The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Staying on the Biblical theme who would you nominate as Judas?

Davie Murray and the 30 pieces of Silverware, got by loan payments :toff:

livingstonjambo

Will Mike Ashley not just invest more money into them?

He has the rights to the merchandise etc he needs a club to keep that cash flow coming for that

Will he,can he,would it be too daft?

Or is he aware that the SPFL will do anything to keep the rangers ticking over

Would anyone in their right mind want to lend money to Rangers in their current state. I don't think they have any assets left to secure against. Current shareholders can buy in at present of which Dave King isn't one . Bearing in mind they have said they will have to tap shareholders at the end of the year again, if its an open offer they will have to produce a full prospectus which is expensive and will expose all the skeletons unless they try and tap current shareholders (like they are doing now).

What's the deal with non payment of wages these days? Does the punishment-o-meter start ticking as soon as money is a no-no or does it take a complaint from a player?

I believe the offending club has a duty to inform the league straight away and the league can take immediate action.

The question is whether or not it is seen as a first offence - which I am assuming it will...

I can't remember the punishment though.

Allowayjambo1874

What's the deal with non payment of wages these days? Does the punishment-o-meter start ticking as soon as money is a no-no or does it take a complaint from a player?

Always thought it was the players via the player union. At the end of the day if all players agree to defer or reduce wages with the club I am not sure rules have been broken. Thing is the players refused to take a 15% cut not that long ago so cannot see them agreeing to defer.

It's supposed to be self disclosure within a couple of day of a remuneration default. There is an automatic ban on new registrations until the default is settled.

Further actions may be taken against the club by the SPFL. In Hearts case it was just a warning following the first default, then a short registration ban, then a longer one.

Thanks chief

i wish jj was my dad

I am astounded that anyone is still surprised by these sorts. Rangers' support is absolutely riddled with these ******* vermin. Total scum.

You couldn't be more wrong - they are all just ordinary punters who support their club and we should all feel sorry for them. Only a tiny minority are bigots and very few of them were actually involved in the attempt to intimidate anybody who felt that sporting integrity was more important than having the quarterly bigot fest. You just need to look at or listen to Alistair as an example of how they have faced up to the consequences of the evil Craig Whyte's tenure. No bleating about how Whyte wasted money on Tore Andre Flo or gained any advantage with these side contracts at the expense of BoS customers and the taxpayer . Ally and the boys took it on the chin, cut their cloth accordingly and scrapped their way out of the divisions with a budget that was probably only about 20 times of their closest challengers. They never complained. They just got on with it. If Hearts or their fans could just look at the bigger picture, they would bend over and assume the position so that our big cousins could get back to making Scottish football great again.

Amirite?

Fraser Wishart to grass you - so nae chance there then!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You couldn't be more wrong - they are all just ordinary punters who support their club and we should all feel sorry for them. Only a tiny minority are bigots and very few of them were actually involved in the attempt to intimidate anybody who felt that sporting integrity was more important than having the quarterly bigot fest. You just need to look at or listen to Alistair as an example of how they have faced up to the consequences of the evil Craig Whyte's tenure. No bleating about how Whyte wasted money on Tore Andre Flo or gained any advantage with these side contracts at the expense of BoS customers and the taxpayer . Ally and the boys took it on the chin, cut their cloth accordingly and scrapped their way out of the divisions with a budget that was probably only about 20 times of their closest challengers. They never complained. They just got on with it. If Hearts or their fans could just look at the bigger picture, they would bend over and assume the position so that our big cousins could get back to making Scottish football great again.

Amirite?

They're just like us, our cousins and matchday drinking buddies.

...a bit disco

Exactly mate.

i wish jj was my dad

stop being obsessive.

Think about those excellent results against Falkirk ...and Peterhead and Forfar.

weetam3106 user_online.gif

Re: Ahmad case - live tweets from court - Arrestment order granted up to max of 620k

Maybe we can get blackie to put it on hearts to win the league?

:laugh:

Edited by Brandt

The Mighty Thor

We share a passion for commemorative tea towels. 17th century battles a speciality.

can anyone please summarise what the implactions of this decision is now for Rangers or what could happen now?

They're fecked.

Rudolf's Mate

Should have been shut down months ago according to way to many people on here.

Na! Despite only visiting this thread every month or so. I find it incredibly pleasing ;)

Knuckledraggers......

0a0ba47be32f35fcc3fc1579f08ca59b_normal.jpegdavid mcivor @DavidPmcivor · 51m

he's owed **** all he cost us money the wee inbred p*** ######

(Edited)

See the scummy bar steward is sat outside a run down shop with a cushion! Talk about keeping it classy!

Anyone tell me how I post photos from an iPhone on the forum please...?

if you're viewing on your iphone there should be an advert for Tapatalk. Get that as it's brilliant for JKB and you can post pics directly from the app.

Footballfirst

Rules on remuneration defaults (from the SPFL rule book)

E17 Except in circumstances where there is a bona fide dispute as to liability for payment by the Club, where the Club is entitled to deduct or otherwise withhold payment of a sum otherwise due or where the Club takes, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event, any Club which shall fail to pay any sum due by it to a Player under and in terms of that Player?s Contract of Service and/or any sum due by it under a contract of employment to any Official engaged in football management and/or football coaching (a ?Remuneration Default?) shall be in breach of these Rules.

E18 Any Club which suffers or is subject to a Remuneration Default shall within 2 days of such default notify the Secretary in writing of any such default with details of the amount(s) and Player(s) and/or Official(s) concerned and if it fails to so notify the Secretary it shall be in breach of these Rules.

E19 Any Club which commits a Remuneration Default shall not, except with the consent of the Board, be entitled or permitted to Register any Professional Player with the League and the League shall not register such a Player until the Board is satisfied that such Remuneration Default shall no longer continue or subsist.

...a bit disco

They're just misunderstood and not deranged at all, mate.

I hear what you're saying mate.

thecorrieorphin

Sorry if this has already been answered but i heard on SSN earlier that Mike Ashley can buy shares up to a 9.9% shareholding . If he were to do this how much cash would this provide them with

Rudolf's Mate

can anyone please summarise what the implactions of this decision is now for Rangers or what could happen now?

In my limited knowledge....

They have a matter of weeks to find serious investment or they'll likely default on wages, bills etc, etc! Once they start defaulting it's a question of what and who. If I had to take a guess my money would be on them defaulting on wages. If I was a creditor and they defaulted I wouldn't give them longer than the standard terms to rectify before taking action.

Footballfirst

Sorry if this has already been answered but i heard on SSN earlier that Mike Ashley can buy shares up to a 9.9% shareholding . If he were to do this how much cash would this provide them with

He has 3M shares at present, so 9.9% would be just over 6.5M of the shares currently on issue. (3.5M shares at 20p a share that would be ?700K).

However, assuming the share offer is fully subscribed 9.9% would equate to just under 8.5M of the enlarges share base (5.5M new shares at 20p would be ?1.1M)

Oh how I do love the mess rangers have made. Even funnier is the attempt by some of the more intelligent (an oxymoron I know) fans to try and explain the situation without admitting the truth that they have allowed this to happen with their inaction.

Feeling very smug

thecorrieorphin

He has 3M shares at present, so 9.9% would be just over 6.5M of the shares currently on issue. (3.5M shares at 20p a share that would be ?700K).

However, assuming the share offer is fully subscribed 9.9% would equate to just under 8.5M of the enlarges share base (5.5M new shares at 20p would be ?1.1M)

Cheers FF

Footballfirst

They have a matter of weeks to find serious investment or they'll likely default on wages, bills etc, etc! Once they start defaulting it's a question of what and who. If I had to take a guess my money would be on them defaulting on wages. If I was a creditor and they defaulted I wouldn't give them longer than the standard terms to rectify before taking action.

I think that events will start happening within the next week. They will know the take up of the share offer by Wednesday, the amount of "extra shares" subscribed for by Friday.

If the make enough from that then they might be able to limp along to an AGM and a new share issue. However, I'm getting the feeling that the share offer is designed to fail (take up will be less than 75%).

That being the case, decisions will have to be made very quickly, Straight into administration, or Sale and leaseback of Ibrox and/or Murray Park, or another loan (probably on onerous terms but secured on Murray Park or Ibrox).

The Board will claim to have given the fans a chance to invest more, so they will go back on previous promises.

Any creditor who is overdue payment could trigger insolvency should they seek a winding up order.

For the non twitterers what did he ****?

For non twitterers, you don't need twitter or a twitter account to read what he said, or what a lot of people on twitter say.

It's perfectly accessible from an internet browser.

I P Knightley

And for those who are in any doubt about the mentality of your average Rangers fan... check out ########## on Twitter... sheer class & he can expect a visit from the boys in blue...

Why do people follow people like that on Twitter?

Good stuff, but you could probably take it further:

From the Genesis of Sevco, the Exodus of the fans, various Numbers of cash spirited away, several Judges asked to rule on their misdemeanours , the continuing worship of the Kings (Billy and Dave), Chronicles of mismanagement, various CEOs asleep on the Job, Lamentations about the actions of the various board members, Jonah himself in the form of their manager and onto the new testament with John (Brown) of the deeds fame, the incredible Acts of fans and directors, the Timothys with their jelly and ice cream, together with their leader Peter (Lawwell) having it in for them, Jude the patron saint of desperate cases and finally the Revelation that it was all in vain.

That is just absolutely brilliant. It should get some kind of prize

I wonder if their VAT and PAYE bills are up to date?

I doubt if Hector would give them any lea way at all if they fail to stump up on time.

Edited by Deevers

He's well paranoid about getting his toaster nicked, eh? :unsure:

thats the thing thats concerning me the most to be honest!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

thats the thing thats concerning me the most to be honest!

He seems terrified that it'll get nicked by some European type. :(

Rudolf's Mate

I think that events will start happening within the next week. They will know the take up of the share offer by Wednesday, the amount of "extra shares" subscribed for by Friday.

If the make enough from that then they might be able to limp along to an AGM and a new share issue. However, I'm getting the feeling that the share offer is designed to fail (take up will be less than 75%).

That being the case, decisions will have to be made very quickly, Straight into administration, or Sale and leaseback of Ibrox and/or Murray Park, or another loan (probably on onerous terms but secured on Murray Park or Ibrox).

The Board will claim to have given the fans a chance to invest more, so they will go back on previous promises.

Any creditor who is overdue payment could trigger insolvency should they seek a winding up order.

FF do you think it will even be as high as 75%? I'm just going on what I'm reading re disgruntled fans with groups warning others not to invest etc.

As you say, the next week is going to be very interesting :)

WorldChampions1902

I wonder if their VAT and PAYE bills are up to date?

I doubt if Hector would give them any lea way at all if they fail to stump up on time.

Given 'Rangers' track record, I believe that HMRC would have their PAYE and VAT payments under constant scrutiny. In which case, I would expect them to be bang up to date (sadly).

Why do people follow people like that on Twitter?

That is just absolutely brilliant. It should get some kind of prize

Wait 'til you see Colin's version!

High quality lies ;

Summers added: "Talks are at an advanced stage with two potential investors. The club has not been in rude health for some time. But the situation is improving. The club is trading its way out of difficulties. It's current position is the envy of many English Premiership clubs.?

"It is moving upwards through the leagues. The plan is for it to return into the Scottish Premiership and into the promised land of European competition where there is big money to be made through gate money, television rights and the like."

Footballfirst

FF do you think it will even be as high as 75%? I'm just going on what I'm reading re disgruntled fans with groups warning others not to invest etc.

As you say, the next week is going to be very interesting :)

I honestly don't know what the take-up will be. None of the big shareholders have come out publicly and said what they are doing. The Rangers Supporters Trust and Rangers First fans groups have said that they will take it up but their holdings are less than 1%.

That sounds about right based on the numbers quoted in today's court case. They had ?1.2m in the bank, of which ?600k has now been ring fenced for Ahmed. That would barely, if at all cover their normal monthly overspend.

If the share offer fails, then the next big test will be meeting September payroll. Assuming wages are paid at the end of the month, they have a home cup tie against ICT, who will receive half of the gate receipts than a home league match against Hibs just before the end of the month. That might give them enough to cover the wages for September, but they won't be in a position to meet October payroll unless they bring in additional funds.

Bear in mind they also have outstanding shareholder loans of ?1.5m that are now overdue. Easdale stated in his 'grilling' by Keith Jackson that he was willing to let his ?500k loan ride, but apparently Letham, who is owed ?1m, only very reluctantly agreed to an extension, and may be less willing to let that continue, given the perilous state of the finances.

If you give any credence to what PMcGB posts, according to him they have a few other outstanding bills.

So if the share issue fails, unless someone else comes forward to provide additional funding, it's difficult to see them staying afloat for much more than a few more weeks.

High quality lies ;

Summers added: "Talks are at an advanced stage with two potential investors. The club has not been in rude health for some time. But the situation is improving. The club is trading its way out of difficulties. It's current position is the envy of many English Premiership clubs.

"It is moving upwards through the leagues. The plan is for it to return into the Scottish Premiership and into the promised land of European competition where there is big money to be made through gate money, television rights and the like."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did he actually say that and manage to keep a straight face?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic