The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

He currently runs the Louden Tavern in Copland Road along with his dad.

post-5690-0-78896500-1491836315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Shanks said no
Bearsden makes more sense now. There is a heated thread mentioning this bloke and Edmonton House. He is being accused of trying to get his hands on it for the Marshall families profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearsden makes more sense now. There is a heated thread mentioning this bloke and Edmonton House. He is being accused of trying to get his hands on it for the Marshall families profit.

I am tempted to think this is a parallel universe of drama that is unrelated to reality of Rangers Football Club.

However it might be the reality now.

That's not the one that FF mentioned above. That's the one that's closer to Parkhead than anywhere else.

This one then

post-5690-0-34385200-1491841193_thumb.jpg

...a bit disco

This one then

attachicon.gif20170410_155200_resized.jpg

"The Quintessential Rangers Supporters Pub"

:rofl:

How many actually know what that word even means?

Too many syllables for those brain dead wanks.

I work in an office in Glasgow and earlier in the season, I took a colleague from south of the border to Hearts v Rangers. Included a wee tour of Gorgie pubs and of course we won. Prior to the match, I pretty much apologised for him having to listen to the huns and their bile. He assured me he wouldn't recognise a sectarian song anyway and in any event, we never heard a peep from them as they were pumped!

Huns at work went a bit radio rental that I'd even dare to take him to Tynecastle. All the more fun that he was winding them up on social media throughout.

Anyway, a few weeks later they announced they had a ticket for him to go to Ibrox. This included a visit to the Louden Tavern.

I got one text from him; "I now know what a sectarian song is. This is like EDL on steroids - how do I get out of this hell?"

I work in an office in Glasgow and earlier in the season, I took a colleague from south of the border to Hearts v Rangers. Included a wee tour of Gorgie pubs and of course we won. Prior to the match, I pretty much apologised for him having to listen to the huns and their bile. He assured me he wouldn't recognise a sectarian song anyway and in any event, we never heard a peep from them as they were pumped!

Huns at work went a bit radio rental that I'd even dare to take him to Tynecastle. All the more fun that he was winding them up on social media throughout.

Anyway, a few weeks later they announced they had a ticket for him to go to Ibrox. This included a visit to the Louden Tavern.

I got one text from him; "I now know what a sectarian song is. This is like EDL on steroids - how do I get out of this hell?"

In fairness you should let him know that it's only a tiny minority of Rangers fans that are decent human beings :lol:

buzzbomb1958

Rangers have appointed a 'Supporters Liason Officer'.

Greg Marshall from later this month .

"...will represent the interests of both the club and supporters by building strong and harmonious relationships between the fans and relevant stakeholders through continual inclusion, dialogue and feedback"

Also "promote fan engagement and diversity" and "the main point of contact for individual supporters and supporters' clubs"

He will help empty their wallets

This one then

attachicon.gif20170410_155200_resized.jpg

I picture the scene from Trainspotting 2 ...

"It was on the field of battle, of hope we were bereft, by the time that it was over ............................................................. there were no more Catholics left" 

King has until Wednesday to make the offer instructed by the Takeover Advisory Board

:pleasing:

So far, the silence is deafening, but tomorrow certainly may prove to be interesting.

So are we expecting some sort of movement today re King and his compulsory offer? What happens if, by close if business today, he hasn't made any offer?

So are we expecting some sort of movement today re King and his compulsory offer? What happens if, by close if business today, he hasn't made any offer?

I wonder if he will just ignore it and carry on as if nothing has happened.

I wonder if he will just ignore it and carry on as if nothing has happened.

Surely no? Isn't this a legal obligation? What are the repercussions of failing to make an offer?

Surely no? Isn't this a legal obligation? What are the repercussions of failing to make an offer?

He and the club would become pariahs in the financial world.

Hmmm, they are that just now though are they not?

Skivingatwork

My understanding is that this is not a legal obligation but the chances of them securing investment from 3rd party sources would be next to nil.

As the poster mentions above, the reality is that they're probably already there so King won't see this as any kind of game changer.

My understanding is that this is not a legal obligation but the chances of them securing investment from 3rd party sources would be next to nil.

As the poster mentions above, the reality is that they're probably already there so King won't see this as any kind of game changer.

Yep, it would only my really become a real problem for them if their internal soft loans dried up and they desperately needed funding.

With no credit line and third party funders not interested things would become somewhat difficult for them.

If no offer transpires today I owned if the MSM will pick up on this. What ever credit history King and Sevco had would be tarnished. Would you'd deal with a man who totally disregards the norms of buisness?

Which highlights what a murky world business is.  

Here are the rules, what?  You don't want to play by them?  Um, you're a very naughty boy...um, shame on you...um...that's it.

Which highlights what a murky world business is.  

Here are the rules, what?  You don't want to play by them?  Um, you're a very naughty boy...um, shame on you...um...that's it.

Boris, you are absolutely correct in that assumption when it comes to the authorities dealing with larger companies, however, if you are a small fish in this very big pond watch your back because the bureaucrats in the organisations charged with overseeing the industry love picking on the small guys who do not have the financial muscle to defend themselves.

Whilst small independent companies were getting hammered with rules and regulations and being fined for relatively small mistakes Fred Goodwin and his cohorts were wining, dining and entertaining these same people whilst their banks were ignoring all the rules of prudent banking. They almost brought the country to its knees. What were the repercussions for Mr Goodwin? A massive pension for life, that was some punishment.

The Financial Services Authority (now the FCA) and the Bank of England should hang their heads in shame about what happened on their watch, however if I remember correctly no one from their hierarchy even had the decency to resign. Noses far too deep in the trough for decency to prevail.

Footballfirst

In the event of King being "Cold Shouldered", it would mean that he would have problems dealing with financial entities who are governed by the FCA.  In theory that could impact on Zebra who provide a monthly payment scheme for Season Tickets or Metro Bank with whom the club does its day to day banking.

If he ignores the ruling I don't expect that we will see anything happening overnight, but perhaps a series of small steps as financial services companies start to withdraw or not renew services.

The more interesting aspect from my viewpoint is how the other directors could be impacted by association.

...a bit disco

In the event of King being "Cold Shouldered", it would mean that he would have problems dealing with financial entities who are governed by the FCA.  In theory that could impact on Zebra who provide a monthly payment scheme for Season Tickets or Metro Bank with whom the club does its day to day banking.

If he ignores the ruling I don't expect that we will see anything happening overnight, but perhaps a series of small steps as financial services companies start to withdraw or not renew services.

The more interesting aspect from my viewpoint is how the other directors could be impacted by association.

Would that mean that the others 'guilt by association' could possibly impact on their own business interests then?

Glamorgan Jambo

It will depend on precisely who the 'cold shoulder' applies to. If it's just Dave King and his investment vehicles then I can't see it being massively significant for Sevco. If it's King and the other concert party members then it will be highly significant for the likes of Douglas Park who has many UK companies. I can't see it being applied to Sevco as a whole but we'll find out soon enough as I expect the Takeover Panel to make a statement in the next few days... assuming King's offer isn't forthcoming later today.

Very interesting point that FF regarding the other directors.

I note that the panel has only used that "cold shoulder" power 3 times in over 40 years and I think if it was to be used here it would prove that they feel they have been misled by the individual or individuals involved.

Surely Mr King is not the type of man to try and mislead anyone regarding his financial affairs and if he was I am sure our press will be all over this story. . :sarcasm:

Metro Bank?  I assume none of the big established banks don't want to deal with them. :tiny:

Another Robbo

According to an article in the FT (Myerson ostracised by cold shoulder) the first time the cold shoulder was used as a formal sanction was in 1992 against Andrew Drummond and Robert Prentice for disguising a takeover of Dundee Football Club.

...a bit disco

Metro Bank?  I assume none of the big established banks don't want to deal with them. :tiny:

To be fair, you can see the big attraction to a team like Rangers.

6a01053620481c970b0134858ef167970c-800wi

Jambo-Jimbo

Correct, been like that since 2012 I believe.

buzzbomb1958

Correct, been like that since 2012 I believe.

Sevco and lying king not to be trusted since 2012

John Findlay

The biggest crook in all this is, still getting away Scot free from both the msm and law enforcers. That person being Sir David Murray.

Very interesting point that FF regarding the other directors.

Could this be the reason there was a reshuffle of the Board recently?

So that's a "no offer" then. Let's see how the MSM report this now. Will King be taken to task over this flagrant disregard to the rules again especially as he's a "fit and proper person"

Toxteth O'Grady

So that's a "no offer" then. Let's see how the MSM report this now. Will King be taken to task over this flagrant disregard to the rules again especially as he's a "fit and proper person"

I wouldn't hold my breath.

SwindonJambo

The biggest crook in all this is, still getting away Scot free from both the msm and law enforcers. That person being Sir David Murray.

This in spades.  He knew exactly what he was doing when he sold up to Craig Whyte.  A dodgy wheeler dealer with shady previous and an easy scapegoat when the whole thing went tits up just a year later.  He was left holding the baby and though a shady character with a dodgy past, it was the club's mismanagement before his arrival which landed them in the shit and the one person responsible for that is Sir David Murray.  Why has that not been questioned hard enough and why has he not faced justice? Glasgow Media who licked his arse and gave him a soft ride. 

Jambo-Jimbo

This in spades.  He knew exactly what he was doing when he sold up to Craig Whyte.  A dodgy wheeler dealer with shady previous and an easy scapegoat when the whole thing went tits up just a year later.  He was left holding the baby and though a shady character with a dodgy past, it was the club's mismanagement before his arrival which landed them in the shit and the one person responsible for that is Sir David Murray.  Why has that not been questioned hard enough and why has he not faced justice? Glasgow Media who licked his arse and gave him a soft ride. 

As our American friends would say 'I'm just a patsy' that's what Whyte was, he was the mug set up to take the fall.

Whyte might have been driving the train when it hit the buffers, but that train had left the station long before Whyte ever got on board.

The Future's Maroon

The media seem very quiet on this subject, WHY?

As our American friends would say 'I'm just a patsy' that's what Whyte was, he was the mug set up to take the fall.

Whyte might have been driving the train when it hit the buffers, but that train had left the station long before Whyte ever got on board.

Whyte was the willing patsy, very well compensated for his role.

What did he do that is legally wrong ?...morally he has a case to answer but legally there nothing he can seemingly be charged with .

Of course Murray started the decline as he had their rise but the bank were effectively in control of Rangers when the entity was sold and Murray had no or little choice but to sell (of course the debt was also as a result of his poor decision making in running up such a debt when the economic crisis hit the world)

The bank did not care who released them from the debt and put pressure on Murray and co to take the first offer without any thought whatsoever of just who was completing the purchase.  The debt was reducing whilst they were in control in everything but name .. of course there was none of the investment in playing staff which was common when Murray was in control.

If we are apportioning 'blame' look at Lloyds Bank as well as Murray....the bank wanted out and as we have seen since many deals were made to reduce football debt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15393428

• Maple Leaf locked this topic