The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

They've been forced to go cap in hand to Ashley and seek a compromise. One I would reckon that probably suits Ashley just as much as King.

No doubt get shot down for this, and not a fan of Sevco in anyway (born and bread Glasgow Jambo who grew up with 9 in a row etc, so no sympathy for their plights)

I have heard there has been substantial investment for this year and next year by people based in the Middle East. Hence why they seem to be spending a lot of money on wages and transfers just now and backing the new manager while not got rid of the dead wood from last season.

The cynic in me would question if the new manager brought along the investment with him, with his previous job being in the Middle East. I.e more connected to him rather than Rangers board so happy to give a guy a job who can bring some investment with him too.

They'll have ?1 million for Walker then

It does make sense or the others are digging deep / getting desperate

Edited by Mikey1874

Haha SevCo claiming they've ripped up the deal with Ashley and started again! :)  Do you really think Big Mike would have done that?  He's maybe re-negotiated but I bet the length of the deal is longer, whatever it is will 100% suit Mike Ashley and the Sport Direct team.

They should make public the full details of the deal to show how it benefits both parties, if they're so proud of themselves.

alwaysthereinspirit

No doubt get shot down for this, and not a fan of Sevco in anyway (born and bread Glasgow Jambo who grew up with 9 in a row etc, so no sympathy for their plights)

I have heard there has been substantial investment for this year and next year by people based in the Middle East. Hence why they seem to be spending a lot of money on wages and transfers just now and backing the new manager while not got rid of the dead wood from last season.

The cynic in me would question if the new manager brought along the investment with him, with his previous job being in the Middle East. I.e more connected to him rather than Rangers board so happy to give a guy a job who can bring some investment with him too.

You would hope that this is true though. Wouldn't you Jamie. :)

You would hope that this is true though. Wouldn't you Jamie. :)

There we go. I waited a week to post that on here as I knew as soon as I posted what I was told I straight away someone would post that comment.

Haha SevCo claiming they've ripped up the deal with Ashley and started again! :) Do you really think Big Mike would have done that? He's maybe re-negotiated but I bet the length of the deal is longer, whatever it is will 100% suit Mike Ashley and the Sport Direct team.

They should make public the full details of the deal to show how it benefits both parties, if they're so proud of themselves.

The new deal is for one season.

BobbyJenkins

Wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BobbyJenkins

Diadora Van Basten

Sounds like they got the bill for the unpaid strips and rather than pay it they said they would lift the boycott and play in the same kit.

The Mighty Thor

Sounds like they got the bill for the unpaid strips and rather than pay it they said they would lift the boycott and play in the same kit.

Yip. That's my reading of it too.

King is spinning this as a lucrative new deal when it appears to be the only way they can exit the SD deal without getting royally horsed for the thousands of taps sat in Cashley's warehouses.

Big Mike will not be doing this for nothing.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Apologies if posted elsewhere, 'Craig Whyte' (or an account pretending to be him) on Twitter. Seems unlikely to be him, but can anyone confirm either way?

"I was unfairly framed, as the man who "killed" Rangers and ended their 140 years of history and then rightly found not guilty."

"I will be seeking justice against those who wronged me in court and they all know who they are. Their days will come."

"I'd also like to thank Donald Findlay QC for the hard work he put in, in order to defend me."

Yip. That's my reading of it too.

King is spinning this as a lucrative new deal when it appears to be the only way they can exit the SD deal without getting royally horsed for the thousands of taps sat in Cashley's warehouses.

Big Mike will not be doing this for nothing.

Positively brilliant spin on the situation 

On a personal level I'm expecting quite a few apologies from you and others given your past statements............like that's going to happen !!

What's not surprising that instead of admitting you and others got it wrong you try to twist the story to make personal insinuations which you know are not true but he ho its what's to be expected from posters like you on this topic...totally blind re the realities and unwilling to accept there may be a slightly different point of view. Anyone who dares to question finds the 'JKB inquisition' on their tail :uhoh2:

If you'd only listened to what you were told it would have saved you so much wasted effort in the fantasy posts many made.

As for Hearts and just for avoidance of doubt, my club, it will make little difference in the short term though of course it may give Rangers more money to spend (and let's hope a bigger bid for one of our players if the rumours are true) though I'd rather he signed a new deal with us.

In the medium to long term it will on the face of it make it more difficult to compete if Rangers finances ever truly get sorted out but that is the unknown factor. Of course the debts are substantial so even the medium term may not be realistic

I have made very few posts on this thread as I don't really give a monkey's about Rangers.

What I do dislike is your celebratory posts every time some thing positive happens for that lot.

You seem to have more time for The Rangers than is healthy for a supposed Hearts fan.

Are they playing next season in last year's kit? :lol:

Just as well they didn't win anything last season as then they'd have had to sew another wee star thingie on all those strips.

Are they playing next season in last year's kit? :lol:

Double post sorry. Edited by jambovambo

On a personal level I'm expecting quite a few apologies from you and others given your past statements............like that's going to happen !!

What's not surprising that instead of admitting you and others got it wrong you try to twist the story to make personal insinuations which you know are not true but he ho its what's to be expected from posters like you on this topic...totally blind re the realities and unwilling to accept there may be a slightly different point of view. Anyone who dares to question finds the 'JKB inquisition' on their tail :uhoh2:

If you'd only listened to what you were told it would have saved you so much wasted effort in the fantasy posts many made.

As for Hearts and just for avoidance of doubt, my club, it will make little difference in the short term though of course it may give Rangers more money to spend (and let's hope a bigger bid for one of our players if the rumours are true) though I'd rather he signed a new deal with us.

In the medium to long term it will on the face of it make it more difficult to compete if Rangers finances ever truly get sorted out but that is the unknown factor. Of course the debts are substantial so even the medium term may not be realistic

A personal apology.....you sanctimonious *^% you gave your opinion and passed it as fact while being a condescending arse to others.

Give me a break.

PeterintheRain

Oh the temptation ..no I musn't

Just give in and buy yourself a new one. 5xl is it now?

A personal apology.....you sanctimonious *^% you gave your opinion and passed it as fact while being a condescending arse to others.

Give me a break.

That's not much of an apology........still as I said sorry seems to be the hardest word

As a lot of Rangers supporters boycotted getting strips from SD, and soursed merchandise elsewhere, someone is going to be left with a lot of unsold gear...

That's not much of an apology........still as I said sorry seems to be the hardest word

Keep waiting......

IveSeenTheLight

I'm not hearing about this significant middle east investment.

If true, I'm sure it would have been reported on.

Even the BBC article on the SD deal states

Rangers chairman Dave King also revealed he and other shareholders - including Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor - have provided additional funding to the club in recent weeks in the form of interest-free loans.

Looks like more soft loans to me and banking on a good European run

buzzbomb1958

So once again Lying king is going to rip his followers off again by selling second hand strips and passing them off as new,are these fans that feckin stupid don't they know these same tops have been lying in a warehouse for the last year,He will probably charge the orcs 2017/18 prices.Im sorry but if these idiots can't see they are being turned over again they deserve everything that's coming

Give me a break.

Just listen to what you're told, Timothy.  David King has spoken and the media have parroted it--just listen to what you're told.

:lol:  That Pinnochio thinks this even serves as support for his position, much less ought to result in apologies for not believing his tripe at face value, is the funniest part.

I just don't get it.  The Mike boy has 12 months of the contract left and he negotiates a deal that's WORSE for him when he doesn't have to?

I'm with the idea that it's just a rouse to get a warehouse worth of sh1te shifted in the last 12 months.

Prince Buaben

I just don't get it.  The Mike boy has 12 months of the contract left and he negotiates a deal that's WORSE for him when he doesn't have to?

I'm with the idea that it's just a rouse to get a warehouse worth of sh1te shifted in the last 12 months.

This... 

Exactly what this is about. I think Ashley also now realises just how toxic Sevco are. Almost a fire sale of old strips being painted as great news for the orcs.

Didn't KIng say that ST sales would pay for the player investment

An extra ?5 million per year from shirt sales?

That's a hell of a lot of shirts.

?5,000,000

?40 a top?

Means, 125,000 to be sold.

That's not ?5M in profit though.  And if they are splitting the profit 50/50 probably looking at having to sell about 500,000 to get that much back in profit.

Pretty sure they probably could sell 125,000 tops across Scotland, but not 500,000.

Still don't think someone like Mike Cashley will be doing this for the good of the Rangers fans.

S.D are doing them for ?20 online. [emoji1]

86cefbde766dac6b78eeecefaf39f011.jpg

hahaha

Do they have a new strip this year?

If not, they need to sell 2,000,000 to get ?5M.

?10 cost, ?10 profit split between them.

Prince Buaben

hahaha

Do they have a new strip this year?

If not, they need to sell 2,000,000 to get ?5M.

?10 cost, ?10 profit split between them.

They are not changing the strip.

The Mighty Thor

Positively brilliant spin on the situation

It's more likely than the alternative that the lying king has got big Mike telt and the deal has been ripped up cos he says so.

It's a fire sale to clear thousands of taps. No more no less.

?5,000,000

?40 a top?

Means, 125,000 to be sold.

That's not ?5M in profit though. And if they are splitting the profit 50/50 probably looking at having to sell about 500,000 to get that much back in profit.

All about the spin. Fans see what they want to. ?5mill is the figure they want to talk about.

If it's ?5mill in revenue then take off 20% for VAT. Now it's down to ?4million. I'd guess at that point it would be fair to suggest taking off a further 10-20% for the costs of goods, distribution and staff costs.

So taking the 10% costs (guesswork) I'd predict ?5 million becomes ?3.6million quite quickly and that's before corporation tax (possibly none if it's now offset against losses).

If the split is favourable to Rangers then would it be fair to say 60:40? I'd suggest that it's possible that the ?5million is whittled down to ?2.16million quite easily.

Hagar the Horrible

100% Ashley is taking what he can, while he can.

Yeah but it is spun by the SMSM as King playing hardball with MA,  King showed him....dont mess with KIng etc etc etc? 

MA did what was best for MA, and make no mistake the thousands of unsold shirts, were going to cost King ?thousands

hence they are wearing last season shirts once again,  Its so sad and pathetic but lets see how the SMSM put a spin on that one?

Your shirts are so last season

sooooo last season

oh your shirts are so last season

When was the last time a team played in the same strip for more than one season?

Genuine question.

Yeah but it is spun by the SMSM as King playing hardball with MA,  King showed him....dont mess with KIng etc etc etc? 

MA did what was best for MA, and make no mistake the thousands of unsold shirts, were going to cost King ?thousands

hence they are wearing last season shirts once again,  Its so sad and pathetic but lets see how the SMSM put a spin on that one?

Your shirts are so last season

sooooo last season

oh your shirts are so last season

This is tragic.

Tragic how they're all getting taken in, and jumping to it.

Mike Ashley is never altruistic.

Mugs.

Hagar the Horrible

When was the last time a team played in the same strip for more than one season?

Genuine question.

early 80's  but for us we might have had a pony one 93/95  but the classic and best 1977-82

Unknown user

Give me a break.

I'm almost intrigued as to why he expects an apology, and from whom.

Almost...

Apologies if posted elsewhere, 'Craig Whyte' (or an account pretending to be him) on Twitter. Seems unlikely to be him, but can anyone confirm either way?

"I was unfairly framed, as the man who "killed" Rangers and ended their 140 years of history and then rightly found not guilty."

"I will be seeking justice against those who wronged me in court and they all know who they are. Their days will come."

"I'd also like to thank Donald Findlay QC for the hard work he put in, in order to defend me."

Craig Whyte created an account on Twitter just before the trial and quickly deleted it

I expect this is genuine

• Maple Leaf locked this topic