The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Indeed, but when they go live to the match reporter on Soccer Saturday it will go along the lines of "So, Andy Walker, a goal at the Sports Direct Arena, but who for?" "A goal for Alloa, Geoff....."

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Indeed, but when they go live to the match reporter on Soccer Saturday it will go along the lines of "So, Andy Walker, a goal at the Sports Direct Arena, but who for?" "A goal for Alloa, Geoff....."

:D

It appears then that people who Green owed money to got good deals from Rangers if what I'm reading is correct.

Can we then work out who is likely to be behind the mysterious investors by asking who did Charles Green owe money to before he got involved in Rangers?

:laugh:

Hagar the Horrible

I Think Phil III is wrong on 2 fronts, 1 it did not come to light within the board room in the last 2 days because it was alluded to in the 120 review plus if they did spend considerable of money trying to get it reversed along with other contracts? then approval at board level would have been needed???? the other thing is Admin will tear all of these contracts up and anybody looking for money back on them will have to join a list of creditors? they will at least have voting right on acceptance of any CVA? The only things that will be challenged is what they have actually sold off to some other umbrella or sister company that wont be deemed to be in admin, but the new administrators such as BDO will unravel everything for every new bidder? but the last time the prefer bidder was in n place before they went into admin and that bidder was the once who forced liquidation, knowing a CVA was doomed to fail, yet no other bidder was allowed to put in a greater offer? it was stitched up then and it is in real danger of being done again, some spiv will again get the lot for peanuts and sell it again of to the same mugs for an over inflated price? But the fans would rather follow anybody making moonbeams on a white horse rather than do what we did?

I Think Phil III is wrong on 2 fronts, 1 it did not come to light within the board room in the last 2 days because it was alluded to in the 120 review plus if they did spend considerable of money trying to get it reversed along with other contracts? then approval at board level would have been needed???? the other thing is Admin will tear all of these contracts up and anybody looking for money back on them will have to join a list of creditors? they will at least have voting right on acceptance of any CVA? The only things that will be challenged is what they have actually sold off to some other umbrella or sister company that wont be deemed to be in admin, but the new administrators such as BDO will unravel everything for every new bidder? but the last time the prefer bidder was in n place before they went into admin and that bidder was the once who forced liquidation, knowing a CVA was doomed to fail, yet no other bidder was allowed to put in a greater offer? it was stitched up then and it is in real danger of being done again, some spiv will again get the lot for peanuts and sell it again of to the same mugs for an over inflated price? But the fans would rather follow anybody making moonbeams on a white horse rather than do what we did?

When you see it in black and white like that!

The fans really need to start pulling together for when the inevitable happens, get a bidding vehicle ready and stop bickering amongst themselves

When you see it in black and white like that!

The fans really need to start pulling together for when the inevitable happens, get a bidding vehicle ready and stop bickering amongst themselves

Shhhh!

I P Knightley

It's now the King Power Stadium.

Whoever they are.

That reminds me that I should buy some King Power on my way home. 3 bags for the price of 2.

Mike Ashley paid ?1.5M for his 3M shares. He got half of them at 99p and the other half at 1p, so they averaged out at 50p a share.

The info came from one of the documents leaked by CF. (apologies for the small type)

NtF5w8S.jpg

Imran Ahmad's put in ?22,000 and is now "suing" for ?620,000.

That's a cracking return on his investment.

I P Knightley

I Think Phil III is wrong on 2 fronts, 1 it did not come to light within the board room in the last 2 days because it was alluded to in the 120 review plus if they did spend considerable of money trying to get it reversed along with other contracts? then approval at board level would have been needed????

You're applying the standards of rather conventional corporate governance.

Jambof3tornado

Ashley to rename it Sports Direct stadium in exchange for funding their share issue?

Why would he fund the share issue when he can already rename the ground though?

Why would he fund the share issue when he can already rename the ground though?

To avoid a backlash like he had to deal with at Newcastle, which resulted in him changing it back to St James.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Honestly not sure why the Huns are worried about it being renamed Sports Direct, it's just about the most fitting sponsor possible... Unless there is a company called: 'Shan tracksuits and pish male jewelry.com', out there somewhere?

Honestly not sure why the Huns are worried about it being renamed Sports Direct, it's just about the most fitting sponsor possible... Unless there is a company called: 'Shan tracksuits and pish male jewelry.com', out there somewhere?

:lol:

Mike Ashley paid ?1.5M for his 3M shares. He got half of them at 99p and the other half at 1p, so they averaged out at 50p a share.

The info came from one of the documents leaked by CF. (apologies for the small type)

NtF5w8S.jpg

That reminds me that I should buy some King Power on my way home. 3 bags for the price of 2.

Imran Ahmad's put in ?22,000 and is now "suing" for ?620,000.

That's a cracking return on his investment.

Lets assume penny only shares = top spivs.

Only 4 spivs bought shares at only 1p.

At least the remainder paid a variety of amounts above 1p.

And Phil III has alluded over the last few days that 2 of them are on onerous / double contracts.

As a clue, he hasn't alluded to Hughes or Ahmed having one, although with Ahmed going to court for money, that would leave Hughes as not being under suspicion, yet.

Football only questions indeed.

Edited by DETTY29

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

Surely QuickQuid is more appropriate?

Footballfirst

Confirmation on the Ahmad case proceeding tomorrow from the Court of Session Rolls

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=e46ba7a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Friday 5 September 2014

Lord Stewart

Court 4 at 10.00 am

Procedural First Hearing

P726/14 Koween Abdi for Judicial Review

P: Drummond Miller; D: Office of the Advocate General

P708/14 Hazrat Gul for Judicial Review

P: unrepresented D: Office of the Advocate General

Continued Motions

P755/14 Sally Ann Cameron or Harper or Letley for suspension & interdict

Halliday Campbell; Balfour & Manson

CA131/13 Imran Ahmad v RFC

BBM Solicitors; DWF LLP

Could scupper everything if he wins.

Be interesting to see if they can actually find as much as ?620,000 to ring fence. :unsure:

Confirmation on the Ahmad case proceeding tomorrow from the Court of Session Rolls

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=e46ba7a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Friday 5 September 2014

Lord Stewart

Court 4 at 10.00 am

Procedural First Hearing

P726/14 Koween Abdi for Judicial Review

P: Drummond Miller; D: Office of the Advocate General

P708/14 Hazrat Gul for Judicial Review

P: unrepresented D: Office of the Advocate General

Continued Motions

P755/14 Sally Ann Cameron or Harper or Letley for suspension & interdict

Halliday Campbell; Balfour & Manson

CA131/13 Imran Ahmad v RFC

BBM Solicitors; DWF LLP

Out of interest, why would he win his case this time but not the 1st 2 times? What has changed?

To avoid a backlash like he had to deal with at Newcastle, which resulted in him changing it back to St James.

He didn't change it back though. Wonga bought the rights and changed the name back to St. James rather than 'Wonga Park'.

Out of interest, why would he win his case this time but not the 1st 2 times? What has changed?

The first 2 times the judge ruled that there was no reason to believe that Sevco were in imminent danger of insolvency, very different this time.

Money or lack of it. He wants in before the lock down.

Hackney Hearts

See post #62654

I P Knightley

He also tried to reposition the initial renaming as an exercise demonstrating the effectiveness & therefore the value of buying into naming rights.

And Phil III has alluded over the last few days that 2 of them are on onerous / double contracts.

I'd come to assume that "onerous" contracts were those like the naming rights; image rights (if Mac Gobble Gobble BcBaaah is anywhere near right); the retail outlet etc. none of which are on great terms and all of which are binding.

But you're right. If Ahmad has a contract to be paid ?500k (a claim which hasn't been disputed in previous visits to the men in tights and wigs), that's another few we can expect to hear about!

The second time (I think) the judge decided that there was no grounds for Ahmad to be getting his Ks in a T over non-payment because everything was going just swimmingly down at ?1brox and that he (Ahmad) shouldn't be worrying his pretty little head with tittle tattle from mischievous gossip coming out of over the internet, probably mainly from Catholics.

{There's a point in that paragraph where I've allowed an element of fiction to creep in. Any resemblance to characters either living or dead is entirely coincidental.}

Ashley's rarely been popular in Newcastle and this doesn't seem to have bothered him. Having said that, having both sides of the OF hating him for his involvement with Sevco (Celtic for being involved in the first place, Sevconians for being tied into the Spivvery) might make him think twice about the benefits of being involved.

As for longer term investment, Newcastle is 5x the size financially of even a Premier League and CL competing Sevo, and won't have the ability to grow much bigger than that. So why bother?

From a money-spinning exercise (stop laughing at the back) it's not as daft an idea as it seems. Everyone agrees that Champions League is where the money is, correct? Now, to get Newcastle to that particular trough he will likely have to spend several hundred million to get into the top 4 spaces in the Premiership - he will need to compete financially with MU, MC, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal et al.

Now, to get Rangers into the Champions League, all he has to do (traditionally) is beat Celtic over a season and then a few qualifying games - this will probably (?) cost < hundreds of millions.

Just a thought

Footballfirst

Money or lack of it. He wants in before the lock down.

Even if he wins it, I think there is a 60 day period before the money actually becomes ring fenced, i.e. if the club goes into administration before then, he would not be guaranteed to get any money he may subsequently be awarded.

I seem to recall that condition from similar actions by Martin Bain and HMRC (wee tax case) with the Oldco.

Murrayfield naming rights 20 million pounds. Ibrokes naming rights 1 pound. Maybe he borrowed the quid from Davie Murray, who still had his quid kicking about :toff:

BangkokHearts

It's now the King Power Stadium.

Whoever they are.

Allegedly corrupt Thai Duty Free business owned by LCFC owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha aka Vichai Raksriaksorn(who has alleged links to the 2006 and 2014 coup makers and their backers).

The reason folk still call LCFC stadium the Walkers stadium is because it was newly built at the time and it was the first name the stadium was given.

This is completely different. Nobody will refer to Ibrox as the Sports Direct Arena once Ashley's branding finishes. It will still be Ibrox.

I will, because it will annoy the shit out of the ORCS!

FTTFKAR

Even if he wins it, I think there is a 60 day period before the money actually becomes ring fenced, i.e. if the club goes into administration before then, he would not be guaranteed to get any money he may subsequently be awarded.

I seem to recall that condition from similar actions by Martin Bain and HMRC (wee tax case) with the Oldco.

Spend, spend, spend, before it kicks in would be my recommendation to the Spivs. Oh wait, they've done that already!!! post-25452-0-88577400-1409855160_thumb.jpg

Admin coming shortly....oh dear!

How the mighty fall....and an added bonus is that it's taken two years but it's finally dawned on the hooped demons that they're ****** without the other half of this nasty marriage!

Double ho ho!

Admin coming shortly....oh dear!

How the mighty fall....and an added bonus is that it's taken two years but it's finally dawned on the hooped demons that they're ****** without the other half of this nasty marriage!

Double ho ho!

And the SPFL must be having nightmares, Karma catching up with them despite all their dodgy efforts to speed the return of the "Odd Firm"

The reason folk still call LCFC stadium the Walkers stadium is because it was newly built at the time and it was the first name the stadium was given.

This is completely different. Nobody will refer to Ibrox as the Sports Direct Arena once Ashley's branding finishes. It will still be Ibrox.

Ibrox? wheres that?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

And the SPFL must be having nightmares, Karma catching up with them despite all their dodgy efforts to speed the return of the "Odd Firm"

Bonus.

Final outcome? Nothing would surprise me over this.....I have an uneasy feeling over this as its too good to be true plus the dicks that run our game have NO SHAME.

jamboinglasgow

its funny, its happened before where they gone into admin, but every time we think they are about to go belly up they seem to scrape out of it and carry on regardless.

Final outcome? Nothing would surprise me over this.....I have an uneasy feeling over this as its too good to be true plus the dicks that run our game have NO SHAME.

This is what I feel, Ashley will be shoehorned in by a slight of hand paper shuffle. He is according to Easdale having discussions about the 10% limit and hoe Ashley can bypass it. The bypass will be in the vague and adjustable rules written for just this sort of scenario.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This is what I feel, Ashley will be shoehorned in by a slight of hand paper shuffle. He is according to Easdale having discussions about the 10% limit and hoe Ashley can bypass it. The bypass will be in the vague and adjustable rules written for just this sort of scenario.

It will be done for our own good. Public disorder and riots in the streets otherwise. :(

I'd come to assume that "onerous" contracts were those like the naming rights; image rights (if Mac Gobble Gobble BcBaaah is anywhere near right); the retail outlet etc. none of which are on great terms and all of which are binding.

I had assumed that the onerous contracts may have been for the provision of services, for example, the security contract, facilities management etc. Green awards a lucrative contract to one of his backers, who then sub-contracts to a third party on proper commercial terms, and pockets the difference. Pure speculation mind.

Phil D. Corners

When will we find out if the share issue has succeeded or failed?

End of next week. The 9th I think?

I believe if this offer to existing share holders fails then a second open public offer could be set up.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic