The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

@Daily_Record: Revealed: Rangers bosses knew about Craig Whyte's shady business deadlings BEFORE Ibrox takeover http://t.co/vm33dFJv

As others have said nothing new that we didn't know about and that Johnston, Bain and Greig seriously recommended Murray not to sell to Whyte.

But he did, and only for a pound.

Must be pretty galling all this for the Rangers fans knowing that, according to Jabba anyway, Lloyds were more than comfortably with Rangers borrowing facilities and the club's future course under SDM.

I know we have our own worries, but one of the prominent contributors on McConville's blog seems to imply that Hearts don't have dual contracts.

So Vlad and Minty may both be a bit greedy, and may both get their (clubs) fingers burned, or should that be cremated, by the tax man, but at least on a sporting perspective we can still accuse CheatCo of being CheatCo, whereas we are in the clear.

Spiers has been treated quite badly by Rangers fans over the years.

It's quite amusing that there are many who hold basketcase Leggat in higher esteem than Spiers. They really are a bunch of morons.

What Spiers fails to mention though is that as a club, Rangers have been using intimidation tactics for ever.

From the Murray years and succulent lamb, to Green's bombasity and McCoist's "who are these people?" threats.

On the pitch, you only need to see how their players badger and cajole referees into decision making.

An horrible football club and their "we arra peepil" mentality and "no one likes us" paranoia makes them footballing fascisti in my eyes.

A cancer on the Scottish game and on Scottish society.

The Mighty Thor

What Spiers fails to mention though is that as a club, Rangers have been using intimidation tactics for ever.

From the Murray years and succulent lamb, to Green's bombasity and McCoist's "who are these people?" threats.

On the pitch, you only need to see how their players badger and cajole referees into decision making.

An horrible football club and their "we arra peepil" mentality and "no one likes us" paranoia makes them footballing fascisti in my eyes.

A cancer that Scottish football and Scottish society had the chance to eradicate in the summer but didn't. We shat it. To our collective eternal shame, we shat it.:(

This thought occurred to me when Naismith had a penatly claim for Everton in the Merseyside derby on Sunday past. He just seemed to shrug and accept where as when playing for the huns he would have turned round screaming with his arms flapping wildly like a demented octopus.

He also never acknowledges that perhaps other people aren't as strong willed/nonchalent about the whole thing as he is. Now perhaps its tacit, but to say it's awful but it never really bothered me is to leave the surfaced unscratched.

Spiers has been treated quite badly by Rangers fans over the years.

It's quite amusing that there are many who hold basketcase Leggat in higher esteem than Spiers. They really are a bunch of morons.

There's at least one posts on here.... :whistling:

There's at least one posts on here.... :whistling:

Yup!

Quotes him word for word and takes it all as gospel.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Slightly off topic but I've just finished reading McScrabble's book, which I bought as a protest against the serialisation not occurring. If you haven't bought it I wouldn't bother.

Francis Albert

May have been posted but I see the Record is reporting that Green is keen for old Wattie to join his "Rangers revolution". I know it's the Record, but using the same phrase they used as a "stickie" for Whyte's takeover? Amazing.

May have been posted but I see the Record is reporting that Green is keen for old Wattie to join his "Rangers revolution". I know it's the Record, but using the same phrase they used as a "stickie" for Whyte's takeover? Amazing.

It was all over the back page of The Sun today, yet more playing to the galleries from Chuck.

He may be a bit crazy but he sure knows how to play to the stands doesn't he??

jamboinglasgow

The Daily Record's attempt to have a go at Whyte feels like the Daily Mail in 1945 really getting stuck into Hitler. Both hoping no one remembers when they printed these peoples BS and backed them without question.The Daily Record lost what credability it had as a sports paper in the past year and a half, doing Charles Greens dirty work on Whyte is just continuing the tradition of it being as the lackey to Rangers owners.

The Daily Record's attempt to have a go at Whyte feels like the Daily Mail in 1945 really getting stuck into Hitler. Both hoping no one remembers when they printed these peoples BS and backed them without question.

Gosh, if you can remember what that felt like, you must be much older than I thought.

I would say the Duffers will have squeaky sphincters at this precise moment.

They sure will and I doubt they will be alone on that front.

:pleasing:

Seems we've lost a few hundred pages after the wee update... :teehee:

Just seeing if I can edit posts now... Hurrah!

Edited by Kurgan

Geoff Kilpatrick

Here we go!

Paul McConville

@Paulmcc12

Collyer Bristow ? lawyers for oldco #rangers oppose administration ending

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hmmm, so why would Collyer Bristow oppose liquidation? Does this mean Shooter opposes liquidation because of the way the Duffers carried out the admin process?

...a bit disco

Here we go!

Paul McConville

@Paulmcc12

Collyer Bristow ? lawyers for oldco #rangers oppose administration ending

:cornette:

Things are looking up!

:jjyay:

...a bit disco

Hmmm, so why would Collyer Bristow oppose liquidation? Does this mean Shooter opposes liquidation because of the way the Duffers carried out the admin process?

Unless they are part of Team Whytes plan to nobble Team Eckythump?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Someone put it into simple terms please?

Well, no one is quite sure at the moment what Collyer Bristow are up to but given they acted for Shooter, it could mean he is objecting to the asset disposal in the administration process, stopping BDO coming in.

Whether Lord Hodge has accepted that or not remains to be seen.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Apparently Lord Hodge wants a copy of the Shooter tape with Grier but BBC won't hand it over so it may need a court order.

Two things:

1. The Duffers are fecked

2. The BBC have even more stuff to come out

The Mighty Thor

Apparently Lord Hodge wants a copy of the Shooter tape with Grier but BBC won't hand it over so it may need a court order.

Two things:

1. The Duffers are fecked

2. The BBC have even more stuff to come out

It's getting interesting again. Hopefully Lord Hodge will look into the indecent haste with which the assets were disposed of, not to mention the 'market price' attained.

Any news on whether Duff & Phelps have handed over their report claiming they have no conflict of interest - or is that what they're doing today?

It's getting interesting again. Hopefully Lord Hodge will look into the indecent haste with which the assets were disposed of, not to mention the 'market price' attained.

I don't think it's ever stopped being interesting!

Still can't see how justice will be done and seen to be done. And that's at many levels.

From STV journo who's attending the court...can't tweet from inside obviously so must be on a break atm. Sorry if old ground..

Cara Sulieman ?@carasulieman

Right. Duff & Phelps are applying to end administration and hand over to BDO for liquidation. The "estate" handed over would include ?1.7m in cash plus "other assets". However, Collyer Bristow, one of the creditors, are opposing the petition. It's technically two petitions - one to end administration and another to appoint liquidators. Lord Hodge being asked to consider both.

D&P say the main purpose of the administration - "to maintain the company as a going concern" - was not achieved. But they maintain they achieved another "minor objective" of "getting a better return".

We haven't heard from Collyer Bristow yet so not heard detail of their objection, D&P told Lord Hodge Collyer Bristow did not vote on latest round of resolutions, which included today's action.

D&P say the main purpose of the administration - "to maintain the company as a going concern" - was not achieved. But they maintain they achieved another "minor objective" of "getting a better return".

Interesting choice of words from D&P given they achieved the main goal of ensuring the "business" of Rangers FC was migrated to a new shell company so it could continue.

Effectively the primary business structures were mapped to a new company killing the original Rangers corporate framework.

Apologies if already posted but couldn't see it.

http://www.scotsman....newco-1-2606562

I know they've been saying this would be the case anyway but I honestly thought there was a chance newco would be hit with the dual contract penalties.

The tax case is a seperate matter from the dual contracts issue. The tax case is a matter for HMRC, and hopefully the Police, and the dual contracts are a matter for the football authorities and will be dealt with by the panel chaired by Lord Nimmo-Smith.

Edited by audrey65

Douglas Fraser?@BBCDouglsFraser

Lawyers trying to block wind-up of #Rangers administration tell court ?2m extra outlays only revealed this month, and not to all creditors

Douglas Fraser?@BBCDouglsFraser

Oldco #Rangers administrators took ?2.5m fee from funds without proper permission, court told. It 'rectified' this later.

Diadora Van Basten

Was thinking the same. Can anyone explain what is going to be liquidated apart from a name?

the old company has a measly 1.7 million that will be split between creditors who are due 120 million. Once again despite huge evidence of a conflict of interest and a below market transfer to newco rangers have gotten away with it.

Hmrc bottled it, sfa bottled it and now the judge has bottled it.

the old company has a measly 1.7 million that will be split between creditors who are due 120 million. Once again despite huge evidence of a conflict of interest and a below market transfer to newco rangers have gotten away with it.

I dont think the judge has bottled it as he is setting a new date to look at the evidence from the BBC,

I think

Diadora Van Basten

I dont think the judge has bottled it as he is setting a new date to look at the evidence from the BBC,

I think

I just read that a deal had been agreed.

If you think back to the mark daly bbc programme the lawyer or accountant looking at the appointment of duff and phelps as administrators described it as one of the worst examples of conflicts of interest he has ever seen.

If the judge has signed off the administration process despite the conflict of interest then in my opinion he is turning a blind eye to the rules.

john brownlee

said that all along the judge had laid his cards on the table before the hearing making way for them to get away with it and you could say he bottled it then and

he has bottled it again maybe he was due a jiffy bag through the post as it seems to be the norm now. and that stinks too

Geoff Kilpatrick

I just read that a deal had been agreed.

If you think back to the mark daly bbc programme the lawyer or accountant looking at the appointment of duff and phelps as administrators described it as one of the worst examples of conflicts of interest he has ever seen.

If the judge has signed off the administration process despite the conflict of interest then in my opinion he is turning a blind eye to the rules.

If Duff and Phelps are still liable to Lord Hodge it should mean that they haven't been paid and he wants the new evidence as part of his conflict of interest determination.

I think BDO's pot will grow by ?4m.

BDO now own OldRangers so do they have the power to reverse the rip-off asset sale to Sevco?

I think they do and will.

If I'm right, Sevco will soon cease to be.

Ha!

Diadora Van Basten

If Duff and Phelps are still liable to Lord Hodge it should mean that they haven't been paid and he wants the new evidence as part of his conflict of interest determination.

I think BDO's pot will grow by ?4m.

possible that duff and phelps will be punished and possibly have to repay fees.

However I think if a conflict is proven then they should be liable for the difference between the market value of the assets transferred notably ibrox, the car park and Murray park and the 1.5 million they sold them for.

Hmrc however seem quite comfortable despite these valuations ever being made public.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic