The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

And here is why McCoist can never be accused of being a managerial great.

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

"

He said: "It's not my job, I'm not making anybody redundant, I'm not telling anybody they have lost their job.

"I won't be [in with the players] but I will be waiting outside if and when it happens.

"My job is to support and be there, which I will be."

No Ally. You're job is to M-A-N-A-G-E.

You are not a glorified counsellor for feck sake.

My work recently made people redundant. Team managers earning a lot less than Sally had to grade staff and effectively make the same decision.

My work recently made people redundant. Team managers earning a lot less than Sally had to grade staff and effectively make the same decision.

Would like to do that in my place, far too much dead wood collecting a salary for doing the minimum to stay under the radar.

Needs culled but no chance of it happening anytime soon.

...a bit disco

Meanwhile, in lala-land, the imaginary home of 'ra peepul'...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=212850

"Once again it is being said that our SPL rivals want us severely punished if we go into liquidation or even stay in administration at August 4th.

Now worse case scenario is liquidation then they want point deduction's and our tv money for 3 years! **** off!

Why not just make us play with 10 men for three seasons! Its pretty much the same sort of ridiculous punishment Liarwel and his cronies are dreaming up, not even sure UEFA would allow this anyway. They need us for a tv deal and we are then expected to for-fit it for three seasons! Jog-on.

Our SPL rivals need us to survive. Without our away support and influence in the tv deal then 60% of them wont last a year! Their stupidity and kiss ass approach to Liarwels false propaganda will be their downfall.

Lets just start in the 3rd Division **** the SPL. Europe's out of the agenda for three yeas anyway. It would be a master plan as I am sure with new owners and a proper fan based plan we would still sell out Ibrox and would be able to agree our own tv deal. We could walk into the SPL after three years with a great young team and have over ?60m available to build a team that would destroy any SPL club.

I for one would be happy to pay for a season ticket at SPL rates so a proper fund could be raised over the 3 years in the lower leagues so we are loaded when we come back into the SPL.

WATP"

shaun.lawson

:facepalm:

Not as much of a :facepalm: as this, though:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/fans-will-find-a-way-to-save-day.16922690

I never thought I would see the day when there would be supporters outside Ibrox collecting money in buckets to ensure Rangers' survival, but that is what it has come to...

Whether it is through having "Save Rangers" buckets outside the ground or whatever else, the fans can be relied on to rally round...

But if it is to save their club, the Rangers fans will come up with the money. There is no doubt in my mind.

Does he think fans wandering around with buckets can raise tens of millions of pounds, or something? :huh: Note the pathetic little dig he gets in at us right at the end too: the man's on another planet. :down:

Edited by shaun.lawson

The guy has a point. If the SPL pathetically says to Rangers "we need your pretend newco team back in the league" they would be bonkers to accept all the sanctions. RFC 2012 would hold all the aces.

That's why the SPL must not bend over and take the Ibrox boaby. Get them telt asap that we don't need them.

I fear that's exactly what tomorrows meeting will be about. How to get Newhun FC back into SPL while still looking like we are really cross with them for being really naughty.

Actually, Mcoist himself should be equally 'at risk' as any other RFC employee, and should therefore not be in the decision making process, or have the job to tell people they are redundant. That is the job of the administrators, who are (supposed to) represent the creditors.

Noone should be given immunity from any decision the administrators make, but it seems AM has been given this, as he constantly goes on about not walking away. That Ally, is not your call, you could quite rightly be asked to do just that, as no doubt your salary will be a healthy sum.

All this side show is only hiding the fact that Mcoist ( former clown on question of sport ) is in fact a crap manager if the circus side show was not on the go he would have been punted by now. :whistling:

...a bit disco

http://www.heraldsco...ve-day.16922690

Does he think fans wandering around with buckets can raise tens of millions of pounds, or something? :huh: Note the pathetic little dig he gets in at us right at the end too: the man's on another planet. :down:

I think he has that save Rangers website in mind when he made that comment.

You know, the one that you could sign up for and 'pledge' money to.

The website that ANYONE could sign up to and make a pledge!

:whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The guy has a point. If the SPL pathetically says to Rangers "we need your pretend newco team back in the league" they would be bonkers to accept all the sanctions. RFC 2012 would hold all the aces.

That's why the SPL must not bend over and take the Ibrox boaby. Get them telt asap that we don't need them.

Correct. The likes of Brown at St Johnstone need a basic lesson in poker, even if the newco in the SPL is their desired outcome.

hmfc4life1991

no idea if this is true but this is a leaked email of the players to be released tomorrow

Twitter

Players are Lee McCulloch, Sasa Papac, Sone Aluko, Neil Alexander, Carlos Bocenegra, David Healy, Gregg Wylde, Lee Wallace, Salim Kerkar, Ross Perry, Andy Little, Kane Hemmings, Andy Mitchell and Scott Gallacher.

Edited by hmfc4life1991

tokyohearts

If the Huns are liquidated and a newco is formed, why should they be allowed to start in Third Division, never mind the SPL? There are perfectly good junior clubs waiting in queue. They should be dropped to the Junior Leagues (if they are accepted, mind you) and wait for their turn until a different SFL club folds.

...a bit disco

Thats right Borthers, but even if the SPL holds all the cards, can you really see them in their current form standing up to what is to all intents and purposes a 'castrated' Rangers?

shaun.lawson

This one, you mean?

https://www.saverangers.com/#tab_2

big-pledges.jpg

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

...a bit disco

no idea if this is true but this is a leaked email of the players to be released tomorrow

Twitter

Players are Lee McCulloch, Sasa Papac, Sone Aluko, Neil Alexander, Carlos Bocenegra, David Healy, Gregg Wylde, Lee Wallace, Salim Kerkar, Ross Perry, Andy Little, Kane Hemmings, Andy Mitchell and Scott Gallacher.

That one came up earlier.

Check the posters profile.

Is there any guarantee that a newco Rangers could be created in the timescale required?

...a bit disco

This one, you mean?

https://www.saverangers.com/#tab_2

big-pledges.jpg

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

That's the one.

If you could check out the list of pledgers, I'm sure the name C Whyte might pop up a few times.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/fans-will-find-a-way-to-save-day.16922690

They are going into Liquidation and 3 years out of Europe when they emerge for the start of the start of the 18/19 season :lol: do we really care :down:

Edited by jambosrbarry

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is there any guarantee that a newco Rangers could be created in the timescale required?

Not only that, who says that there only be one newco bid?

Would like to do that in my place, far too much dead wood collecting a salary for doing the minimum to stay under the radar.

Needs culled but no chance of it happening anytime soon.

As should Sally if he was a decent manager. He's been in the job for a while now, and if he can't identify those that are not pulling their weight or are never good enough then he'll never be a manager...

Big difference between being their "legend" and having to make hard choices, something that it sounds like he'll never learn.

Not only that, who says that there only be one newco bid?

This guy is the preferred Bidder.

portobellojambo1

Can't imagine Rangers would release Wallace. He's a medium earner at most, sellable and whether they make him redundant or not has absolutely no grounding to the money they owe us. The only thing they could do would to be to try and punt his registration back to us in lieu of the debt.

Doubt a lot of the younger guys are necessary being released. Wonder if any of them have clauses that say if they play they will get wage rises and the administrators want them to agree to not invoke these.

Whilst I think Papac, McCulloch, Alexander and probably Bocanegra are gone cannot see why they would be looking to shift guys like McCabe, Kerkar, Wylde who won't be on massive wages and could play.

If that list is legit do they have enough players left? can't see it.

Overheard a couple of Rangers fans speaking in the club we were in before the game on Saturday. They were saying Rangers have a first team pool of 26. The savings to be made are effectively ?250,000 a week, so over the full squad it is effectively at least 25 players earning ?10,000 a week. I can see a hefty percentage of their first team squad being off loaded, just to keep going, otherwise they ain't going to meet their target. This assumes they want to retain at least some of their higher paid players, the numbers made redundant would be reduced but only if they release the core players their first team squad depends on, who will be the really high earners.

ToadKiller Dog

This guy is the preferred Bidder.

I think this guy is talking about the Big House Burger bar on renfield street which is to start closing early on week day nights ..

I think this guy is talking about the Big House Burger bar on renfield street which is to start closing early on week day nights ..

He will be gutted at this news :lol:

You can even pledge a negative amount...:whistling:

I'm getting us the Lee Wallace money....!

:verysmug:

...a bit disco

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Fantastico!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

it's hard to see them giving up the ghost in any way. one thing you can give rangers credit for is always successfully instilling a togetherness in their squad and a never-say-die attitude on the field. they've always had that.

No-one passed the script to Doris yesterday. laugh.gif

Walter Bishop

Another wee rumour doing the rounds on Twitter.

@JonathanSmith82: @ETimsNet @Pmacgiollabhain rumour police have evidence of referee dealings & Whyte owns 4 of squad, not Rangers and Ogilvie implicated

scott_jambo

Another wee rumour doing the rounds on Twitter.

@JonathanSmith82: @ETimsNet @Pmacgiollabhain rumour police have evidence of referee dealings & Whyte owns 4 of squad, not Rangers and Ogilvie implicated

:arry:

more info on this pulease?

I'll happily give a considered opinion to postings on semi coherent blogs, but retweets from e-tims.net is a step too far. I'd not be surprised if it was true but I'd have bathe in bleach if I gave them a moments thought.

jamboinglasgow

I'll happily give a considered opinion to postings on semi coherent blogs, but retweets from e-tims.net is a step too far. I'd not be surprised if it was true but I'd have bathe in bleach if I gave them a moments thought.

Agreed, think of it like this, if Hibs fans were suddenly posting rumours like that about Hearts would you trust them? One of which was a freelance Hibs journalist who is obsessed with us.

Referees being corruptly linked to Rangers coming true is a Celtic fans wet dream, think of it like that.

Walter Bishop

:arry:

more info on this pulease?

Cant see anything else, mainly retweeted by Celtic fans,so most likely hopeful rather than truthful. Would be good though :thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Don't really know what to say to this one?!!!!

http://www.dailymail...rce=twitterfeed

The jist of it is..."Pompey want friendlies with Rangers in bid to raise funds for both club"

:huh:

Edited by ...a bit disco

Referees being corruptly linked to Rangers coming true is a Celtic fans wet dream, think of it like that.

It would be blockbuster... Cannae see it though.

I'll settle for all of:

• involvancy
  • a proper investigation into contracts
  • title/cup wins being stripped from record books

The refs thing... it's a bit greedy so I'll take that as a bonus if it comes true! :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The jist of it is..."Pompey want friendlies with Rangers in bid to raise funds for both club"

I got distracted by the news story about Gary Johnson beating the shit out of a teenage laddie... Still it's good to know Rangers have a support group. sweat.gif

What's the difference between Portsmouth & Rangers ?

One's a team of in-bred , knuckle dragging , flag waving neanderthals and the other is a football club about to go bust.

Make your choice.

Guest GhostHunter

If referees are proven to have taken payments from anyone (not just Rangers), then the Scottish game is finished.

The twitter is probably made up, but at the same time, I would not be surprised if it was partially true I suspect if it was, payments would be more likely be by way of gifts, favours, or hospitality than hard cash.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

The sun rises for yet another beautiful day, weather wise.

However, it's definitely going to be the contrary for some; a dark day of redundancy.

Maybe.

Edited by Lionel Richie

I P Knightley

If you could check out the list of pledgers, I'm sure the name C Whyte might pop up a few times.

I'd imagine that Mr D Bravo has made a particularly generous pledge.

If referees are proven to have taken payments from anyone (not just Rangers), then the Scottish game is finished.

I agree but I really can't see this either being true or actually being made public due to the severity of it. I guess with so many so called enquiries taking place that now would be the time for such info to come out.... I still think the SFA would do all in their powers to keep it down.

I agree but I really can't see this either being true or actually being made public due to the severity of it. I guess with so many so called enquiries taking place that now would be the time for such info to come out.... I still think the SFA would do all in their powers to keep it down.

Yep, you are right - I hear that the matter has been passed to Brines and Davis to make further enquirys into. :whistling:

Guest GhostHunter

A way for the SPL and SFA to save face in all this...

First they dock Rangers another 50 points, to ensure they are bottom of the table. This then effectively relegates them to the first division, where, they are no longer bound by the SPL rules, instead falling into the SFL's remit.

The SFL immediately relegate them again to the third division.

This is what happened to Gretna (save the major points deduction), so there should be no reason for them not to follow suit and be consistent.

Sky News:

Club and administrators stuck in deadlock over who gets the axe. Does not look like any cuts today. Talks will continue but it is looking like the administrators will now decide who stays and who goes.

Thats the jist of the quick report from outside Murray Park

Guest GhostHunter

Sky News:

Club and administrators stuck in deadlock over who gets the axe. Does not look like any cuts today. Talks will continue but it is looking like the administrators will now decide who stays and who goes.

Oh FFS.

Somebody really needs to remind these fecking trumpets, exactly WHO they are working in the interests of.

This is worse than an episode of The Archers.

Sky News:

Argh!!!!!

:sob:

I'm like a child at christmas here!

Sky News:

Argh!!!!!

:sob:

I'm like a child at christmas here!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic