The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

...a bit disco

It is true.

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence 37s

Stadium naming rights catching on. @AlloaWasps set to do it with the Recs.

?@AlloaWasps: @bbcjimspence 6 figure sum according to Alloa chairman Mike Mulraney.?very nice bit of work in that case.

Marvellous.

Mike Mulraney schooling The Spivs in good business practice.

:rofl:

Spoke to a boy I know after fives tonight who is usually ITK with all matters Ibrox & Rangers and he's convinced that administration II is on the cards and is likely to happen sooner rather than later.

From what he's saying, a lot of dirty washing is still to be aired before it happens with the main "saviours/contenders" sitting on the sidelines waiting to pick up the pieces.

He's expecting the administration even itself to be brutal with a mass cull of players and staff, but he does believe it's a necessary evil.

I can see some sense in this move from Ashley.

If he has a watertight contract that will survive administration,then I think that it is a pre-emptive action to look after his own interests.

By separating RR from the club, he then has full control of the retail business and the ongoing rights to use the brand if/when the club emerges from administration.

The threat he would carry is to vote against a CVA if the administrators sought to break the contract.

If he left half of RR with the club, then he risked having the assets of RR purloined to pay off other creditors.

Clarity required for the hard of thinking FF - IF they go into admin, what's to stop the administrators ripping the contract and "awarding" it to the highest/preferred bidder?

Who wants to buy them?

The high earners are under contract and don't want or need to move.

They were told/asked to take a 15% pay cut, they refused.

Pay day loans were taken out to get them through last season (until this season's ST's went on sale)

These loans are still outstanding and yet they add to the wage bill with Miller, Boyd, McGregor and Zaliukas.

They dont undrerstand austerity. Feck them.

Admin is a necessity to allow any wannabe owner to offload all the high earners in the team and in the back offices. The spivs have run out of ways to raise cash from the idiots. They won't leave without first trying to hive the assets off into a separate company though.

Fun times ahead!!!

Footballfirst

Clarity required for the hard of thinking FF - IF they go into admin, what's to stop the administrators ripping the contract and "awarding" it to the highest/preferred bidder?

I don't know the terms of the contract with Ashley, but Rangers Retail already holds the licences to market the Rangers trade marks, name, badges etc. I suspect that it would be difficult for an administrator to break such a contract, given any post admin club would want to use those marks.

Assuming that Ashley has taken full control of Rangers Retail and that the licences may have long running and exclusive rights, then he has the club over a barrel, particularly by separating RR from the club at this time.

Here are the licences for the Rangers badge and the Ibrox name, held by Rangers Retail.

http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK0002291539A

http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK00002226627

Edited by Footballfirst

The rumoured news is going down well on Follow Follow

"If the main shop at the ground becomes sports direct, I hope some nutter torches the b***ard."

Can a shop be a b***ard?

Mike Ashley paid ?1.5M for his 3M shares. He got half of them at 99p and the other half at 1p, so they averaged out at 50p a share.

The info came from one of the documents leaked by CF. (apologies for the small type)

NtF5w8S.jpg

I note that "super fat salary" paid ?10,000 for 1,000,000 shares (?00.1) per share.

This is only worth about ?220,000 just at the moment but still a lift of 23 X his investment. Also he is one of only 4 that got all their shares for a penny.

With sports direct controlling Rangers retail and naming rights to Ibrox, could the next step be for them to look to take control (through admin 2)

With Ashley having the issue of owning 2 football clubs, could he get around this by using SD to purchase rangers?

With Ashley being the majority share holder in SD he would still effectively own Rangers however it would be part of the SD group just like USC and some sports brands that SD own?

Is that a loophole that could allow him to take control?

It's just a thought but is the upswing in support for a Yes vote related in any way to the knuckledraggers only having the intelligence to concentrate on one thing at a time and that being the demise of their unionist club?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So does Ashley now own all the club stores?

Ie. A part of the club that makes a profit!

I think they've only got three left anyway. The highstreet ones went tits up years ago, thankfully. Think it's just Ibrox shop, Airport, and Belfast.

With sports direct controlling Rangers retail and naming rights to Ibrox, could the next step be for them to look to take control (through admin 2)

With Ashley having the issue of owning 2 football clubs, could he get around this by using SD to purchase rangers?

With Ashley being the majority share holder in SD he would still effectively own Rangers however it would be part of the SD group just like USC and some sports brands that SD own?

I suggest you are onto something , it sounds very feasible.

Perhaps 'S-D' will attempt also to do it by stealth, which is already underway, and try to suggest that this is not a new Administration and thus avoid the 25 point penalty.

Edited by Alva-Jambo

Ashley is setting this up nice for himself it's what he does buys up failing businesses for next to nothing.His problem will be shifting Newcastle so he can take full control at Ibrox.

Ashley is setting this up nice for himself it's what he does buys up failing businesses for next to nothing.His problem will be shifting Newcastle so he can take full control at Ibrox.

Is this not good news for rangers and their fans then? Someone coming in and taking over go has money to spend!

We_are_the_Hearts

Admin 2 looks further away now surely? If Ashley has a buyer lined up for Newcastle then he can just swoop in, get Sevco on the cheap and then start rebuilding them? Or am I missing something?

Is this not good news for rangers and their fans then? Someone coming in and taking over go has money to spend!

Possibly- but was I right, might they avoid the administration deduction. He already owns at least 5% of the shares. He doesnt want these shares to become worthless ( as in an administration and refunding package). I suggest all the other clubs sit up, because the rest of us won;t accept that. ( I realise I am a bit early maybe)

I P Knightley

In most walks of business life that would not work - it's transparent that there's a controlling interest. I think that there was something similar when Robert Maxwell & The Mirror Group started taking up stakes in a few clubs & the whole issue of controlling more than one club took off.

When the SFA are calling the shots, though, who knows?

I P Knightley

Admin 2 looks further away now surely? If Ashley has a buyer lined up for Newcastle then he can just swoop in, get Sevco on the cheap and then start rebuilding them? Or am I missing something?

I like the suggestion that he's ring-fencing his 50% stake in Retail. I'm not certain that Rangers selling off a profit-making (if it is) part of their business in the run up to an equity issue is legit; it's certainly not a wise move (if we're talking about rational investors).

If Ashley is to sell NUFC and take control at ?1brox (a clever move from him - I've always said that Rangers (post Whyte) should be a huge money spinner) he'd be better to have the Admin to clear the decks & the opportunity to rid the place of onerous contracts & dunderheids.

I can't see how you turn a profit in Scottish football other than the type of asset strip we have seen since sevco were born.

There is no money without champs league and sevco need tens of millions to get close to the 2nd pre qual stage.

The spivs won't sell cheap. They will want full value.

The stadium and, to some extent, Murray Park have a value. The spivs will want paid at full market rates for those assets - or they'll keep them to themselves by hiving them off into a separate company (like Tom Farmer has with ER and EM).

The best outcome would be a spiv owned Ibrox. Ripping off the club forever and a day. Magic!

A couple of things from me -

Am I missing something - why does Ashley taking over some sports shops get inflated into "tightening his grip". I don't see Ashley buying Ibrox at any price (at least ,not with the current plying staff costs). Why would he pour money down the drain - he got his fingers burned at Newcastle and if hadn't put ?150 million of his own cash into that club they'd have gone bust. I think he only wants what's good for Sports Direct and that;s a firm grasp of the merchandising.

I wouldn't think an admin event -if it happens- is going to be easy to overcome.If Sevco get a points deduction of whatever amount I don't think they can overcome that quite so easily as some people think. The big question is - what would the impact on the playing side be ? A points deduction is only a consequence of admin , whereas the real purpose is to slash costs so that Sevco can continue trading.That is gonna hurt and really impact Sevco's ability to compete. I'm sure of it.

It would be far better for Ashley to pick up Rangers after admin. As has been said, he could rid the club of its current spivs and onerous contracts and start with a clean slate.

What has to be remembered here though, is that Rangers have next to zero working capital. If Ahmad wins his case today, that could tip them over the edge. Hence the reason for Ashley separating RR from the club, he's trying to salvage what he can before admin. There certainly isn't time for Ashley to sell off Newcastle and get round the dual-ownership issue! They have nothing to work with, if the share issue fails then admin will proceed.

Edited by Strachsuit

So even though Ashley seems to be coming more and more involved and the fact he has heaps of cash I assume they will still need and administation event to rid themselves of the high earners? The biggest thing that's killing them is the monthly outgoings?

They need to do austerity to get on an even keel.

Can someone please tell me if administrators can rip up the contracts of high earning players without consequence? I kind of thought that the 'lost' earnings would become football debt which the the post admin club would need to repay? I am really struggling to see why M.A. would want to take on a club - paying full whack to the spiv shareholders in the process - in order to try to get a promotion spot with a weakened team, a crap manager and a 25 point deduction !

Are we reading too much into this. RR is (or should be) a highly profitable business. Is it not just possible that this is all he wants?

So even though Ashley seems to be coming more and more involved and the fact he has heaps of cash I assume they will still need and administation event to rid themselves of the high earners? The biggest thing that's killing them is the monthly outgoings?

Exactly.

As well as the ludicrous salaries being paid , there are the "onerous contracts" referred to by others. Does Ashley need a headache like this , even if there is money to be made later ?

Footballfirst

Are we reading too much into this. RR is (or should be) a highly profitable business. Is it not just possible that this is all he wants?

That would be my reading of it. From other forums, it appears that he has the rights to use the brands for 7 years. That should earn him a decent return over the period.

Edited by Footballfirst

I can't see how you turn a profit in Scottish football other than the type of asset strip we have seen since sevco were born.

There is no money without champs league and sevco need tens of millions to get close to the 2nd pre qual stage.

Maybe Ashley ain't in it to turn a profit and it would be more of a vanity project for him.Would be able to win leagues and compete in the CL at a fraction of what it would ever cost to get Newcastle to that position.

We_are_the_Hearts

Maybe Ashley ain't in it to turn a profit and it would be more of a vanity project for him.Would be able to win leagues and compete in the CL at a fraction of what it would ever cost to get Newcastle to that position.

You mean CL qualifiers....................surely The Rangers co-efficient would mean it would be nigh on impossible for them to qualify, even if they manage to beat Celtic.

You mean CL qualifiers....................surely The Rangers co-efficient would mean it would be nigh on impossible for them to qualify, even if they manage to beat Celtic.

Not straight away but with the right investment in players they could still get there look at that Bulgaria team this season.

Edited by vegas-voss

A couple of things from me -

Am I missing something - why does Ashley taking over some sports shops get inflated into "tightening his grip". I don't see Ashley buying Ibrox at any price (at least ,not with the current plying staff costs). Why would he pour money down the drain - he got his fingers burned at Newcastle and if hadn't put ?150 million of his own cash into that club they'd have gone bust. I think he only wants what's good for Sports Direct and that;s a firm grasp of the merchandising.

I wouldn't think an admin event -if it happens- is going to be easy to overcome.If Sevco get a points deduction of whatever amount I don't think they can overcome that quite so easily as some people think. The big question is - what would the impact on the playing side be ? A points deduction is only a consequence of admin , whereas the real purpose is to slash costs so that Sevco can continue trading.That is gonna hurt and really impact Sevco's ability to compete. I'm sure of it.

( aside - Newcastle are now the 5th richest , in income terms, club in their league. Chelsea onbly 9th and Liverpool 10th. Man U is once again the world's richest club in terms of income).

I don't know the terms of the contract with Ashley, but Rangers Retail already holds the licences to market the Rangers trade marks, name, badges etc. I suspect that it would be difficult for an administrator to break such a contract, given any post admin club would want to use those marks.

Assuming that Ashley has taken full control of Rangers Retail and that the licences may have long running and exclusive rights, then he has the club over a barrel, particularly by separating RR from the club at this time.

Here are the licences for the Rangers badge and the Ibrox name, held by Rangers Retail.

http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK0002291539A

http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK00002226627

Thanks FF

As someone suggested above, with Duncaster etc, any interpretation of the rules which would avoid Sevco from failing to reach the top flight next term, would be 'considered' positive for the game ( ie positive for their cash flow)

which is why I reiterate now, all the other clubs must be on our guard. He can't railroad this.

Quick summary of what's happening at Rangers and the implications, anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big hoose must stay open!!!!!

tartofmidlothian

Can someone please tell me if administrators can rip up the contracts of high earning players without consequence? I kind of thought that the 'lost' earnings would become football debt which the the post admin club would need to repay? I am really struggling to see why M.A. would want to take on a club - paying full whack to the spiv shareholders in the process - in order to try to get a promotion spot with a weakened team, a crap manager and a 25 point deduction !

As happened with us - any unpaid wages up to the date of admin are carried over in full as a football debt to be settled by a new owner. Anything after that's decided by an administrator, they can keep them on at full wage, keep them on at an agreed reduced wage or tear up their contract if they want.

As happened with us - any unpaid wages up to the date of admin are carried over in full as a football debt to be settled by a new owner. Anything after that's decided by an administrator, they can keep them on at full wage, keep them on at an agreed reduced wage or tear up their contract if they want.

Thanks for that

Imran was bound to win last time as well.

I think if he does not win this time he should sue the judge

Nelly Terraces

I'm an atheist, but even I'm praying for Imran. Good luck son!

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Footballfirst

Wee Imram's court hearing was due to start at 10am this morning.

Surely he must win this time?

May not have started at 10am. From the Court Rolls Lord Stewart was due to hear four cases today.

Jambof3tornado

I think if he does not win this time he should sue the judge

Given that the club have raised concerns themselves over finances its hard for a judge to deny the Ahmed may have a point.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic