The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

AllyjamboDerbyshire

They already paid for the right to call themselves Rangers and all the intelectual property, some of that money will go to HMRC via liquidators.

So you are saying they are not 'Rangers', just some oddball company that has bought the 'right' to call themselves 'Rangers'. Nice one :2thumbsup:  Perhaps you could enlighten me with the figure paid to the liquidators of Rangers for this 'right to call themselves Rangers'?

You may have noticed, though, that there is an ongoing court case over the sale of the assets of RFC that might lead to the court finding that the assets were purchased fraudulently, and this might result in imaginary assets such as 'history' and 'rights to call themselves Rangers' being as worthless as the paper they are not written on.

However, what you say in your post has nothing at all to do with the short discussion that was going on about the possibility that HMRC might pursue Sevco/TRFC as a phoenix company.

Mike Ashley seems to have suffered a blow in his continuing saga with the current board

Some of the arguements made re stopping resolutions at the upcoming AGM were thrown out of court in Edinburgh with just one still left under consideration at a later date.

but he saved the club didn't he?

Edited by Dipped Flake

AllyjamboDerbyshire

They may pass their resolutions, but when they apply the last one to Ashley specifically and make his shares worthless in terms of voting power, there will be a new lawsuit, and Ashley will probably win that.

Or just decide that as he has no future at TRFC!

Instead of a fierce rival for power at the club, they might create a vengeful enemy, with no need to care about how his actions affect a business he no longer has an interest in.

Footballfirst

They already paid for the right to call themselves Rangers and all the intelectual property, some of that money will go to HMRC via liquidators.

Here is the breakdown of what Sevco bought in their ?5.5M asset purchase, according to D&P.

post-255-0-04693300-1448100078_thumb.jpg

And here is what Sevco judged to be the fair values of those assets in the 2013 accounts

post-255-0-57890000-1448100461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Toxteth O'Grady

Here is the breakdown of what Sevco bought in their ?5.5M asset purchase, according to D&P.

attachicon.gifSevco 5.5m.JPG

And here is what Sevco judged to be the fair values of those assets in the 2013 accounts

attachicon.gifSevco fair values.JPG

I love the term "negative goodwill" They can have a billion quids worth of that from me :)

attachicon.gifSevco 5.5m.JPG

attachicon.gifSevco fair values.JPG

I'd love to see the actual documents from administrators, detailing their valuation. The purchase included a bunch of liabilities, plus the deal with SPL / SFA was uncertain at the time (eventually they got accepted by taking on over 3 mil of liabilities). Not my area, but I assume the valuation of Ibrox / Murray Park and intellectual properties was reduced by liabilities and reflected the need to invest.

Not to say that they didn't get the business cheaply, they probably did, in my personal opinion. But I don't think it's as simple as 'they underpaid by 22.9 mil, simply because that was their adjustment for IPO.'

Edited by Hartford

I seem to remember there being a second offer for the Rangers back then, an offer which was refused because it was too late. How much did those people offer?

I seem to remember there being a second offer for the Rangers back then, an offer which was refused because it was too late. How much did those people offer?

Something related to Walter Smith I think. Also there was the yank aswell.

Something related to Walter Smith I think. Also there was the yank aswell.

Tow Truck Bill had a look and walked away (after getting threatened by fans of deidco). IIRC , he never made an offer and then it was made clear why : aside from the personal threats and intimidation he said the club was basically a basket case.

The Future's Maroon

about the possibility that HMRC might pursue Sevco/TRFC as a phoenix company.

Please believe me, this is not a possibility.... :toff:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Please believe me, this is not a possibility.... :toff:

I didn't suggest it was. I was responding to a post that was referring to a post suggesting HMRC might go after them as a phoenix company.

Or are you suggesting it's not a possibility, but is, in fact, closer to being a certainty? Much as I'd like to see it happen, I can only imagine the only possible reason for doing so was because they (HMRC) are totally p*ssed off by the whole episode and really want to give football a message it can't ignore!

From a post on Follow Follow.

?Michael Ashley fails in legal bid to interfere with Rangers AGM

Mike Ashley made a late bid this week to obtain an interdict to stop three resolutions going before the Rangers AGM.Today in the Court of Session in Edinburgh two of his arguments were thrown out and the third, and least important, was continued to a later date.

Essentially resolutions 9, 10 and 11 set out to give the Rangers Board power to issue new shares, to convert loans from wealthy fans into shares and to remove Ashley?s voting rights as he already has a considerable interest in another European club, namely Newcastle United. As this issue also involved the SFA is it likely to run and run.

By leaving the legal challenge so late, Ashley?s representatives have continued in a long campaign that suspiciously looks like an attempt to wear down the club and directors by issuing legal complaint after legal complaint ? costing the club hundreds of thousands of pounds and having the threat of personal liability hanging over the directors.

This latest humiliation for Ashley is unlikely to be the last attempt to browbeat Rangers but must surely make his advisors and shareholders in Sports Direct question the sanity of allowing such an embarrassing farce to continue as it increasingly looks like ego rather than business sense is the motivating factor.?

A newer article on this lawsuit -- it looks like Ashley's lawyers gained interim interdict against the resolution no.11.

Rangers' fans will probably moan about Ashley interfering, but IMO it's a blessing in disguise for the Rangers, because the resolution was crazy and I'm sure they would've lost a lawsuit against Ashley if they passed and applied that resolution. Better to be stopped early.

Well, to be clear, it's not completely stopped yet, interim interdict only means that they can't adopt that resolution in their AGM until the judge looks at it again and makes final decision.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3327971/Mike-Ashley-drags-Rangers-court-Newcastle-owner-continues-bitter-feud-Ibrox-board.html#ixzz3s7hd9i6J

Mike Ashley drags Rangers back into court as Newcastle owner continues bitter feud with Ibrox board

• Mike Ashley owns Newcastle and has a nine per cent stake in Rangers
  • The Sports Direct billionaire dragged the Ibrox club back into court
  • Ashley's representatives were at the Court of Session on Friday
  • They sought to halt three resolutions due to be considered by shareholders

By Mark Wilson For The Scottish Daily Mail

Published: 01:16, 21 November 2015 | Updated: 01:16, 21 November 2015  

Mike Ashley has dragged Rangers back into court ahead of the club?s AGM ? in the latest outbreak of hostilities with the Ibrox hierarchy.

Sportsmail understands lawyers representing the Newcastle United owner were at the Court of Session on Friday seeking to halt three resolutions due to be considered by shareholders next Friday.

It is believed they were successful in having an interim interdict granted against only one special resolution put forward by the Rangers board.

2EA6519E00000578-0-image-a-15_1448068225

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley also has a nine per cent stake in Rangers

That had called for the removal of the voting rights from any shareholder involved in the running of another club. As well as his controlling interest at Newcastle, Ashley owns a nine per cent stake in the Ibrox outfit.

In March, the Sports Direct billionaire was fined ?7,500 ? later reduced to ?1,000 ? when the SFA decided there had been a breach of their rules on ?dual influence?. The following month, Rangers were fined ?5,500 for a related breach.

The Ibrox board had sought approval of the resolution to guard against any future breaches but would have required 75 per cent backing at the AGM for it to enter the company?s articles.

While it seems that move has been halted by Ashley?s court challenge, action against two other resolutions ? relating to the board?s ability to allot shares ? is thought to have failed.

Ashley?s increasingly bitter feud with the Rangers board had already opened up two further legal battles.

2E1AD7CF00000578-0-image-a-23_1448068389

+3

Ashley's lawyers have already begun action alleging Ranger chairman Dave King breached a gagging order

His lawyers have begun action alleging that Rangers chairman Dave King breached a gagging order ? obtained by Sports Direct in June ? during an interview with Sky Sports.

Ashley is also challenging the SFA?s decision to pass King as a fit and proper person to take up his boardroom role. The governing body gave King the go-ahead in May after assessing his tax convictions in South Africa and the fact he sat on the club?s board prior to administration in 2012.

The SFA have confirmed they will be defending the petition for judicial review, with a hearing set for February 4.

Rangers declined to comment on the matter on Friday night. 

Aberdeen fans made a detour to Hampden this morning to pass on some messages to the blazers.

CUaLeYoW4AAiwdX.jpg

CUaOQmxWwAAaCti.jpg

CUaN3XDWsAAoQpq.jpg

It should be 'inquiry' and not 'enquiry'.

Footballfirst

I agree, but both are acceptable in general usage.

?Enquire? or ?inquire??

The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of ?ask?, while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ?make a formal investigation?.

In practice, however, enquire, and the associated noun enquiry, are more common in British English while inquire (and the noun inquiry) are more common in American English, but otherwise there is little discernible distinction in the way the words are used. Some style guides require that only inquire or only enquire be used.

• Could I enquire about your mother's health?
  • She inquired about the library's rare books collection.
  • Every enquiry is very welcome.
  • Adam helped the police with their inquiries.

Both words derive from the Old French enquerre, from a variant of the Latin inquirere, based on quaerere 'seek'. The same root word can be seen in various modern English words, including acquire, require, conquer, quest, request, inquest, and question.

Edited by Footballfirst

alwaysthereinspirit

At least they're bringing and keeping attention to and on the subject.

An enquiry of an offer of ?10m for Ibrox was put to D&P which they knocked back saying a deal had been done with Green in the event of the CVA failing.

Just catching up

Nice to see competition - old firm sympathisers in media always say a competitive league is needed

of course they mean Celtic v Rangers but Championship is producing after last year's one sided procession

Falkirk in there as well

Rangers losing more points - how many before Warburton and Weir are sacked?

Rudolf's Mate

Education is as ever is high in the psyche of the board. Well done guys.

Yep it would have been much more acceptable had they drawn a big ****** on it :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said near the start of the Sevco turning into Newco, (while I was working for Hector and the very department which brought about the original action against them - just throwing that in to assure folk I am not just second guessing), that I believed that they were operating under a Phoenix Company....I stand by these thoughts to this day, and hopefully this will be confirmed in coming weeks or months ;-)

Phoenix companies aren't illegal though. Unless it was proven that SDM etc (or Whyte) was behind Sevco (in order to dump debt and walk way) then there is no issue ? Am I right ?

Aberdeen fans made a detour to Hampden this morning to pass on some messages to the blazers.

CUaLeYoW4AAiwdX.jpg

CUaOQmxWwAAaCti.jpg

CUaN3XDWsAAoQpq.jpg

Good to see. Respect to those Aberdeen fans.

The pressure on the SPFL to not brush this under the carpet when the process has taking its course must be kept up.

i wish jj was my dad

Good work by the codheids.

We can't let allow this to be brushed under the carpet.

Together with the sheep we could get Doncaster, Regan etc to flock of for the good of Scottish football

Together with the sheep we could get Doncaster, Regan etc to flock of for the good of Scottish football

I would be suprised that's it's only us and the Aberdeen fans who have had a gut full of these weasels at Hampden. Let's hope it's agreeing trend.

I couldn't find anything on the BBC about the Aberdeen fan protests at Hampden. Has it been covered by any other outlets?

Is the SMSM picking up on this at all.. if this was us these banners would be splashed over tomorrows back pages.

Or have they ordered big carpets to sweep them under, as to be expected.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Edited by Yipeekaiyay

Funny* how through much of the Romanov era we'd have Hearts stories headed by "Tynecastle Turmoil" and pictures of broken Hearts crests and yet Rangers pretty much only got the broken crest treatment when the CVA failed.

*By "funny" I mean "not surprising at all".

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there's no mention of the Aberdeen fans visiting Hampden, because that would require an actual story explaining that most fans do want a proper investigation and punishments.

This is excellent work by the sheep it keeps the spot light on this subject and until tainted titles are stripped the pressure must stay on. :deal2:

This is excellent work by the sheep it keeps the spot light on this subject and until tainted titles are stripped the pressure must stay on. :deal2:

And dispels the SMSM myth that it's all about angry Celtic fans who just won't let it go.

Hats off to the guys.

Hackney Hearts

And dispels the SMSM myth that it's all about angry Celtic fans who just won't let it go.

Would be even better coming from Hearts fans, as even these days some people STILL believe we have slight Rangers sympathies. Then we could put two myths to bed at the same time.

Would be even better coming from Hearts fans, as even these days some people STILL believe we have slight Rangers sympathies. Then we could put two myths to bed at the same time.

Let's see what AB has to say - I'm hoping she will make HMFCs position clear , assuming there is no appeal , that should happen quite soon.

It would of course, but you might upset the dinosaurs whose sympathies lie towards the the bigots on this board 

Footballfirst

Statement o'clock once again

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/notice-to-shareholders/#.VlMuStITuNY.twitter

Notice to Shareholders in connection with the Annual General Meeting (?AGM?) of Rangers International Football Club PLC (the ?Company?)

On the afternoon of Thursday 19th November 2015, the Company received notification of a Petition by MASH Holdings Limited to, inter alia, grant interim interdict obliging the Company to withdraw Resolutions 9, 10 and 11 from consideration at the Company?s AGM.

The Petition was heard at the Court of Session on Friday 20th November 2015 and the Company successfully resisted the Petitioners motion for interim interdict in respect of Resolutions 9 and 10, ensuring that shareholders will be given the opportunity to vote on these Resolutions.

The Petitioners were successful in their application to require the Company to withdraw Resolution 11 from consideration by shareholders at the AGM. Although the decision has been made on an interim basis only until the Petition can be fully considered by the Court, this means the Resolution will not be presented to the meeting and shareholders will not be afforded the opportunity to vote upon it. The Company will now consider how best to proceed.

Resolution 11 was intended to afford the Company with protection against a further breach of the Scottish Football Association?s Disciplinary Rule 19 on dual interest whether relating to MASH Holdings Limited and related parties? interests in the Company and its main operating subsidiary, The Rangers Football Club Limited while MASH Holdings Limited is also the ultimate parent company of Newcastle United Limited or any other shareholder who might have such an interest now or in the future. The Company is under an obligation to demonstrate the utmost good faith to the Scottish Football Association (?SFA?) in relation to any possible breaches of disciplinary rule 19. Shareholders will be aware that related parties of MASH Holdings Limited have other contractual relationships with members of the Group of Companies of which the Company is the holding company. The terms of these relationships are confidential and in some cases the subject of the interim injunction granted before June?s General Meeting. Shareholders are therefore reminded that the Board will be restricted at the AGM in answering questions concerning these arrangements.

A dual interest arises where, except with the prior written consent of the SFA?s Board, a member of a football club in membership of a national association which is in membership of FIFA (a ?Club?) is involved in the management or administration or has any power to influence the management or administration of a Club and is at the same time directly or indirectly a member of another Club and is involved in or has the power to influence its management or administration.

The Rangers never out of court these days

a few people turning in their graves or shaking their heads at all this

bringing game into disrepute as well

Edited by Mikey1874

These court cases must be eating into their never ending loans. I'm not sure what these costs are for lawyers and court expenses but I'd imagin they are like getting a quickly divorce.

Edited by Dannie Boy

This part of the statement made me laugh

The Company is under an obligation to demonstrate the utmost good faith to the Scottish Football Association (?SFA?) in relation to any possible breaches of disciplinary rule 19.

These court cases must be eating into their never ending loans. I'm not sure what these costs are for lawyers and court expenses but I'd imagin they are like getting a quickly divorce.

The first Bear's wallet was found to be too empty

The second Bear's wallet was unfortunately left in South Africa

The third Bear's wallet was just right

This part of the statement made me laugh

The Company is under an obligation to demonstrate the utmost good faith to the Scottish Football Association (?SFA?) in relation to any possible breaches of disciplinary rule 19.[/quote

Edited by Riccarton3

alwaysthereinspirit

The Rangers never out of court these days

a few people turning in their graves or shaking their heads at all this

bringing game into disrepute as well

If open discussions regarding moving lock, stock and barrel to England, are not seen in the eyes of our third rate association as bringing the Scottish football sport into disrepute, then there is no such charge should ever be mentioned to any other team or player. Ever..

• Maple Leaf locked this topic