The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

At best I think what is happening is Journalists are asking if it OK to ask these questions and being told NO!!!!  so none of them are reporting on the story but are trying to bury it, but the hard facts in the public domain are only peing published AS IS?  but nobody is willing to go out on a limb, and ask anayway even to report we asked but the reply was "no comment".  thats tells a story on its own. 

unlike when they didn't ask vlad, they just made a documentary about him. their not just no asking the questions, they don't want the answers and they don't want anyone else to know either.

where's the documentary on sir david murray swindling in excess of ?100m from the taxman/people.

there's never been a bigger or worse cover up. the fact this is still being avoided by the weegie media 5 years later but still the center of discussion by the footballing public of Scotland says it all.

For what?

Contempt of court if doesn't follow any Court of Session judgement for which we don't yet have a date.

The issue is the financial regulators take the 30% rule (have to bid for all the shares once own 30% and they deem King as acting with the others - Leatham, Taylor and Park) seriously as its deemed 30% gives effective control allowing you to manipulate share prices and other dealings.

Lincon Premier

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 12m12 minutes ago

Findlay says that no proceedings today and his client is in London Jury selection expected to begin tomorrow with Mr Whyte in attendance

Surely a case for a warrant then? C White knew the trial date and if he didn't turn up it's contempt. Too often time and money is wasted so these clowns can do as they please.

Surely a case for a warrant then? C White knew the trial date and if he didn't turn up it's contempt. Too often time and money is wasted so these clowns can do as they please.

I've never understood why that doesn't happen, he must've known.

Footballfirst

I've never understood why that doesn't happen, he must've known.

James Doleman reported that the staff at GHC told him that no court had been allocated for the trial today, so I'm sure all the parties involved were aware of the circumstances.

James Doleman reported that the staff at GHC told him that no court had been allocated for the trial today, so I'm sure all the parties involved were aware of the circumstances.

Just some of the press.

Craig Herbertson

A fiddle and a violin are the same beast, my friend, and said beast didn't exist in Nero's time.

If the story has any merit at all, then he probably played a kithara or similar.

Vitally important to clear up this technical question. redjambo is correct in that the kithara rather than a fiddle is the most likely instrument Nero used. But even though the story might be apocryphal, the account by Tacitus, of a vain performer reveling in the beauty of the flame has a real ring of truth and it states that Nero sang :

Hoc incendium e turre Maecenatiana prospectans laetusque ?flammae?, ut aiebat, ?pulchritudine? Halosin Ilii in illo suo scaenico habitu decantavit.

paraphrased as:

Viewing the fire from the tower of Maecenas and delighting in ?the beauty of the flames?, he sang the entire ?Sack of Ilium?, dressed in his full stage costume.

The Glasgow media could almost quote what follows for their future editions:

Ac ne non hinc quoque quantum posset praedae et manubiarum invaderet, pollicitus cadaverum et ruderum gratuitam egestionem nemini ad reliquias rerum suarum adire permisit; conlationibusque non receptis modo verum et efflagitatis provincias privatorumque census prope exhausit.

Furthermore, to gain from this disaster all the spoil and booty possible - while promising the removal of the debris and dead bodies free of charge - he allowed no one to approach the ruins of his own property; and from the contributions which he not only received, but even demanded, he nearly bankrupted the provinces and exhausted the resources of individuals.

Vitally important to clear up this technical question. redjambo is correct in that the kithara rather than a fiddle is the most likely instrument Nero used. But even though the story might be apocryphal, the account by Tacitus, of a vain performer reveling in the beauty of the flame has a real ring of truth and it states that Nero sang :

Hoc incendium e turre Maecenatiana prospectans laetusque ?flammae?, ut aiebat, ?pulchritudine? Halosin Ilii in illo suo scaenico habitu decantavit.

paraphrased as:

Viewing the fire from the tower of Maecenas and delighting in ?the beauty of the flames?, he sang the entire ?Sack of Ilium?, dressed in his full stage costume.

Ac ne non hinc quoque quantum posset praedae et manubiarum invaderet, pollicitus cadaverum et ruderum gratuitam egestionem nemini ad reliquias rerum suarum adire permisit; conlationibusque non receptis modo verum et efflagitatis provincias privatorumque census prope exhausit.

Furthermore, to gain from this disaster all the spoil and booty possible - while promising the removal of the debris and dead bodies free of charge - he allowed no one to approach the ruins of his own property; and from the contributions which he not only received, but even demanded, he nearly bankrupted the provinces and exhausted the resources of individuals.

Verbum.

paraphrased as:

Who needs night class when Craig's around ;)

John Findlay

paraphrased as:

Cela va sans dire.

Another "interesting fact" the kithara or cithara as it is also known is the word source for the modern guitar.

Amazing what you can learn on a thread dedicated to the demise of the Rangers.

Craig Herbertson

It's all Greek to me!

Ancient Greek's probably more intelligible than the Ibrox press machine.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ancient Greek's probably more intelligible than the Ibrox press machine.

Definitely is in the case of Phil Three Names.

paraphrased as:

But .... Ecce! In picturam est puella. Puella est Flavia. Flavia est puella Romana....

Hagar the Horrible

But .... Ecce! In picturam est puella. Puella est Flavia. Flavia est puella Romana....

NO

nos autem populus

Ecce Romanov

You called?

stranraer-jambo

This brings back memories of my Latin classes (and my Latin Teacher, appropriately named Miss Adamus).

I think the daughter in Ecce Romani was called Cornelia, her friend Flavia, her brother Marcus, the slave Davus and someone else called Sextus IIRC,

I digress, though. Vagi sunt stercore bovis.

WTF

I think they're posting in Latin to stop Rangers fans from understanding - though I don't either.... ;)

Statts1976uk

In my textbook Ecce Romani she was called Cornelia! Definitely an unexpected flashback!!

Edit: beaten to it!!!

Edited by Statts1976uk

I think they're posting in Latin to stop Rangers fans from understanding - though I don't either.... ;)

gas is that you outing yourself as one of ra peepul?

In my textbook Ecce Romani she was called Cornelia! Definitely an unexpected flashback!!

Edit: beaten to it!!!

Aye but her friend was Flavia. Cornelia et Flavia sunt puellae romanae.

But yeah, sorry, all very OT.

Edited by FWJ

gas is that you outing yourself as one of ra peepul?

Definitely not..! ;p

....but I'd guess my knowledge of Latin is about the same as that of most Orcs. :blink:

Edited by The Gasman

Unknown user

Aye but her friend was Flavia. Cornelia et Flavia sunt puellae romanae.

But yeah, sorry, all very OT.

Ecce pueri. Pueri pugnant.

What exactly is the point of Latin in 2017? To the best of my knowledge it isn't a functional language, yet it's still taught in schools. I suppose Latin is a relevant subject to discuss on a thread about Rangers since both of them are dead.

Arsium stickium to both of them. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Definitely not..! ;p

....but I'd guess my knowledge of Latin is about the same as that of most Orcs. :blink:

Most orcs struggle with English as well.

What exactly is the point of Latin in 2017? To the best of my knowledge it isn't a functional language, yet it's still taught in schools. I suppose Latin is a relevant subject to discuss on a thread about Rangers since both of them are dead.

Arsium stickium to both of them.

Got me out of doing tech drawing. Was stercore at tech drawing.

Seymour M Hersh

Wee Latin lesson for you gas.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

• Maple Leaf locked this topic