The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Don't ever want to read too much into any blogs (they tend to have an agenda) but he does raise one interesting point....

When this "cold shouldering" kicks in, Visa and MasterCard may stop dealing with Rangers, as well as Zebra finance - making the sale of season tickets almost impossible for them, though I'd guess they will have budgeted for the same (or more?) income than they got last year.

I guess the get out of jail card (not implying any jail time is on the cards btw) is that Zebra agree a credit agreement with individuals and not The Rangers FC International.

I guess they could easily hike credit charges too to cover potential issues.

Edited by Mysterion

doctor jambo

They could - the size of the fan base should easily be able to raise the sum needed . But they won't .

buzzbomb1958

They could - the size of the fan base should easily be able to raise the sum needed . But they won't .

Yip they let their club die once they'll probably stand by and let them die again

John Findlay

There will be lots of in fighting going on as I type. When it is allover. Those like Spiers, Jackson and their ilk will claim they knew what was going on all along.

Lying bassas that they are.

Next you'll tell me Chick Young is a Partick fan!

Whether they support the OF or not they will have to toe the party line to sell papers.

I guess the get out of jail card (not implying any jail time is on the cards btw) is that Zebra agree a credit agreement with individuals and not The Rangers FC International.

As part of this "cold shoulder" my understanding is that companies who are regulated by the FCA are very much discouraged (lent on?) from working with those that have been ostracised.

What that'll look like in the real world, I just don't know, but the pressure on Metro and Zebra (from their own shareholders, from the FCA, and possibly even from some of their own Directors) may be enough to ensure they do "walking away", though only time will tell for sure.

Blackford Hearts

The repayment is between the individual and the finance company, but there is also an agreement between the finance company at the the club to pay on behalf of the individual to the club.

Therefore it is extremely unlikely that finance terms will be offered.

I'm sure Hearts had no credit facilities on offer to fans for a while when our credit rating was zero?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Speaking of Zebra Finance, Rangers fan at work told me that if they bought their season ticket through them for this season, the club is automatically renewing for next season whether the fan wants it or not. :rofl:

marshallschunkychicken

Speaking of Zebra Finance, Rangers fan at work told me that if they bought their season ticket through them for this season, the club is automatically renewing for next season whether the fan wants it or not. :rofl:

Surely it's the case that it's an auto-renew with an opt-out? I could understand that with a monthly music subscription for example, but to do that with a season ticket is a bit shady.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Surely it's the case that it's an auto-renew with an opt-out? I could understand that with a monthly music subscription for example, but to do that with a season ticket is a bit shady.

He says the people affected were sent letters telling them they'd automatically renewed, and that was the first anyone had heard of it. :lol:

Footballfirst

What was the David Templeton legal case for?

I would guess, either disputed bonuses or unpaid holiday pay.  They may have reach a settlement out of court.  It looks similar to what happened in a case involving Black, Hutton, Foster and Simonsen a year ago.  http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14379514.Ex_Rangers_stars_drop_legal_case_against_the_club/.

Jambo-Jimbo

Surely not, a fine upstanding Gentleman like Mr. King wouldn't do something even remotely unscrupulous, especially where money is concerned.   :whistling:

John Findlay

Where ever you look with regard to Sevco it is rotten to the core. Definitely a case of whilst Rome burned. Nero played his violin

Where ever you look with regard to Sevco it is rotten to the core. Definitely a case of whilst Rome burned. Nero played his violin

I think it was a fiddle, rather than a violin, which is probably more appropriate.

...a bit disco

Where ever you look with regard to Sevco it is rotten to the core. Definitely a case of whilst Rome burned. Nero played his violin Ibrox burns, Dave King continues to fiddle.

:thumbsup:

King Of The Cat Cafe

Does the Kickback annual contribution not automatically renew?

Probably explains some of the shady characters on here ;)

As long as your card doesn't expire

I think the more shady characters are those NOT subscribing

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:rofl: they've just been told they've been auto-renewed?

We don't do walking away!!!! They wont let us.

Apparently aye, mental eh! :rofl:

I think it was a fiddle, rather than a violin, which is probably more appropriate.

A fiddle and a violin are the same beast, my friend, and said beast didn't exist in Nero's time.

If the story has any merit at all, then he probably played a kithara or similar.

Footballfirst

A Craig Whyte Twitter account has been opened.

Surely a parody, but enough to hook Barry Anderson in.

https://twitter.com/CraigWhyte22/following

Apparently not

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/876769/former-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-launches-twitter-page-to-post-updates-during-fraud-trial/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-ScottishSun-_-News-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Around 1700 followers already.

Edited by Footballfirst

I added on edit once I started to go trough more updates.

He doesn't half have a brass neck.

disgruntledfan

Entrepreneur Business Turnaround Strategist

this has to be a wind up or he is trolling brilliantly 

Hagar the Horrible

No wonder the written press is dead,  there is a massive story here,  nobody can get near King as he is in SA, but his cohorts are all in the UK and Level 5 their fushul media outlay, nobody has asked the basic question, are Rangers going down the toilet again only this time with a whimper?  Park has several businesses all around hamilton, the others work in the city where reputations are everything?  if KIng gets cold-shouldered then their reputations will be in tatters.  As for the Club, the Metro bank can close their account,  they dont provide overdrafts or loans to them, so its an easy process?  Zebra contracts with the fans so that might not be an issue?

Why is nobody hounding Letham, Taylor or Park for a quote?  even Level 5 must have a comment to make?  Even Sadam Hussain had his own guy offering less redediculous quotes that Fat Jim but silence??  come on?  This is not page 5 story beside a hair loss advert?  if this was Celtic or Hearts it would be a relentless campaign?  There must still be a Journo out there wiling to uncover the truth?

A few resonable questions?

1. Are you in agreement with King regarding ignoring the court ruling?

2. Will you and the other concert party members be making a statement?

3. Will you and the other concert party members be making an offer?

4. Will you and the other concert party members be selling up your shares?

5. Will you and the other concert party members be calling in your loans?

Its clear Letham, Taylor and Park have probably bitten off more than they can chew, but unless they come out either as individuals or as a concert party and state their standing then they muct be still in cahoots with King? 

This Concert party needs a cool name

Dave King and the Glibs?

A few resonable questions?

1. Are you in agreement with King regarding ignoring the court ruling?

2. Will you and the other concert party members be making a statement?

3. Will you and the other concert party members be making an offer?

4. Will you and the other concert party members be selling up your shares?

5. Will you and the other concert party members be calling in your loans?

Anyone can ask and probe at these questions. The most likely reason they haven't done is that they wouldn't get an informative answer. Something along the lines of 'I/We cannot comment publicly on that at this stage' under the cover of it not being in the best interests of the company to publicly discuss share movements of buying/selling thereof. It might even be illegal to do so.

I don't think anyone will say anything before the Court of Session case.

Anything said now could prejudice their chances.

A fiddle and a violin are the same beast, my friend, and said beast didn't exist in Nero's time.

If the story has any merit at all, then he probably played a kithara or similar.

A flute, surely..? ;)

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Anyone can ask and probe at these questions. The most likely reason they haven't done is that they wouldn't get an informative answer. Something along the lines of 'I/We cannot comment publicly on that at this stage' under the cover of it not being in the best interests of the company to publicly discuss share movements of buying/selling thereof. It might even be illegal to do so.

That's the best way not to get an answer you don't want to hear - don't ask the question! I do wonder, though, why we so often read that the person of interest (and not just football related) refused to answer or said 'no comment'? Could it be that a good journalist asks the questions then lets his readers know if it was answered or not, allowing them to draw their own conclusions? This is particularly revealing when someone who uses the media as his own personal PR team refuses to answer questions! In the event the wrong conclusion is reached by members of the public, it might make the person more likely to give an answer to the awkward questions the next time.

If you saw the clip Grant Russell of STV put up on twitter (which hadn't been shown on TV for some reason), King's furtive scuttle from the reporter and refusal to give an answer spoke volumes about why he wouldn't/couldn't answer awkward questions.

I think, though, that what is actually happening, in some cases, is that the questions are being asked of people in and around Ibrox, but the refusal to answer is not being included in what turns out to be a puff piece!

Edited by AllyjamboDerbyshire

Hagar the Horrible

At best I think what is happening is Journalists are asking if it OK to ask these questions and being told NO!!!!  so none of them are reporting on the story but are trying to bury it, but the hard facts in the public domain are only peing published AS IS?  but nobody is willing to go out on a limb, and ask anayway even to report we asked but the reply was "no comment".  thats tells a story on its own. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Won't be able to hide from the Court of Session judgement.

They might have to report the actual CoS decision, but I doubt many will ask the important and awkward questions, or even make it clear that King was in the wrong. If King says he's 'reached a favourable settlement' with the court (or something equally ridiculous), there will be some, at least, who will publish it as such, without question!

Hagar the Horrible

They might have to report the actual CoS decision, but I doubt many will ask the important and awkward questions, or even make it clear that King was in the wrong. If King says he's 'reached a favourable settlement' with the court (or something equally ridiculous), there will be some, at least, who will publish it as such, without question!

In order to protect shareholders from the like of King, the CoS will insist that King and the concert party offer all other shareholders the agreed price,  its not for King to decide if it is in the best interest of the club,  its about what is in the best interest of the shareholders, even if one shareholder selling 1 share for 20p is the only take up, however King must budget for worst case scenario which is ?11m plus expenses.    King is only acting in the best interest of King, and until the SMSM and their fans wake up and smell the lillies, King is taking back to the precipice once again.

Nobody will just be sitting there thinking it will just go away, the Zombie 4 will be running around trying to find a way out of this self induced mess.  I just dont get why the media is not asking for an update.

In order to protect shareholders from the like of King, the CoS will insist that King and the concert party offer all other shareholders the agreed price, its not for King to decide if it is in the best interest of the club, its about what is in the best interest of the shareholders, even if one shareholder selling 1 share for 20p is the only take up, however King must budget for worst case scenario which is ?11m plus expenses. King is only acting in the best interest of King, and until the SMSM and their fans wake up and smell the lillies, King is taking back to the precipice once again.

Nobody will just be sitting there thinking it will just go away, the Zombie 4 will be running around trying to find a way out of this self induced mess. I just dont get why the media is not asking for an update.

Correct, and King better have himself some sort of exit plan, as I'd guess one or more of his concert party may well be thinking 20p a share is worth taking to get out the mess that is Sevco.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

In order to protect shareholders from the like of King, the CoS will insist that King and the concert party offer all other shareholders the agreed price,  its not for King to decide if it is in the best interest of the club,  its about what is in the best interest of the shareholders, even if one shareholder selling 1 share for 20p is the only take up, however King must budget for worst case scenario which is ?11m plus expenses.    King is only acting in the best interest of King, and until the SMSM and their fans wake up and smell the lillies, King is taking back to the precipice once again.

Nobody will just be sitting there thinking it will just go away, the Zombie 4 will be running around trying to find a way out of this self induced mess.  I just dont get why the media is not asking for an update.

Agree with what you say, though I'd suggest that a great many of the bear shareholders will be imagining it will just go away, and their imagination is being fuelled by the lack of accurate reporting in the SMSM. I'd also suggest that a number of the SMSM reporters are also acting in the best interests of King, even if they don't have the self awareness to realise it.

Lincon Premier

What happens if King actually comes forward and says "I don't have ?11 million"?

He risks a jail sentence I believe. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic