The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Stewart MacD

Just wait for the triple rainbow stretched across the sky & all the bells in the land ringing in unison. On Thursday at some point... ;)

Is this atheist with Buddhist inclinations permitted to pray to all the gods, including Lord Rudi of the Demolition Derby, that this may come to pass?

One does so dislike violence, but the agonising demise of the evil blue hun appeals.

"Research" has proven it, Stuart. "Research".

Most succulent research, I believe.

I P Knightley

Not a bad piece written by them

You're only correct in that it is an appallinng piece written by them.

One tiny extract:

Loss of gates. Rangers fans do not do walking away, but reality bites and after the initial novelty of the romance of Division 3, how many supporters will still be turning up on a miserable November night to support Rangers against Elgin City at Ibrox? It would be simply incredible if the stadium managed to regularly beat 30,000 supporters, and that is optimism in itself. Fellow bears who disagree with what I am expressing here need only look to what occurred in the 80s, when Aberdeen and Celtic dominated in the league until Rangers prevailed again in '87. Yes, that is indeed correct, the attendances took a massive hit - biggest attendances were when Celtic visited, which were 42k, but for the likes of the rest:

Translates as:

"We don't do walking away but one of the downsides of Div 3 is that we will do lots of walking away"

Absolute tosh from start to finish.

From Keevins: "That is to have an 11-team league while Rangers sit it out for a year and come back to ask if they can have a share in the SPL back again."

Rangers, in their current guise of a Newco, surely don't have, and never have had, a share in the SPL...?

I P Knightley

Anyway I digress. I don't want them back in the Scottish leagues next year. Wait three years bring your accounts and proposals when a space opens up.

Given the parlous state in which they say they'll leave Scottish football should they not be fast-tracked into the SPL, I'd say that it's only a matter of time before many spaces open up... :whistling:

You're only correct in that it is an appallinng piece written by them.

One tiny extract:

Translates as:

"We don't do walking away but one of the downsides of Div 3 is that we will do lots of walking away"

Absolute tosh from start to finish.

The qoute proves what everyone already knows that oldco fc and the tic only show up when a trophy or title is on offer/bought.

You take that "guaranteed" prospect away and you take away the glory hunting element, leaving the genuine to continue their support, a bit like the other 40 clubs outwith the act formerly known as the OF

Quick question.

Was their any feed back regarding Sevco5088 application for an SFA licence?

What was the team to be called?

Was their any details about financial backing?

Was the paper work compete?

All gone quite on that?

Rick Grimes

Is this atheist with Buddhist inclinations permitted to pray to all the gods, including Lord Rudi of the Demolition Derby, that this may come to pass?

One does so dislike violence, but the agonising demise of the evil blue hun appeals.

Of course, Harry. Its 'Natural Justice'.

Rick Grimes

Quick question.

Was their any feed back regarding Sevco5088 application for an SFA licence?

What was the team to be called?

Was their any details about financial backing?

Was the paper work compete?

All gone quite on that?

Went in late Friday evening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18641075

colinmaroon

Lord, these two sycophantic dinosaurs are a disgrace to their profession.

It has already been shown (by the likes of Thommo) what pathetic excuses they are for their profession.

If anyone feels tempted to believe their Goebbelesque rubbish, just read back over some of their stuff written in the last year and see how often their rabble rousing skubala has been off the wall.

They are desperately trying to hang onto their jobs by getting the Orcs to buy their rags and, if one team, if Whitehill Welfare for example, go bust in the next 10 years, they'll be claiming that they have been vindicated.

That is how far the truth is from the vast majority of what they write.

I P Knightley

Or

Are you rangers in disguise

A chant that should be sung to Dundee or Dunfermline by every other SPL club they visit next season.

Could argue that Rangers are only an influence due to their use of financial doping.

At the end of the day the SPL is 12 teams and all should have an equal vote.

Absolutely spot on. Had the suggestion of an 11-1 vote been made in the mid-80s before Murray had bought Rangers' way clear of Aberdeen, Dundee United & Hearts, it would have been laughed out of court.

They bought the influence and power which they now claim is crucial to Scottish football.

jack D and coke

I hope all the chairmen hold their nerve this week. I've got a horrible feeling they're going to back down.

The Comedian

I wonder what the financial situation is like behind the scenes at the Record?

We know they are Labour/Unionist loving weegie filth. Looking at their quite ridiculous reporting over the past few months, could it be their paper will be skating on thin ice should the Huns take half their readership with them? Here's hoping.

Hagar the Horrible

Guys like Traynor and Keevins are not just thinking about whats best for Scottsih football, with the usual mantra of Scotland need a strong Rangers and Celtic, Only Rangers and Celtic need a strong Rangers and Celtic. Hearts need a strong Hearts and so on

The media needs a strong oldfirm to sell their west coast bias to the west coast retards, and Traynor and Keevins are now obsolete, as the printed paper industry is as dead as oldco Rangers. their thoughts and opinions which used to matter or perhaps they had them just to be controversial just to sell papers, those days are gone with the dawing of the age of the Tinterweb thingy.

But the reality is their views not count for nothing, they can go on the old firm crusade all they want to keep the status quo and the gravy boat filled, but that gravy boad has not sailed and there are no more status quo re-union tours.

The clubs in the second and third division do not and have never needed to know of the existance of the the OF, their money does not filter down to them. they might rely on 300 to 400 die hards, but they would rather keep those die hards for the next 10 years than 2 visits from the newco. the quick buck will help short term but they need these 400 guys for more than just the turnstyle money, these guys are the club, they run everything. And their chairmen know that. so dont be supprised if there are some clubs who will not vote for a newco in any form. there might not be sufficent numbers but who knows, but they dont like being bullied by the media of the SPL. And Traynor and Keeveins just dont get that. Doncaster is going to get a rude awakening too.

Rick Grimes

I hope all the chairmen hold their nerve this week. I've got a horrible feeling they're going to back down.

That's just the conditioning of the last 30 years bringing you to expect the worst.

The fact of the matter is that this week they're finally going to start getting their real medicine & the old saying about being nice to people on the way could come home to roost in spectacular style. I'm currently betting there's a 1% chance they'll end up in the first division, 9% they'll be in the third and 90% they won't be playing football at all next year.

Once they're out it becomes much more difficult to get them back in. That's why Traynor et al are going to such ridiculous lengths to scare just now.... they know how close Rangers are to death. Real death, not death on a technicality like most seem happy to settle for right now. Real, actual, Third Lanark style death.

Got to love it.

My highlights are:

"But research has shown the game will lose ?16million if Rangers are dumped in the Third Division and frankly that would be too great a loss to an already impoverished business."

What research and who will be hit most?

"Mark my words, clubs are already being squeezed by their banks who have seen Lloyds get out with all of their money back from Rangers."

Shock, horror, banks want their money back. What do you think the loans were Jim.... EBT's?

"Is going out of business, struggling to emerge as a newco without fan support and being banned from playing in Europe for three years and being branded pariahs not punishment enough?"

Jim, the Rangers went out of business due to the small tax case. The outcome and punishment of big tax case still to be decided. Maybe other clubs and fans would be a bit more sympathetic if rangers were more apologetic for their actions!

Anyone who thinks that Lloyds got all their money back for their exposure to Rangers (deceased) knows nothing about the financing of companies. A huge chunk of the money still owed by the Murray Group to Lloyds is directly as a result of the cash poured into Rangers by Murray over the years.

Football clubs do not, as a rule, make a profit. The fact is that most of the money poured into Rangers came from the Murray Group and it owes Lloyds a large fortune.

The SPL or SFL Chairmen?

I can't see how the SFL teams can vote for anything but access to the Third at best. The whole argument about them generating revenue in the the First division, means they would also do the same in the Second and Third. That is the best outcome for the SFL.

The whole scaremongering about withdrawing the money from the SPL to the SFL is just that, scaremongering. But it is probably also enough to get the backs up of the SFL chairmen and fans.

It's like the way they whole thing has been planned out to stop Rangers getting in ANY league at all.

Edited by Lovecraft

I wonder what the financial situation is like behind the scenes at the Record?

We know they are Labour/Unionist loving weegie filth. Looking at their quite ridiculous reporting over the past few months, could it be their paper will be skating on thin ice should the Huns take half their readership with them? Here's hoping.

it's an absolute certainty they'd be in even more trouble if the rangers support was liquidated.

The Gasman

The fact that the seethe against Der Hun by fans is even greater now, than it was when the Chairmen first spoke out, should help. Also the effect of the "Doncaster Document" getting out into the public domain will, I'm sure, have further pissed off many SPL Chairmen (as well as their SFL peers) further strengthening their resolve. I'm quietly confident that if the vote on allowing Servco direct entry to the SPL (the application for new SFA membership may be a game changer) goes ahead on the 4th, it will be a resounding "No to NewCo".

Hagar the Horrible

The qoute proves what everyone already knows that oldco fc and the tic only show up when a trophy or title is on offer/bought.

You take that "guaranteed" prospect away and you take away the glory hunting element, leaving the genuine to continue their support, a bit like the other 40 clubs outwith the act formerly known as the OF

Every club has glory hunters just look at May 19th at both end, but as far as the old firm are concerned is that they compete for leagues rather than the rare cup final.

The thing about glory hunters is, if there is no glory to hunt, there there is no glory hunters, Newco will get big crowds for the first couple and last couple of gamnes only, Celtic will dwindle as they will miss their equally evil and ugly sister, whareas the rest we will get the chance to know what life is going to be like, having fullfilled the OF dream, not being in the SPL anymore, so be carefull celtic what you wish for, we wish it of you too!

I P Knightley

Traynor quote:

Hopefully the meetings will go ahead and if honesty and common sense prevail we might just begin to emerge from the darkness and see clearly who is working for the game and who is working for themselves.

...because we wouldn't want any football clubs working for themselves at the expense (or to the detriment) of other teams in the leagues.

Man's an arse

If they are asked to reduce spending by ?300,000 a year they'll make it ?600,000 and blame it all on Rangers.

Suggesting that there are some who might exaggerate the extent of hardship caused by the demise of Rangers...? Shock, horror!

Perhaps he has some other examples of where such exaggeration might take place as I don't believe that anyone would stoop so low.

Apart, of course, from every single article he's written on the subject.

Guys like Traynor and Keevins are not just thinking about whats best for Scottsih football, with the usual mantra of Scotland need a strong Rangers and Celtic, Only Rangers and Celtic need a strong Rangers and Celtic. Hearts need a strong Hearts and so on

The media needs a strong oldfirm to sell their west coast bias to the west coast retards, and Traynor and Keevins are now obsolete, as the printed paper industry is as dead as oldco Rangers. their thoughts and opinions which used to matter or perhaps they had them just to be controversial just to sell papers, those days are gone with the dawing of the age of the Tinterweb thingy.

But the reality is their views not count for nothing, they can go on the old firm crusade all they want to keep the status quo and the gravy boat filled, but that gravy boad has not sailed and there are no more status quo re-union tours.

The clubs in the second and third division do not and have never needed to know of the existance of the the OF, their money does not filter down to them. they might rely on 300 to 400 die hards, but they would rather keep those die hards for the next 10 years than 2 visits from the newco. the quick buck will help short term but they need these 400 guys for more than just the turnstyle money, these guys are the club, they run everything. And their chairmen know that. so dont be supprised if there are some clubs who will not vote for a newco in any form. there might not be sufficent numbers but who knows, but they dont like being bullied by the media of the SPL. And Traynor and Keeveins just dont get that. Doncaster is going to get a rude awakening too.

The death of traditional print media is tied in to this whole wonderful, sordid affair. It's very unlikly a lot of this would have happened if that vast majority of people were forced to rely on the newspapers to keep them informed. Moreover, the interent has allowed fans to not only spread information, but to consolidate opinion and exert that influence. It's trite to compair the death of rangers to the arab spring but it does have parallels.

Hagar the Horrible

The fact that the seethe against Der Hun by fans is even greater now, than it was when the Chairmen first spoke out, should help. Also the effect of the "Doncaster Document" getting out into the public domain will, I'm sure, have further pissed off many SPL Chairmen (as well as their SFL peers) further strengthening their resolve. I'm quietly confident that if the vote on allowing Servco direct entry to the SPL (the application for new SFA membership may be a game changer) goes ahead on the 4th, it will be a resounding "No to NewCo".

From what I have been hearing is the Doncaster Doc has had the serious effect of pissing of the lower league sides, and they dont like being bullied and will react. In fact that documnent has done wonders for the NO campaign, Its like a cold war double bluff, if it had been written by Vlad. If Doncaster had a brain, he should be open and honest and provide actual facts to the current state of play.

Using terms like Intigrity V Financal colapse as opposed to Uncompromising integrity v blood money

The death of traditional print media is tied in to this whole wonderful, sordid affair. It's very unlikly a lot of this would have happened if that vast majority of people were forced to rely on the newspapers to keep them informed. Moreover, the interent has allowed fans to not only spread information, but to consolidate opinion and exert that influence. It's trite to compair the death of rangers to the arab spring but it does have parallels.

Yep, it's great isn't it?

The fact that Traynor refuses to get a twitter account tells you all you need to know.

I personally am not a big fan of it, but as a broadcaster or a journalist, it is an excellent tool.

Unlike Traynor, who is a useless tool.

The Gasman

Thanks... I did see that report but all gone quite.

Just wanted to know if it was accepted, or knocked back for having to many TBC's?

There were rumours / suggestions that the "information pack" handed in on Friday didn't contain all the information required by the SFA, but there was never anything that I saw to confirm or deny that.

My guess is that we'll get a definitive statement from the SFA today or tomorrow, to let people know, before the SPL's meeting on the 4th.

Rick Grimes

Thanks... I did see that report but all gone quite.

Just wanted to know if it was accepted, or knocked back for having to many TBC's?

It won't be looked at until they have a league place of some kind. Expect it to be cleared with quibbles upon their entry into the Glasgow Sunday leagues in 2014.

Hagar the Horrible

Its quite apt, as when in the past the printed propoganda media gave their views as the only view, the populous had no option but to believe, it took mass rallies to sway public thoughts and to break the grip of propoganda as once you realise there are other who think as you do, and change can then happen. the red top media dont want change as their death is tied in with this,

Blogging sites this this contradict their views and are able to challenge them, wheras in the past, it was not worth the price of a stamp to write to them as it would have ended up in the bin in any case, noew the masses cant be ignored, and the Weggia are too dinosauresque to change, and its being changed for them beyond their control. They are unable to adapt to this new world

Its quite apt, as when in the past the printed propoganda media gave their views as the only view, the populous had no option but to believe, it took mass rallies to sway public thoughts and to break the grip of propoganda as once you realise there are other who think as you do, and change can then happen. the red top media dont want change as their death is tied in with this,

Blogging sites this this contradict their views and are able to challenge them, wheras in the past, it was not worth the price of a stamp to write to them as it would have ended up in the bin in any case, noew the masses cant be ignored, and the Weggia are too dinosauresque to change, and its being changed for them beyond their control. They are unable to adapt to this new world

Absolutely, it is apt and, as i said, parallels abound. It's just a bit trite to compare the overthrow of cruel and oppressive tyrants, who for years have sought to keep the masses captive and stupid, which, ironically, has lead to their own downfall with...oh it's too easy.

Anyway, that was real life, this is just football. Hopefully, it can turn in to more than that though. The sway of the red tops is massive and it is only a matter of time before their bias is shown up as lies.

Every club has glory hunters just look at May 19th at both end, but as far as the old firm are concerned is that they compete for leagues rather than the rare cup final.

The thing about glory hunters is, if there is no glory to hunt, there there is no glory hunters, Newco will get big crowds for the first couple and last couple of gamnes only, Celtic will dwindle as they will miss their equally evil and ugly sister, whareas the rest we will get the chance to know what life is going to be like, having fullfilled the OF dream, not being in the SPL anymore, so be carefull celtic what you wish for, we wish it of you too!

Nothing I'd like to see more than the tic pining for their dead brother and drifting away themselves. IMO the rest would flourish to a sustainable, and affordable level.

Let's take a year to look at current best practice, say the current German set-up. They changed their whole strategy whereby the clubs, players and fans have supported the changes for the greater good of their football.

With the same ambition and positive attitude we should be adopting a similar approach. (but not FFS Henry McPeesh's "blue"print)

Hagar the Horrible

Todays statement from Green

"My opinion upon right or wrong doesn't matter.

"We will continue to work to ensure Rangers play football next season and that we can look everyone in the eye."

The first is the issue that SDM had, he had no concept of that idea either, and hence that cancer has been cut out.

The later comment, only if you start at the bottom and work you way back to the top fairly, but thatwont happen if nobody can take the responsibility for old crimes

Hagar the Horrible

Nothing I'd like to see more than the tic pining for their dead brother and drifting away themselves. IMO the rest would flourish to a sustainable, and affordable level.

Let's take a year to look at current best practice, say the current German set-up. They changed their whole strategy whereby the clubs, players and fans have supported the changes for the greater good of their football.

With the same ambition and positive attitude we should be adopting a similar approach. (but not FFS Henry McPeesh's "blue"print)

Henry's blue print to have what 99% of fans did not want and that was a 10 team SPL, Henry's blue print had Liewells name all over it

King of the North

That Traynor article is astonishing.

What a fat hun w***. He has lost any credibility he ever might have had.

A by-product of this extraordinary summer must surely be that people have finally lost patience with the scoundrels in the Scottish Sports media.

Hagar the Horrible

Well Walter we are about to find out:

Walter Smith: Scottish football will die if Old Firm are denied move elsewhere

Oct 16 2009 this was printed in the DR!

So it looks like Rangers died because it could not sustainthe monster within, the rest of the league will be just fine

oh another think Walter GIRUY

Denny Crane

I suspect if the Record were certain that they wouldn't stand to lose half of their already declining readership should Newco have to start from Div three or even be thrown out altogether, they wouldn't be so willing to compromise integrity as they are laughingly doing right now.

Alva-Jambo

Yep, it's great isn't it?

The fact that Traynor refuses to get a twitter account tells you all you need to know.

I personally am not a big fan of it, but as a broadcaster or a journalist, it is an excellent tool.

Unlike Traynor, who is a useless tool.

Worse, he is a dangerous tool.

I am sure I am not the ist poster today who is disgusted at Traynor's rant in today's Daily Ranger.

And it is that association that is getting him riled up. He is scared as ++++ behind his ranting and bluster

about the terrible supporters and diddy SPL managers who have dared to get annoyed that Rangers are to be shoved into the Ist Divy .

HE is actually scared to death that he won't have four old-firm pages most days for the next year or three. His real 'economics argument' is that of the Daily Record - THAT is his true interest, sales of the paper.

I have never read such a scathing and scurrilous two pages from Traynor. He has also watered down his views of last month that RAngers should be punished, and sent to the 3rd Division. I remember him saying that on radio too. Now he thinks they have been punished enough. I reckon HIS boss at the Record has felt his collar.

It has not got me angry however, because you can always read between the lines with

Traynor and laugh at his tortured, metaphor ridden false reasoning.

His demands that 'Scottish Footballing Integrity should come above fans' demands' ( my words) is true - but with the opposite meaning of what TRAYNOR

has published.

There is NO moral footballing integrity in shoeing Sevco into the ist division. None whatsoever.

Traynor, turns reality, and morality, entirely on its head. But we are not fools, nor are the guys at Alloa, Stenny, Falkirk, Clyde, etc.

Edited by Alva-Jambo

super_vlad

A well written article that shows up Traynor for the bumbling incompetent oaf that he is.

Without a doubt the worse thing i've read on the whole thing! even a die hard moron rangers fan on FF would not have written that!

the first real casualty is more likely to be youth development.

Yeah that makes sense, when u are skint you go out and get expense experience players in!

132goals1958

Agreed --- it is about time we focussed on why the support has drifted away from the game, the main reason being the duopoly of Rangers and Celtic Paradoxically the absence of Rangers and the subsequent weakening of Celtic might just be the shot in the arm that is needed. The immediate problem in fulfilling existing contracts needs to be addressed, but cutting the cloth accordingly, together with more equitable distribution rights might see the game turn the corner.

Traynor will just suckle on the nearest juicy nipple that feeds his fat face. First it was true love Ardrieonians, then the Huns, I guess he'll be fawning over the tic next.

He's a big jabba that feeds on so much self indulgence until he has to boak it all up in his tawdry column for his weegie scavengers to feed off. Nob

Rudolf's Mate

Couldn't see this posted anywhere from Walter:

My link

There are a right few nuggets in this article however one of my favs is this:

Smith added: ?The reason I agreed to lend my name and reputation to their bid was because they were not looking for anything in return".

I love how he comes out and says his reputations yet won't confirm his involvement with the EBT's!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic