The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Cut The Crap

Interesting to note that the output from the official Rangers media team, sometimes called the Scottish sports press, keep banging on about the EGM being about only the repayment of the ?5 million loan and steadfastly omit to mention other very substantive issues raised by MASH such as the AIM delisting.

We'll find out shortly but I'd wager this morning's action may well have this as a key reason for enforcing a security or ring fencing season ticket monies.

To think we were reassured some months back that Mike Ashley had saved Rangers.

Of that there could be no doubt, they said.

Close the thread, they said.

:embarassed:

If it isnt the loan then i am curious what it is.

I found the statement from MASH interesting regarding Ibrox security.

Are Rangers due any money to SD re the merchandising buy-back clause that seems to be in operation?

Just a thought, no evidence or anything, but perhaps this is where SD are pursuing?

wentworth jambo

A quick Google search reveals that any loan (under English law) which doesn't have a specified repayment period, which I believe applies to Ashley's ?5m, is "payable on demand". There are a couple of instances where the loan wouldn't be repaid - if the company is insolvent or repaying the loan would make them insolvent....but of course, this won't be an issue for the ?400m man unless he is a glib and shameless liar.

Even the pond life on Ranjurs Meeja are starting to get it, with one quoting :

"We are a black baby away from being on Jeremy Kyle waiting on those 'all important lie-detector results'." :smugger:

Jambof3tornado

I hope the ring fencing of ?5m doesn't impact the war chest.

:sob:

It wont,

If they sell 75,000 season tickets.

Over invest my arse!!

JamboHeriot

The thread title becomes more apt with every post. 82k odd posts in and there is still years left in this, millions of pounds to be exchanged hands, and thousands of posts to go. Almost every day there is another twist in the story. What a shambles of a football club - harrowing to think we were in similar financial hardship not so long ago.

I can't really see Rangers getting out of this mess without having to enter administration or liquidation at some point down the line.

tartofmidlothian

The thread title becomes more apt with every post. 82k odd posts in and there is still years left in this, millions of pounds to be exchanged hands, and thousands of posts to go. Almost every day there is another twist in the story. What a shambles of a football club - harrowing to think we were in similar financial hardship not so long ago.

I can't really see Rangers getting out of this mess without having to enter administration or liquidation at some point down the line.

So what you're saying is CLOSE THE THREAD!!!!!!NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!?

JamboHeriot

So what you're saying is CLOSE THE THREAD!!!!!!NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!?

... aye that's the one ;)

...a bit disco

As we trundle merrily towards the comedic value of page 1690.

...a bit disco

Case won't now be heard till 11:30 ..

Egm called at the judge's lodge for 10:45am I hear.

Case won't now be heard till 11:30 ..

... with live tweets from this guy :

@jamesdoleman: Sports Direct motion not to be discussed until 11,30

Footballfirst

Is this a seperate case then?

I don't know.  It could be that parallel actions require to be taken on both sides of the border.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 36s36 seconds ago

I understand Ashley is also taking Rangers to the court of session in Edinburgh this morning.

It never rains .......

Looks like Ashley covering all the bases for his securities, north and south of the border! Either that, or just the confidentiality of the RR agreement. Still, more cost to be met from ST sales...

AllyjamboDerbyshire

R.R. Being registered in England would account for 1 of the hearings. Gagging order ?.

If it is a gagging order, I wonder just how 'onerous' a contract must be for Ashley to be so kean to keep it's details secret?

Footballfirst

Rangers say that parallel proceedings are going ahead in Scotland. Something has happened and rangers have asked the court to rise for 5 min

Counsel for sports direct agrees to a 5 minute adjournment until noon

Sports Direct have 5 people representing them, RIFC have 1

Edited by Footballfirst

Victor Meldrew

Can anyone please explain in layman's terms, what this actually means..? :unsure:

If I'd known it was happening, I'd have popped over court to find out.

I do know the judge who's hearing it, so will ask her what it's all about the next time I speak to her.

Jambof3tornado

The Offshore Game ?@theoffshoregame 1m1 minute ago

Rangers say that parallel proceedings are going ahead in Scotland. Something has happened and rangers have asked the court to rise for 5 min

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 3m3 minutes ago

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago

5 to 1 eh.

The Offshore Game ?@theoffshoregame 1m1 minute ago

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 3m3 minutes ago

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago

I'd guess that solitary RIFC representative will be wishing they'd phoned in sick today. :rolleyes:

I'd guess that solitary RIFC representative will be wishing they'd phoned in sick today. :rolleyes:

Wee Stevie with a dvd boxset of Rumpole of the Bailey?

If I'd known it was happening, I'd have popped over court to find out.

I do know the judge who's hearing it, so will ask her what it's all about the next time I speak to her.

You up in front of her often?

Wee Stevie with a dvd boxset of Rumpole of the Bailey?

One Angry Man

ca164778ed4fc3444acd108eeb408b61.jpg

Walter Bishop

"Sports Direct asking judge for injunction to stop RFC disclosing confidential commercial contracts"

Asking for a gagging order it is then. [emoji6]

Why would they do this? 

Why would they do this? 

Because the rangers retail/sports direct deal favours sports direct even on the original terms, and also sports direct do not want how they do business getting discussed openly.

Gagging order it is then

Must be quite a lot in those commercial deals Ashley does not want released.

Still he's an allright guy so many on here will go along with this

Edited by CJGJ

Also sports direct vs sevco in the court of session in edinburgh as well, don't know if it's the same thing or something different in edinburgh.

Seymour M Hersh

Gagging order it is then

Gutted type post imo.

Gagging order it is then

Your confusing people being happy that rangers are being screwed with people thinking ashleys a decent bloke

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I really hope RIFC win this one, would be a really good idea to p*ss Ashley off at the EGM!

King would have been hoping to use the hun hoardes incandescent rage against Ashley. This will prevent it a little bit. They still will get whipped into a frenzy with the "must be something to hide" line now

Reasons to be delighted Rangers are in the predicament they are:-

No 1 - if we had been liquated, the football authorities would have had to look at us as a continuation if we could have got 11 players together in maroon. Unlikely if Rangers hadnt been liquidated.

No.2 - no matter how hard up the club is financially avoid Ashley

No.3 - last season.

That's just for starters......

Edited by DETTY29

Gutted type post imo.

Sad type post imo

If all you have is trying to infer things that are not true then it says it all.  I thought better of you but it seems we live and learn.

Anyway the case seems to be about an attempt to limit information available at the meeting called by Ashley tomorrow..

"Counsel for Sports Direct says that information about the percentage of income going to RFC from merchandise should not be disclosed."

Edited by CJGJ

Maybe mileage in how these contracts were awarded, Green's contacts with Ashley, Whyte etc though guess Ashley makes sure everything is watertight.

A contract is a contract though.

Not good for Rangers as this stands.

It will all kick off tomorrow when Ashley reveals himself as Vlad.

He is basically taking the SFA and the Daily Record on and its magic.

Ann Budge said at our AGM she would be open and transparent but commercial contracts tend to be confedential, so don't ask as she won't answer.

Sad type post imo

If all you have is trying to infer things that are not true then it says it all.  I thought better of you but it seems we live and learn.

Anyway the case seems to be about an attempt to limit information available at the meeting called by Ashley tomorrow..

"Counsel for Sports Direct says that information about the percentage of income going to RFC from merchandise should not be disclosed."

Someone made a good point there is no support of Ashley being a 'good guy' here, why would anyone care on this site anyway however this is yet more annoyance for Rangers and therefore people are happy about that.

You yourself say you have no feelings for Rangers so any continuing issues would surely be pleasing for you also ??

Does look to support your original point that there is no repayment clause for breaking any conditions.........as far as we are aware.

1. Counsel for Sports Direct thanks judge for her decision, asks for legal costs to be paid by RFC

43 retweets15 favorites

Retweet43

Favorite15

Follow

More

Breaking: Judge at Royal Courts of Justice agrees an injunction from Sports Direct over commercial confidentiality at tomorrow's EGM

Is the Judge aware RFC have very little money. I hope the legal costs are very high as usual.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic