The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Bazzas right boot

25 pt penalty and their team stripped to the bone with a signing ban. Maybe they will hand out titles in February,

End of next week. The 9th I think?

I believe if this offer to existing share holders fails then a second open public offer could be set up.

. It will all be too little to late if Imran wins his case tomorrow. That in it's self should be just enough to tip them over the edge.

jack D and coke
I have no wish to see any team disappear from Scottish football even if it is the latest reincarnation of "Rangers" . To be fair 95%+ of the shoite spouted on here is just exactly what it says on the tin. If however "Rangers" do go bust again I hope the SFA and SPFL remember the rules they set out an follow them to the letter!

No I'll be honest after what we went through I don't wish to see any other club vanish altogether but **** me I've enjoyed the pain, tears, snotters and shite they've went through!

No I'll be honest after what we went through I don't wish to see any other club vanish altogether but **** me I've enjoyed the pain, tears, snotters and shite they've went through!

I agree with your sentiment. It would be nice to see them go into admin and suffer a 25 point deduction that could keep them in the Championship for another season, especially if they have to offload their higher earning players.

What's more interesting for me is who would end up in control if they did go through another administration. Would they be able to clear the decks and start again with people in charge who have a genuine affinity for the club and a vested interest in its long term future? Or will it be another bunch of spivs looking to milk the club for all they can get?

With all due respect to jack D and coke, I would mourn any club going under - including the wee team - but ether side of the Old Scum? Never. Plague on both their houses. Scotland and the world would be a better place without them both.

Bazzas right boot

With all due respect to jack D and coke, I would mourn any club going under - including the wee team - but ether side of the Old Scum? Never. Plague on both their houses. Scotland and the world would be a better place without them both.

Optimized-1314669896778%20(1).jpg

Footballfirst

There is a post on TSFM (originating from KDS) indicating that Rangers Retail staff were told today by an Employment Manager of SD that they are now employed by Sports Direct.

If that is true then it is apparent that Mike Ashley is starting to exercise whatever clout he has. PMGB suggested last week that Ashley had part funded the August wage bill, but at a price for Rangers which was the loss of their interest in Rangers Retail Ltd.

There is a post on TSFM (originating from KDS) indicating that Rangers Retail staff were told today by an Employment Manager of SD that they are now employed by Sports Direct.

If that is true then it is apparent that Mike Ashley is starting to exercise whatever clout he has. PMGB suggested last week that Ashley had part funded the August wage bill, but at a price for Rangers which was the loss of their interest in Rangers Retail Ltd.

It does appear as if Mr Ashley has the huns over the proverbial barrel :)

We should really hope they survive until January.

The current situation has had a huge impact upon their spending, there will be more cuts to come and whilst there is a championship race of sorts our crowds will benefit.

Limping along with all the backroom chaos it brings as well as players worrying about their future is all to our benefit.

Footballfirst

Mark Dingwall (Grandmaster Suck) seems to think there is more bad news on the way, which might relate to my earlier post.

Grandmaster_Suck

icon8.gifDaily Record Friday back page - more bad news

More Ashley news.

Won't stick my source in it but wait for the graphic which is usually up sometime between now and midnight.

Edited by Footballfirst

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Ashley's picking up the club bit by bit for sweeties. He'll soon own Rangers and then sell Newcastle to some oil billionaire for a tidy profit. Makes no difference to him whether it's chavs from Glasgow or Newcastle wearing his gear. Guys got balls btw. :lol:

Imagine if they got a 25 point deduction and STILL finished ahead of the vermin. That would please me greatly, especially if they beat them to 4th place (only for Rangers to lose playoff of course). Hell, they could go into admin tomorrow and only be 19 behind the wee team.

Edited by Allez Rossoneri

Fozzyonthefence

A Rangers admin would effectively hand the title to us but I fear they would still make the play offs, in fact I'm certain they wouldn't finish lower than 4th, and would probably still go up with us. I'd rather they went into admin once we've already won the title.

I must admit I've not followed this story as closely as others and there is do doubt that most of the money-making potential at The Rangers has been sold off to outside investors, but what I don't understand is that if Sevco are in such a bad financial state why did they not use the recent transfer window to offload some of the higher earners at the club, or a least sell a couple of players to ease their plight? The whole thing seems a complete basket case, the only plausible explanation I can see is that the different factions of spivs have got the whole thing carved up so much to a point that none of them have enough control to get out of the mess they find themselves in. The other alternative is that the real scenario isn't nearly as bad as the rumours would indicate.

Footballfirst

The rumoured news is going down well on Follow Follow

"If the main shop at the ground becomes sports direct, I hope some nutter torches the b***ard."

Edited by Footballfirst

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The rumoured news is going down well on Follow Follow

"If the main shop at the ground becomes sports direct, I hope some nutter torches the b***ard."

:rofl:

More deranged than your average bear.

I must admit I've not followed this story as closely as others and there is do doubt that most of the money-making potential at The Rangers has been sold off to outside investors, but what I don't understand is that if Sevco are in such a bad financial state why did they not use the recent transfer window to offload some of the higher earners at the club, or a least sell a couple of players to ease their plight? The whole thing seems a complete basket case, the only plausible explanation I can see is that the different factions of spivs have got the whole thing carved up so much to a point that none of them have enough control to get out of the mess they find themselves in. The other alternative is that the real scenario isn't nearly as bad as the rumours would indicate.

They didn't try to cut back last time either. Even trying to sign Cousin just after entering administration.

Footballfirst

Interesting upsurge in popularity on this thread.

No surprise. It just goes in cycles. At this point we are closing in fast on what will be another pivotal day in the short history of this club.

...a bit disco

No surprise. It just goes in cycles. At this point we are closing in fast on what will be another pivotal day in the short history of this club.

Tongue was firmly planted in cheek FF.

:D

...a bit disco

Those banners that were delivered were prob new signage for the shop front I bet.

Which 'shop front' would that be Farin?

Ally McCoist? Lee McCulloch?

...a bit disco

Any sign of this Daily Record graphic?

Nothing on the front page on Twitter.

...a bit disco

e75bafdfb7d86137f748bd1687c39f2c.jpg

The branding will be everywhere, classy.. :lol:

Ooft!

:lol:

Brick Tamland

Those banners that were delivered were prob new signage for the shop front I bet.

It will be the first sports direct to have a bridal department

Although I cannot pretend to know what the hell is going on at Sevco the latest developments suggest to me that some sort of end game is imminent. Why does Ashley suddenly appear to be flexing his muscles (albeit rather flabby muscles!)

Although the closing date to take up the new share issue is not until next week, there's no doubt that the Board will have been sounding out existing shareholders as to whether they intend to subscribe for their allocation or not. I'd imagine most if not all will have made their minds up very quickly. So I am speculating that they already know the share issue is going to fail.

...a bit disco

A lot of my family are Geordies and they are of the opinion that this is all part of an exit strategy out of United by Ashley.

There again, it could just be wishful thinking on their part.

Edited by ...a bit disco

jamboinglasgow

I see Alloa have agreed a six figure sum for sponsorship of Recreation park, who would think that it's sponsorship would go for at least 100,000 x more than Ibrox.

...a bit disco

I see Alloa have agreed a six figure sum for sponsorship of Recreation park, who would think that it's sponsorship would go for at least 100,000 x more than Ibrox.

This is true?

If so...

:lol:

I think they were trying to offload higher earners, but these guys are on lucrative contracts that no other club is likely to match, so there is no motivation for the high earners to move on while they are still under contract. By all accounts elbows is on something like ?10k per week, at 36 years of age. Why would he move on before his contract expires?

http://i.imgur.com/XzpqDfZ.jpg

25ee747440f64d58a5421cf22ae6847f.jpg

51 staff transferred over to the sports direct payroll.

It will be interesting to see how the orcs react to this. Ashley must have been sitting in the wings from day 1. Greens been stiffed and now it's line up time for them. Somehow I don't thing they will be willing partners.

Footballfirst

I can see some sense in this move from Ashley.

If he has a watertight contract that will survive administration,then I think that it is a pre-emptive action to look after his own interests.

By separating RR from the club, he then has full control of the retail business and the ongoing rights to use the brand if/when the club emerges from administration.

The threat he would carry is to vote against a CVA if the administrators sought to break the contract.

If he left half of RR with the club, then he risked having the assets of RR purloined to pay off other creditors.

Who wants to buy them?

The high earners are under contract and don't want or need to move.

They were told/asked to take a 15% pay cut, they refused.

Pay day loans were taken out to get them through last season (until this season's ST's went on sale)

These loans are still outstanding and yet they add to the wage bill with Miller, Boyd, McGregor and Zaliukas.

They dont undrerstand austerity. Feck them.

If he has a watertight contract that will survive administration,then I think that it is a pre-emptive action to look after his own interests.

By separating RR from the club, he then has full control of the retail business and the ongoing rights to use the brand if/when the club emerges from administration.

The threat he would carry is to vote against a CVA if the administrators sought to break the contract.

If he left half of RR with the club, then he risked having the assets of RR purloined to pay off other creditors.

Think you have made more sense out of this than anyone!!

jamboinglasgow

So Ashley knows what is coming and is protecting himself (which in turn could position himself nicely to buy up Rangers as part of the admin process, getting rid of the debt and getting the club cheap.)

I wonder if Ashley might decide not to rename the stadium but rename the team instead like the Hull Tigers owners did. I'm thinking The Sports Direct Rangers ? It's stupid of course, but anything's possible !

I wonder if Ashley might decide not to rename the stadium but rename the team instead like the Hull Tigers owners did. I'm thinking The Sports Direct Rangers ? It's stupid of course, but anything's possible !

Poundland Pirates ??

The club itself will benefit from a cut in costs due to a reduction in the wage bill would it not ?

The price they pay for this is still to become clear but if Ashley is involved it will be to his benefit no doubt.... he has not made it to the top without being ruthless and showing good business skills to boot.

I'm sure he has clauses within contracts which ensure he will not be left with major losses from his investment in the club.

(and if he had control he would ensure it is run as a business... they would not be in the position they are now if he was running matters)

Edited by CJGJ

So Ashley knows what is coming and is protecting himself (which in turn could position himself nicely to buy up Rangers as part of the admin process, getting rid of the debt and getting the club cheap.)

Ashley's still got one problem to solve, Newcastle. Does he have a buyer lined up for them (as he's done his dash there) then shift his money North to Ibrox. He has 10% share holding and that would allow him to buy into this issue then he's well place to make a take over bid for more. Don't know enough about it but other than FF theory I can't see what's behind all this apparent sudden interest other than he wants ownership.

Edited by Dannie Boy

As long as they hit admin and get a -25 and this aids us then i'll be happy even if he then pumps millions into them next season.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic