The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

They have three reasons to go to Ibrox: The club, fair enough, but also spite for the SPL and its teams:

Their religious/biggotry ( even without Celtic playing them)

and their sense of Unionism, I suppose. Their terraces largely exhibit a political demo of sorts. THey are also on a 'brit' type demo.

So they don't think the same way most other club supporters think.

They largely don't need to think, they have layers of embedded assumptions: Gers - superior : protestants - superior and Unionist - superior.

These were all developed before the year 1900 so that is at least 3-4 generations of bigots. Almost certainly that could be take back to

around 1690 and of course pre-dates Rangers.

BUT I think it explains why they pesist in turning up.

Of course I expect them to be let down by Green, but that is a separate issue. PS dont get me wrong I am a Gorgie boy.

Looking at yesterday's abysmal attendance, you wonder who has the right attitude.

I thought we had all agreed that yesterday's attendance (home support) was not "abysmal" for a game on a Sunday at 12.45, live on tv and also the fact that we are struggling on the pitch?

Or are you just pointing out that Rangers (RIP) supporters are better than ours? ninja.gif

Francis Albert

Looking at yesterday's abysmal attendance, you wonder who has the right attitude.

Abysmal? How would you describe the attendance at home vs Motherwell in 1986, about 20 games into an unbeaten run of 31 games, top of the league, 3pm Saturday, no TV of our or any game, cheap prices? 12.000, about 500 above your "abysmal".

11500 is an excellent attendance by any standard of the last 50 years.

Hagar the Horrible

The paying for player registrations is one thing I really don't understand. How could this be included in any sale agreement when it wasn't legally enforcable? Whether the players moved from old Rangers to Sevco was nothing to do with any sale agreement but down to the players themselves and TUPE employment law. In theory all of the players could have walked away (how good would that have been?) under TUPE legislation so the players' registratons, in reality, were not there for Duff & Duffer to sell as assets in the first place.

In any case, surely there is also an argument that the players' registrations, if they could be sold, were sold way below market value. Although not too many of their sellable players actually stayed, Lee Wallace alone was sold for, what, ?1.5m?

Ibrox and Murray Park were also clearly sold at way below market value (even for a third party to buy these purely for a lease back would have had huge earning potential on an annual basis given that Sevco still need somewhere to play and train) but if it was the only offer on the table can BDO, when they take over a liquidators, really do anything about this?

And don't get me started on how you can sell history and trophies in a sale agreement too - complete pish but it suits Green and the fans' agenda.

That's the thing I don't get Green could have paid ?2.5m just for Clubfoot, when under Tupe those who wanted to stay would have received the same deal, so Green paid ?2.5m for what?

Also I am not sure if Ibrox and MP were sold to Green as such, and the History has been bought because the SFA/SFL and SPL were too weak to say sorry this is a new club youi have won nout!

That's the thing I don't get Green could have paid ?2.5m just for Clubfoot, when under Tupe those who wanted to stay would have received the same deal, so Green paid ?2.5m for what?

Also I am not sure if Ibrox and MP were sold to Green as such, and the History has been bought because the SFA/SFL and SPL were too weak to say sorry this is a new club youi have won nout!

What a load of crap how can sevco buy oldcos history :lol: :lol: on this basis then the hobos could buy Third Lanarks History and add there Scottish cup wins :blink:

Honours

Scottish Football League: Winners (1): 1903?04

Scottish First Division[11]: Winners (2): 1931?32, 1934?35

Runners-up (2): 1927?28, 1957?58

Scottish Cup: Winners (2): 1888?89, 1904?05

Runners-up (3): 1875?76, 1877?78, 1905?06, 1937?38

Scottish League Cup Runners-up (1): 1959?60

Glasgow Cup Winners (4): 1903, 1904, 1909, 1963

Runners-up (12): 1891, 1906, 1907, 1914, 1924, 1938, 1943, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1954, 1958

Glasgow Charity Cup: Winners (4): 1890, 1898, 1901, 1952

Shared (2): 1954, 1956

Runners-up (8): 1884, 1897, 1910, 1914, 1932, 1939, 1943, 1946

Hagar the Horrible

What a load of crap how can sevco buy oldcos history :lol: :lol: on this basis then the hobos could buy Third Lanarks History and add there Scottish cup wins :blink:

Honours

Runners-up (12): 1891, 1906, 1907, 1914, 1924, 1938, 1943, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1954, 1958

Totally agree with you, but if Version 2.0 dies then it will be very difficult to convince the masses that v3.0 is the same club and the history will get wiped clean

Honours

This has already happened. If you look on the SFL website, you will see that Airdrie United have Clydebank's history, not Airdrieonians' or just their own.

The history is attached to the SFA membership, only when a new membership is granted will a club start with no history.

Strange way to go about it, but there you are.

Since 1905...: lol:

Actually WE haven't won the cup since 19/05 :verysmug:

Brilliant, well spotted that man.

Need to get my t-shirt updated now........ SINCE 1905 laugh.gif

Seymour M Hersh

Honours

If they do "acquire" the old co's honours then surely that makes Sevconian FC indivisible from Rankers FC and imo liable for all the old co debts.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Honours

It's all crap mate, as several folk on here have said before you can't buy or sell history, you only make history. 1-5 :thumbsup:

Jambo near Motherwell

Fair play to McCoist for standing up for Hearts today (in the Metro anyway) saying that we shouldnt be punished by a points reduction!

Fair play to McCoist for standing up for Hearts today (in the Metro anyway) saying that we shouldnt be punished by a points reduction!

Building bridges and sooky time.

Looking forward to the TV programme about The Rangers - Who do you think you were ?

nothing but self interest.

He was Hearty Harry once too.

:muggy:

Edit: y ya bass. :teehee:

Edited by Kurgan

Hagar the Horrible

Fair play to Sally, he was wrong over the who are they rant, but in fairness he was in a corner fighting for the club he loved as do we.

There might be a bit of self interest in here to pre-empt the "returning back the titles" but Sally is fighting a war from both outside and more so inside his club

For me his stock will increase if he did not take an EBT, but if he did he would have been an accessory to the downfall of his own club. Besides somehow I still see him ending up as Hearts next manager....just a gut feeling but it's a bit like hearing the new Status Quo CD for the first time, you get the strange feeling of deja vu

Oh come on - McCoist has no interest in how Hearts are treated. He is only interested in creating soundwaves which will atempt to minimise any impact on Sevco.

Seymour M Hersh

Fair play to Sally, he was wrong over the who are they rant, but in fairness he was in a corner fighting for the club he loved as do we.

There might be a bit of self interest in here to pre-empt the "returning back the titles" but Sally is fighting a war from both outside and more so inside his club

For me his stock will increase if he did not take an EBT, but if he did he would have been an accessory to the downfall of his own club. Besides somehow I still see him ending up as Hearts next manager....just a gut feeling but it's a bit like hearing the new Status Quo CD for the first time, you get the strange feeling of deja vu

Fair play **** all to the fat bell end.

Don't see why anyone should take what Fat Ally says seriously...he was demanding to know the names of folk be made public despite his club already being informed of who was on the panel way back then.

Find myself in the camp Jammy T for this one, won't happen much so make the most of it Jammy, at least until my next name change. :teehee:

Back to being serious, we'll meet again no doubt on what the SPL decide later...wait you agreed with Gambo on that one too as did I...

Feck...

Oh come on - McCoist has no interest in how Hearts are treated. He is only interested in creating soundwaves which will atempt to minimise any impact on Sevco.

Correct - he'll be particularly worried about any precident being set (albeit SPL not SFL) for points deductions, in case (when?) Der Hun have cash flow problems. Any loss of points could potentially kill them, if it meant missing out on promotion in any given season over the next two or three years.

Francis Albert

Correct - he'll be particularly worried about any precident being set (albeit SPL not SFL) for points deductions, in case (when?) Der Hun have cash flow problems. Any loss of points could potentially kill them, if it meant missing out on promotion in any given season over the next two or three years.

Why should he be worried? He knows that if The Rangers have cash flow problems he and his players will volunteer to forego wages because of their love for that great Scottish institution ... whatever it's called now ... and the greatest fans in the world, while the media bestows sainthood (or whatever the appropriate equivalent is) on them.

Edited by Francis Albert

Hagar the Horrible

That's the thing if the share floatation fails to bring in the desired amount for his nameless cast of thousands who are stakeholders in Sevconians, will plan B be the same as Whyte's plan A? So as you say any payment irregularities might trigger the same sanctions. As Chic was so adamant that we would be getting an 8 point deduction, that might be enough to stop us qualifying for a Euro slot, but for zombieco it might be enough to fail promotion and that would be catastrophic for them

Looks like Tomo is winding up for another pop :

alex thomson?@alextomo

Filming at the site of a great Glasgow football finance collapse - the terraces of the old Third Lanark stadium

:alex:

McCoist as the next Hearts manager? Logically that means he's been sacked by sevco for failing to win the league after trying to BUY the title!! No thanks, even McGlynn has more tactical nous than Sally.

Hagar the Horrible

McCoist as the next Hearts manager? Logically that means he's been sacked by sevco for failing to win the league after trying to BUY the title!! No thanks, even McGlynn has more tactical nous than Sally.

It's just a gut feeling prediction, based on heehaw. I cant see Sally lasting if he cant buy an away win, he is too fat, grey and bald to go back to the telly and I can see him standing in our dugout, and being a s fickle as all fans are we will give him a chance. I wonder what odd you will get for him to be at Tynecastle inside 2 years??????

It's just a gut feeling prediction, based on heehaw. I cant see Sally lasting if he cant buy an away win, he is too fat, grey and bald to go back to the telly and I can see him standing in our dugout, and being a s fickle as all fans are we will give him a chance. I wonder what odd you will get for him to be at Tynecastle inside 2 years??????

He has a brass neck able to be viewed from space, I'll give him that. Turning up at Edinburgh Castle to launch a Rangers military charity when his club have failed to pay Her Majesty close on ?100m in tax is some going. Not that any of the journos at the launch would have mentioned such a thing of course...

He has a brass neck able to be viewed from space, I'll give him that. Turning up at Edinburgh Castle to launch a Rangers military charity when his club have failed to pay Her Majesty close on ?100m in tax is some going. Not that any of the journos at the launch would have mentioned such a thing of course...

....or mentioned that the Charities Commision were investigating Rangers over their use of money paid into the RFFF.

:angry:

Hagar the Horrible

Get fecked Hagar, Ally as Hearts manager? :rofl:

None of us will be laughing at my prediction, and even I hope I am wrong, but I would rather have a scabbied dug that McGlynn

@markdaly2: Don't miss Rep Scot at 6.30 tonight for new revelations about what RFC admins Duff & Phelps knew, including secretly recorded evidence.

None of us will be laughing at my prediction, and even I hope I am wrong, but I would rather have a scabbied dug that McGlynn

Have to agree with you mate, I can see him here once he gets chipped out of Ibrox. I just hope to Christ McGlynn has gone by then.

Wow. Secret recording by Whyte, of D&P guy Grier saying "we all know we knew about ticketus but nobody can prove it ..."

(I wonder if CW has other recordings, to protect himself?

Edited by jambovambo

@markdaly2: Don't miss Rep Scot at 6.30 tonight for new revelations about what RFC admins Duff & Phelps knew, including secretly recorded evidence.

Well that was pretty daming..! :D

:smackdown:

Wow. Secret recording by Whyte, of D&P guy Grier saying "we all know we knew about ticketus but nobody can prove it ..."

(I wonder if CW has other recordings, to protect himself?

Thats what i thought as well, there will be a few people keeking theirselves right now i think (Charles Green, David Murray etc).

More lies and chicanery from DodGers administrators - were they acting "in good faith"?

No they weren't.

Hence the asset sale to Green will be rescinded and it's Sevco bye-bye.

And soon.

No they weren't.

Hence the asset sale to Green will be rescinded and it's Sevco bye-bye.

And soon.

Is that actually possible or just wishful thinking?

Another Robbo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20074388

The recording, which is to be used in a forthcoming court case involving Duff and Phelps and Mr Whyte's former lawyers Collyer Bristow, has been obtained legitimately by BBC Scotland.

During the exchange, Mr Grier said: "I'll tell you what we're doing with that just so you?

Mr Whyte: "Yeah.

Mr Grier: "We, we went to see counsel yesterday and had a full sort of debrief of all the email correspondence.

Mr Whyte: "Yep.

Mr Grier: "Now, the fact is that we probably did know what was going on with Ticketus. There's no email traffic whatsoever.

Mr Whyte: "That says that you did?"

Mr Grier: "That says that we did.

Mr White: "But we all know that you did and f****** hell.

Mr Grier: "Yeah, yeah. There's no?we were not involved in dealing with Ticketus directly.

Mr Whyte: "Yeah. So you knew the structures of the deal. You were dealing with Lloyds.

Mr Grier: "Absolutely.

Mr Whyte: "And the Ticketus part was Saffreys.

Mr Grier "Yeah. So we've maintained that line quite rigorously."

BBC Scotland has been able to confirm with a voice recognition expert that the recording is of Mr Grier.

Duff and Phelps have yet to respond to the publication of the 31 May conversation.

Is that actually possible or just wishful thinking?

It is most definately possible. :)

However...

I think it's unlikely. :(

I think it's far more likely that D&P will be chased for any wrongdoing, and possibly for financial compensation for creditors, rather than the deal with Green being rescinded. Of course, that could all change if any evidence was to surface suggesting that Green was involved with some sort of stitch up with Whyte and/or D&P.

Other than (persistent) rumours, I've not seen or heard anything (yet?) to suggest that might be the case. :unsure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20074388

The recording, which is to be used in a forthcoming court case involving Duff and Phelps and Mr Whyte's former lawyers Collyer Bristow, has been obtained legitimately by BBC Scotland.

During the exchange, Mr Grier said: "I'll tell you what we're doing with that just so you?

Mr Whyte: "Yeah.

Mr Grier: "We, we went to see counsel yesterday and had a full sort of debrief of all the email correspondence.

Mr Whyte: "Yep.

Mr Grier: "Now, the fact is that we probably did know what was going on with Ticketus. There's no email traffic whatsoever.

Mr Whyte: "That says that you did?"

Mr Grier: "That says that we did.

Mr White: "But we all know that you did and f****** hell.

Mr Grier: "Yeah, yeah. There's no?we were not involved in dealing with Ticketus directly.

Mr Whyte: "Yeah. So you knew the structures of the deal. You were dealing with Lloyds.

Mr Grier: "Absolutely.

Mr Whyte: "And the Ticketus part was Saffreys.

Mr Grier "Yeah. So we've maintained that line quite rigorously."

BBC Scotland has been able to confirm with a voice recognition expert that the recording is of Mr Grier.

Duff and Phelps have yet to respond to the publication of the 31 May conversation.

Given Whyte knew the recording was happening (as he'd arranged it), it really sounds like he was reeling in Grier there, eh?

Covering his back for a bit of "security"

Genius

Top man, ol' boggle eyes

How come this thread isn't racking up hunners of entries since 6:30 ?

Battle fatigue ?

This was probably the biggest news for months.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Conflict of interest you say? :verysmug:

6 days since the application for liquidation and Lord Hodge has yet to grant it you say? :verysmug:

The next few weeks are going to be entertaining. :)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic