The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Heard a wee rumour that they will lose all the high earners in January and youngsters from Newcastle will be brought in.  One of the reasons for McCoist handing in notice (allegedly)

But where are all the high earners going to go?  They are under contract so have no need to leave the club unless a better offer comes in from another club, which is highly unlikely to happen given the wages these guys are on.

Also, they don't have the money to sign players from Newcastle, so these would have to be loans and isn't there a limit on the number of players that can be loaned from one club?

But where are all the high earners going to go?  They are under contract so have no need to leave the club unless a better offer comes in from another club, which is highly unlikely to happen given the wages these guys are on.

Also, they don't have the money to sign players from Newcastle, so these would have to be loans and isn't there a limit on the number of players that can be loaned from one club?

And with the greatest amount of respect to the Scottish Championship, it would remain to be seen how beneficial if would be for the players themselves to find themselves in that league week in week out.

I wouldn't imagine that Newcastle would be in favour this.

Edited by Gregorski

Charlie-Brown

If you want to read from page 50 onwards there is a table of the SFA breaches and potential sanctions.

Best of luck :)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2014-15/Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol%202014-15.pdf

It's right there in disciplinary rule 3 .....exceptional circumstances / special non described sanctions ...... ie discretionary power

Rudolf's Mate

How will they get rid of all the high earners?

But where are all the high earners going to go? They are under contract so have no need to leave the club unless a better offer comes in from another club, which is highly unlikely to happen given the wages these guys are on.

Aren't a few of the higher players contracts up in the summer? Sure someone posted details of who had what left and there were a few due to expire.

Aren't a few of the higher players contracts up in the summer? Sure someone posted details of who had what left and there were a few due to expire.

14 so I believe.  McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, Daly, Black, just to name a few of the top of my head.

Can't see any of the high earners going voluntarily and they've no money to give them the pay off that they would want to sling their hooks.

Rudolf's Mate

14 so I believe. McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, Daly, Black, just to name a few of the top of my head.

That's a decent start tbf.

maroonlegions

possibly a daft question, BUT...Why have'nt The Rangers been disciplined for bringing the game into disrepute or not acting in the best interests of the game based purely on their finances /loans ? As they are trading insolvent and have admitted as much,surely they have (another) case to answer?

This is  the question that needs answered,but we all  know the reason why they are not being hauled over the "bringing the game into disrepute" coals by the powers at be,be cause one corrupt institution is trying to protect another corrupt institution.

The Old Tolbooth

I think you're missing the point.

What can UEFA do to the SFA?

God I'd love to see that lot torn to bits by UEFA, in fact, I'd drink to it! 

If you want to read from page 50 onwards there is a table of the SFA breaches and potential sanctions.

Best of luck :)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2014-15/Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol%202014-15.pdf

Best of luck indeed.  I tried reading these a while back and some of the wording is completely unfathomable and certainly open to interpretation.

Proven by the fact that 2 senior Scottish law lords came to differing interpretations on whether the Judiciary Panel that set the original sanctions, after Rangers went into admin, had acted within the powers available to it under the SFA articles.

If those guys couldn't reach a consensus on what the rules actually mean, what chance has any mere mortal got?

... and, for anyone who questioned why this thread is still open .. this is why.

Richard Wilson and Tom English already commenting that the SFA have to back down as Ashley is the only way this Rangers can continue.

What's the point of rules?

That said, I'm fine with franchise football though if that's the way the authorities want to go to retain certain teams and maximise revenues.

Just make sure we go the full hog including play offs for the top league championship.

14 so I believe.  McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, Daly, Black, just to name a few of the top of my head.

That's right, but they still can't just ship these guys out in January, which is what the original post suggested, unless they pay off their contracts, which would defeat the purpose entirely.

They can certainly reduce the wage bill massively from next season, but they appear to be stuck with the majority of high earners until then.  They might be able to sell the likes of McLeod in January to bring in some much needed cash, but it doesn't look like there is any quick fix to reduce the wage bill in January.

Ironically, it looks like the cuts they've already made in non-playing staff will barely fund Ally's pay-off, which means they are back at square one in terms of improving cashflow for the remainder of this season.

is it me or does it seem like this is on the orders of regan to try and improve his chances of getting a job with the FA?

My thoughts too - and Regan wouldn't hesitate to throw Rangers to the wolves if it helps him improve his chances of climbing his career ladder.

Malinga the Swinga

So basically the rules can be forgotten about and ignored because Scottish football needs Rangers! The attitude of the authorities towards Rangers defies belief as they continually bend and change rules simply to ensure one member club survived, while as far as teams like Livingston are concerned, well they can just take a points deduction and get on with it. No understanding of their position. Is shown; no understanding of Hearts position under Vlad was shown when we were handed fine after fine for any and various misdemeanours.

Roddy Forsyth seems to think that Ashley will do a deal allowing him to own 29.9% of the club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11295462/Mike-Ashley-could-control-Rangers-and-Newcastle-United-within-weeks.html

Im pretty certain that the sfa will roll over and let Ashley do as he pleases as it's an open secret that the powers that be are desperate to get rangers back in the top league. There should still be some sort of punishment even if this is agreed as Ashley and rangers have broken the rules as they stand.

Jambof3tornado

Im pretty certain that the sfa will roll over and let Ashley do as he pleases as it's an open secret that the powers that be are desperate to get rangers back in the top league. There should still be some sort of punishment even if this is agreed as Ashley and rangers have broken the rules as they stand.

Where does that leave the sfa/spfl if the rangers fail to get promoted this season. How far would they push things to ensure sevco do go up?

Roddy Forsyth seems to think that Ashley will do a deal allowing him to own 29.9% of the club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11295462/Mike-Ashley-could-control-Rangers-and-Newcastle-United-within-weeks.html

How in heavens name would Roddy Forsyth know about anything that is going on either at Ibrox or indeed in Ashley's business

empire.

He only ever seems to talk about Rangers on Radio 5 and his nickname of Proddy Forsyth is well founded.

He appears to be the middle class equivalent of Chick Young.

Heard a wee rumour that they will lose all the high earners in January and youngsters from Newcastle will be brought in. One of the reasons for McCoist handing in notice (allegedly)

I thought you could only have 3 loanees out with your own country at any one time?

Where does that leave the sfa/spfl if the rangers fail to get promoted this season. How far would they push things to ensure sevco do go up?

If it doesn't happen this season I reckon league reconstruction will be back on the agenda pretty quickly to guarantee they are back in the top league the season after.

Carl Spackler

So the basic message in that article is they might do a "deal", "because it's Rangers". Eh? Why should they? What sort of a "deal" are we talking about?

The answer to the first question is balatantly obvious. It's for the common good of the Scottish game..........The answer to the second question well, exactly the same, it would be a deal for the "good of the Scottish Game" wouldn't it?

What a desperate article.

Most Rangers fans seem happy that McCoist is going as they seem to think things can only get better.

However as you said a lot of players are out of contract next season. They know they will not be offered a new one (especially not having 'ally' in their corner fighting for them)

This means to continue a football career they know their next contracts will be a lot less and for the Kilmarnocks/ st Johnston /Thistles etc.

Now if you knew you were ending your time at a club and next season you would be needing to fight for a much reduced contract at another club which may be one of your last would you be throwing yourself in to 50/50s risking injury for a team who is about to get rid of you? Or would you go through the motions to ensure you were fit enough to sign for someone else?

The problems on the field could get a lot worse with a new manager in charge. Just think the get motivational skills Butcher brought to Hibs last season when they had a similar situation.

That's right, but they still can't just ship these guys out in January, which is what the original post suggested, unless they pay off their contracts, which would defeat the purpose entirely.

They can certainly reduce the wage bill massively from next season, but they appear to be stuck with the majority of high earners until then.  They might be able to sell the likes of McLeod in January to bring in some much needed cash, but it doesn't look like there is any quick fix to reduce the wage bill in January.

Ironically, it looks like the cuts they've already made in non-playing staff will barely fund Ally's pay-off, which means they are back at square one in terms of improving cashflow for the remainder of this season.

RobNox this is what was asked and I replied 14 were out of contract in the summer.  I know they can't get rid of them in January unless they sell them.

Jambof3tornado

So Proddy Forsyth is saying that Ashley is going to tell the sfa to fekk off and buy up nearly 20% more shares than he is permitted by the sfa's own rules. Sounds reasonable.

Hope the sfa grow a pair or will it take a united front by the leagues clubs to stand up to Ashley. Will clubs be so keen to stand on sevco toes this time round?

Most Rangers fans seem happy that McCoist is going as they seem to think things can only get better.

However as you said a lot of players are out of contract next season. They know they will not be offered a new one (especially not having 'ally' in their corner fighting for them)

This means to continue a football career they know their next contracts will be a lot less and for the Kilmarnocks/ st Johnston /Thistles etc.

Now if you knew you were ending your time at a club and next season you would be needing to fight for a much reduced contract at another club which may be one of your last would you be throwing yourself in to 50/50s risking injury for a team who is about to get rid of you? Or would you go through the motions to ensure you were fit enough to sign for someone else?

The problems on the field could get a lot worse with a new manager in charge. Just think the get motivational skills Butcher brought to Hibs last season when they had a similar situation.

:spoton:

(Third) Rangers to play at Hampden for a year whilst the Sevco mess / Rangers (in liquidation) and associated court cases play out?

Ashley is too powerful and richer than the SFA and not their friend so could Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan try to tie his hands in favour of Ogilvies former Ibrox colleagues?

Third Rangers playing at Hampden....would need a new name..,how about Queens Park Rangers...

Jambof3tornado

RobNox this is what was asked and I replied 14 were out of contract in the summer. I know they can't get rid of them in January unless they sell them.

They could let them find other clubs for nowt,whether any players would take that up I dont know,maybe if they thought admin 2 was coming? ??

So Proddy Forsyth is saying that Ashley is going to tell the sfa to fekk off and buy up nearly 20% more shares than he is permitted by the sfa's own rules. Sounds reasonable.

Hope the sfa grow a pair or will it take a united front by the leagues clubs to stand up to Ashley. Will clubs be so keen to stand on sevco toes this time round?

Well they have at least started the process...........27th January 2015 disciplinary meeting

'Rangers and Mike Ashley have been accused of breaching several Scottish FA rules relating to the Newcastle United owner's stake in the Ibrox club.

Ashley owns 8.29% of Rangers and has an agreement with the SFA that he will not increase that to above 10%.

Both the club and Ashley have been issued with notices of complaint alleging they have violated Scottish FA rules on dual ownership of clubs and failed to "act in the best interests" of football.

Rangers have further been accused of not acting "with the utmost good faith" towards the Scottish FA and its member clubs.'

brunoatemyhamster

That article was great. It was like a Jim'll Fix It letter.

What part of the  " European Exposure " thing do these media weasels not get ? 

MAYBE 6 games ? In maybe 2 years from now ? Cashley doesn't strike me as a " Maybe " sort of businessman.

Begging for someone , somewhere to save his beloved The Rangers. BOAK

Also, I appreciate the link, but could people copy and paste so we don't have to bump the traffic numbers up ?

RobNox this is what was asked and I replied 14 were out of contract in the summer.  I know they can't get rid of them in January unless they sell them.

I appreciate that JJ and my response wasn't intended at you specifically, more towards the original post that suggested Rangers would be off loading the high earners in January, which I think we both acknowledge they cannot do.  If you took my post as having a dig at you, then I apologise, as it was not my intention.

If this forces Ashley to walk away, you can bet he'll press the admin button before it.

I wonder if this is really what the sfa want, ashley out & a blue knights consortium to ride in & take over post admin etc.

If this is their game, and I think it is, it's mega risky.

I think though the SFA's desire for a rebirth in better hands is overwhelming.

I appreciate that JJ and my response wasn't intended at you specifically, more towards the original post that suggested Rangers would be off loading the high earners in January, which I think we both acknowledge they cannot do.  If you took my post as having a dig at you, then I apologise, as it was not my intention.

No worries m8

Someone remind me of the max loan players from one club rule again?

Key extracts from SPFL rules

Subject to these Regulations, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have an aggregate of more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined; (ii) of the Players temporarily transferred to a Club on the basis of Standard TemporaryTransfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player; (iii) shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to
it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined
from another Club for the time being in the same Division as itself; (iv) shall not at any time have more than two Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from a single Club for the time being in another Division from itself; and(v) shall not at any time have more than three Players Registered to it on the basis
of Standard Temporary Transfers, Emergency Temporary Transfers and Development Temporary Transfers combined from any one other Club.

If it should be the case that a Club shall, at any time: (i) have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a Standard Temporary Transfer from a Club eligible to participate in the same Division as itself; and/or (ii) two or more Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and/or Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from a single Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself, the Registration(s) of the Player(s) most
recently Registered to it from such other Club(s) shall immediately terminate such that there shall be the minimum number of terminations of Registrations required to secure compliance with the terms of these Regulations

Subject to these Regulations, the maximum permitted number of Players permitted to be Registered to a Club on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined during the period from 1stJuly in anycalendar year to 30thJune (inclusive) in the following calendar year is five.

Wondering who's contract may be up at the end of the season, who may go in the transfer window, whether McCoist will be there this time next year, or what the hearing at the end of January will produce, is all very entertaining - but not necessarily very relevant.

Rangers admitted publicly that they need an injection of capital to see out this year.

There's two weeks till the end of the year, and one week till the December wages are due.

Anyone seen/heard anything to suggest they can magic up the funds next week..?

Or will it be "game over" before Christmas..?

Edited by The Gasman

I thought you could only have 3 loanees out with your own country at any one time?

Someone remind me of the max loan players from one club rule again?

the only rule i can find is from your own league association  4 players and one of them under 21, nothing about players from other leagues

Forsyth is writing that article as a personal journal - because 99% of the Huns think that the telegraph is something that the red Indians used to cut. None of your mob read it you Numptie.

Key extracts from SPFL rules

Subject to these Regulations, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have an aggregate of more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined; (ii) of the Players temporarily transferred to a Club on the basis of Standard TemporaryTransfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player; (iii) shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to
it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined
from another Club for the time being in the same Division as itself; (iv) shall not at any time have more than two Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from a single Club for the time being in another Division from itself; and(v) shall not at any time have more than three Players Registered to it on the basis
of Standard Temporary Transfers, Emergency Temporary Transfers and Development Temporary Transfers combined from any one other Club.

If it should be the case that a Club shall, at any time: (i) have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a Standard Temporary Transfer from a Club eligible to participate in the same Division as itself; and/or (ii) two or more Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and/or Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from a single Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself, the Registration(s) of the Player(s) most
recently Registered to it from such other Club(s) shall immediately terminate such that there shall be the minimum number of terminations of Registrations required to secure compliance with the terms of these Regulations

Subject to these Regulations, the maximum permitted number of Players permitted to be Registered to a Club on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined during the period from 1stJuly in anycalendar year to 30thJune (inclusive) in the following calendar year is five.

Typical SPFL unfathomable rules, so how many are they allowed to borrow from Newcastle?  My reading is 3 on the basis of the bit I highlighted above, but my head was a bit sore by the time I'd read through this.  They should produce algorithms for this sort of stuff, would make it a lot easier to follow!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic