The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The TV thing is a load of crap. People determined for there to be a conspiracy. Sky will expect 4 games a season and inevitably whilst Rangers and Celtic are in the league will get it.

If Rangers are thrown out then Sky will get out of this deal at the first opportunity and any offer we get from them will be half the value.

Chairmen are not going to throw them out if they get a choice in it.

No they won't. They wouldn't want to lose any form of customer base. I.E. The rest of the people in Scotland or elsewhere wanting to watch the SPL.

Why do we need anyone outside Scotland to give a shit. I don't give a shit about other nations leagues and other nations have some decent national sides, Denmark, Sweden, Poland etc.

Kids arent going to stop wanting to play for the national side because there is a one horse race in Scotland (that wouldnt last for long imo) and I'm Pretty sure dunfermline and hubs were financially better off in the 1st division without the tv money.

We don't need anyone outside to give a shit, that wasn't my point, but when attracting TV revenues and sponsorships, it makes a world of difference.

That's why we will never be flush with tv revenues and the likes.

Whilst i think current revenues aren't split how they should be I still think we stand a better chance of getting more monies with the OF around.

Like i said on Follow Follow, does Scottish Football need a strong Rangers - no, does Scottish Football need a Rangers in some capacity - yes it does. Losing around 40k paying fans in this day and age is never going to end well.

I happen to think Scottish Football was in a better place before Murray appeared as both Dundee Utd and Aberdeen were giving the OF a good run for their money and for us to stand any chance of gaining more from the likes of SKY, we need to return to the days when the OF weren't chocking all the competitiveness out of the Scottish game.

No they won't. They wouldn't want to lose any form of customer base. I.E. The rest of the people in Scotland or elsewhere wanting to watch the SPL.

They wouldn't though.

They like the SPL would have to accept without Rangers the package was worth less and settle on a lower fee.

You can say without fail that if Rangers go the corporate deals go down.

Its worth noting the SPL is private and is to protect the league. They arent there to fulfil any obligations to further football in this country or protect fans. They are there simply for the best of the teams in that league and anyone who thinks the chairman will kick rangers out and bring up an extra 1st div club or not relegate dunfermline is living on a different planet.

Whilst the party yesterday has left me in bits, I'll quite happily never do that again should der hun go to der wall.

The LIQUIDATION party will make Caligula's most lavish bash look like a 1940s tea dance.

I fully endorse this stance (but I'd prefer they went into LIQUIDATION on a Friday).

I fully endorse this stance (but I'd prefer they went into LIQUIDATION on a Friday).

At the end of the month.

colinmaroon

And another thing, IF what has been said is true about dual contracts etc then:

All agents who have had dealing with Rangers players over the last 20 years should be made to come clean.

all given the chance to whistleblow on the whole sticking sorry state and by doing so be able to keep their licence.

Failure to divulge before hand and somehow the allegations turn out to be true, then those agents who knew about this should not only return their fees but loose their licence.

Gordon Smith was an agent, has anybody asked his views on this to see if he knew of any other agents having performed this so called practice, as he did go on to run the SFA and as such has a geater insight into the inner sanctum of the game. Because if anybody in the SFA on their watch failed to act on this knowledge it would be disturbing, I would like Gordon asked his views because he might have an insight into how football operates at all levels, being the only person to have been an Agent, a football pundit, the Head of the SFA and director of football at a club where the management of it has been; how to put it "defiant to the laws of the land"

He has a unique insight into all levels, So Gordon whats your views? can you shed any light on if these allegations are true or just some random jouros having a fly kick

Don't hold your breath for Gordhun's response!

Think he might plead the 5th.

After liquidation they should start from 3rd and work their way up. A new regional league cup could give tv the OF Derby games they want. Don't know if it would work but just an option. Whether they will be made to start is another question obviously but the decision makers run the risk of really pissing off what seems like the vast majority of fans of the other clubs. What is going to happen over the next few months will have long lasting implications for all of Scottish football.

jamboinglasgow

It's not any different in England though.

EPL/FA and SKY

Same problems, bigger budgets.

EPL is fine at the moment due to demand by tv stations for the rights, Sky know if they try to play hard with the English Premier League then ESPN could come in and snap up the rights instead, or even another big broadcaster who wants to move in to the British market. But at the same time you are right that the moment that bubble of tv money breaks then a disaster could befall the league. Over the last season or two attendences at the middle sized clubs in the league have been dropping dramatically. Its now quite common to see stadia in the league to have big areas of empty seats (outside the top 7 at least.)

Something interesting is the German league's attitude towards TV deals. To use their tv deal to subsidise ticket prices (not to all seats, there are some seats that are similar prices to here and the EPL.) I think their attitude towards how to set up a league and run clubs (fans have a 51% controlling stake in the club (though it doesn't necessarily mean a club cant be owned by someone else, Hoffenheim for example are owned by a billionaire who has more then a 49% stake of the club but he was able to get around the rules by him having only 49% voting rights. And while it has got one team that dominates more often then not in Bayern Munich, a team who have a much larger income then any other club in the league, other teams win the league.

As others have said, the league is in a downward spiral. To me the problem is twofold, one the domination of the old firm to choke any competition in the league and secondly concentrating on a tv deal which though gave short term peace of mind forced that league could not make major changes by Sky dictating in the terms of the deal 4 old firm matches a season (ignoring what happens if one of the two dont make the top six.) Scottish football needs to rip everything up and start again. It needs to put fans coming through the turnstyles first and then after that is strong it can seek better tv deals. It needs to take a radical look at every stage. Merging the SPL and SFL, pyramid system, 4G aritifical pitches being used by lower league clubs etc. We need to have the running of the league and clubs like the German league and on the playing side and promotion of youth like the Dutch league.

At this point in Scottish football we are at a critical moment. We can as some chairmen are already doing, moan and panic for the short term, or we can seize the moment and change Scottish football from a failing game to something the country can be proud of again.

Walter Bishop

Supposed leaked email doing the rounds on Twitter............. :omg!:

email.jpg

Edited by jamiej29

Toxteth O'Grady

email.jpg

Lee Wallace!

People need to stop worrying about the importance of the TV deal as UEFA will never sanction a domestic league where placings are pre-determined

before a ball is kicked competitively e.g.where two of the teams can't be relegated or both teams must finish in

the top six! Given that any newco Rangers will probably be seriously affected in terms of finance and player quality, they

may struggle to finish top six. Does anyone really believe that UEFA would allow eg. a seventh placed newco Rangers

to 'swop' places with a sixth place Kilmarnock for the purpose of a live TV match. As much as I believe UEFA are not paragons of virtue,

they will never allow this to happen!

jamboinglasgow

So does anyone know what happens with the players away on loan from Rangers, do they get recalled?

As per usual we have a typical Scottish mentality that we NEED Rangers in the SPL so that we make as much money from a TV deal as possible. How exactly has any TV deal signed by the SPL benefitted any team apart from the OF?

How about going all radical and actually talking to Sky/ESPN about whether they would be interested in coming on board with the SPL like Rugby League did and making it a COMPETATIVE competition?? Mental I know, but it might just work. Clubs forced into only using 60% of turnover to pay wages rather than 120% trying to catch two teams with vastly more resources.

Scottish football MUST change and it must change NOW.

Lee Wallace!

If he's released, does that get them off the hook with what they owe us, surely not? If it does, then that would be the only reason for it as otherwise he's a saleable asset for them.

Boab Mugabe

email.jpg

If that's legit...

:greggy:

As per usual we have a typical Scottish mentality that we NEED Rangers in the SPL so that we make as much money from a TV deal as possible. How exactly has any TV deal signed by the SPL benefitted any team apart from the OF?

How about going all radical and actually talking to Sky/ESPN about whether they would be interested in coming on board with the SPL like Rugby League did and making it a COMPETATIVE competition?? Mental I know, but it might just work. Clubs forced into only using 60% of turnover to pay wages rather than 120% trying to catch two teams with vastly more resources.

The article from the US, that someone posted a link to recently, was the best I'd seen from an impartial source looking at the game in Scotland and seeing it for what it is. It also suggested that what's happening with Rangers could be used as impetus to restructure Scottish football for the betterment of all.

If only our own press could be so impartial and positive.

If he's released, does that get them off the hook with what they owe us, surely not? If it does, then that would be the only reason for it as otherwise he's a saleable asset for them.

I doubt it. If Lee Wallace was to die or break his legs, they would still be due us cash.... unless there is games played clause for the rest of the money.

To be honest, I think that email is fake.

Tommy Wiseau

Anyone could mock up that email FFS :lol:

Chances of them binning McCabe Grass after putting him in the first team yesterday are slim I'd say. They still need players to fulfill their fixtures and he is cheaper than most.

jamboinglasgow

Ah right. Remember who posted it at all? :)

I think a few of these are going around at the moment. I remember someone posted either Thursday or Friday a list of players going which was:

Goian, McCulloch, Broadfoot, Little, Alexander, Bartley, Naismith (unknown whether it was Steven or Kal,) Papac, Aluko, Healy, Kerkar

People are just guessing really.

Lee Wallace!

I wondered about the Lee Wallace situation. If Rankgers offload him now it could mean that any new owner would not have to pay Hearts the money due in Summer as he is no longer a Rankgers asset.

The administrators are clearing future debts due by Rankgers to make them more attractive to prospective new owners. This is why they are contesting the Ticketus deal so vigorously.

Walter Bishop

Ah right. Remember who posted it at all? :)

No, i typed in rangerstaxcase in the search box and found it onvarious tweets.

They wouldn't though.

They like the SPL would have to accept without Rangers the package was worth less and settle on a lower fee.

You can say without fail that if Rangers go the corporate deals go down.

Its worth noting the SPL is private and is to protect the league. They arent there to fulfil any obligations to further football in this country or protect fans. They are there simply for the best of the teams in that league and anyone who thinks the chairman will kick rangers out and bring up an extra 1st div club or not relegate dunfermline is living on a different planet.

Even if Rangers survive their team will be so weakened that Old Firm games will not be worth watching. We won comfortably at Ibrox yesterday before they start their redundancies. What will Celtic do to them in a few weeks time when Rangers have shed 8,11 or whatever number of players. The TV contract, if it includes the old firm clause, is already dead I think. It needs to be re-negotiated along with the agreement re how the money is split.

...a bit disco

No, i typed in rangerstaxcase in the search box and found it onvarious tweets.

I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand but here is it's 'source'.

https://twitter.com/#!/gergderkson

Make of it what you will.

Tynecastle Valhalla

good post, i totally agree

A web developer with a shit homepage.

:)

18 years old, and part of the celtic family as well.

That email is 100% bullshit.

portobellojambo1

I wondered about the Lee Wallace situation. If Rankgers offload him now it could mean that any new owner would not have to pay Hearts the money due in Summer as he is no longer a Rankgers asset.

The administrators are clearing future debts due by Rankgers to make them more attractive to prospective new owners. This is why they are contesting the Ticketus deal so vigorously.

As someone else previously posted it doesn't matter if Lee Wallace were to fall down dead tomorrow (which would limit his chances of being selected by Rangers again), Rangers are still due HMFC money, and releasing him doesn't get them out of that arrangement. In fact HMFC could pick him up on Tuesday and re-sign him for nothing if they wanted to do so, and still get the money they are due.

Guest GhostHunter

As someone else previously posted it doesn't matter if Lee Wallace were to fall down dead tomorrow (which would limit his chances of being selected by Rangers again), Rangers are still due HMFC money, and releasing him doesn't get them out of that arrangement. In fact HMFC could pick him up on Tuesday and re-sign him for nothing if they wanted to do so, and still get the money they are due.

:interesting:

Would the SFA even get a say in it?

Surely the SPL chooses it's own members.

Are you the phoenix hun banner boy? Sure fighting their corner.

Sooner Rangers die the better. And preference is they do not come back.

Would happily see Sky piss off if it meant the old firm dominance ending this season. I do not believe the league would be owned by Celtic, and the new level of competition would bring more fans through the turnstyles and eventually lead to a better national game overall.

To me its a win / win scenario and well worth the risk.

...a bit disco

And here is why McCoist can never be accused of being a managerial great.

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

"

He said: "It's not my job, I'm not making anybody redundant, I'm not telling anybody they have lost their job.

"I won't be [in with the players] but I will be waiting outside if and when it happens.

"My job is to support and be there, which I will be."

No Ally. You're job is to M-A-N-A-G-E.

You are not a glorified counsellor for feck sake.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Are you the phoenix hun banner boy? Sure fighting their corner.

Sooner Rangers die the better. And preference is they do not come back.

Would happily see Sky piss off if it meant the old firm dominance ending this season. I do not believe the league would be owned by Celtic, and the new level of competition would bring more fans through the turnstyles and eventually lead to a better national game overall.

To me its a win / win scenario and well worth the risk.

Exactly my view.

"

He said: "It's not my job, I'm not making anybody redundant, I'm not telling anybody they have lost their job.

"I won't be [in with the players] but I will be waiting outside if and when it happens.

Also being 10 points behind Celtic is another indication of why he is not great manager.

Can't imagine Rangers would release Wallace. He's a medium earner at most, sellable and whether they make him redundant or not has absolutely no grounding to the money they owe us. The only thing they could do would to be to try and punt his registration back to us in lieu of the debt.

Doubt a lot of the younger guys are necessary being released. Wonder if any of them have clauses that say if they play they will get wage rises and the administrators want them to agree to not invoke these.

Whilst I think Papac, McCulloch, Alexander and probably Bocanegra are gone cannot see why they would be looking to shift guys like McCabe, Kerkar, Wylde who won't be on massive wages and could play.

If that list is legit do they have enough players left? can't see it.

Also being 10 points behind Celtic is another indication of why he is not great manager.

Let's not give him any credit at all is 11 with the deduction taken off.

Is he even a decent coach? He should've remained as an assistant or started in the lower leagues.

At least he will be remembered as Rangers last manager :whistling:

Don't really want Rangers to die. Too many people adversely affected.

I would prefer to see them struggle along in the 3rd division with ?100m of debt to repay over 5 years. No TV cash, SPL or European money to help out.

I want to see the media squirm as they try their hardest to give oxygen to a 3rd division side.

I want to see how many of their supporters 'don't do walking away' while their team consists of relatively well paid journeymen plying their trade in Elgin and Montrose.

I want to see a competitive SPL where the Aberdeens, Dundee Utds, Motherwells and Hearts can aspire to 2nd place in the short term and even the league itself as the crowds return to games that matter.

It won't happen of course.

Francis Albert

"

I wonder to whom , come the end of the season, he was going to delegate the job of breaking the news to youngsters that they hadn't made the grade and were being released, as happens at every club every year. A much more devastating blow than some millionaire having to change jobs (again).

I would prefer to see them struggle along in the 3rd division with ?100m of debt to repay over 5 years. No TV cash, SPL or European money to help out.

I want to see the media squirm as they try their hardest to give oxygen to a 3rd division side.

I want to see how many of their supporters 'don't do walking away' while their team consists of relatively well paid journeymen plying their trade in Elgin and Montrose.

I want to see a competitive SPL where the Aberdeens, Dundee Utds, Motherwells and Hearts can aspire to 2nd place in the short term and even the league itself as the crowds return to games that matter.

What do you mean? Because if they are struggling with 100M debt in division 3 then surely the affected people (assuming you mean non footballing staff) would still be affected as they would be surplus to requirements is a vastly downsized club.

Also I'm sure they could find another job at Hearts as we will be expanding as our club grows and grows :thumbsup:

Craig Herbertson

EPL is fine at the moment due to demand by tv stations for the rights, Sky know if they try to play hard with the English Premier League then ESPN could come in and snap up the rights instead, or even another big broadcaster who wants to move in to the British market. But at the same time you are right that the moment that bubble of tv money breaks then a disaster could befall the league. Over the last season or two attendences at the middle sized clubs in the league have been dropping dramatically. Its now quite common to see stadia in the league to have big areas of empty seats (outside the top 7 at least.)

Something interesting is the German league's attitude towards TV deals. To use their tv deal to subsidise ticket prices (not to all seats, there are some seats that are similar prices to here and the EPL.) I think their attitude towards how to set up a league and run clubs (fans have a 51% controlling stake in the club (though it doesn't necessarily mean a club cant be owned by someone else, Hoffenheim for example are owned by a billionaire who has more then a 49% stake of the club but he was able to get around the rules by him having only 49% voting rights. And while it has got one team that dominates more often then not in Bayern Munich, a team who have a much larger income then any other club in the league, other teams win the league.

As others have said, the league is in a downward spiral. To me the problem is twofold, one the domination of the old firm to choke any competition in the league and secondly concentrating on a tv deal which though gave short term peace of mind forced that league could not make major changes by Sky dictating in the terms of the deal 4 old firm matches a season (ignoring what happens if one of the two dont make the top six.) Scottish football needs to rip everything up and start again. It needs to put fans coming through the turnstyles first and then after that is strong it can seek better tv deals. It needs to take a radical look at every stage. Merging the SPL and SFL, pyramid system, 4G aritifical pitches being used by lower league clubs etc. We need to have the running of the league and clubs like the German league and on the playing side and promotion of youth like the Dutch league.

At this point in Scottish football we are at a critical moment. We can as some chairmen are already doing, moan and panic for the short term, or we can seize the moment and change Scottish football from a failing game to something the country can be proud of again.

:thumbsup:

"

Actually, Mcoist himself should be equally 'at risk' as any other RFC employee, and should therefore not be in the decision making process, or have the job to tell people they are redundant. That is the job of the administrators, who are (supposed to) represent the creditors.

Noone should be given immunity from any decision the administrators make, but it seems AM has been given this, as he constantly goes on about not walking away. That Ally, is not your call, you could quite rightly be asked to do just that, as no doubt your salary will be a healthy sum.

Edited by ericb

willie wallace

Are managers not always bleating on about they should be the only ones who make decisions regarding who plays and who does not.I know this is different but he surely must be involved.

I'm torn between this and them being wiped out entirely, decisions decisions. :whistling:

Are managers not always bleating on about they should be the only ones who make decisions regarding who plays and who does not.I know this is different but he surely must be involved.

he is only involved if he can, with pfa help, broker a player deferral of wages arrangement.

However its well past that stage now as we will see tomorrow.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic