The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Malinga jesus a bit angry in your posting style no ?.

FF thanks as always with any insight, your opinion is as valid as any and you definitely cover more than most of us by interpreting the info out there.

lost in space

I for one hope football first continues to give us his insight and thoughts on all things Sevco , it makes life easier for the hard of understanding like myself .

Totally agree. I did wonder about Malinga's question to him but it was not insulting and FF answered well.

Healthy that nobody is beyond question, in my view.

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga jesus a bit angry in your posting style no ?.

FF thanks as always with any insight, your opinion is as valid as any and you definitely cover more than most of us by interpreting the info out there.

Didn't mean to come over as angry, just inquisitive as to FF's background. He, presume it is a he, answered honestly and that was good enough for me.

disgruntledfan

I have a degree that includes accounting, Scots Law, and economics yet I wouldn't dare comment on a set of accounts such as those that have been produced by Sevco and King. The fact that no accountancy firm is willing, or has even been asked, to sign off these figures is a red flag and so is the fact that a convicted felon is running the whole show.

These are not 'normal accounts' produced by a normal football club, they are accounts massaged and produced with caveats on virtually every line. The is a reason King was happy to be delisted and while having no NOMAD is held against King as a broken promise, which has it was, it is a situation that he is more than happy with as it allows him and his company to allow to operate without nearly as much restriction as they would see otherwise.

Commenting on these accounts is a foolhardy exercise as nothing, absolutely nothing, can be taken at face value.

What level of degree, Honours, first class, 2:1, 2:2, 3rd ? 

A layman can be just as educated as degree educated student, its all learnt from books after all.

Footballfirst

A layman can be just as educated as degree educated student, its all learnt from books after all.

Don't get hung up on it. I didn't take Malinga's post as confrontational. I just gave my interpretation as I saw it.

Jambo-Jimbo

Don't get hung up on it. I didn't take Malinga's post as confrontational. I just gave my interpretation as I saw it.

And I hope you continue to do so, which afterall your interpretation is much better than the vast majority of us on here could ever make.

Pretty Fabulous degree that covers accounting, law AND economics in one. Bet he's got an absolutely fantastic job from it.

I have a degree that includes accounting, Scots Law, and economics... 

Not another brick counter?  I can agree that, with over 20 years working in Contract Law, I am flummoxed reading the last few pages of this thread.    

I am considerate of your views FF, don't stop believing. 

Diadora Van Basten

Pretty Fabulous degree that covers accounting, law AND economics in one. Bet he's got an absolutely fantastic job from it.

It's quite common if you are doing an Accounting qualification to study Law and Economics as part of the Accounting qualification.

They are actually some of the first exams that you do towards your qualification.

It's quite common if you are doing an Accounting qualification to study Law and Economics as part of the Accounting qualification.

They are actually some of the first exams that you do towards your qualification.

He gave the impression he had degree level expertise in all 3 fields but 'wouldn't dare' comment on the accounts, which struck me as a bit of a feckin waste of the diploma paper it was written on......lol

Edited by CollyWolly

Geoff Kilpatrick

How did we get here? Debating the value or otherwise of people's qualifications ...

:wtf:

Probably in the same way we debate the quality, or lack of it, from the bloggers you constantly link to.

Unknown user

Do the last 20 posts mean that old Rangers were still cheating barstewards

Yes, and I say that as someone with a degree that includes cheating, the judging thereof, and dodgy shenanigans.

Diadora Van Basten

He gave the impression he had degree level expertise in all 3 fields but 'wouldn't dare' comment on the accounts, which struck me as a bit of a feckin waste of the diploma paper it was written on......lol

Why wouldn't you dare comment on historical records.

Economics is known as the dismal science precisely because Economists are so bad at predicting the future.

When the argument moves on so do the Economists.

It is not as if anyone keeps a record of how many times they are wrong.

Diadora Van Basten

Yes, and I say that as someone with a degree that includes cheating, the judging thereof, and dodgy shenanigans.

The thread has gone a bit off at a tangent and normally at this point a thread would die out but knowing Rangers, their fans and Dave King there will be another development to this tale just around the corner.

This thread has plenty of time left to run.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Institute of Bankers exams cover those subjects too, plus a few others Taxation, Foreign Business, Theory & practice of investment. At least they did in the 1970's - 1980's when I did mine. All so long ago.

Lincon Premier

No more about qualifications paleeeeeze

Damn. I was about to jump in with my qualifications. Certified motor mechanic, Ambulance technician, and I know how to use a broom. Oh and don't forget, an Edinburgh school's leavers certificate!

Damn. I was about to jump in with my qualifications. Certified motor mechanic, Ambulance technician, and I know how to use a broom. Oh and don't forget, an Edinburgh school's leavers certificate!

Oh you and your big city ways!

disgruntledfan

I will raise you two CSE's and a Scotvec module  :tiny:

Big Slim Stylee

and I know how to use a broom. 

A must-have qualification for anyone of a Rangers persuasion.......for sweeping things under the carpet.

I'll get ma coat.....

Lincon Premier

A must-have qualification for anyone of a Rangers persuasion.......for sweeping things under the carpet.

I'll get ma coat.....

Or trying to sweep snow of the lines. Should have stuck it out and played that game, positive we would have hammered them.

Edited by Lincon Premier

I for one hope football first continues to give us his insight and thoughts on all things Sevco , it makes life easier for the hard of understanding like myself .

I so agree......

I saw the 3 resignations , as they appear on a companies House screen, for the 27 march 2017......

Does that mean the 3 bears have left home....Leaving Goldilocks up to his neck in porridge.......

Yip. Quite a few professions cover them. Especially Scots law.

Change of subject ; after Ferguson, Brown, Lovenkrands were all interviewed as assistant coach with others touted. Does anyone else think Murty is the obvious choice and the interviews are a waste of time ?

Change of subject ; after Ferguson, Brown, Lovenkrands were all interviewed as assistant coach with others touted. Does anyone else think Murty is the obvious choice and the interviews are a waste of time ?

It may come down to what is the cheapest choice, rather than the best choice, or even the most obvious choice - as they're still trading at a loss, with no apparent strategy in place to resolve that.

Yes.

He has the link between 1st XI and their academy. It's far too obvious a choice that they'll not make it.

If they were to then I'd not be surprised if they gave Ferguson a job in the academy with an eye on PR.

Blackford Hearts

If Ferguson gets a job with The Rangers will Clyde be entitled to claim for compensation or will they come to an agreement whereby his leaving was deemed coincidental?

Unknown user

If Ferguson gets a job with The Rangers will Clyde be entitled to claim for compensation or will they come to an agreement whereby his leaving was deemed coincidental?

A manager's quite entitled to resign if he fancies applying for another job, Clyde are due nothing

Footballfirst

A manager's quite entitled to resign if he fancies applying for another job, Clyde are due nothing

Not if he's under contract and leaves without the agreement of the club.  He would leave himself open to be sued for breach of contract, although in most cases the club he goes to will settle via some compensation arrangement with the old club.

In Ferguson's case his contract was terminated by mutual agreement, so there will be no compensation involved.

Not if he's under contract and leaves without the agreement of the club. He would leave himself open to be sued for breach of contract, although in most cases the club he goes to will settle via some compensation arrangement with the old club.

In Ferguson's case his contract was terminated by mutual agreement, so there will be no compensation involved.

Would it not depend on the reasons for the mutual agreement.

If Clyde feel misled in anyway, and feel that Barry joining Rangers goes against reasons for him perhaps wanting to leave, would they perhaps have a case?

Footballfirst

Would it not depend on the reasons for the mutual agreement.

If Clyde feel misled in anyway, and feel that Barry joining Rangers goes against reasons for him perhaps wanting to leave, would they perhaps have a case?

I think Clyde's results under Ferguson were reason enough for the club to want him to go.

Hagar the Horrible

I think Clyde's results under Ferguson were reason enough for the club to want him to go.

3 points from 30 with the best squad in the division,  The Crab exited sideways before he was cooked.   Claw that one back i dare you

Unknown user

Not if he's under contract and leaves without the agreement of the club. He would leave himself open to be sued for breach of contract, although in most cases the club he goes to will settle via some compensation arrangement with the old club.

Has there been any suggestion that he left without the agreement of the club? Can an employer even refuse a contractually correct resignation? Edited by Smithee

Footballfirst

If a resignation mechanism is provided for within the contract then there is no issue, e.g. give three notice. However if a manager wishes to break his contract simply because he has the offer of a better job, then he can be held to the terms of the remainder of his contract. If the new club is that keen to bring him in, then that's generally when a compensation figure would be agreed between the two clubs.

Unknown user

If a resignation mechanism is provided for within the contract then there is no issue, e.g. give three notice. However if a manager wishes to break his contract simply because he has the offer of a better job, then he can be held to the terms of the remainder of his contract. If the new club is that keen to bring him in, then that's generally when a compensation figure would be agreed between the two clubs.

Ok but this doesn't apply to Ferguson does it? Clyde agreed he could leave, he left, he's trying to get another job.

Blackford Hearts

Ferguson quote at time of resignation: ?This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now and I feel it?s in the best interests of all parties.

?But I want to make it clear my decision has nothing whatsoever to do with the current situation at Rangers. It was purely about myself and Clyde.?

Ferguson quote at time of resignation: ?This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now and I feel it?s in the best interests of all parties.

?But I want to make it clear my decision has nothing whatsoever to do with the current situation at Rangers. It was purely about myself and Clyde.?

tbf he was whoring himself for the top job there and now is trying to sneak in the backdoor as assistant

Blackford Hearts

I suppose if he gets the job then his comments prove he's a perfect fit!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic