The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is seriously going to run and run ...

I pity the poor Rangers fans ...

(no I don't)

:lol:

And this is while they're still floundering in the lower leagues and bleeding losses. Just wait until they're pushing the CL place and there's a sniff of some serious dough. Fun ain't even started.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

And this is while they're still floundering in the lower leagues and bleeding losses. Just wait until they're pushing the CL place and there's a sniff of some serious dough. Fun ain't even started.

If they do come up they'll be doing great just to stay up.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If they do come up they'll be doing great just to stay up.

True. But eventually it's inevitable they'll creep to the top. And if Ashley is willing to turn the screw now, doesn't bear thinking about what he'd do then.

The whole Roger Mitchell interview is hugely depressing, especially trying to equate the overspending of Hearts and Motherwell (and others) to the crimes of Rangers. Apart from his general sweep-it-under-the-carpet attitude and nonsensical drivel about France and Germany and dying on the battlefield, the bit that stood out for me was this dismissive remark:

"What we're talking about here is fans' bragging rights".

Well maybe, yes. Maybe that's what it is about. But what else should football be about? Is it just a way of getting a couple of dozen young men out of the house to kick a ball about? Get some fresh air? What's the point of all those points given out for wins or draws, what's the point of goal difference and league tables?

People pay lots of money to support teams in the hope that they'll have some sort of bragging rights - even if it's just for winning a local derby, or beating a 'big' team in a one-off game.

If it's shown one particular team's bragging rights have been gained illegally over many many years - why does Roger have a problem with those rights being withdrawn? There seems to be a basic lack of understanding of how football works.

And we let this man run our game.

]

"What we're talking about here is fans' bragging rights".

Dundee Utd didn't think so when Sevco demanded money for a player they didn't even develop !!

In the end , IIRC, the development payment was split between deidco & newco ?

Ha ha - even as someone who is in this list I had to laugh at that. Very cutting but i enjoyed it. The train is quite a lonely place sometimes tbf given some of the cr8p we all watch. Engineering works and a 6 hour journey home after a defeat is a particular 'highlight'.

I'd like to be apologised to individually by the SFA and each EBT receiver. They can pay for my transport.

?1,690 on its way..........oops,sorry.:)

Have a look at the full interview before jumping in. He actually speaks a bit of sense on this tbh. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34782949

Sense,the guy is a twat pure and simple,quote 'Rangers came back from the dead.'lmao what a *****.

This is the clown who,after being offered a great deal from Sky Sports decided it wasn't good enough and took an offer from Setanta instead and we all know what happened next,he doesn't have a clue.

Seymour M Hersh

Im caught in a bit of a quandry when it comes to MA I think what he has done to potentially open up a can of worms for the SFA is a huge positive in clearing out a nest of vipers that would put FIFA to shame however he is doing it for his own ends and he is a thoroughly horrible human being who I never really want to see prosper.

I suspect nothing happens till the 28days are up and then a statement from the SPFL and SFA.

I think if there is a full independent enquiry forced upon all parties due to pressure from the fans then there will be some resignations coming in pretty soon after, either that or be prepared for the shredder to go into overdrive.

The big question is will LNS be disregarded and a new enquiry open based on the HMRC result, I have to say Scottish football is more than capable of sweeping this under the carpet where as any other organisation would be out infront of this.

What's he done to cause that comment?

Seymour M Hersh

Have a look at the full interview before jumping in. He actually speaks a bit of sense on this tbh. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34782949

It's sycophantic OF pish. How that little shite ever got into the position of power hid is one of life's great mysteries. Only beaten by how Doncaster came to be employed by the SPFL.

Seymour M Hersh

I wouldn't say Ashley is any kind of "champion" : he is doing this simply because King has severely p'd him off. King threatened to reveal what I would call " commercial in confidence" information about the merchandising deal (which the DR has spun into Ashley behaving badly - gagging order - when it is King who has behaved questionably and been slapped down by the judge. King has further antagonized King IMO with that last statement about the legal fight and now he is paying the

price. Quite clearly Ashley seems intent on making life difficult for King. Very difficult.

Perhaps he should have inserted the word inadvertently.

Gretna - Liquidated - Thrown out the Leagues

Rangers - Liquidated -  Not thrown out the Leagues

Someone bent the rules

And if things had been done properly, we would never have had this much fun. 

What's he done to cause that comment?

His zero hours contract policy, his lack of any sense of care for staff when he tried and failed to bin his workforce without any consultation 10mins after giving them a letter putting them on notice.

He just comes across as a total bellend who has no care for people who he employs, all they are is a means to an end.

That doesnt sit well with me and i appreciate he isnt the only one who exploits but i dont see him as any sort of champion just someone who hates King which in turn might do us (Scottish Football)a favour.

Edited by Jamboelite

His zero hours contract policy, his lack of any sense of care for staff when he tried and failed to bin his workforce without any consultation 10mins after giving them a letter putting them on notice.

He just comes across as a total bellend who has no care for people who he employs, all they are is a means to an end.

That doesnt sit well with me and i appreciate he isnt the only one who exploits but i dont see him as any sort of champion just someone who hates King which in turn might do us (Scottish Football)a favour.

Well said.

Anyone who sees themselves as on the same side as Ashley should draw breath and think what that means.

He looks after himself and no one else.

His actions will cost Scottish football a small fortune but still who cares about that, certainly not many on this board it seems.

Oh and a man who, as a major shareholder, sat through the Charles Green era seemingly doing nothing whilst monies were squandered and perhaps more. Still that's okay it seems though just how I fail to understand.

Edited by CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga

After listening to Richard Wilson tonight on Sportsound, I believe this thread can now be closed. Richard has informed everyone that he has full confidence in Dave King and his board and that King has given an undertaking, yes I know he has actually spent virtually nothing in real cash, and has been described as a Glib and Shameless liar, to his board that he will meet any shortfall in funds.

When Spiers made a statement to say that Ashley had actually put more money into Rangers than King, Richard Wilson jumped in within a split second to defend King and ridicule, what remains an indisputable fact.

Forget about courts, forget about stripping titles, forget about cheating, just sit back and allow King and Rangers to take their rightful place at the top.

Daydream Believer

Well said.

Anyone who sees themselves as on the same side as Ashley should draw breath and think what that means.

He looks after himself and no one else.

His actions will cost Scottish football a small fortune but still who cares about that, certainly not many on this board it seems.

I sort of agree, but it's getting to the point where Scottish football needs a massive shake up and a clear out before anyone can have any real confidence in it. So it's "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" for me, for now.

King is right in that a line needs drawn under all this, but the only way to do that is to get to the bottom of everything that's gone wrong, make the changes necessary to ensure it doesn't happen again, and only then draw the line IMO.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I sort of agree, but it's getting to the point where Scottish football needs a massive shake up and a clear out before anyone can have any real confidence in it. So it's "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" for me, for now.

King is right in that a line needs drawn under all this, but the only way to do that is to get to the bottom of everything that's gone wrong, make the changes necessary to ensure it doesn't happen again, and only then draw the line IMO.

Only when Rangers are hit with the same punishment as Gretna there can be a line drawn imo. Until then there is no such thing as fair sporting competition in Scotland.

You need folk with money to take corruption to task. Ashley has the money. The fact he isn't an angel is a/ predictable and b/ hardly upsetting.

I've seen my team hammered year on year on some jumped up disciplinary sham; unheard of fines into six figures yet some bleat on about the money Ashley is going to cost the authorities. Good. What goes around , comes around.

Edited by Riccarton3

Toxteth O'Grady

On the case of King being an unfit person to be a director. How would Hearts shareholders feel if one of our directors decided to deny you your voting rights?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Only when Rangers are hit with the same punishment as Gretna there can be a line drawn imo. Until then there is no such thing as fair sporting competition in Scotland.

Gretna voluntarily resigned from the league. They were not expelled.

One punishment they did receive by the old SFL was to be placed in the 3rd division prior to their resignation because they couldn't give any guarantees on fulfilling fixtures.

Geoff Kilpatrick

On the case of King being an unfit person to be a director. How would Hearts shareholders feel if one of our directors decided to deny you your voting rights?

The directors can't decide that though. It has to be supported by shareholders.

After listening to Richard Wilson tonight on Sportsound, I believe this thread can now be closed. Richard has informed everyone that he has full confidence in Dave King and his board and that King has given an undertaking, yes I know he has actually spent virtually nothing in real cash, and has been described as a Glib and Shameless liar, to his board that he will meet any shortfall in funds.

When Spiers made a statement to say that Ashley had actually put more money into Rangers than King, Richard Wilson jumped in within a split second to defend King and ridicule, what remains an indisputable fact.

Forget about courts, forget about stripping titles, forget about cheating, just sit back and allow King and Rangers to take their rightful place at the top.

For someone who looks to portray himself as a journalist, Richard Wilsons slavish devotion to Rangers is just downright embarrassing. The minute anyone has a negative comment about them, he's right in there giving it the party line. Time the BBC was ditching him.

Hagar the Horrible

For someone who looks to portray himself as a journalist, Richard Wilsons slavish devotion to Rangers is just downright embarrassing. The minute anyone has a negative comment about them, he's right in there giving it the party line. Time the BBC was ditching him.

At no point has he taken a neutral view and look at it objectively, he cant look at the bigger picture and assess what impact does Rangers blatant cheating have on the whole game?  Nobody will want to play in our league nor will any sponsor wish to add their name to a corrupt league.  Does he write for the Rangers view.  Get this Wilson the game IS bigger than Rangers and they are toxic

WorldChampions1902

The minute anyone has a negative comment about them, he's right in there giving it the party line. Time the BBC was ditching him.

To be fair, your description is spot on..................about many of the so-called BBC football journalists.

Big Slim Stylee

well now we kn ow you are a hun supporter so no point arguing with you

Oh yes I'm such a hun:)  I'm just obviously in the minority that can't get worked up about this "cheating" nonsense that's leveled all over the place.  It achieves the square root of feck all.  

Why can't we just enjoy the fact that it's going to be painful for them for years?  They are as much a shambles off the park as they were three years ago. 

By Rangers " morality"  aka  Rodger whotsit and Sportsound,

Hearts should be docked ( perhaps  cup?) because VLAD's money poured in. 

- Vlads money was Vlads money.  its totally different

Rangers Money issues were tracked to Tax avoidance.  The illegality has been crystalysed - it is exposed.  

Kings money  - who knows? 

There is no reason Hearts are in the same Boat as the proven guilty oldco ( as was Ran gers)  Oldco was. end of. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

By Rangers " morality" aka Rodger whotsit and Sportsound,

Hearts should be docked ( perhaps cup?) because VLAD's money poured in.

- Vlads money was Vlads money. its totally different

Rangers Money issues were tracked to Tax avoidance. The illegality has been crystalysed - it is exposed.

Kings money - who knows?

There is no reason Hearts are in the same Boat as the proven guilty oldco ( as was Ran gers) Oldco was. end of.

Sigh. How many times? It is bugger all to do with debt levels. It has everything to do with players being remunerated outside of their contracts!

Sigh. How many times? It is bugger all to do with debt levels. It has everything to do with players being remunerated outside of their contracts!

A simple concept many seem unable to grasp

Big Slim Stylee

Didn't we play hardball in registering people like Bednar through Kaunas specifically to avoid paying higher levels of UK tax?  And then default on paying tax at their source?  The whole thing is just financial semantics.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Didn't we play hardball in registering people like Bednar through Kaunas specifically to avoid paying higher levels of UK tax? And then default on paying tax at their source? The whole thing is just financial semantics.

What if we did? Did Bednar receive payments outside of his contract?

The same could also be said of..

J D Wetherspoon,

McDonald's

Hobbycraft

Tesco

Subway

Burger King

Domino's Pizza

The Spirit Pub Company

Boots UK

Buckingham Palace

The National Trust

The Tate Galleries

Cineworld,

Hertz Car Rental UK

Yo! Sushi

Who all also use zero hours contracts too..

Ashley's no angel, but he's also not a convicted criminal who swindled creditors & Sars out of millions either tbh.

Without Ashley's ?10m loan offer & them taking ?5m of it Sevco would prob have entered administration, Ashley's actually invested more into Sevco than King & the current board oddly enough.

Listen i dont have any love of King or anything but MA is a bawbag have a look at the USC warehouse staff issue i havent seen McDonalds do that.

At a tribunal he was criticised for ?disgraceful and unlawful employment practices? so lets not paint him as a white knight.

Just cause i dont like MA doesn't mean if he gets wholesale change at the SFA it isnt worth if but he does it for himself and his end game not ours.

Edited by Jamboelite

Gretna - Liquidated - Thrown out the Leagues

Rangers - Liquidated -  Not thrown out the Leagues

Someone bent the rules

Dumbcaster and Regan Brown paper bags it is now time that sevco go cheats need to die

Konrad von Carstein

Didn't we play hardball in registering people like Bednar through Kaunas specifically to avoid paying higher levels of UK tax?  And then default on paying tax at their source?  The whole thing is just financial semantics.

"WE" ?

So again its our fault the hatred is all bitterness and poor Rangers havent they suffered enough.

Absolute garbage if people had done their jobs in the initial investigation this wouldnt be the outcome.

With upcoming court cases threatening to rip the authorities apart and one that could end up with Rangers paying Charles Green's legal fees then the time for getting stocked up on popcorn is now...

I love popcorn too.

:pleasing:

Didn't we play hardball in registering people like Bednar through Kaunas specifically to avoid paying higher levels of UK tax? And then default on paying tax at their source? The whole thing is just financial semantics.

You are aware there is a massive difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion? Something many get confused with.

One is legal the other illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorldChampions1902

With upcoming court cases threatening to rip the authorities apart and one that could end up with Rangers paying Charles Green's legal fees then the time for getting stocked up on popcorn is now...

I love popcorn too.

:pleasing:

Since the onset of the 'Sevco Saga', my popcorn consumption has soared to such an extent that my teeth have subsequently been replaced with dentures. This makes maceration of popcorn very uncomfortable and now strictly off-limits.

Exactly.

The moral issue is a side show.

We are in double jepeordy mode.

Should LNS be full and final or was he signficantly misled to re-open.

Looking forward to the SFA FPP court case especially.

Hope they lose miserably to show the world how incompetent and corrupt they really are.

Looking forward to the SFA FPP court case especially.

Hope they lose miserably to show the world how incompetent and corrupt they really are.

More importantly, the 'processes' & discussion will be open to public scrutiny... one reason I think there may be a deal done ahead of the appearance in court, to prevent this becoming public knowledge...

WorldChampions1902

There must be a low sugar option, no?

Good point!

Sadly........for me......it's a lifetime of Steradent.

Damn you Sevco!

Kids.........DON'T DO DRUGS...........or popcorn.

More importantly, the 'processes' & discussion will be open to public scrutiny... one reason I think there may be a deal done ahead of the appearance in court, to prevent this becoming public knowledge...

It's gonna be interesting to find out why MA asked for the judicial review. What does he stand to gain from it ? Is he bringing it just to cause trouble for King . Or is there something much more worrying for King (and the SFA) - that the SFA circumvented due process (re the post I nicked from TSFM).

Once again, Speirs is out with the emotive language, into overdrive. Reads like he has hit the bottle. Dressing up the debate how he wants it to be seen by those looking in. Fans just want Rangers dealt with as if they were any club in Scotland, no different from East Stirling or Aberdeen. Without fear or favour.

That whole piece could be termed irresponsible in the extreme .

Edited by Riccarton3

...a bit disco

'My God, Rangers have suffered. The cruel event of 2012 for those Rangers fans who held up the banner ? ?History is our heartbeat, No to liquidation? ? cannot be underestimated. There is an argument that further punishment of the club is futile and even vindictive.'

Aye, nice one Spiersy.

Diadora Van Basten

Once again, Speirs is out with the emotive language, into overdrive. Reads like he has hit the bottle. Dressing up the debate how he wants it to be seen by those looking in. Fans just want Rangers dealt with as if they were any club in Scotland, no different from East Stirling or Aberdeen. Without fear or favour.

Its all emotion and as has been posted before Rangers have not been punished, their plight is merely a consequence of their actions.

The SPFL have rules to follow and this hasn't happened. In the past teams that broke the rules were treated harshly, now apparently we have to consider if it's in the best interests of Scottish Football when "Scottish football" actually means the old firm.

I do agree that the SPFL should wait until it has been confirmed that no further appeal is going to take place before taking action but just now the silence from them is deafening.

Roger Mitchell was a little toad while he was in office and since he left he'd disappeared but all of a sudden he's audibly wetting his breeks on air since the appeal found in HMRC's favour ??

He made such a song and dance of being a Celtic fan on the radio, however he didn't come across as reasoned or understanding.........hang on, sorry, he is a Celtic fan of course.....but does he have something to hide in this as well ? Was he complicit in these dealings ??

Suddenly he's out from under his rock screaming "Why can't we all just stop picking on Rangers and get along now????"

Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....

WorldChampions1902

There is an argument that further punishment of the club is absolutely necessary and wholly justified.'

FTFY Spiersy.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic