The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

You know this gets more and more interesting day by day, is this why Dumb & Dumber not completed its report, why Lord Hodge will not let them slip into the sunset with their whopping fee? Who does own what is becoming even more confused, CW playing a blinder! :whistling:

Indeed - right now Whyte is sending a reminder to Green not to renege on a shady deal... or he's making it up and causing trouble.

Indeed - right now Whyte is sending a reminder to Green not to renege on a shady deal... or he's making it up and causing trouble.

Whatever CW's motive, CG cannot keep his big mouth shut about anything, he will have a go at CW, this could get real messy! :thumbsup:

Mike Farrell ?@mikefstv

Rangers oldco are to appoint liquidators BDO to oversee winding up of company as a 'matter of urgency'

Rangers oldco administrators Duff and Phelps say final report to end appointment had been approved by creditors

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/195280-rangers-oldco-to-appoint-liquidators-bdo-to-oversee-winding-up/

Rangers oldco to appoint liquidators BDO to oversee winding up

Rangers: Liquidators BDO will be appointed to wind up the oldco.SNS Group

Liquidators are to be appointed to oversee the winding up of Rangers oldco as a "matter of urgency".

Administrators Duff and Phelps confirmed creditors had approved the end of their term at RFC 2012 plc, which was formerly The Rangers Football Club plc.

On Wednesday, the insolvency firm said it would now put forward a winding up application to the Court of Session to make way for the appointment of neutral practitioners BDO, which will be put in place at the insisitence of Rangers? biggest creditor, HM Revenue and Customs.

Duff and Phelps, formerly MCR, was initially involved with former oldco Rangers owner Craig Whyte on his attempt to takeover the club, which he completed in May last year.

The firm was called in as administrators at Ibrox in February this year after the club had run up debts of up to ?134m, including a tax bill of ?94.4m, according to Duff and Phelps? final report to the hundreds owed money by Rangers.

Joint administrator Paul Clark said: "Creditors have today given their approval for the Administrators to bring the administration process to an end and to place the company into liquidation. As a result, we as administrators have instructed our legal team to prepare the necessary application for lodging in the Court of Session as a matter of urgency.

"Should the application be approved, then Malcolm Cohen and James Bernard Stephen of BDO will be appointed liquidators of RFC 2012 plc, and will undertake the process of liquidation of the 'oldco' company and the continued recovery of funds for creditors. This will not affect the current operations of The Rangers Football Club in any way as it is a completely separate entity."

Edited by Arnold

Fozzyonthefence

Greens 1st day at ibrox ''i have never met Craig Whyte in my life''

We have another liar :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, but which one? Remember, CW claimed to be a personal friend of Prince Rainier? :whistling:

Jambo near Motherwell

is there really any new news here though? we always knew that oldcheatco would be wound up didnt we?!

Malinga the Swinga

23942924.jpg

Pretty sure that any day now, the BBC or STV or the Record or any of the Scottish media will provide us with the true story of what happened at Rangers over the last 10 or so years. After all, they have had months to do this and they surely can't have been sitting on their backsides all this time doing nothing. Or can they?

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

If either CG or CW told me shete was brown i would go and have one just to make sure

It is sometimes white. At least from dogs in the eighties they were.

...a bit disco

Oh yummy. This is getting tasty again

:)

I hope this isn't in response to the white dog poo reference?

:yucky:

;)

Every single person involved in this mess has been proved a liar.

Not one of them can be trusted.

But when the BDO, Police and Hector get involved, the truth will out.

This farce has gone on long enough but I predict that the new AIM flotation will never happen as it is an obvious rip-off of the poor dumb Govaners.

So this must all end soon.

Delicious.

Jambo near Motherwell

23942924.jpg

umm no im not - im just not getting what the latest excitment is - will it be a step futher to kill of rangers ewco? i hope so but just dont see what the big deal of today's news is - please enlighten me

Glamorgan Jambo

Isn't it great when a bunch of cheats, thiefs and liars start arguing about money.

I wonder who's not keeping their end of the bargain up?

Isn't it great when a bunch of cheats, thiefs and liars start arguing about money.

I wonder who's not keeping their end of the bargain up?

The thing is, I have a Rangers fan, who is still now, constantly slagging off us for our finances. We probably deserved to be slagged, but not from them. They can not slag anyone ever again.

Glamorgan Jambo

The thing is, I have a Rangers fan, who is still now, constantly slagging off us for our finances. We probably deserved to be slagged, but not from them. They can not slag anyone ever again.

The Rangers fans, at least the ones that post on the internet, have shown themselves to be far from the brightest. They come over to me at least as the biggest bunch of straw clutchers out there....

I hope to heck the regulators step in and pull the Rangers flotation before there's another transfer of capital from the gullible to the shameless.

Charlie is going to be on TV later on, or at least has given an interview to Scotland Tonight(?) 10.30pm.

Stand by for yet more outlandish claims from Courageous Charmingly Courteous Charlie.... :turned:

Seems to me that Shooter is telling Chuck that he knows where all the skeletons are buried and is encouraging him to keep up his end of whatever shady bargain they have.

Either that or Shooter is a media hungry fantasist who wants to throw mud at Chuck hoping some sticks given Chucks previous hyperbole.

The nation waits with baited breath and popcorn for the next installment.

Edited by Floyd

i would love to see green and D&P being discredited by whyte's claims... but one look at whyte's body language and his demeanour is enough to convince anyone that it's him who is the liar. the guy simply drips dishonesty.

Seems to me that Shooter is telling Chuck that he knows where all the skeletons are buried and is encouraging him to keep up his end of whatever shady bargain they have.

Either that or Shooter is a media hungry fantasist who wants to throw mud at Chuck hoping some sticks given Chucks previous hyperbole.

The nation waits with baited breath and popcorn for the next installment.

Health and Safety warning :

baited breath and popcorn = choking hazard

Just sayin'

Rangers oldco are to appoint liquidators BDO to oversee winding up of company as a 'matter of urgency'

Fudd & Flaps need to move on - they've got Pizza Workers to sack unsure.gif

PizzaCo

ToadKiller Dog

Whyte claims he told Dungcaster and topping as far back as October that the orcs would be going into admin and would not get a CVA agreed .

Dungcaster really has some questions to answer .

Think that interview was a mixture of truth and fairy tales .

Geoff Kilpatrick

So Shooter has a seethe diversion in place, which will undoubtedly help Crazy Chuck to flog bits of paper.

Meanwhile, the Duffers are saying that they still haven't asked for liquidation to start yet. Incredible! Hopefully Lord Hodge tears them a new one.

Craig White said Duff and Phelps knew all about the Ticketus deal.

Separately, White is a weak chancer ,

when asked 'you lied' he blustered.

He could have said,

I told things as I thought they were at the moment.

He is weak on language and legal proceedure.

He went down

in my estimation as an accomplished liar, I am a better liar ( I stole the pies? what pies?)

Rangers didn't even have a half-conpetent chancer on board. Mister buy it for a quid - lol, what a pri---ck.

Duff and felpsie are in the merde with his statement too, but we always knew it.

Well done BBC they will now do anything to feck the Huns totally, it is to the death with the Beeb.

And another falsehood purveyor chimes in....although he could be right this time!

IT is time to take a look at the players who signed for Rangers before the transfer window slammed shut for eighteen months for Alistair McCoist on the last day of August, courtesy of the Stewart Regan-Peter Lawwell-Rod Petrie Scottish Football Association.

And even the swiftest glance shows there is a clear division between two distinct groups of players who were signed by Rangers. I specifically say, signed by Rangers, as opposed to signed by the manager.

For there are now questions being posed as to just how a Brazilian defender, who is coming to the end of a not too distinguished career, plus a Frenchman and a Greek, were seen by Alistair McCoist as vital to his requirements in the Third Division.

Or, should Rangers be promoted at the end of the season, relevant to the team?s progress in the Second Division during first five months of the 2013-14 campaign.

Are there any Rangers supporters out there who do not think that Alistair McCoist would have preferred another two or three players with similar backgrounds and pedigree as Ian Black and David Templeton?

Or that he would perhaps have been even keener to get four or five from teams in the lower reaches of the First Division, or top half of the Second Division?

Certainly players with such experience would surely have been more beneficial to Alistair McCoist?s team, particularly away from home, than a Brazilian centre half who can?t turn and who blows through his backside when he tries to run.

I used the phrase to describe Rangers as, Alistair McCoist?s team. But is it? Is it? Is it McCoist?s team?

Certainly we have already seen that question posed by a former favourite at Ibrox who once played alongside, McCoist, Derek Ferguson, who is now a pundit.

Are we to assume that Derek Ferguson just plucked the query out of thin air? I think not!

Also, on Radio Scotland, Jim Traynor has alluded to the clear division between the two groups of players signed by Rangers in the summer and wondered out loud as to who, if not McCoist, was behind the arrival of three foreigners who appear ill suited to the demands of the Third Division, especially away from Ibrox.

I?ve got two prime candidates, neither of them the manager of Rangers.

One is Craig Mather of Simply Sport Management, who bought his way into Rangers with a cool ?1M and who is trying to build up his own business into a stable of footballers to wheel and deal with.

Things have been pretty quiet on that front lately, but my mole has whispered in my ear that there are plans to make Greg Mather Director of the Rangers Training Complex. Effectively, Alistair McCoist?s gaffer

Things have been pretty quiet too concerning the other name in the frame, that of shamed agent Paul Stretford. One thing we do know about Stretford is that it is a matter of public record that Rangers said Paul Stretford was going to help with the signing of players.

Can we assume he had nothing to do with the arrival of Ian Black? Or David Templeton? Or Kevin Kyle?

But what about Brazilian, Emilson Cribari? What about Anestis Argyriou of Greece? And what about Frenchman Sebastien Faure?

Could the devious hand of Paul Stretford, a man with close connections to the new Rangers powerbrokers, be behind their arrival at Rangers?

I think Rangers supporters should be told.

And whether or not they are told, either by those powerbrokers, by Alistair McCoist, by Craig Mather, or even by Paul Stretford, of one thing I am convinced.

The truth will out. Eventually. It always does. And for those who think that?s rubbish I have two words.

Jimmy Savile!

Craig Mather has just been officially appointed today.

"?Craig is completely independent. He has come in as an investor and he is looking at things completely objectively.

?When a man signs over ?1million from his own bank account then I think he is entitled to have a look at what he has invested in."

Official site.

Edited by jambovambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

Craig Mather has just been officially appointed today.

"?Craig is completely independent. He has come in as an investor and he is looking at things completely objectively.

?When a man signs over ?1million from his own bank account then I think he is entitled to have a look at what he has invested in."

Official site.

Who is Craig Mather? I presume you mean to the board of Sevco?

Why do they not ask bit more probing questions? CG going on about how many millions Ibrox and Murray park are worth , but not questioned if they are 80 odd million, how come you got everything for 5.5 million????

Edited by yvonnejambo

Why do they not ask bit more probing questions? CG going on about how many millions Ibrox and Murray park are worth , but not questioned if they are 80 odd million, how come you got everything for 5.5 million????

This is exactly what I don't understand.

Greens Words.

" The former Sheffield United chief executive also told the programme that a prospectus prepared for those interested in buying shares will contain a list of all 23 backers of the Sevco consortium, which has not been revealed previously "

So these shady investors will finally be outed will they all pass the fit and proper person test :whistling: i wonder if details of which church they attend will also be revealed :blink: could be part of the reasons these shady people dont want to be known.

Greens Words.

" The former Sheffield United chief executive also told the programme that a prospectus prepared for those interested in buying shares will contain a list of all 23 backers of the Sevco consortium, which has not been revealed previously "

So these shady investors will finally be outed will they all pass the fit and proper person test :whistling: i wonder if details of which church they attend will also be revealed :blink: could be part of the reasons these shady people dont want to be known.

Heard a rumour that Pope Benedict XVI, Fr John Paul McGhee and Micheal Frances Hoolihan have already asked for their occupations and schools attended to be omitted.

Keith O'Brien was fine with it though, as long as they don't let gays get married at Ibrox. :whistling:

The interview with Whyte. (Links to other stuff on there too..)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19920930

Watched it last night so may have forgotten some of the content but 95% of what Whyte says is plausible. How much is true is another matter. Mind you, you could possibly say the same about Murray, Green, Regan and Doncaster.

Now if what he says about all sale agreements mentioning the potential of admin / insolvency is true, then to me it seems clear as day Whyte was brought in as the guy with the cajones to deliberately take the club into admin (more probably liquidation) and write off huge amounts of debts.

What no-one factored into account was that the rest of the game wasn't prepared to lie down, roll over and let them get away with it just because it was 'Ra Peepul'.

Make no bones about it, if someone said 5 years ago an SPL club would go into to liquidation and allegedly (to date) misregister dozens of players over several years to run a tax avoidance scheme that Hector determined was significantly out of line with the spirit of the tax laws, the vast majority of fans of every clud would look to:-

-a 'demote' the liquidated club to the lowest league and

-b strip that club of any trophies won during that period

And I include Rangers fans in that, especially as they would never believe it to be them. How often were we told especially by SDM, that by 'Ra Peepul's' club always did everything by the book.

Charlie-Brown

Watched it last night so may have forgotten some of the content but 95% of what Whyte says is plausible. How much is true is another matter. Mind you, you could possibly say the same about Murray, Green, Regan and Doncaster.

Now if what he says about all sale agreements mentioning the potential of admin / insolvency is true, then to me it seems clear as day Whyte was brought in as the guy with the cajones to deliberately take the club into admin (more probably liquidation) and write off huge amounts of debts.

What no-one factored into account was that the rest of the game wasn't prepared to lie down, roll over and let them get away with it just because it was 'Ra Peepul'.

Make no bones about it, if someone said 5 years ago an SPL club would go into to liquidation and allegedly (to date) misregister dozens of players over several years to run a tax avoidance scheme that Hector determined was significantly out of line with the spirit of the tax laws, the vast majority of fans of every clud would look to:-

-a 'demote' the liquidated club to the lowest league and

-b strip that club of any trophies won during that period

And I include Rangers fans in that, especially as they would never believe it to be them. How often were we told especially by SDM, that by 'Ra Peepul's' club always did everything by the book.

Indeed according to the SPL & SFA Rangers were their poster child for a well run club if you believe this flannel written at the height of Rangers tax-cheating years...............

From

Friday, 21 March 2003

The Scottish FA has awarded Rangers FC the first club licence in the new Scottish National Club Licensing system.

The SFA is currently undertaking a rigorous assessment of all league clubs in Scotland, who will require to demonstrate a high quality infrastructure in many areas ranging from youth development to media facilities.

The system will have widespread implications, particularly as a licence will be needed to take part in UEFA competitions from 2004.

The clubs have to demonstrate high standards in the following areas:

Infrastructure ? the safety, security and comfort of supporters, players, match officials and media; standards of facilities at the club.

Sporting ? the standard of coaching of adult and youth players as well as the facilities available.

Administration ? an effective management support system.

Financial ? sound financial practices.

Codes of Practice ? for players and supporters.

David Taylor, Chief Executive, said: ?Although Rangers are the first club to earn their club licence, the other clubs in the SPL will follow shortly. The licensing system is being imposed right across Europe, but I am pleased to say that standards in Scotland are universally high and we anticipate our top clubs having little difficulty in meeting the specifications for a licence.

?The licensing system is a fairly radical step forward for our national game, and is an indication of how football in Scotland is being modernised and regulated by the Scottish FA. It will bring benefits for everyone in football, including the fans, in years to come.?

Campbell Ogilvie, Rangers? General Secretary, added: ?We are delighted to be the first Scottish club to receive a licence. We can see the benefits of the system and strongly believe in the principles behind the licence, which is being brought in on a Europe-wide basis.?

The licensing system applies to all SPL and Scottish League clubs, with SPL and Division 1 clubs being assessed this year, and Divisions 2 and 3 clubs next year.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

Indeed according to the SPL & SFA Rangers were their poster child for a well run club if you believe this flannel written at the height of Rangers tax-cheating years...............

From

Friday, 21 March 2003

The Scottish FA has awarded Rangers FC the first club licence in the new Scottish National Club Licensing system.

The SFA is currently undertaking a rigorous assessment of all league clubs in Scotland, who will require to demonstrate a high quality infrastructure in many areas ranging from youth development to media facilities.

The system will have widespread implications, particularly as a licence will be needed to take part in UEFA competitions from 2004.

The clubs have to demonstrate high standards in the following areas:

Infrastructure ? the safety, security and comfort of supporters, players, match officials and media; standards of facilities at the club.

Sporting ? the standard of coaching of adult and youth players as well as the facilities available.

Administration ? an effective management support system.

Financial ? sound financial practices.

Codes of Practice ? for players and supporters.

David Taylor, Chief Executive, said: ?Although Rangers are the first club to earn their club licence, the other clubs in the SPL will follow shortly. The licensing system is being imposed right across Europe, but I am pleased to say that standards in Scotland are universally high and we anticipate our top clubs having little difficulty in meeting the specifications for a licence.

?The licensing system is a fairly radical step forward for our national game, and is an indication of how football in Scotland is being modernised and regulated by the Scottish FA. It will bring benefits for everyone in football, including the fans, in years to come.?

Campbell Ogilvie, Rangers? General Secretary, added: ?We are delighted to be the first Scottish club to receive a licence. We can see the benefits of the system and strongly believe in the principles behind the licence, which is being brought in on a Europe-wide basis.?

The licensing system applies to all SPL and Scottish League clubs, with SPL and Division 1 clubs being assessed this year, and Divisions 2 and 3 clubs next year.

This is actually a UEFA Licence, one of the reasons they are paying attention to what's unfolding at Ibrox, and the SFA & SPL's handling of it.

The licences are administered by the national football associations (the SFA in our case) but make no mistake, its a UEFA Licence.

Guest blog on Paul McConville :

?RANGERS CEO EXPECTS FSA TO GREEN LIGHT SHARE FLOTATION PROSPECTUS

?The London Stock Exchange has not itself examined or approved the contents of this document.?

Well it appears that the FSA, UKLA and LSE don?t actually vet AIM flotations and give a thumbs-up or down to the application."

and

"So I think it best to have the FSA to actually confirm what the correct position is as it could have a direct bearing on whether football fans purchase shares or not. I doubt if it will affect the judgement of institutional investors who probably already know the answer to my question."

Pretty sure that any day now, the BBC or STV or the Record or any of the Scottish media will provide us with the true story of what happened at Rangers over the last 10 or so years. After all, they have had months to do this and they surely can't have been sitting on their backsides all this time doing nothing. Or can they?

Not doing "nothing"!

Just sitting on the box of truth to keep the lid on!

?The London Stock Exchange has not itself examined or approved the contents of this document.?

Well it appears that the FSA, UKLA and LSE don?t actually vet AIM flotations and give a thumbs-up or down to the application."

and

"So I think it best to have the FSA to actually confirm what the correct position is as it could have a direct bearing on whether football fans purchase shares or not. I doubt if it will affect the judgement of institutional investors who probably already know the answer to my question."

Chuck's in for a nasty shock -

I pledged ?12 million -

and, I'm afraid I got whipped at Monopoly -

and, it's all gone!

and

Double post!

Edited by colinmaroon

• Maple Leaf locked this topic