The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Lincon Premier

White's case and the one quoted means that your normal person has to try and retain points submitted on day one. I can't remember what I did yesterday FFS!

Good grief. That is shocking. Potentially career and relationship ending.

Superb if you are looking for a change on both accounts.  :2thumbsup:

Your talking major jail time here, there's no way he's going down quietly if it goes that far.

We'll see how it pans out. I reckon every scenario, including jail time, was factored in from day one.

Tommy Brown

Someone from one of our offices is about to finish a multiple mortgage scam case as a juror which has been running since Sept.............2015.

Its been on so long his main group of friends are his fellow jurors.

That's hellish, can't get my head round it.

How often is he in court (everyday? 5 days a week)

That's hellish, can't get my head round it.

How often is he in court (everyday? 5 days a week)

Yup Mon-Fri he is in court. Dont imagine eveyday is a full day but he is out of the office permanently as far as i know.

He has been told that it will be done by Sept this year at the latest.

@jamesdoleman tweeting frequently. Wattie being cross examined by Donald Findlay.

Nothing exciting so far...

...a bit disco

Findlay asks if "prudent clubs will budget for being knocked out in the first round of a cup competition"

"I was never overly-burdened by the financial issues" Smith replies 2/2

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman

"I thought Mr McCoist was due the opportunity.. he did an excellent job for me" Smith tells the court

Go Ally!!!

Follow

James Doleman? ?

@jamesdoleman

Freelance legal/tech reporter. Also do bits for (link: http://byline.com) byline.com RT's not always an endorsement

London/Glasgow ?jamesdoleman.contently.com

2,537 FOLLOWING22,771 FOLLOWERS

TWEETS

MEDIA

James Doleman's Tweets

Pinned Tweet

22 Sep

Still my favourite journalistic line ever.

Embedded

43s

Smith says success on the field gives the club a chance to bring in other sources of finance"

#WhyteTrial

2m

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Smith says he would "point out the consequences of that action" ie, less success on the field

2m

Findlay suggests one way the debt could have been managed was to "cut costs" of playing budget

1/2

4m

Findlay suggests to Whyte "there was a tremendous financial burden on Rangers"

Smith says "the banks allow it to happen"

#WhyteTrial

5m

Findlay suggests that Whyte was only serious bidder for Rangers.

Smith agrees

#WhyteTrial

6m

Findlay "there wasn't exactly a stampede of people wanting to buy Rangers was there"? Adds " no wealthy Russian oligarchs"?

8m

Findlay suggests that in a police statement Smith said he told Murray: "you would stay until the club was sold" Smith agrees

"Throwing money at it doesn't guarantee success" Findlay suggests "it's a stupid idea" he adds

"It's a gamble" Smith replies

#WhyteTrial

3m

Findlay says Leeds United "tried to buy success" and are now in the Championship in England

"They had successful seasons" Smith replies

Findlay says Leeds United "tried to buy success" and are now in the Championship in England

"They had successful seasons" Smith replies

4m

Findlay suggests "speculating to accumulate is a dangerous business in football" Asks what happens if expensive player gets injured.

6m

Smith says success on the field gives the club a chance to bring in other sources of finance"

#WhyteTrial

Edited by Dannie Boy

Smith agrees a "Donald Muir" was on the board but did not know who appointed him. Agrees debt to bank was around ?18m in 2011.

3m

Findlay asks if Smith knew the banks were "about to pull the plug on Rangers" witness says he was aware bank had placed person on board.

4m

Findlay to Smith "In 2011 did you know financially how bad things were at Rangers

"Not exactly" he replies.

GorgieMIlls

Someone from one of our offices is about to finish a multiple mortgage scam case as a juror which has been running since Sept.............2015.

Its been on so long his main group of friends are his fellow jurors.

Did they have an xmas night out??

...a bit disco

i have concluded that Uncle Wattie Smith is a glib and shameless lying auld prick.

Smith says that as a manager he generally wouldn't know what players earned other than a "rough idea"

Minutes "Mr King insisted Rangers would always be afloat, either in an ocean or a small pond"

1/2

Findlay "Any idea what that means? Smith "No" Findlay "Me neither"

2/2

...a bit disco

McCoist says he was with Rangers until 2014 when he was put on "gardening leave"

McCoist tells the court he is aware of a company called "Ticketus" but not 100% sure of technical details.

McCoist says "there were players he wanted to sign, mentions Grant Holt and "a lad who played in Israel." Says offers made were "unrealistic

i have concluded that Uncle Wattie Smith is a glib and shameless lying auld prick.

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 40m40 minutes ago

More

Smith says that as a manager he generally wouldn't know what players earned other than a "rough idea"

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 13m13 minutes ago

More

Minutes "Mr King insisted Rangers would always be afloat, either in an ocean or a small pond"

1/2

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 12m12 minutes ago

More

Findlay "Any idea what that means? Smith "No" Findlay "Me neither"

2/2

[/quote

Being a glib and shameless liar is a prerequisite for Rangers old and new.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Has the Edinburgh festival started already! Or has Super Ally being sniff the potting soil.

jamesdoleman

McCoist is asked who the current captain of Rangers is.

Replies "David Weir I think"

Findlay notes is Lee Wallace

Is it any wonder Rangers went tits up when clowns like these were involved, clueless bunch of idiots.

buzzbomb1958

Is it any wonder Rangers went tits up when clowns like these were involved, clueless bunch of idiots.

I knew footballers were thick but this takes the biscuit

jamesdoleman

Findlay "who chose the players who came in"?

McCoist "I had the final say."

Cross-examination ends, case adjourns until Monday

#WhyteTrial

2m

Total player salary spend listed in docs is ?21m which Findlay says is more that Walter Smith spent season before

#

?21m to win a lower Scottish division!!! :lol:

You can't blame the likes of Wallace and Holt for going to Rangers when they're throwing money around like that. If I were a Sevco fan I'd be raging when I read that.

Edited by Dannie Boy

marshallschunkychicken

Has the Edinburgh festival started already! Or has Super Ally being sniff the potting soil.

jamesdoleman

If you're going to lie under oath, at least try to make it plausible, Ally.

Jambo 4 Ever

jamesdoleman

Why is he being asked who the current captain is?

To test his intelligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GorgieMIlls

Presumably to demonstrate how shite a football analyst he is 

jamesdoleman

Findlay "who chose the players who came in"?

McCoist "I had the final say."

Cross-examination ends, case adjourns until Monday

#WhyteTrial

2m

Total player salary spend listed in docs is ?21m which Findlay says is more that Walter Smith spent season before

#

?21m to win a lower Scottish division!!! :lol:

You can't blame the likes of Wallace and Holt for going to Rangers when they're throwing money around like that. If I were a Sevco fan I'd be raging when I read that.

Wallace was already at Rangees and would Tupe over to The Rangers on same contract.

As did McCulloch and Alexander on serious, serious dough.

Rangers were Championship favourites again when Holt signed but yep likeky a premium negotiated by his agent.

The originals such as Black and Templeton, now they have really have laughed all the way to yhe bank

Footballfirst

I made it to GHC this afternoon, where I manged join proceedings around midday after I had done what I needed to do in the East.

The surroundings in Court 4 are pretty decent. There were 27 seats set aside for the media, with around two thirds taken up, and a similar amount for Legal types. With 80-90 seats left to the public there is ample room for anyone who wishes to turn up and watch the case unfold.  For any others who may attend, the acoustics are good with the Judge, the witnesses and the prosecution and defence teams all audible.  It makes a welcome change from some of the preliminary hearings.

I won?t go over what was said in court, as James Doleman has covered it pretty well.

It was interesting to see the tactics of both sides with the two witnesses, Smith and McCoist.  Prentice for the Crown seemed intent to coax Smith into saying that the team needed investment around the time of the takeover and by implication Whyte had somehow failed to deliver on his promised ?5M.  Findlay on the other hand sought to demonstrate that Smith knew the constraints that the club was under financially using previous Board minutes that showed that Smith was much more aware of the financial situation that he admitted to in his answers to earlier questions. 

The prosecution?s attempt to replicate that approach with McCoist seemed to backfire, at least to me, as McCoist acknowledged that he was able to bring in players and extend contracts.  Findlay was able to show evidence that the monetary value of the transfers and new contracts did represent a significant investment in the playing squad for 2011/12.

Andrew Dickson?s name came up a couple of times and it was acknowledged by Findlay that he will be appearing as a witness. Incidentally, McCoist was number 79 in the witness list. Let?s hope that not everyone who has been listed will be called.

I was sitting maybe 12-15 ft behind Whyte and noted that he was very attentive when Findlay was questioning witnesses, but less so when Prentice was speaking.

It was abundantly clear that Findlay?s knowledge of football boardrooms, managers and football matters helps his effectiveness when questioning football people. I thought he was very respectful with the two witnesses, but was still able to draw out answers that helped set the scene of what was going on at the club in 2010/2011.

Edited by Footballfirst

No doubt the media will be ignoring the current circus inside Ibroke whilst all of this is going on.

Today's result won't have done Der Hun any favours....

No Scottish Cup final revenue, and their fans seeing how far in front Celtic are, at the very time the Season Ticket begging bowl will be coming out....

Jambo-Jimbo

Today's result won't have done Der Hun any favours....

No Scottish Cup final revenue, and their fans seeing how far in front Celtic are, at the very time the Season Ticket begging bowl will be coming out....

I wouldn't be shocked if 'Honest Dave' said for every pound the fans spend on season tickets he'll invest double or treble on new players.

He might even offer a free signed Queen Elizabeth poster with every season ticket sold, everyone personally signed 'With Love Liz R, WATP, FTP'

That'll shift the season tickets, no probs.

Unknown user

jamesdoleman

Wait a minute, is Ally Mccoist trying to say he honestly thinks 46 year old former assistant manager David Weir is the current captain?? Honestly??

Footballfirst

Wait a minute, is Ally Mccoist trying to say he honestly thinks 46 year old former assistant manager David Weir is the current captain?? Honestly??

No.  Findlay was asking McCoist about the signings he made before the start of the 2011/12 season, including Weir re-signing for another year and Wallace being signed from Hearts.

When Findlay asked who the current captain was, McCoist mis-heard the question as who was the captain at that time, so answered "David Weir", rather than Lee Wallace.

Unknown user

No. Findlay was asking McCoist about the signings he made before the start of the 2011/12 season, including Weir re-signing for another year and Wallace being signed from Hearts.

When Findlay asked who the current captain was, McCoist mis-heard the question as who was the captain at that time, so answered "David Weir", rather than Lee Wallace.

Aaaaaah cheers

No. Findlay was asking McCoist about the signings he made before the start of the 2011/12 season, including Weir re-signing for another year and Wallace being signed from Hearts.

Ally a bit deaf these days?

Doleman's up and running again for today :

"McIntyre agrees that Rangers was "at heart a business" with the aim of making a profit #WhyteTrial"

Maybe in his mind

Curious statement

"McIntyre "Ticketus would effectively own" the season tickets later sold to supporters. Charged a fee of ?160k for their services."

Blackford Hearts

Think the Sky mute button failed yesterday, though of course the GFA won't have heard any sectarian singing. I must have misheard it?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic