The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

loveofthegame

If this forces Ashley to walk away, you can bet he'll press the admin button before it.

I wonder if this is really what the sfa want, ashley out & a blue knights consortium to ride in & take over post admin etc.

Why would he ever press the admin button?! If Rangers go into admin, Ashley's ludicrously one sided retail contract will be one of the first to be ripped up by administrators. He is doing all possible to avoid this, hence the loans.

Brilliant..  SFA  acting responsively?  Pigs and flight have arrived.    

You know though, Mike Ashley won't be pleased.  Dont we just wonder, did the SFA decide they best do something before UEFA  decided

to investigate the Scottish Game?   

Or.. is the SFA  in fact, forcing Ashley's hand to set up or move on, in the next month.   Perhaps this is designed to HELP  'Ran gers'

Sorry will let others have a say. 

Edited by Alva-Jambo

I wish someone would investigate the administration of football in Scotland.

Maybe MA will be the next one to do 'walking away'

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Footballfirst

Someone remind me what livi got point deducted for ? Was a good faith thing ??

They were done for non disclosure of defaulting on HMRC payments.

brunoatemyhamster

If Ashley was in this for the long haul, He surely would have just waded right in at the start instead of alienating Half of Glasgow and Half of his own support to boot with the shambles that has continued since his involment. 

Whatever game he's playing , It has nothing to do with his love of flute bands and white chargers. 

Would Ashleys contracts be affected if hes willing to take a hit in the short term ? 

Jambof3tornado

If Ashley was in this for the long haul, He surely would have just waded right in at the start instead of alienating Half of Glasgow and Half of his own support to boot with the shambles that has continued since his involment.

Whatever game he's playing , It has nothing to do with his love of flute bands and white chargers.

Would Ashleys contracts be affected if hes willing to take a hit in the short term ?

Depends what his loans are secured on. He would still own the naming rights etc. This could run and run. It will stop MA underwriting any share issues and I'd hope the SFA would be very careful of any random unnamed saviours in case they are acting on behalf of MA.

Its the fans I feel sorry for.

If Ashley underwrites a new share issue , which he just said interests him, it creates some cash, but further dilutes the value of CURRENT shares. 

Its clear that a key part of Ashley's strategy is to dilute further the share price and shares in issue.  He is playing with the cash investment of the general rangers supporter .  

Fine , OK,  perfectly legal.  

Depends what his loans are secured on. He would still own the naming rights etc. This could run and run. It will stop MA underwriting any share issues and I'd hope the SFA would be very careful of any random unnamed saviours in case they are acting on behalf of MA.

Meanwhile,.......... I'm laughing my socks off  :2thumbsup:

so either Rangers or the SFA or both could look stupid out of this?

win win - except its probably the rest of Scottish football that will suffer somehow

Remember the press reported Rangers asked the SFA if Ashley could increase his shareholding to c25% and the SFA asked for a business case.

That doesn't suggest a football authority that says NO, 10% and no more.  That's it.

(Edit - this suggests potential negotiation)

But now the CO has issued a notice of complaint against MA, this will get very messy.

Edited by DETTY29

brunoatemyhamster

I feel sorry for the Glitter band at this time of year, But thems the breaks. :gok:

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

I would love to know why it took so long for this charge to come. They certainly didn't take as long when Vlad was in "breach" of any rules!

Charlie-Brown

(Third) Rangers to play at Hampden for a year whilst the Sevco mess / Rangers (in liquidation) and associated court cases play out?

Ashley is too powerful and richer than the SFA and not their friend so could Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan try to tie his hands in favour of Ogilvies former Ibrox colleagues?

Rudolf's Mate

Should have the hearing much sooner IMO, it is a straightforward case.

Couldn't agree more.

25 point penalty.

That would be pleasing.

Don't worry rangers fans. Ashley does not have shares in the club. His share are with Rangers International PLC and your book the club and company are not linked.

Think you meant to post on the huns forum.

Do I feck feel sorry for them. Majority of them wanted us to die so they'll get no sympathy from me.

Francis Albert

I would love to know why it took so long for this charge to come. They certainly didn't take as long when Vlad was in "breach" of any rules!

It took literally hours for an emergency SPL (as it then was) board meeting to be called to address Hearts breach of "orders" relating to late payment of wages, orders invented in the absence of any then existing rules on the matter.

jamboinglasgow

It seems to be with Ashley not responding to two requests for information, they have had enough.

And the Glitter Band actually performed live at Ibrox many years ago - could do a job ?

Lets Get Together Again, Just for You, Angel Face, Goodbye My Love, The Tears I Cried For You......it all makes sense now.

brunoatemyhamster

(Third) Rangers to play at Hampden for a year whilst the Sevco mess / Rangers (in liquidation) and associated court cases play out?

Ashley is too powerful and richer than the SFA and not their friend so could Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan try to tie his hands in favour of Ogilvies former Ibrox colleagues?

Third Rangers would surely be behind Spartans and that this time. They would have to wait for a spot becoming available. And lets be honest, when it comes to clubs looking like they might tip over the edge any time soon " There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers " . 

Everyone else looks as safe a houses compared to Sevco. That's all thanks to the "Armageddon effect".

possibly a daft question, BUT...Why have'nt The Rangers been disciplined for bringing the game into disrepute or not acting in the best interests of the game based purely on their finances /loans ? As they are trading insolvent and have admitted as much,surely they have (another) case to answer?

Rudolf's Mate

This all reeks of a peter lawell influence...

Few days before they play the Celtic.

I reckon they'll hit them for 5 or 6 with a few red cards into the mix. Black being one!

Remember he's the main creditor with ?3 million in loans to them.

I thought hey owed their parent  Rangers International much more?

Heard a wee rumour that they will lose all the high earners in January and youngsters from Newcastle will be brought in.  One of the reasons for McCoist handing in notice (allegedly)

Charlie-Brown

Third Rangers would surely be behind Spartans and that this time. They would have to wait for a spot becoming available. And lets be honest, when it comes to clubs looking like they might tip over the edge any time soon " There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers " . 

Everyone else looks as safe a houses compared to Sevco.

I doubt Spartans have sounded out the powers that be with continuity contingency planning for the beloved whilst ridding the boys in blue of the spivs. Sourness, p.Murray, King etc all former colleagues of the SFA president, all co conspirators to knowingly break SFA and League rules for a decade to protect the various tax scam/schemes. Rangers officials whilst their guilt was acknowledged in the LNS enquiry nobody was ever punished or censured for ripping the piss out of the rest of Scottish football & it's governance and trust. Any fines or penalties imposed on Rangers were imposed on the already in liquidation old club or the farcical transfer embargo they hit Sevco with where they were allowed to sign players in advance and during the ban period even being encouraged to field some as trialists.........the old guard at Ibrox never really went away the just lost control of the club to Green and the succession of Spivs whom they have had to tolerate at arms length whilst turning a blind eye to their various shenanigans.

brunoatemyhamster

Heard a wee rumour that they will lose all the high earners in January and youngsters from Newcastle will be brought in.  One of the reasons for McCoist handing in notice (allegedly)

Is he afraid off the jump in class he'd have to deal with ?

Are real manager would be rubbing his hand at this prospect.

I think the SFA have acted before UEFA do.  Was it only last week or so that UEFA came out and said that both Rangers & Newcastle couldn't play in Europe in the same season or something similar.

The important thing is UEFA know only to well what influence Ashley has at Rangers and have said as much publicly, so perhaps the SFA have been told to do something about it before UEFA do.

Ashley's  wealth is vastly more than several times the value of all the teams in this league.  It will be interesting to see if the SFA can

do other than business, with someone as rich  as a Russian Oligarch.   We are part of a smaller world, that I like but don't trust any adminstrators.

This is an unpleasant world market. 

This all reeks of a peter lawell influence...

Few days before they play the Celtic.

And this is Rangers fans get out / blame someone else number 1.

Did the Rangers fans ever notice the Campbell Ogilvie, Gordon Smith, Martin Bain, John McClelland, Andrew Dickson influences at SFA/SPL and indirect David Longmuir and Jim Ballantyne ones at the SFL.

I'm now seeing on Twitter tonight Rangers fans asking why Rangers could face punishment and charges for 'Ashley's doing.'

Indeed. In fact they were making up rules to suit the circumstances at the time as they went along

brunoatemyhamster

I doubt Spartans have sounded out the powers that be with continuity contingency planning for the beloved whilst ridding the boys in blue of the spivs. Sourness, p.Murray, King etc all former colleagues of the SFA president, all co conspirators to knowingly break SFA and League rules for a decade to protect the various tax scam/schemes. Rangers officials whilst their guilt was acknowledged in the LNS enquiry nobody was ever punished or censured for ripping the piss out of the rest of Scottish football & it's governance and trust. Any fines or penalties imposed on Rangers were imposed on the already in liquidation old club or the farcical transfer embargo they hit Sevco with where they were allowed to sign players in advance and during the ban period even being encouraged to field some as trialists.........the old guard at Ibrox never really went away the just lost control of the club to Green and the succession of Spivs whom they have had to tolerate at arms length whilst turning a blind eye to their various shenanigans.

I Lost you at " I doubt Spartans "

Edit: Only joking, Very VERY true good sir!

Or we could be in Clydebank / Airdrie United territory.

Well not really with no sign of another club going bust.

But someone could be bought over and renamed.

Everyone else looks as safe a houses compared to Sevco. That's all thanks to the "Armageddon effect".

Hah how truly ironic as well, also seemingly missed by the 'weegia' of course...

possibly a daft question, BUT...Why have'nt The Rangers been disciplined for bringing the game into disrepute or not acting in the best interests of the game based purely on their finances /loans ? As they are trading insolvent and have admitted as much,surely they have (another) case to answer?

Correct and where is the clown prince himself Chic Young howling from the rooftops for swift action to be taken this time around ?

ANYONE who refers to the team formerly known as Rangers as "our big cousins" should immediately be taken out and shot in the face (or barred from posing on this forum for at least a month).

you must have had a really shit weekend.

Rudolf's Mate

I think the SFA have acted before UEFA do.  Was it only last week or so that UEFA came out and said that both Rangers & Newcastle couldn't play in Europe in the same season or something similar.

The important thing is UEFA know only to well what influence Ashley has at Rangers and have said as much publicly, so perhaps the SFA have been told to do something about it before UEFA do.

What can Uefa do to newco?

Rudolf's Mate

I think you're missing the point.

What can UEFA do to the SFA?

What can they do to the SFA?

I knew this was the case but I'd like to know what sanctions are available.

That's not good news.

They'll be a better team.

What can they do to the SFA?

I knew this was the case but I'd like to know what sanctions are available.

UEFA could ban Scottish clubs from playing in Europe.

They could sanction the International team if the SFA continue to turn a blind eye to the chaos in Govantown.

Charlie-Brown

If the SFA wanted the Spivs or Ashley out or to surrender control of the club then they could if they really wanted to go nuclear threaten or actually revoke Sevco SFA membership leaving them unable to play football........but we are a long way from that but it is the most trump card the football authorities hold, whether they ever had the gumption or nerve to use it is another matter.

If the SFA wanted the Spivs or Ashley out or to surrender control of the club then they could if they really wanted to go nuclear threaten or actually revoke Sevco SFA membership leaving them unable to play football........but we are a long way from that but it is the most trump card the football authorities hold, whether they ever had the gumption or nerve to use it is another matter.

If you want to read from page 50 onwards there is a table of the SFA breaches and potential sanctions.

Best of luck :)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2014-15/Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol%202014-15.pdf

• Maple Leaf locked this topic