The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I suspect that as soon as Sevco are far enough ahead of Dunfermline to guarantee the 1st Division, they will announce a pre-pack administration. They will be in and out of administration in a matter of days and free of debt.

Existing player contracts will be torn up and renegotiated.

Of course, the football club will no longer own any assets, but unless someone appears who can fund the current situation, this looks like their only option.

The risk is that they end up with a team that simply isn't good enough to win promotion next season.

They need 4 points to guarantee the 1st Division, so I suspect we will find out one way or the other next week.

Gregory House M.D.

That was my point Farin. If they owe anything to HMRC they'd be goosed. Cleared up now that they don't.

Where did this debt of ?16m come from by the way? You can't be telling me that after having ?20m in the bank from the shares that they have cleared the lot and a ?16m loan?

Jambo66, how far are Rangers in front and how many games left?

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Rumoured to be just ?350k p.a . Lol

No chance it's as low as that.

I haven't seen anything printed but somewhere suggested 4.2mill over 4 or 5 years. Hopefully 32Red have a cancelation clause!

Footballfirst

That was my point Farin. If they owe anything to HMRC they'd be goosed. Cleared up now that they don't.

Where did this debt of ?16m come from by the way? You can't be telling me that after having ?20m in the bank from the shares that they have cleared the lot and a ?16m loan?

The way that RIFC set up the IPO meant that all the money came into RIFC. Over the first 6 months they "loaned" the proceeds of the IPO to TRFC. The balance of the internal debt between TRFC and RIFC stood at ?16.1M at 30/06/13.

I don't know specifically why they loaned the money in this way, but I suspect that it was always an insurance policy for the RIFC investors to have first call on TRFC's assets (Ibrox and Murray Park) if everything went tits up.

However, I do know why RIFC was set up as it was. It was simply to allow the initial investors to claim Enterprise and Venture Capital tax allowances on their stakes in a start-up company.

It's down 40% since January. Not the sign of a booming company

Strategy - sponsor a big club in an impoverished area... generate profit from blind loyalty to club and prey on those with gambling habits.

Hagar the Horrible

Where did this leap come from? They had ?20m but due to losses that have spent it. they had ?3m left in December, they have borrowed ?1.5m and at a urn rate of ?1.2m per month its about to hit critical mass. They are a not in debt yet, but the money in the bank is running out and they have no credit facilities. Season ticket money will take them to about December then its back to square one.

Footballfirst

From the RIFC Accounts (at 30/06/13)

Amounts due from subsidiary undertakings - 16,163 (?000's)

Amounts due to RIFC from The Rangers Football Club Ltd represents the proceeds of the Initial Public Offering less costs incurred in the fundraising. The net funds from this activity have been made available to the subsidiary as working capital.

Hagar the Horrible

Just another point, could have a thread on its own, but I bet we play them as the new years game????

Biffa Bacon

The 120 days is a total farce, 4 months ago they determined that a nominal 120 days was necessary to review the situation and produce a report. So after 119 days there is a murky unclear picture and suddenly the mist clears on day 120? Or will everyone know that there is a severe cash flow problem, hence asking the players to take a 15% reduction.

The gers fans must button up the back.

And as for King, he wants to put in no cash, but still wants to dictate what's to happen. So who does put in the much needed cash? The "loyal" fans and see it disappear down the drain, or some other investors...... now let's think, would institutional investors want a reasonable return for their investment? Or just be happy to prop up an over staffed horrendously managed Company?

Dallas Green

From the RIFC Accounts (at 30/06/13)

Amounts due from subsidiary undertakings - 16,163 (?000's)

Amounts due to RIFC from The Rangers Football Club Ltd represents the proceeds of the Initial Public Offering less costs incurred in the fundraising. The net funds from this activity have been made available to the subsidiary as working capital.

Just to make this clear. Does that mean Rangers are in debt to RIFC to the tune of ?16 million?

Or was it just an amount raised by RIFC to give to rangers?

Gregory House M.D.

Ah, so the ?16m is part of the ?20m that was in the bank. For a minute there I thought they'd wellied near on ?40m bank cash in 2 years.

Footballfirst

Just to make this clear. Does that mean Rangers are in debt to RIFC to the tune of ?16 million?

Or was it just an amount raised by RIFC to give to rangers?

Yes and Yes again. It was always intended to fund the club (TRFC) from the proceeds of the IPO. What was not made clear at the time of the IPO was that the funds provided would be repayable by TRFC.

From the TRFC accounts published last week, there is an undertaking from RIFC that TRFC won't have to pay the money back in the immediate future (although it is ultimately repayable on demand). That was an issue that the auditors raised when they gave a going concern warning for TRFC.

It's basically that same undertaking that UBIG gave Hearts, and we all know how that turned out.

Edited by Footballfirst

Dallas Green

Yes and Yes again. It was always intended to fund the club (TRFC) from the proceeds of the IPO. What was not made clear at the time of the IPO was that the funds provided would be repayable by TRFC.

From the TRFC accounts published last week, there is an undertaking from RIFC that TRFC won't have to pay the money back in the immediate future (although it is ultimately repayable on demand). That was an issue that the auditors raised when they gave a going concern warning for TRFC.

It's basically that same undertaking that UBIG gave Hearts, and we all know how that turned out.

Cheers for that :)

The Comedian

This could get interesting, they can hardly have a stand off with the fans

Blame fans/King for death of club.

Get out of Dodge.

GettyImages_CA20617_Web-293x371.jpg

They are 31 points clear of Dunfermline who have 3 games left.

from bbc.. update on stv story

A coalition of supporters' groups is pressing ahead with plans to withhold season ticket money amid disagreement on Rangers' financial future.

The Union of Fans wants fans to pay into a trust fund instead set up by former director Dave King and former club captain Richard Gough.

It says the money will be released once the fans are given security of Ibrox Stadium and the club's training ground.

The UoF claims talks with the club's board have broken down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27027619

The People's Chimp

Not to get abuse from brain dead SevCo fans, anyway.

True. But it is a pretty adult forum and the perils of social media are well documented. I just pray that Jamie Hamill's son isn't on kickback.

Edited by The People's Chimp

True. But it is a pretty adult forum and the perils of social media are well documented.

They are. If you tweet, slagging someone off, you should expect stick back.

An 11 year old should not get abuse, though, from

I assume, adults, because his dad made a made a mistake in a football match. Neither should the dad, unless he has instigated it.

True. But it is a pretty adult forum and the perils of social media are well documented. I just pray that Jamie Hamill's son isn't on kickback.

:lol:

Can you imagine the tweets..poor laddie

The Rangers Union thing has said tonight that they're going ahead with their and King's plan to ringfence ST funds.

If it actually happens Sevco will have no choice but to go into administration.

It would be truly astonishing if the fans themselves are the ones to kill off their own club.

On a side but relevant note, I see that AFC Wimbledon are only one league below MK Dons...

Sorry, didn't see the previous posts. But here is an odd quote from the Rangers Fans Union;

"We do not consider that there is any prospect of this action forcing the club into administration. It would be a gross dereliction of directors? duties for this board to allow that to happen when substantial investment is on offer to them and when they can ensure they receive all season ticket money by securing Ibrox and Auchenhowie in favour of season ticket holder."

IMO fans v spivs = admin2

Gregory House M.D.

Shit's about to get real :jjyay:

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Sorry, didn't see the previous posts. But here is an odd quote from the Rangers Fans Union;

"We do not consider that there is any prospect of this action forcing the club into administration. It would be a gross dereliction of directors? duties for this board to allow that to happen when substantial investment is on offer to them and when they can ensure they receive all season ticket money by securing Ibrox and Auchenhowie in favour of season ticket holder."

Don't they mean the fans' investment via season ticket sales? In other words, the board will not let admin happen because the board will agree to the fans terms.

IMO fans v spivs = admin2

Footballfirst

Phil Mac being as cryptic as ever. Anything from a share sale/purchase to administration.

Phil MacGiollaBhain @Pmacgiollabhain ·

Those nice people at Daniel Stewart (RIFC?s NOMAD) have just notified the AIM of an impending announcement.

followed by:

I am hearing that today Super Ally's representatives approached Sevco for a "Do Walking Away" deal. However,they left empty handed...

Edited by Footballfirst

Its like a train crash in slow motion, we can all see it coming yet not one person appears to be shouting 'jump' from the fans or the media.

Instead every story on us is doom and gloom yet compared to them we look like Citeh.

I find it incredible how complacent everyone is on this.

They are totally f.........

Edited by Jamboelite

from bbc.. update on stv story

A coalition of supporters' groups is pressing ahead with plans to withhold season ticket money amid disagreement on Rangers' financial future.

The Union of Fans wants fans to pay into a trust fund instead set up by former director Dave King and former club captain Richard Gough.

It says the money will be released once the fans are given security of Ibrox Stadium and the club's training ground.

The UoF claims talks with the club's board have broken down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/27027619

OK, I think I see how this is panning out. King has no clout or influence whatsoever. He has no money - or if he does, just like everyone who's been at Ibrox for the last 25 years , he has no intention of putting his money at risk (assuming he could get it out of S Africa - which seems very improbable).But if he can set up this bank account and get the mugs to pay THEIR money into it then King suddenly does have clout and influence. The man's a genius.

Jambof3tornado

Wonder who their Administrators will be this time?

no wonder bdo are in a hurry to tie up our cva!!

tartofmidlothian

Phil Mac being as cryptic as ever. Anything from a share sale/purchase to administration.

Those nice people at Daniel Stewart (RIFC?s NOMAD) have just notified the AIM of an impending announcement.

followed by:

I am hearing that today Super Ally's representatives approached Sevco for a "Do Walking Away" deal. However,they left empty handed...

If that last statement's true and admin really is imminent, you can see why he'd be keen to agree a payoff soon.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Footballfirst

It could just be this statement that's been put out on the official site.

http://www.rangers.c...s-review-update

"THE Board of Rangers Football Club notes the concern of supporters around the timing of release of an update from the Club?s business review ahead of the renewal deadline for season tickets.

The Board confirms, in accordance with its previous announcements, that the business review will be completed as planned and an update will be issued to shareholders and supporters on 25th April, ahead of the season ticket renewal deadline as previously indicated."

Edited by Footballfirst

...a bit disco

"THE Board of Rangers Football Club notes the concern of supporters around the timing of release of an update from the Club?s business review ahead of the renewal deadline for season tickets.

The Board confirms, in accordance with its previous announcements, that the business review will be completed as planned and an update will be issued to shareholders and supporters on 25th April, ahead of the season ticket renewal deadline as previously indicated."

Basically saying "Look! King's talking shite again! "

Angry Haggis

And to think we (Hearts fans) are going through the ringer recently. To the majority of decent Rangers fans I do hope they get this mess sorted..at least have a stable club to support without getting bled dry at each turn. The fiscal governance of that organisation is mind boggling.

To the non decent Rangers fans...tuff titty chaps.

I fully expect the review to consist of gallons of spin and bullshit which the gullible bears will swallow, staving off administration.

Until they don't get promoted next year and the whole house of cards falls down.

I fully expect the review to consist of gallons of spin and bullshit which the gullible bears will swallow, staving off administration.

Until they don't get promoted next year and the whole house of cards falls down.

they are skint. They won't see next season in their present guise. Unless there us a large dollop of cash pumped in from somewhere an insolvency event of one sort or another seems inevitable

I dont think they will make it that far.

scott_jambo

Union of fandans wanting ra deeds to Mordor & Murray park in exchange for releasing S. Tkt monies.. Deary me, loyal blackmail. Ha ha.

Sounds reasonable. It's about time the fans where given a fair say in how things are run. Why should they throw their hard-earned down the drain for others to waste?

jamboinglasgow

Makes you wonder how many times Ibrox, Murray park and the Albion car park can be use as security at once.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic