The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

I kind of get the feeling that Mike is like playing Ramsay Snow(Bolton) to Kings Theon Greyjoy (REEK) just a play thing, and no amount of cruelty is crossing any sort of line.

Tomorrow is another day but with the boards resolution being scuppered to expose some/all of the onerous contracts all that King can do is vote against repaying the loan at this time, I don't think Mike cares if he wins or loses that battle, but if he did repay the loan it would take some of the wind from Mikes sails surely? King will have more to answer to about the Nomad and the delisting. Its getting captivating again and we are not even anywhere near the red wedding yet?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

On balance, I think today's judgement will work marginally in King's favour, although Ashley achieved the confidentiality he sought.

King's will feel that the fans will increasingly back him in believing that SD's contract is skewed inordinately in Ashley's favour and may support him further re ST sales, boycotts of SD, or in a share issue.

Ashley won the big picture argument. I would expect that all SD's deals with clubs or other parties are all different with varying degrees of profitability in SD's favour. It may well be that the TRFC deal is one at the upper end of the revenue share, but in the end it will suit Ashley for the finer detail not to become public.

There is clearly a clash of personalities between Ashley and King, so I suspect that Ashley will continue to try to expose King's increasingly apparent lack of ready cash.

Note that today's injunction has very little, if anything, to do with the Loan facility.  That may be the next target for Ashley.

I suspect that King might well be rather relieved that the judge found in favour of SD/Ashley, for if she hadn't, King would have had to give details of a contract that would only show how weak his/TRFC's position is; and, other than making the bears even angrier at SD, what would he actually gain? I doubt any boycott could lead to any more than a slight discomfort to his (Ashley's) Glasgow operation, which he'd gladly solve with a few redundancies, or shop closures. Basically, he has a lot less to lose than TRFC and it's supporters.

In my opinion, King's intention to expose the terms of the contract was designed to deflect from the Ashley demands for clarity on the NOMAD and delisting scandals, probably hoping that by revealing the details of the contract he'd cause such an uproar that little time would be available to address the NOMAD and delisting questions, and he'd get away with a response similar to his usual non-answers. I'm still pretty certain he won't give proper, and definitely not honest, answers to Ashley's questions, but now he will, at least, have nothing to hide behind and may well be hung by his own words.

Edited by AllyjamboDerbyshire

tartofmidlothian

I kind of get the feeling that Mike is like playing Ramsay Snow(Bolton) to Kings Theon Greyjoy (REEK) just a play thing, and no amount of cruelty is crossing any sort of line.

Boke. What a thought.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Aye because we'll know all about blethering erses taking fans up the rear.

Not sure what you mean, but it sounds painful, so I'm glad that I don't get it!!!

Aye because we'll know all about blethering erses taking fans up the rear.

Our boy was scrutinised from the off, too, given the full treatment by those that influence opinion. I don't see any parallels with King to help the feeble minded fan.

King Of The Cat Cafe

On balance, I think today's judgement will work marginally in King's favour, although Ashley achieved the confidentiality he sought.

King's will feel that the fans will increasingly back him in believing that SD's contract is skewed inordinately in Ashley's favour and may support him further re ST sales, boycotts of SD, or in a share issue.

Ashley won the big picture argument. I would expect that all SD's deals with clubs or other parties are all different with varying degrees of profitability in SD's favour. It may well be that the TRFC deal is one at the upper end of the revenue share, but in the end it will suit Ashley for the finer detail not to become public.

There is clearly a clash of personalities between Ashley and King, so I suspect that Ashley will continue to try to expose King's increasingly apparent lack of ready cash

Note that today's injunction has very little, if anything, to do with the Loan facility.  That may be the next target for Ashley.

I tend to agree with you, FF. This was a court case that was not about a court case. There may have been other agendas. From what is in the public domain, it seems to me that it was easily settleable (if there is such a word) outside court. Rangers could have said "we did not leak anything, but if it keeps you happy, we will sign an agreement not to discuss the contracts at the EGM."

Maybe they did make that offer and SD rebuffed it, or maybe both sides were content for some dirty laundry to be washed in public.

So ashley wins in london, also rumours on sky that he also won an interim interdict at the CoS in edinburgh but no other info.

I think this is ashley getting king and co backed into a corner, he now has a legal gag on them, if they break that it's contempt of court. EGM tomorrow where more humiliation awaits the glib and shameless one.

This isn't about the 5m being paid back, this is about ashley exposing king and the 3 stooges and mini me(paul murray) as liars and incompetents.

The sevco board are going to have to answer some simple questions 1) why not just pay the loan back 2) why no nomad? 3) why the quick delisting?. The glib and shameless one stated he had money and he had a nomad, turns out, (q cilla black) surprise surprise, he doesn't appear to have either.

I wouldn't be surprised if ashley goes after them for share price manipulation after the boycott call last year and the failure to deliver on what they promised before the egm vote in march. The 3 stooges arse's will flapping as they could get dragged in as collateral damage as ashley goes after the glib and shameless liar.

The 2 court cases are ashley's equivalent of the first panzer divisions coming over the border with lots more to follow.

Plus this is reducing wee stevies warchest for players with all these costs mounting up.

I suspect that King might well be rather relieved that the judge found in favour of SD/Ashley, for if she hadn't, King would have had to give details of a contract that would only show how weak his/TRFC's position is; and, other than making the bears even angrier at SD, what would he actually gain? I doubt any boycott could lead to any more than a slight discomfort to his (Ashley's) Glasgow operation, which he'd gladly solve with a few redundancies, or shop closures. Basically, he has a lot less to lose than TRFC and it's supporters.

In my opinion, King's intention to expose the terms of the contract was designed to deflect from the Ashley demands for clarity on the NOMAD and delisting scandals, probably hoping that by revealing the details of the contract he'd cause such an uproar that little time would be available to address the NOMAD and delisting questions, and he'd get away with a response similar to his usual non-answers. I'm still pretty certain he won't give proper, and definitely not honest, answers to Ashley's questions, but now he will, at least, have nothing to hide behind and may well be hung by his own words.

Agreed - He must have seen todays proceedings coming surely

I suspect that King might well be rather relieved that the judge found in favour of SD/Ashley, for if she hadn't, King would have had to give details of a contract that would only show how weak his/TRFC's position is; and, other than making the bears even angrier at SD, what would he actually gain? I doubt any boycott could lead to any more than a slight discomfort to his (Ashley's) Glasgow operation, which he'd gladly solve with a few redundancies, or shop closures. Basically, he has a lot less to lose than TRFC and it's supporters.

In my opinion, King's intention to expose the terms of the contract was designed to deflect from the Ashley demands for clarity on the NOMAD and delisting scandals, probably hoping that by revealing the details of the contract he'd cause such an uproar that little time would be available to address the NOMAD and delisting questions, and he'd get away with a response similar to his usual non-answers. I'm still pretty certain he won't give proper, and definitely not honest, answers to Ashley's questions, but now he will, at least, have nothing to hide behind and may well be hung by his own words.

Double post Edited by Disco Dave

Like how the BBC has two pictures of Ashley leaning back, laughing, as if at rangers. Pretty clear where this impartial organisation stands.

They also "forgot" to mention that this morning's legal action by SD follows some of the confidential information already being leaked (in breech of the agreement signed by both parties) apparently to the DR by Rangers.

Jambof3tornado

So an unnamed source will leak the next lot of confidential information. Whats the punishment king could expect.

So an unnamed source will leak the next lot of confidential information. Whats the punishment king could expect.

That would be contempt of court. You can be put in gaol for that...

OK I've kind of scan-read today's action. Couple of points:

It is totally normal to protect the confidentiality of commercial contracts.

My mother asked me today if Rangers are still owned by the "Greenock mafia"...lol. Apparently it is dangerous to say anything against the Easdales in public in Greenock...!

The irony is that if the above is true - my mother was born in Greenock and has friends there still - then Rangers have gone from being run by alleged local gangsters to being run by convicted international felon...

Talk about out of the fireplace into the fire...lol

King Of The Cat Cafe

Don't know if it has been mentioned here before, but according to today's Times, only 75p of every ?10 spent on Rangers merchandising goes to the club.

Don't know if it has been mentioned here before, but according to today's Times, only 75p of every ?10 spent on Rangers merchandising goes to the club.

if true then this is 25% of the profit margin which must itself be 30%. So the total profit is ?3.00 and Sevco get a quarter. If they repay the ?5m they'll get just over ?1.50 per ?10 spend. Edited by Spellczech

OK I've kind of scan-read today's action. Couple of points:

It is totally normal to protect the confidentiality of commercial contracts.

My mother asked me today if Rangers are still owned by the "Greenock mafia"...lol. Apparently it is dangerous to say anything against the Easdales in public in Greenock...!

The irony is that if the above is true - my mother was born in Greenock and has friends there still - then Rangers have gone from being run by alleged local gangsters to being run by convicted international felon...

Talk about out of the fireplace into the fire...lol

Ah, the Driscoll brothers, how I miss their cheery faces at sevco press conferences and agm/egm's.

So blatantly using the DR as their corporate PR machine has backfired. P Murray and King coming across as amateurs

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-interim-chairman-paul-murray-5287851

might do them good if they are to be there long term to learn from this

Ashley could destroy them though - not looking good for Rangers

unless they can find the big money to pay Ashley off etc etc

if true then this is 25% of the profit margin which must itself be 30%. So the total profit is ?3.00 and Sevco get a quarter. If they repay the ?5m they'll get just over ?1.50 per ?10 spend.

Whats even better is that they have to pay full price for any unsold stock that sd have left, kerching.

if true then this is 25% of the profit margin which must itself be 30%. So the total profit is ?3.00 and Sevco get a quarter. If they repay the ?5m they'll get just over ?1.50 per ?10 spend. so if a top costs ?60 then by paying back the loan Rangers make extra 4.50 per top(being 6 * 75p), but this equates to 1.1111m tops! Lol so Ashley gave the loan to keep Sevco in business. If Ashley makes 13.50 per top then his loan is worth 370k tops to him...that is a lot!

Angus Young

I think more of them are slowly catching onto kings moonbeams. As a snake oil salesman he's not in the same league as Green though. [emoji1]

Good call in my opinion he is in line with Craigy boy and pot less paul the other bears in the club have been duped.

Edited by munch2

Jambof3tornado

That would be contempt of court. You can be put in gaol for that...

King cannot be held in contempt of court for an anonymous source revealing secret info! Once the cats out the bag it cannot be put back in.

The way i see it... Big Mike can't be the boss of Rangers. Da Peepul won't accept it after all this onerous contract stuff, court cases etc and the strips bouycot.

Baws burst as far as Big Mike is concerned.

So a few questions....

Does he want the 5m back and ride out whatever merc deals he has that are legally binding?

Or the juicy option, is a billionaire taking personally and trolling the shit out of them.

Ive got a dream scenario he owns them Lock Stock and the billionaire arsehole in him says gonna park you up Third Lanark style and bulldoze your asbestos filled stadium, then posting a smug as **** picture on Servco's official website.

Buts whats the chances he wants control of the club?

A year or so ago he was wrestling control of the club and the PHM in me thought ****... dont want Ashley is charge of Rangers. Cheering on dual ownership barriers. Now id love him to be in full control.

How things change.

The alternative... DK., fills me with joy as well. ****ed either way

tynietigers

I don't think it's about the 5m anymore I think this is coming down to MA being pissed off that King thinks he can try and make MA look like a mug, which he isn't going to accept because nobody does that and now he is going to use his power and money to say who is the bigger man and King will be left the one pissed off.

I don't think it's about the 5m anymore I think this is coming down to MA being pissed off that King thinks he can try and make MA look like a mug, which he isn't going to accept because nobody does that and now he is going to use his power and money to say who is the bigger man and King will be left the one pissed off.

Quite possibly.

Paul Murray and Douglas Park are successful businessmen and rich compared to most folk, but seem to be small fish when swimming with a shark like Dave King.

Dave King in turn may find he's way out his league when trying to compete with Mike Ashley, and may come to regret having been quite so publicly confrontational and taking him on, rather than trying to work with him.

To paraphrase a quote; "the problem with pulling the tiger's tale, is that sooner or later you'll have to deal with its teeth."

Edited by The Gasman

the leaking of info is another minus in dave's personality, is there some form of review in the FPP rule ? or do the splflplfafaalp or whatever their called just lift the carpet and keep sweeping.

http://www.cityam.com/217756/rangers-fans-call-boycott-mike-ashleys-sports-direct-wins-egm-injunction? so the sevconians will not buy shirts in protest but the onerous contract says that sevco have to make up the money to meet the contract :2thumbsup:

the sevconians by imposing this ban are sticking the knife into the tribute acts corpse. :sunny:

As this part of the contract will be covered by the injunction (I'd expect?) it will stop King & Co from pointing out to the supporters that any boycott directly damages the Club.

King may find he has to (doubtless through gritted teeth) actually encourage fans to buy Rangers merchandise from Sports Direct, just to minimise the Club's potential liability.

As this part of the contract will be covered by the injunction (I'd expect?) it will stop King & Co from pointing out to the supporters that any boycott directly damages the Club.

King may find he has to (doubtless through gritted teeth) actually encourage fans to buy Rangers merchandise from Sports Direct, just to minimise the Club's potential liability.

Now that would be hilarious and in turn it would also have fans start to have serious doubts over King.(which some do already)

Glorrriiiiioooouuussssss

Fort Vallance

It's maybe been answered earlier and I've missed it. But shouldn't the Daily Record be in the dock for printing confidential information and putting it in to the public domain ? Or are they legally covered ? Or just claim they didn't know it was confidential ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's maybe been answered earlier and I've missed it. But shouldn't the Daily Record be in the dock for printing confidential information and putting it in to the public domain ? Or are they legally covered ? Or just claim they didn't know it was confidential ?

:cornette:

Are you serious?

http://www.cityam.com/217756/rangers-fans-call-boycott-mike-ashleys-sports-direct-wins-egm-injunction?  so the sevconians will not buy shirts in protest but the onerous contract says that sevco have to make up the money to meet the contract  :2thumbsup:

the sevconians by imposing this ban are sticking the knife into the tribute acts corpse. :sunny:

I don't have a lot of Sevco friends....  but if did I know what i would be getting them for their Birthday!  ::troll:::'>

Do sports direct to wrapping paper? 

Now that would be hilarious and in turn it would also have fans start to have serious doubts over King.(which some do already)

Glorrriiiiioooouuussssss

I'd guess King will have his head in his hands every time one of their supporters groups calls for a boycott of merchandise, thinking it hurts Sports Direct or Mike Ashley.

Once the dust settles after the EGM, and injunction or no injunction, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the club has a wee quiet word with these groups, telling them not to be so bloody stupid. as any boycott of merchandise turns a potentially (very) small profit for Rangers, into a sizeable loss for them.

doctor jambo

The difficulty the 3B's has is that they are rich, but not rich enough.

Livingston bankrupted the lottery dude in a very short time and they were not carrying such massive losses as Sevco.

They may find themselves utterly ruined by this

They certainly wont be getting their "loans" back............ever

I'd guess King will have his head in his hands every time one of their supporters groups calls for a boycott of merchandise, thinking it hurts Sports Direct or Mike Ashley.

Once the dust settles after the EGM, and injunction or no injunction, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the club has a wee quiet word with these groups, telling them not to be so bloody stupid. as any boycott of merchandise turns a potentially (very) small profit for Rangers, into a sizeable loss for them.

The supporters groups that seem to push for SD boycotts are all connected to Kings mate and racist Chris Graham!

It was King that got Graham on the board non ex director, before he was forced to quit due racist remarks, which I assume was a thank you for pushing the pro King propaganda.

The daily recorded seem to give the groups Graham's linked too all the time in world and have given them the defacto 'voice of the fans' status. 

I assume King and Graham enjoy a chat over some succulent lamb! (And Graham believes every word he is told from the proven lair!)

Son's of Struth and the Rangers Supports Trust are King's Propaganda machine IMO.

Edited by I.T.K

Herald says the London injunction doesnt extend to Scotland,  MA should have gone to the Court of Sessions in Scotland.

Typical southerner, thinks English Law applies in Scotland. Only to a certain degree , and injunctions dont.

Go on King lets hear it all today.

tartofmidlothian

Herald says the London injunction doesnt extend to Scotland, MA should have gone to the Court of Sessions in Scotland.

Typical southerner, thinks English Law applies in Scotland. Only to a certain degree , and injunctions dont.

Go on King lets hear it all today.

But he did go to court in Scotland, didn't he? Reported on here that there was a hearing in Scotland at the same time and that an injunction was imposed. Wasn't it?

tynietigers

But he did go to court in Scotland, didn't he? Reported on here that there was a hearing in Scotland at the same time and that an injunction was imposed. Wasn't it?

Did anybody find out the result up here ?

livingstonjambo

Did anybody find out the result up here ?

It was reported on Sky sport twitter the SD were at the Edinburgh CoS and that they were successful. @ScotlandSky

Edited by livingstonjambo

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Here's the wording of a letter from King to the TRFC supporters. I'd advise anyone intending to read it all to put the kettle on and make a sandwich first, you will be hungry before you finish reading! One advantage of it's length is that it will fill up so much space here we will reach that magic page number, 1690, so much quicker ;)

"Dear fellow supporter

Rangers Football Club is about to commence the next chapter of a remarkable 143-year-old story that has spanned the ages and inspired countless supporters over many generations. Our Club has a deep and rich history but Rangers is as much about its future as its past. It is in remembrance of past generations and my hope for future generations that I write to you today. I am immensely proud to be Chairman of this wonderful Scottish institution and I am mindful of the delicate situation the Club is in at this critical juncture in its history. It is absolutely vital that the board and fans join together to restore Rangers to its natural and more recognisable position ? both in Scotland and internationally. Like all of you who read this letter, I have always taken pride in being a Rangers supporter. It is something I inherited from my father who, in turn, inherited the legacy from my grandfather. This is what Rangers fans do. We pass on our pride and belief in Rangers to our children. That is why Rangers truly is a Club for generations. Our unrelenting pride and belief in Rangers has helped us through the last few years, which have been the toughest for supporters in the Club?s long history.

The reality is that from the time of the Craig Whyte acquisition the Club has lurched from one crisis to another and it was ultimately the stamina and endurance of our supporters that led us towards the new era that began with the removal of the previous board on the 6th March 2015. I assure all supporters they now have a Board they can trust to restore the Club?s fortunes. It is a Board that will ensure sufficient funding will be in place for Rangers to compete for the Premiership in the coming seasons and the Board will do so in a manner that does not take the Club back to the financial precipice. This rebuilding process should have commenced three years ago but for reasons that we are all too familiar with, this didn?t happen and it is incredibly disappointing to us all that Rangers remains in the Championship. However, we must now turn that into an opportunity.

As a fan I was desperate for us to gain promotion to the Premiership but as a businessman I was alert to the risk that this entailed. The simple fact is that the Club is not yet ready to make a challenge for the Premiership title. Even with the economic gulf that Rangers enjoyed against those with whom it was competing we could not win the Championship.

We struggled throughout the season and, despite the best efforts of Stuart McCall we struggled, even in those play-off matches which we did win. We now find ourselves having to restructure both on and off the field and it must be clear to all fans that this could not be achieved easily in the little time we have before the commencement of pre-season training. Spending another season in the Championship is an undesirable reality and we have to start with rebuilding the footballing side so that we end this next season as champions of the Championship and ready to compete for the Premiership title. We must target players who have the quality and desire to play for Rangers. We must also ensure that the football structure we put in place provides a sustainable and successful future for the Club. However, even with new investment your Board cannot do this on its own. That is why I am asking you to take season ticket sales to a record level. The football you have watched over the last season does not justify the price you have paid but we want and need to do better. Our Club cannot, and must not, get to the point where we celebrate mediocrity. The Rangers Football Club has, for over a century, been the biggest Club in Scotland and will be again. That is a non-negotiable for me. Our Club stands at a crossroads and the next season is critical to our future.

This must be the last season we spend in the Championship and an intelligent and realistic strategy to drive Rangers back to the very top as quickly as possible is required. Over the last year I have witnessed just how much so many of you care for Rangers. The last several years have been anything but easy and it has been your unflinching support and love for our Club that has held it together. It has been the historical willingness of fans to back the team by purchasing season tickets and supporting the Club?s retail operations and creating new ventures (such as Rangers Pools, now Rangers Lotto) that ensured long-term success and domination in Scotland. It is not so long ago that Rangers had the second most profitable football brand in the UK. I will be engaging our retail partners to find a way forward to deal with the current concern of fans that purchasing replica kit and other merchandise does not support the Club to the extent that historically has been the case. I will make further comment on that topic in the coming weeks. Although my present focus is on new season tickets I also want to create a way for supporters to participate in the Club that goes beyond what we have seen in the past and creates a new legacy for future generations.

The Club will seek to innovate and grow in partnership with our supporters and more detail will be conveyed in the not too distant future. I ask you to buy season tickets for two important reasons. First, it is vital to the rebuilding of the Club that Rangers is restored to its natural economic power in Scottish football and internationally. As stated above, this is fundamentally derived from supporters attending games because investment from shareholders can make a difference when dealing with funding shortfalls but is not a long-term solution. The second reason is that I believe supporters are being presented with a unique once-in-a generation opportunity to acquire a season ticket and retain it in the family for future generations. The Club is presently at an all-time low but we are on the way back. This is a chance to watch a Championship winning team next season and to look back in the future with satisfaction at the part you played in rebuilding your beloved football team.

This is an opportunity your father never had and one that your children should be spared. There is nothing like watching Rangers playing and winning and it is our duty to make sure our children can experience and enjoy that special feeling without suffering as you have done. In addition to the need to rebuild the first team squad we must stop merely paying lip service to youth development. Auchenhowie must become the envy of all and it is equally important that Rangers recruiting systems are also fully restored after years of neglect.

All of this will require money and that is why I am urging every supporter to buy into what we are trying to achieve for Rangers. All season ticket proceeds will be fully invested in the footballing activities of the Club. The wrong types have been removed from the Club and for the first time in years there is hope. We can all be confident that there will be no more squandering of money. Hopefully we can share the vision to return Rangers to the pinnacle of the domestic game within two or three years and thus become European regulars again. We can and we must do that because our Club is too big to settle for anything less. So, the average price for a ticket for season 2015-16 is ?411 representing a relatively modest 5% increase which is necessary if we are to generate the levels of finance required to achieve our immediate goals. I do not believe we should talk in exact numbers because we do not know precisely how much it will cost to rebuild and restore this wonderful Club.

The required funding for this new season alone could change significantly depending on how discussions with our retail partners are concluded. We have to spend immediately to rebuild the football staff at all levels but we can?t say for certain how much it will cost to forge a team to win the Championship. What I can say, however, is that if I, and other investors have to put in an extra ?5m for this season that?s what we?ll do. If it requires more, for instance ?10m, so be it.

The crucial point is this: We can only do this together. We must all invest in our Club?s future. This is the only way we will regain our pride, status, position and credibility. This is our Club, our time and we must make sure we succeed for the generations who have gone before and for those who will follow us."

The difficulty the 3B's has is that they are rich, but not rich enough.

Livingston bankrupted the lottery dude in a very short time and they were not carrying such massive losses as Sevco.

They may find themselves utterly ruined by this

They certainly wont be getting their "loans" back............ever

I'm not sure they have enough voting proxy to get it through, but couldn't they try a chuck and hand themselves penny shares.

Need to find a market maker.

No Dave King at todays EGM.

Hardly surprising.

The key is whether Ashley sends someone to demand answers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Help me out then ?

What confidential agreement did the R****d sign?

The agreement is between two parties. The R****d was leaked it and they could do what they liked until the injunction was put in place.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Fort Vallance

What confidential agreement did the R****d sign?

The agreement is between two parties. The R****d was leaked it and they could do what they liked until the injunction was put in place.

Thats all I was asking. Thanks. But by that token if someone leaked confidential defence information to the rag, and they then printed it, knowing it was confidential / classified, they're snow white.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic