The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I P Knightley

( aside - Newcastle are now the 5th richest , in income terms, club in their league. Chelsea onbly 9th and Liverpool 10th. Man U is once again the world's richest club in terms of income).

But not necessarily profit - which is Ashley's driving motive.

A "successful" Rangers could make it into the top 20 or 30 on income (with CL revenues; stadium sell outs; merchandising etc.) but would be able to do so at a fraction of what it costs NUFC. All you need is a Craig an Anne and a Robbie.

- that is the nub of this case , Underlying the request, he also has to privide sufficient evidence that he is indeed owed this sum,

or, as near as possible evidence.. now, he has failed so far. But the club may have provided circumstantial information to the public domain SINCE then.

He's been in court twice already. At no point has it been question whether he is owed the money. Unless I missed something, his case was dismissed because the judge was a bluenose felt there was no evidence that Rangers were in sufficient soapy bubble to merit the ringfencing.

I imagine that there is a watertight onerous contract with his name on it.

Yes he I think he just wanted the profit making rangers retail business and has acquired it for a good price.

Unless he can cream off any other assets I think that will be all he is interested in

I've not seen any mention of the other side of the deal.

Ashley has taken over 50% of a joint venture on Rangers Retail (benefits and costs). What did he pay Rangers to do so?

Was it another pound? A whole 100% increase in his investment?

I guess if as their QC states that It's all so bloody good in Hun-world, ring fencing the cash won't be a problem for them then !! bollocks !!

Edited by Toonpack

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers do already have playing staff budget of around ?7m compared to turnover is actually great apart from the quality of those players, its the non playing staff that's the issue 4 or 5 people are horsing around 60% of turnover as well as ?1brox and Murray park are drains on the cash flow. its a total revamp they need

By all accounts getting rid of MP would do no end of good for them, it's not exactly churning out the proverbial conveyor belt of talent into the first team is it?

However, it'll be kept because 1) it'll be too much of a loss of face, 2) WATP, and 3) Dave King innit?

We_are_the_Hearts

This stuff is laughable? How much money do folk get paid for this shit? Not one bit of evidence, just like the last time. Our system really is a joke!

Does Summers actually have to prove anything he says ?

If the judge believes Summers and the rangers then go into admin in the next few months are there any repercussions for Summers for misleading the judge?

Part of cash raised from share offer would be used to repay some of ?1.5million loan #bbcsportscot

"Board and Mr Wallace do not wish to give pursuer (Imran Ahmed) any comfort" says Rangers QC #bbcsportscot

Edited by Dannie Boy

...a bit disco

"Board and Mr Wallace do not wish to give pursuer (Imran Ahmed) any comfort" says Rangers QC

I'll bet they don't.

It could turn out to be a very expensive handy indeed!

"Board and Mr Wallace do not wish to give pursuer (Imran Ahmed) any comfort" says Rangers QC

Should that not be 'any guarantee that Ahmad will get paid if he wins'

Kalamazoo Jambo

They don't want to buy him a sofa.

Makes sense when you couch it in those terms.

Anyone know how long this case is likely to go on for?

Makes sense when you couch it in those terms.

Anyone know how long this case is likely to go on for?

They should try to get into the English Leagues by buying, say ... Chesterfield ...

And buy a midfield player who can put their futon the ball.

No comfort = we got no cash that can be ring fenced, if it is ring fenced, we will be in admin next week!!

They're telling him they don't use fabric conditioner

Wouldn't it be quicker if someone told Ahmad," look bud,you haven't got a cat's chance in hell of beating this mob,just give up."

Current Rangers share issue is not underwritten and high level of confidence it will be fully subscribed

Yeah right ok then, thats all sorted, move along, nothing to see here !!!!! Beggars belief

Current Rangers share issue is not underwritten and high level of confidence it will be fully subscribed

Really? This is all about fairy tales and cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Footballfirst

Financial position is more positive now than it was in February says Rangers QC Alan Summers

-----------------------

Positive that they are running out of cash fast.

BBCBMcLauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin 55s

Rangers will be seeking consent at AGM for a further issue of shares

Edited by Footballfirst

Toxteth O'Grady

Why have they still not published accounts?

Rhetorical question

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

D'oh! It's just dawned on me that this leak of 'bad' news about naming rights issue, Rangers Retal etc is DESIGNED to stop the normal fan shareholder putting his or her hand in their pocket. Consequently the spiv shareholders will oversubscribe and increase their % shareholding. Then at the next AGM they'll have carte blanche to issue as many hundred million shares as they want.

Footballfirst

BBCBMcLauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin 15s

Most of the quotes from Rangers QC Alan Summers are from sworn avidavit from Chief Executive Graham Wallace

AGM to discuss new share issue likely to be " September or October this year" says Rangers QC Alan Summers

----------------------------

They better be quick getting the accounts out if it is going to be in September

Edited by Footballfirst

I would be very surprised if Wallace is sticking his neck out without some truth in these quotes then from Summers.

His reputation is in tatters anyway, he might as well

His reputation is in tatters anyway, he might as well

Not to the point that we wants to be standing in court explaining himself in a couple of months.

Looks to me like the corpse has some way togo before there is nothing left on it.

I wonder who the 2 investors are ??

Hagar the Horrible

Not to the point that we wants to be standing in court explaining himself in a couple of months.

Looks to me like the corpse has some way togo before there is nothing left on it.

I wonder who the 2 investors are ??

The Dallas Cowbhoys and a convicted tax fraudster

Jambof3tornado

BBCBMcLauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin 15s

Most of the quotes from Rangers QC Alan Summers are from sworn avidavit from Chief Executive Graham Wallace

AGM to discuss new share issue likely to be " September or October this year" says Rangers QC Alan Summers

----------------------------

They better be quick getting the accounts out if it is going to be in September

Noticed required for AGM means october at best,september a clear fib. One of many fibs to air in court today!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic