The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Walter Bishop

That has been the stance taken all along Gasman, but the person who has been voicing this opinion more than most has been Charlie Green himself.

I simply cannot see that having got to this stage all that can or will be dished out is a slap on the wrists and a request not to do it again. I guess one of the next steps will be for Duff and Phelps to close off the administration aspect, and the liquidators to officially begin their duties. That is when the fun could begin, as based on the results of these findings, they can then set about liquidating the old club to the maximum benefit of the creditors. I would imagine the main bone of contention in that could be the sale of the assets of the old club at a knock down price to Green, which wasn't even remotely close to beneficial to the creditors. Get that decision overturned legally, and The Rangers could then find themselves up shit creek without a paddle. Ibrox and Murray Park sold from under their feet, the remaining players potentially sold for the benefit of the creditors (all done at very best price of course, things which the administrators should have done, without hesitation), and Bob's your uncle. Game over.

praying.jpg

Barney Rubble

That has been the stance taken all along Gasman, but the person who has been voicing this opinion more than most has been Charlie Green himself.

I simply cannot see that having got to this stage all that can or will be dished out is a slap on the wrists and a request not to do it again. I guess one of the next steps will be for Duff and Phelps to close off the administration aspect, and the liquidators to officially begin their duties. That is when the fun could begin, as based on the results of these findings, they can then set about liquidating the old club to the maximum benefit of the creditors. I would imagine the main bone of contention in that could be the sale of the assets of the old club at a knock down price to Green, which wasn't even remotely close to beneficial to the creditors. Get that decision overturned legally, and The Rangers could then find themselves up shit creek without a paddle. Ibrox and Murray Park sold from under their feet, the remaining players potentially sold for the benefit of the creditors (all done at very best price of course, things which the administrators should have done, without hesitation), and Bob's your uncle. Game over.

:keegan: :keegan: :keegan: :keegan:

Oh I do hope so.

If BDO decide not to get involved with newco then the next best solution would be a dual contracts punishment of all relevant trophies withdrawn and an extension to the transfer embargo - another 2 years perhaps ? It would also be useful to have some indication available to potential investors before the flotation :whistling:

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I wonder if we can expect for the first time in the next week or two some outrage in the Scottish media about the theft from taxpayers of over 100m quid - you know with ilustrations of the number of doctors and nurses or hospital beds or teachers or schools or proper armoured vehicles or benefits giros the money could have bought .

No, I don't eally wonder at all.

More of "this great Scottish instition and their fans have been to hell and back" I guess.

Of course there won't be outrage in the media. They have far more important stories to tell us about - like six players at Hearts having wages delayed by less than a week. An event that surely has the potential to stop the earth rotating on its axis, possibly heralding the extinction of all mankind. Hearts MUST be punished IMMEDIATELY with a huge points deduction and fines because that will really help those players.

Of course there won't be outrage in the media. They have far more important stories to tell us about - like six players at Hearts having wages delayed by less than a week. An event that surely has the potential to stop the earth rotating on its axis, possibly heralding the extinction of all mankind. Hearts MUST be punished IMMEDIATELY with a huge points deduction and fines because that will really help those players.

Scottish Football is nearly as screwed as the church of Scotland!

Although technically green had nothing to do with the ebts scandal, he's also quite happy to tell all & sundry that he bought their 140 year old history, well in that case we'll take back the league titles & cups rangers oldco stole/illegally won..

Simples...:D

You wouldn't need a newco / oldco connection to do that.

It could've happened even if there was no newco.

In fact, Green would accept that more than something resulting in financial loss I'm sure. But of course he won't tell the Orcs that.

They'll just point out that it has nothing to do with Charles Green's Rangers FC, it relates to an old Club which is about to be wound up. Move along now, nothing to see here.... :sad:

They would only be relaying what HMRC have already stated.

john brownlee

believe it will be a slap on the wrists and back to the top league without further punishment, hunbox and murray park will remain in the hands of newrankers that you can be as sure of, as the hobos not winning the big cup. It stinks, wait for monday and see who gets punished

portobellojambo1

Although technically green had nothing to do with the ebts scandal, he's also quite happy to tell all & sundry that he bought their 140 year old history, well in that case we'll take back the league titles & cups rangers oldco stole/illegally won..

Simples...:D

While that might piss off Charles Green, Ally McCoist and others associated with Rangers I honestly wouldn't consider that as any sort of victory for what is right, and law abiding tax payers. I'm not convinced the creditors would be doing cartwheels if they were informed that 8/9/10 titles were to be taken off a company that is about to be wound up, and the newly formed hybrid will just bash on as is.

kingantti1874

I've avoided this thread for the last couple of months but with the result of the btc about to be announced what's the word... What's the chance of 0 impact on sevco?

@rangerstaxcase: We can expect this FTT to find for an underpayment of ?18-20m with another ?18-20m in interest.

kingantti1874

@rangerstaxcase: And to be clear, RFC cannot pay. It is also extremely unlikely that HMRC would even try to go after Sevco for any of the bill.

@rangerstaxcase: And to be clear, RFC cannot pay. It is also extremely unlikely that HMRC would even try to go after Sevco for any of the bill.

So it's all or nothing on the dual contracts.

Although if Hector went after the old directors I'd :loveit: to see minty on Princes Street with a blanket and a greyhound.

Edit - We may still have friends in the SFO.

Edited by DETTY29

@rangerstaxcase: We can expect this FTT to find for an underpayment of ?18-20m with another ?18-20m in interest.

If that's the amount did they really have to go into administration as it seems an amount they could have traded out off.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've avoided this thread for the last couple of months but with the result of the btc about to be announced what's the word... What's the chance of 0 impact on sevco?

The BTC result will quash the Minty bollocks about administrative errors but you are correct, Sevco shouldn't be impacted.

What they need to worry about is BDO and the liquidation process.

In theory, yes, this could happen, but in practice it is extremely unlikely to.

BDO will go through everything with a fine toothed comb, but (IMO) they are very unlikely to apply to the Court of Session to get any previous descisions on assets sales overturned. If they find / suspect any wrongdoing, they are far more likely to go after the companies / individuals involved in that, which may include D&P but is unlikely to include NewCo.

Buying something cheaply is not and offence (criminal or civil) but in these circumstances, selling it cheaply could be.

I can't really see this having any direct impact on Green, or on NewCo, unless of course there was a link between him, D&P and/or Whyte, to create this situation deliberately....

Geoff Kilpatrick

In theory, yes, this could happen, but in practice it is extremely unlikely to.

BDO will go through everything with a fine toothed comb, but (IMO) they are very unlikely to apply to the Court of Session to get any previous descisions on assets sales overturned. If they find / suspect any wrongdoing, they are far more likely to go after the companies / individuals involved in that, which may include D&P but is unlikely to include NewCo.

Buying something cheaply is not and offence (criminal or civil) but in these circumstances, selling it cheaply could be.

I can't really see this having any direct impact on Green, or on NewCo, unless of course there was a link between him, D&P and/or Whyte, to create this situation deliberately....

You mean like the Zeus Capital/Ticketus connection? :)

You mean like the Zeus Capital/Ticketus connection? :)

Amongst others, yes..!

If it turns out these links are more than just coincidence, and are part of some Machiavellian plot, then it may, just may, drop NewCo in the shite.

I still think its far more likely that NewCo will get off (relatively) unscathed, but that individuals will find themselves being struck off, banned as directors, and possibly even facing substantial fines or jail time, for criminal offences.

CW and SDM are the ones that are in the wrong and they are the ones that they should go after. That is fair.

Unless SFO discover any links between Allenby Holdings, Imran, Whyte AND Green and how a complete shyster like Whyte was introduced to Murray in the first place.

Barney Rubble

CW and SDM are the ones that are in the wrong and they are the ones that they should go after. That is fair.

Yeah and the SFA should then have the bollocks to rescind the sevco franchise league membership which is totally illegal that would be fair ! IMO !

Edited by Detective Starsky

Amongst others, yes..!

If it turns out these links are more than just coincidence, and are part of some Machiavellian plot, then it may, just may, drop NewCo in the shite.

I still think its far more likely that NewCo will get off (relatively) unscathed, but that individuals will find themselves being struck off, banned as directors, and possibly even facing substantial fines or jail time, for criminal offences.

Green maybe quite correct in that he may not have met face to face with Whyte that many times, and it is under debate when they first met, but the links surrounding Allenby Capital and who knew who as associates are the key. However it will be up to Strathclyde Polica and the SFO to determine this and identify if there are any cases to answer.

Where I do have sympathy with Rangers fans is that this reeks and is no fault of theirs. And,slowly they are turning on Murray. They know that Rangers could not have traded their way out of ?40-?50m of tax dues that Hector would have wanted back in less than 24 months. So liquidation was inevitable.

But I do lose sympathy because they are becoming smug that will come back to the top debt free and now they are not happy that our transfer registration embargo was kept secret and it's an anti Rangers, Lawwell/SPL conspiracy. Seriously.

And I still want someone to explain to me why in the eyes of the press, other clubs, and some Hearts fans, what we are doing by struggling to pay wages late, but in full are equal of what these absolute charlatans that have been involved with Rangers since at least 1988 have been doing. Gives me the boak.

Edited by DETTY29

Hagar the Horrible

What I will say is and I for one have been proved wrong is that nearly 48,000 people turned up on Saturday for a third division Derby match, I said months ago by now they would be sitting at 20k or so, so yes its very possible there is interest up to ?17m but until their fans know exactly what they are getting, and these questions are answered:

accounts published

to find out if it's just buying into the club name,

is Ibrox and MP included as an asset, who own these?

who are the mystery backers?

what percentage is being offered (bear in mind the club itself was only bought for ?3m) if 20% is being offered then they value the club at ?100m for example)

Are the backers getting a return on investment i.e. ?11m plus they get to keep their shares albeit diluted share

Is any of the money going into funding the running of the club?

What happens if they fail to reach their target?

of they only get to the ?11m mark will 100% of that go to the investors first?

Is ticketus still involved?

Rangers fans are not as stupid as they are Mr Green looking, but most will be emotional investors, believing if there is enough of them they will have a say.

the club is only valued at what you can sell Ibrox and MP off (legally) Green bough the clubs name for ?3m the other ?2.5m was player registrations if they do say we will offer 20% equity for ?20m then somebody must question the value at ?100m as within minutes their shares will be only worth the true value estimated at around ?20m. so for your ?500 investment, within minutes it will be worth ?100, but that's ok if you are just an emotional investor, but it will rule out actual investors.

Lets face it, if you had the full ?20m yourself, you would want 100% equity for that, in fact you would offer only ?11m which will double Greens money and the remaining ?9m you would need to pump into the club just to get it kick started. This is what Rangers fans would be better off doing. or wait until after the floatation and for the money you could have 2500 shares rather than 500 24 hours later?

If I was a Rangers fan and the ?17m pledge was serious, they could have total fans buy out for that and still have ?6 for the running of the club which would buy some time.

What I will say is and I for one have been proved wrong is that nearly 48,000 people turned up on Saturday for a third division Derby match, I said months ago by now they would be sitting at 20k or so

The levels of support surprise me - as far as i'm concerned the ones i know continue to support their team exactly as before by sitting on their hands and not going to Ibrox.

The 48k turning up - well i think you need to consider the pricing. The costs came down a bit - there will be many who jumped on the "we're doing our bit" bandwaggon. You can almost guarantee that there's a load of jobless bevy merchants who've signed up for the season cause they can make their benefits stretch a bit with the reduced prices.

The other argument is that the novelty hasn't worn off - Rangers fans are more simple minded than your average Scotsman and think it's amazing that their SPL players are in the 3rd division scraping wins. :woot:

They have three reasons to go to Ibrox: The club, fair enough, but also spite for the SPL and its teams:

Their religious/biggotry ( even without Celtic playing them)

and their sense of Unionism, I suppose. Their terraces largely exhibit a political demo of sorts. THey are also on a 'brit' type demo.

So they don't think the same way most other club supporters think.

They largely don't need to think, they have layers of embedded assumptions: Gers - superior : protestants - superior and Unionist - superior.

These were all developed before the year 1900 so that is at least 3-4 generations of bigots. Almost certainly that could be take back to

around 1690 and of course pre-dates Rangers.

BUT I think it explains why they pesist in turning up.

Of course I expect them to be let down by Green, but that is a separate issue. PS dont get me wrong I am a Gorgie boy.

Edited by Alva-Jambo

...a bit disco

48,000 may have turned up but only about 20,000 saw the second goal go in.

Ibrox still empties quicker than the Hibs end at Hampden BEFORE the final whistle.

Hagar the Horrible

FRom the STV but I like the fact they now hate being called the Old Firm, they need to be reminded that they were called the Old Firm due to a match fixing scandal and as such stop calling the kettle black!

STV news article

Celtic shareholders have called on the club?s board to opt out of joint sponsorship deals with rivals Rangers.

In a resolution to be placed before the Parkhead club?s annual general meeting next month, a group of shareholders describes the sponsorship deal as "increasingly unpopular with supporters".

The shareholders ask in the proposal for the board to end the current join sponsorship deal the two Glasgow clubs have with Tennent's and either find an alternative, play with no sponsor or seek a suitable charity to promote on the offiical kit, in a similar move that Barcelona took with Unicef.

In response to the shareholders? resolution, the Celtic board has stated that it would not back such a proposal as it would "seriously limit the number of potential sponsors available and hinder the company unnecessarily in any sponsorship negotiations that did take place."

The resolution put forward by a group of unidentified Celtic plc shareholders states: "In recent years the joint shirt sponsorship with Rangers FC has become increasingly unpopular with supporters, as has the term 'Old Firm'. This is an opportunity for Celtic FC to distance itself from this unwanted alliance and pursue its own path, which, given the financial and other difficulties, including alleged serious misconduct, currently being experienced by Rangers, is expedient and highly desirable.

"In the event of a sponsor not being willing to deal with Celtic alone, the club should still refuse joint sponsorship and play without a shirt sponsor. The club could then celebrate its charitable roots and seek the agreement of an appropriate charity, preferably locally based, and display a suitable logo on the match shirt."

Celtic and Rangers signed a sponsorship deal with Tennent's in 2010, which comes to an end next year.

In response to the resolution, the club?s board stated that sponsorship deals are "shaped not only by what the board considers to be in the company?s best interests but also the commercial position of the proposed sponsor, and the marketplace."

The board added: "The terms and conditions upon which such transactions are entered into are commercially confidential. Whether a sponsor also wishes to contract with another football club is a matter for that sponsor, taking account of its own commercial interests and objectives.

"The directors consider that the approach suggested would seriously limit the number of potential sponsors available and hinder the company unnecessarily in any sponsorship negotiations that did take place. That is not considered to be in the best interests of the company and shareholders are therefore recommended to vote against the resolution."

Thanks a bunch, PJ. Am reading this at my desk at work and I just came in my pants.... how am I supposed to sneak out without anyone noticing? :verymad:

Brian McNally?@McNallyMirror

Rangers chief Charles Green issues yet another ?clarification? on death threats from own fans. He made 1st claim on hiding in safe houses

(I've asked where I can read this.)

Green clarifies death threats

?The reality is there were a few occasions in the very early days where I was clearly not the flavour of the month among some sections of the fanbase and I was subject to taunts and abuse.

?However, that was short-lived and the fans are now behind me and the board and we have all moved on together.

?I just want to make it clear that I believe Rangers fans are the best in the world and that is my heart felt position. I appreciate the article in today?s Sun has upset some supporters and for that I am truly sorry. As I stated, I was merely trying to illustrate how far we have all come together.?

? He needs a PR manager !

(actually - cancel that - it's more fun this way)

Edited by jambovambo

'it's my belief that rangers fans are the best in the world', except that time they threatened to kill me.

well clarified chucky.

They're all liars and thieves.

Will NewTheCheats survive til their Boxing Day Derby against Clyde? Doubt it.

Francis Albert

'it's my belief that rangers fans are the best in the world', except that time they threatened to kill me.

well clarified chucky.

... and of course except that time they wrecked Manchester.

... and of course except that time they wrecked Manchester.

who cares what this man with only one soiled stained suit says, he has been all of 5 mins here and should wear a pointy hat because he is a clown :thumbsup: he is here to rape the orcs and make a buck :woot:

Charles Green not invested a penny (unless he is one of the companies) but could walk away with anything from ?2 - ?4m. Depends how much they raise and if it's 10% of the original shareholding, the IPO or both.

I think Rangers fans should seriously consider not investing, let the club die and try and come back without shady characters.

Can Green really underwrite this if it goes pear shape?

The Rangers Shareholder List

The following is a list of the present shareholders in Rangers Football Club Ltd.

It lists the holders of 19.8 million of the 22 million shares issued so far.

The full list is to be disclosed in the Prospectus to be issued soon.

Blue Pitch Holdings ? 4 million

Margarita Funds Holding Trust ? 2.6 million

Imran Ahmad, Rangers ? 2.2 million

Richard Hughes, Zeus Capital ? 2.2 million

Gorbon Ltd ? 1.55 million

Norne Anstalt ? 1.2 million

Ally McCoist, Rangers ? 1 million

Glenmuir ? 1 million

Craig Mather ? 900k

Andy Hosie ? 900k

Ian Hart ? 490k

Chris Morgan, Asia Credit Corporation ? 400k

Alan Mackenzie ? 250k

Jean Haddad ? 250k

Malcolm Murray, Rangers - 200k

Colin Howell, Unicorn Asset Mgt ? 200k

John McClure, Unicorn Asset Mgt ? 200k

John Goold ? 100k

Elias Kaisar ? 100k

Stephen Adams, Kames Capital ? 50k

Brian Stockbridge, Rangers ? sub 50k

Ian Cormack ? 25k

John Graham ? 25k

Charles Green, Rangers ? nil.

Mr Green is due a 10% bonus for a successful float, as was disclosed in the May presentation seeking investors. This could come in the form of a 10% stake in the company, approximating to 5 million shares

Edited by DETTY29

Couldn't script a better comedy.

Green apologising to the Orc masses Because he has probably received death threats for revealing he received death threats.

Couple of questions

(1) How many shares are going to be released when they float and at what price. I know the total is ?20m

(2) Does that make the shares already owned worth the same as the shares that are being floatedwink.gif

Green clarifies death threats

?The reality is there were a few occasions in the very early days where I was clearly not the flavour of the month among some sections of the fanbase and I was subject to taunts and abuse.

?However, that was short-lived and the fans are now behind me and the board and we have all moved on together.

?I just want to make it clear that I believe Rangers fans are the best in the world and that is my heart felt position. I appreciate the article in today?s Sun has upset some supporters and for that I am truly sorry. As I stated, I was merely trying to illustrate how far we have all come together.?

? He needs a PR manager !

(actually - cancel that - it's more fun this way)

Ah, young Jeremiah got it right, Jeremiah 17:9 ESV, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it"?

Obviously not you, Chuck old chap!

The Rangers Shareholder List

The following is a list of the present shareholders in Rangers Football Club Ltd.

John McClure, Unicorn Asset Mgt ? 200k

I'm sure he posts on here. :ninja:

Fozzyonthefence

the club is only valued at what you can sell Ibrox and MP off (legally) Green bough the clubs name for ?3m the other ?2.5m was player registrations if they do say we will offer 20% equity for ?20m then somebody must question the value at ?100m as within minutes their shares will be only worth the true value estimated at around ?20m. so for your ?500 investment, within minutes it will be worth ?100,

The paying for player registrations is one thing I really don't understand. How could this be included in any sale agreement when it wasn't legally enforcable? Whether the players moved from old Rangers to Sevco was nothing to do with any sale agreement but down to the players themselves and TUPE employment law. In theory all of the players could have walked away (how good would that have been?) under TUPE legislation so the players' registratons, in reality, were not there for Duff & Duffer to sell as assets in the first place.

In any case, surely there is also an argument that the players' registrations, if they could be sold, were sold way below market value. Although not too many of their sellable players actually stayed, Lee Wallace alone was sold for, what, ?1.5m?

Ibrox and Murray Park were also clearly sold at way below market value (even for a third party to buy these purely for a lease back would have had huge earning potential on an annual basis given that Sevco still need somewhere to play and train) but if it was the only offer on the table can BDO, when they take over a liquidators, really do anything about this?

And don't get me started on how you can sell history and trophies in a sale agreement too - complete pish but it suits Green and the fans' agenda.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

• Maple Leaf locked this topic