrelevent because of the publandlord/gate If you can watch the game without subscribing to sky why would pubs pay for the games, as I believe that some pubs are already doing so.

I think I'm right that the pub leading the fight to avoid paying for broadcasting rights is based in Portsmouth. Just something I find a little ironic.

Breaking news - Coisty told the players this morning there's no training. Instead all the players are to play hide & seek. The first 8 found are the ones being made redundant. Coisty is there with the administrators giving out Hot, Cold, Boiling, Freezing instructions.

Superb.

Brilliant. :woot:

Drylaw Hearts

If referees are proven to have taken payments from anyone (not just Rangers), then the Scottish game is finished.

It didn't finish the game in Italy.

I actually think it would be the best thing that could happen.....there is so much paranoia amongst Scottish clubs that if if something did come out then it would at least clear the air and ensure that everyone from this day was 100% squeaky clean.

Scottish Football in on the verge of a major rebirth imo.

john brownlee

I think I'm right that the pub leading the fight to avoid paying for broadcasting rights is based in Portsmouth. Just something I find a little ironic.

and she won in the mean time, but I believe there's an appeal from sky

I hope the btc is delayed which will scupper any rescue consortium coming in.

The original timescale I read for the result of the FTT (the big tax case) reporting it's decision, was that it was "expected" around March/April, and I've never seen anything since to suggest that's changed.

While that could mean today, it could just as easily be eight weeks away, without there being any "delays" to their timetable.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

;)

...a bit disco

Today, in the BBC Scotland Gossip...

As Rangers' administrators prepare to announce job cuts, Lee McCulloch offers to play for the club for free until the Ibrox outfit emerges from its financial crisis. (Daily Record)

Paul Murray, a former Rangers director who is considering bidding to take over the club, says he would prefer to make up the shortfall in cash required until the end of the season than have to rebuild the squad should redundancies be made to save money. (Daily Record)

The administrators want the Rangers players to give up the money they are owed for facing Hearts on Saturday, but seven members of the team are not in favour of doing so. (The Sun)

At least eight Rangers first-team players will be axed on Monday. (Daily Express)

Portsmouth, in danger of going into liquidation, are keen on playing Rangers in back-to-back friendlies to raise money for the two clubs. (Daily Mail)

Aberdeen midfielder Kari Arnason reveals that he played for nine months for free at Plymouth Argyle when they were under the threat of liquidation. (The Sun)

Celtic manager Neil Lennon criticises ESPN pundit Craig Burley for saying that the Scottish Premier League title has been devalued by Rangers' 10-point deduction for entering administration. (Various)

Today, in the BBC Scotland Gossip...

As Rangers' administrators prepare to announce job cuts, Lee McCulloch offers to play for the club for free until the Ibrox outfit emerges from its financial crisis. (Daily Record)

Paul Murray, a former Rangers director who is considering bidding to take over the club, says he would prefer to make up the shortfall in cash required until the end of the season than have to rebuild the squad should redundancies be made to save money. (Daily Record)

The administrators want the Rangers players to give up the money they are owed for facing Hearts on Saturday, but seven members of the team are not in favour of doing so. (The Sun)

At least eight Rangers first-team players will be axed on Monday. (Daily Express)

Portsmouth, in danger of going into liquidation, are keen on playing Rangers in back-to-back friendlies to raise money for the two clubs. (Daily Mail)

Aberdeen midfielder Kari Arnason reveals that he played for nine months for free at Plymouth Argyle when they were under the threat of liquidation. (The Sun)

Celtic manager Neil Lennon criticises ESPN pundit Craig Burley for saying that the Scottish Premier League title has been devalued by Rangers' 10-point deduction for entering administration. (Various)

Am I right in saying Paul Murray would have been on the board when the dodgy payments and contract arrangement were made? If so, surely any take over by him or the "south african" Craig Whyte would have no chance in getting passed the fit and propper test thingy?

Am I right in saying Paul Murray would have been on the board when the dodgy payments and contract arrangement were made? If so, surely any take over by him or the "south african" Craig Whyte would have no chance in getting passed the fit and propper test thingy?

If there is actually a "fit and proper person" test, then you'd think King would fail, along with Paul Murray, and any other Ex-Director, who'd been on the Rangers Board during any naughty stuff - but then Craig Whyte got through.... :unsure:

What, IMO, may be a bigger stumbling block, would be whether any Ex-Directors (fit and proper, or not) being involved in any NewCo, would cause HMRC to class it as a Phoneix Company, and chase it for the debt. :)

BBC (on the live feed) reporting the administrators are paying dunfermline in full.

Erm, where does this leave us? :unsure:

Rick Grimes

Rangers players and the club's administrators are discussing a new series of structured cuts which could result in no immediate redundancies.

The month-long proposal would mean the highest earners would take a 75% wage cut, middle-earners a 50% cut, with a 25% drop in salary for other players.

The players' union, PFA Scotland, is aware of the proposal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17221172

Arrrgghh!! Die! Just die!

BBC (on the live feed) reporting the administrators are paying dunfermline in full.

Erm, where does this leave us? :unsure:

We aren't due a payment from Rangers until the summer so nothings changed for us, yet.

We aren't due a payment from Rangers until the summer so nothings changed for us, yet.

Cheers - It's hard to keep up!

Nookie Bear

New story on the BBC claims that there might not be any forced redundancies on playing staff with the cuts they are discussing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17221172

Taking the piss somewhat.

They could easily have flogged McGregor, Davis, Whitaker along with Jelavic in January for less than they would have liked but still a decent sum.

Would also have saved a whopping amount of wages as well as giving them a chance to make a dent in the HMRC bill.

Yet they continued to trade as if nothing was wrong? Either they have zero intention of repaying the debt or they have the attitude that a ?72 million debt is the same as a ?70 million debt.

Scum.

Nookie Bear

On a smaller note, it grinds me that the administrater is referring to rangers manager as "Ally".

How VERY pally of him.

:down:

marshallschunkychicken

New story on the BBC claims that there might not be any forced redundancies on playing staff with the cuts they are discussing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17221172

If some of the high earners have refused proposed cuts of this magnitude before, as has been reported, what's to say they'll accept them now?

Taking the piss somewhat.

They could easily have flogged McGregor, Davis, Whitaker along with Jelavic in January for less than they would have liked but still a decent sum.

Would also have saved a whopping amount of wages as well as giving them a chance to make a dent in the HMRC bill.

Yet they continued to trade as if nothing was wrong? Either they have zero intention of repaying the debt or they have the attitude that a ?72 million debt is the same as a ?70 million debt.

Scum.

What ever else is happening at Ibrox - what's completely certain now is that none of this is actually being done for the benefit of the creditors. It looks like a complete firefighting excercise hoping that something will turn up that will save the club from the invitable. What a complete and utter farce.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic