The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

tartofmidlothian

Think Hibs will be the team to beat in that league next season.

Not been looking at what St Mirren have been up to either, surely a couple of decent replacements for guys who have left and they'll be contenders too. They going with the same manager?

luckyBatistuta

I've been enjoying it with a coffee all morning. They are ******* raging.

Starting to think it'd hibs league to lose next season the way it's going.

And you know they will duly oblige as only hibs can.

Spellczech

Anyone got a take on how Rangers fans (friends/colleges) are taking Kings hyperbole?

70% lost faith in King already. 40% absolutely raging. And I expect many of these ones are those who were still buying the STs...

Can King not see that if managers will back out of the running due to their failure to get promoted, then so will players. How can he then talk of "investing" in players that will perform, when we all know he will have to scrape the barrel and overpay precisely as they have no targets lined up. The reliance he is putting on this new manager combined with the free reign he is giving him is just bonkers...

Edited by Spellczech

Can't decide which of the following two wins Post of the Week.  They are both excellent.

So King plans to use tried and tested methods of pissing money against the wall, although the level of piss is indeterminate?

As I say, just another mediocre Scottish club.

BBC are saying that Van Persie might be sold for ?10m....I think he'd score for fun in the Scottish Championship!!!!

It's firkin deja vu time - war chests and moonbeams galore

tartofmidlothian

Rangers 2015/16 Season Ticket Sales Sweepstake... game on, just for fun.

32,501, I reckon.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Spellczech

32,501, I reckon.

29,999 ie less than 30k. It's a chicken and egg situation and they all know there is no rush...

Fort Vallance

32,501, I reckon.

Been discussing it with a hun pal this morning, pretty much unwilling to acknowledge that Dave King could be a charlatan and that they could be getting taken for mugs again

Been discussing it with a hun pal this morning, pretty much unwilling to acknowledge that Dave King could be a charlatan and that they could be getting taken for mugs again

It's like a walled sheltered housing community with a line of con men queuing at the gates to get in.

Jamboman1512

501a1a898ea43f9981a75f17a1ca11f2.jpg

War chests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laughed just like King when i read that.

They don't half like the c word on that site.

Can't even get on there, my employer deems it unsuitable!

Skivingatwork

Spat my coffee out when I read that back page. It's like something mocked up on here to poke fun at them.

They've become a parody of themselves.

:rofl:

It almost appears like King has seen Chuckles et al riding the Sevco cash cow for all its worth and said "I'm gonna get me some of that sweet action, I ain't missing out"

Rinse, fleece, repeat

The Gasman

They wanted King pumping in ?20 million and a signing spree- ?2million players and back to the Minty days.

they got a season ticket hike and a ?12 million player budget inc wages funded entirely by season ticket sales.

That figure of ?12m will need to be used to plug operating losses of tens of thousands a day, service the debts, and pay ongoing running costs - I can't see much of it (if any!) going into any "War Chest" or player budget - despite what the Daily Record might imply.

Walter Bishop

The delusion amongst the Rangers fans is even worse than the Hobo`s..........

"very difficult to get a marquee signing in imho
if we had this board in last year thinking of the club rather than themselves a signing like lampard or Gerrard may have been possible"

:wtfvlad:

if we had this board in last year thinking of the club rather than themselves a signing like lampard or Gerrard may have been possible"

:facepalm:

To be fair last years board wanted Danny Ings! 

doctor jambo

That is exactly what a Chamionship team is Scotland needs - a ?200,ooo per week player to  overcome Alloa.

:2thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

501a1a898ea43f9981a75f17a1ca11f2.jpg

War chests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War Cheztz!!!

:rofl:

45,000 = ?12m

30,000 = ?8m

20,000 = ?5.3m

that's a broad spectrum of budgets for any prospective new manager to deal with.

It doesn't allow for onerous contracts, servicing of debt or indeed keeping the crumbling edifice of Mordor going.

Accelerate that investment you batshit crazy, lazy eyed fantasist.

Unknown user

One thing struck me about King's interview - he said that if a Rangers manager comes to him wanting to sign a player that maybe cost a fee or was over the wage budget, he would OK it if he felt the player was good enough to benefit the club.

So, he's effectively going to be acting as DoF, using his wide-reaching knowledge and experience of football to make important, business-affecting, budgetary decisions about the squad.

But when the name was brought up he had to ask who Mark Wotte was.

He knows nothing about scottish football, or at least much less than your average scottish football fan.

I'd be shitting myself if I was one of them right now.

Spellczech

One thing struck me about King's interview - he said that if a Rangers manager comes to him wanting to sign a player that maybe cost a fee or was over the wage budget, he would OK it if he felt the player was good enough to benefit the club.

So, he's effectively going to be acting as DoF, using his wide-reaching knowledge and experience of football to make important, business-affecting, budgetary decisions about the squad.

He knows nothing about scottish football, or at least much less than your average scottish football fan.

I heard the first 5 ST "investments" are to be used to pay way OTT for an Xbox and copy of Footy Manager so all is OK, nothing to see here...

The Mighty Thor

I heard the first 5 ST "investments" are to be used to pay way OTT for an Xbox and copy of Footy Manager so all is OK, nothing to see here...

Whatever happened to wee Stevie?

Has he been culled out in the brave new dawn?

:(

There was one of these kicking about Scottish football just a couple of years ago and unsurprisingly that brought some cataclysmic signings to our shores. ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly what I thought... This is the guy who needed Paul Murray and a piece of paper to know which team was his the last time he shuffled along to a game.

The Comedian

Vlad said he'd sign a player for 5 million if he thought it was worth it. We all knew that was pish but he said it, along with other moonbeams. Kings language is for the benefit of the hordes however it is being picked apart.

Who want's to invest in that shambles anyway, the man openly talks about breaking 5 million pound contracts. 

For my money, Mr King wanted In and now that he's there he's realised that wasn't the smartest move even for football.

Just seen this gem from the interview in the Telegraph. Beggars belief.

The first question a potential manager normally asks of would-be employers ? apart from the level of his own salary, of course ? is the upper limit of his budget. ?There?s no upper limit,? said King.

?We?re talking in a sensible environment where the guy knows what he?s doing. He?s not going to go and sign Ronaldo. We all understand that.

?If he comes along and says, ?I?ve got a guy here and and he?s going to cost X thousand pound a week, and he?s not in the budget but I think he?d make a difference to the club and he?d help us over the next couple of years?, I?d say ? take him.?

Point 1 - DK wants Ra Berrs to buy STs so anything goes in that charm offensive.

Point 2 - DK says "take him". He doesn't say "we'll get him" or " we would sign him".

Point 3 - Does anyone believe anything DK says about Sevco ?

Now we have the Daily Ranger shamelessly cheerleading for Rangers again - by saying 45,000 ST sales will generate a "warchest" of "?12 million".

Well it won't - unless this war chest is to be spent signing players who will play for nothing.

Seriously , a war chest of ?12 million for a Scottish club to get out of the second tier ?

Unknown user

Vlad said he'd sign a player for 5 million if he thought it was worth it. We all knew that was pish but he said it, along with other moonbeams. Kings language is for the benefit of the hordes however it is being picked apart.

Who want's to invest in that shambles anyway, the man openly talks about breaking 5 million pound contracts.

For my money, Mr King wanted In and now that he's there he's realised that wasn't the smartest move even for football.

For sure aye, the point I was trying to make though is that we do appear to have another potential Vlad on our hands- a guy who'll make financially important football decisions without having any of the necessary knowledge to base them on.

Whether he's spending his own or someone else's money, it doesn't seem to stand much chance of being spent wisely based on that!

Where's your money, Mr King? Where's your nomad?

Exactly, only a 1.5m loan so far and no nomad, no stock market listing, no manager, no new players. I'll phone the oxford dictionary as we have new definitions for transparency and honesty.

I'd love Ashley to go to court post egm to ring fence his ?5m against future S.Ticket sales. [emoji6]

The whole egm is so that ashley can get to the bottom of the terms re the various loans from the glib and shameless one and the 3 stooges. the directors may have crossed a line with regard to their fiduciary duties towards shareholders with these loans (depending on the terms) whilst another loan of 5m is outstanding, thats what ashley is up to, he couldn't care less if they repay or not as his security is ironclad, but king and co may have overstepped the mark and ashley wants to find out.

The press conference from king was superb, basically "gonnae gise your money and I promise naw tae spunk it up the wall like the big bad guys did previously" . 45K season tickets? not a chance, even during the murray moonbeams glory years max season tickets was approx 44k. They will be lucky to get 25k, the orcs are starting to open their eyes and can see king for the liar he is, and the fact that he may not be as wealthy as people think.

32,501, I reckon.

probably around their limit

It's like Battlestar Galactica, all of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

I P Knightley

In all seriousness, if KIng & co do stump up loans (to be converted to equity) then I suspect that those loans will convert at the point when takeover rules are most favourable to KIng (a low price has been in effect for the required time so he does not have to offer over the odds) - now how could King ensure the share price is kept low?

If he lends by taking convertible loan stock, the terms of conversion will be agreed at the outset; e.g. "?100 of loan stock convertible to 400 ordinary shares in 5 years' time or redeemed at par." Because this would be deferred dilution of control, it would have to be agreed by, I believe, a super-majority of current ordinary shareholders.

If he truly anticipates that he can create value out of that mess of an organisation, that may not be a bad way to go. The share value now must be around 10-15p (max) so he'd be able to get a high number of shares in the conversion deal. Spends five years doing something decent and he gets 400 shares which may be worth ?400 for every ?100 he stumps up today. Plus increased control of the company.

All he needs to do is keep the perceived value of the shares really low. How could he do that? Promising that any cash raised from fans will go towards overpaid, unnecessary footballers; offering to increase the running costs of a company that's turning in a massive loss as it is? Sounds like a plan, Dave!!

Riccarton3

Have to say King's input so far has been sort of underwhelming. But nobody, not a soul will be saying that, from the broadsheet to the tabloid, not with season tickets needing sold. There won't be a murmur, no analysis at all. Just a case of churning out what you're told.

The Future's Maroon

Is it because they are so naive or is it cos they are so blinded towards thinking they deserve to be one of the top dogs of Scottish Football...yep, Scottish Football, that hotbed of talent?!?

Seymour M Hersh

in paper I saw - Daily Mail? - quote from King was "maybe five"

Probably including Guardiola (sic) in that five.  Oh and maybe the Juve guy (they lost on Saturday after all). 

Angus Young

MSM Finally starting to notice.

"So as a short-term plan, what Dave King is suggesting can work - as long as they get promoted.

"If they didn't, it would be a serious setback. One additional season in the Championship is not great - another raises long-term questions about whether they can get out of the division, which would be a bit of a disaster really.

"The question for Dave King and the other Rangers backers is how long are they going to keep putting money in before seeing the club return to profit?

"A lot has been said about the wealth of Dave King. Can he continue to support it beyond one-year losse"I suspect he can but as yet, we have not seen a significant amount of money going into the club since Dave King took over."

If he lends by taking convertible loan stock, the terms of conversion will be agreed at the outset; e.g. "?100 of loan stock convertible to 400 ordinary shares in 5 years' time or redeemed at par." Because this would be deferred dilution of control, it would have to be agreed by, I believe, a super-majority of current ordinary shareholders.

If he truly anticipates that he can create value out of that mess of an organisation, that may not be a bad way to go. The share value now must be around 10-15p (max) so he'd be able to get a high number of shares in the conversion deal. Spends five years doing something decent and he gets 400 shares which may be worth ?400 for every ?100 he stumps up today. Plus increased control of the company.

All he needs to do is keep the perceived value of the shares really low. How could he do that? Promising that any cash raised from fans will go towards overpaid, unnecessary footballers; offering to increase the running costs of a company that's turning in a massive loss as it is? Sounds like a plan, Dave!!

When shares are not listed, do you know how their true value is established, to enable a deal like that to be struck..?

JamboHeriot

Only me who saw at the end of one of the paragraphs in the telegraph article: "The wage bill will increase next season."

What the ****.

Unknown user

Only me who saw at the end of one of the paragraphs in the telegraph article: "The wage bill will increase next season."

What the ****.

The theme throughout was Buy STs, give us money, we're going to increase costs and spend our way out of this.

JamboHeriot

The theme throughout was Buy STs, give us money, we're going to increase costs and spend our way out of this.

They're never going to raise ?12M from season tickets. No chance.

How many ST holders did they have last season? There's little chance they'll succeed that this time round.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

What the ****.

As every claim King makes recently has no figures attached and is extremely ambiguous, "The wage bill will increase next season" could actually mean it will increase from what it is now ie since the 11 first team players left, as opposed to the natural presumption for the bears that he means from last season.

As it stands he is giving the bears the impression, prior to ST sales, that they are going to have a better quality (or better paid) squad than last season, but if the squad doesn't improve significantly, with much higher paid players, he can defend himself by saying, 'the squad has increased in cost - from what it was on the date I said it would be increased...'

Half truths and lies, it's the man's stock-in-trade!

Unknown user

They're never going to raise ?12M from season tickets. No chance.

How many ST holders did they have last season? There's little chance they'll succeed that this time round.

Ken, I'm just saying that the sentence you highlighted didn't really stick out as it was on the same theme as the rest of it

• Maple Leaf locked this topic