The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Yep, although their proper title would now be "Newco minded", & they manage it our game will change for the better imo..

Just as long as it's not replaced by the Celtic minded instead. What we need are people who have the good of the game generally at heart and not the 2 headed factionalism that has blighted things here for decades.

Toxteth O'Grady

That groundswell of opinion that the SFA is useless has been there for years, nothing has changed and I'd be amazed if it does.

Campbell Ogillvie is made of Teflon, he was complicit in the Rangers cheating for years and is still in the top job in he SFA, he has even had a massive pay rise recently.

The last time I heard of him he had the cheek to say that some dafties setting off a flare was the biggest problem in the game.

RangersTaxCase has returned on twitter...

Are we close to Round 2 of major problems down Ibrokes way?

jamboinglasgow

The 120 day report is released & will be a reality check.

After all that has gone on, I predict the report to be a whitewash, that it doesn't really say the truth, give fans what they want to hear (we are looking to reduce off the field costs and increasing are revenues (see the new sponsor as an example)) which will allow us to spend big on players for the championship) all the while the club slowly sails towards the rocks and the captain has shouted to all aboard "look there's a mermaid."

Edited by jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Pre planning for a quick admin more like. Ha ha.

We dont want a quick admin, we want them in admin in August.

We dont want a quick admin, we want them in admin in August.

One single day in the close season will do.

It's not rangers tax anymore as far as I'm aware it's Murray holdings or something like that.

Oooh ... So he his !

@rangerstaxcase: @BartinYes Ring fencing ST cash now accelerates insolvency and makes liquidation more likely. I assume that is the desired effect.

They won't go for second admin. Might be whitewash but my guess is that Wallace will go for a 'facing up to reallity' option with recommendations for budget trimming. It's the only route that will buy them any credibility and Sally will just have to get on with it.

...a bit disco

@apocryphal5 could be worth following on Twitter over the next couple of days.

...a bit disco

Right enough - he's putting himself about a bit.

Picking up a lot of followers from the media too.

...a bit disco

Seen this tweet from him earlier.

6a6epeme.jpg

An ibroke insider breaking Aim rules ?.

Indeed.

Don't you think his/her twitter name @apocryphal5 could tell a story in itself?

Off on a slight tangent, but does anyone think that the 11-1 voting structure will be changed before Rangers get back into the top flight? I only ask cos I heard the other day that, when the SPL morphed into the SPFL, the chance to change the voting structure was not taken up.

I'm the first to admit I know very little about the whole situation re Rangers, but if the SPFL had passed up the chance to change the voting structure, surely 'the masses' would've kicked up more of a fuss?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Off on a slight tangent, but does anyone think that the 11-1 voting structure will be changed before Rangers get back into the top flight? I only ask cos I heard the other day that, when the SPL morphed into the SPFL, the chance to change the voting structure was not taken up.

I'm the first to admit I know very little about the whole situation re Rangers, but if the SPFL had passed up the chance to change the voting structure, surely 'the masses' would've kicked up more of a fuss?

I emailed Hearts to ask if this was something they were planning on doing when Rangers went in to admin. The reply I got was that they don't want it changed because they fear smaller clubs will make a grab for half our ticket money.

I emailed Hearts to ask if this was something they were planning on doing when Rangers went in to admin. The reply I got was that they don't want it changed because they fear smaller clubs will make a grab for half our ticket money.

Sounds like we are adopting exactly the sort of Old Firm attitude that we've been trying to rid the game of.

I'd suggest there are more reasons TO change it than there are to keep it. Hopefully AB/FOH will have a different attitude towards changing the structure, otherwise when Rangers return to the top flight surely 'normal' service will resume with regards to the running of our game?

So after all the tooling and frowing, we've got a chance to improve the way the game is run....and we fail to take that chance??? Bit of an anti climax then naw?

It could be changed to 9-3 for such motions. 75%, which is quite common for certain motions in business.

itsnomarooned

I've no doubt this has been covered but it's easier to ask.

If Rangers enter AND exit administration during the close season will a points penalty apply? Leaving aside any question of 1st or 2nd admin.

Footballfirst

If Rangers enter AND exit administration during the close season will a points penalty apply? Leaving aside any question of 1st or 2nd admin.

Yes - it would apply next season.

It's only if your in administration at the start of the season but they would be subject to a registration ban from the SPFL and the SFA, the SFA ban would more than likely be an 8 month ban which covers 2 transfer windows, the SPFL ban wouldn't matter because under SPFL rules you are free to sign players as soon as you come out of administration.

Pretty sure it's liquidated teams that reform that get punted to league 2.

It's only if your in administration at the start of the season but they would be subject to a registration ban from the SPFL and the SFA, the SFA ban would more than likely be an 8 month ban which covers 2 transfer windows, the SPFL ban wouldn't matter because under SPFL rules you are free to sign players as soon as you come out of administration.

Pretty sure it's liquidated teams that reform that get punted to league 2.

It would apply.

It would apply.

Not sure if it would, sure it's only if you are in administration anytime during the playing season and not in between.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not sure if it would, sure it's only if you are in administration anytime during the playing season and not in between.

It would apply, unless special treatment from the "beaks" happens again.

al_hearts65

If you go into admin during the close season the penalty applies to the next season. There is no get out clause for admin being concluded before the new season starts. Once in admin you have the close season to exit before a further penalty applies. Signing ban would also apply till admin ends

jamboinglasgow

it would be a pointless deterrent then if it doesn't apply if they can get in and out in the close season.

http://www.scotsman....rce=twitterfeed

Super Sleeket prepares the masses not to expect to much as the pot has now run dry & Austerity is the name of the game down in govan now.

That article is utter bullshyte. Apparently Ally has been investing his time in drawing up a list of potential transfer targets but he isn't going to get any of them because he doesn't know what the fabled report says about his ability to spend in the transfer market. I wish the SMSM would stop printing this guff about Sevco.

Insolvency

E1 Subject to Rule E5, where a Club suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event that Club shall be deducted 15 points in the League.

E2 Where an Insolvency Event occurs during a Season, the 15 points deduction shall be applied immediately to take effect in the current Season.

E3 Where an Insolvency Event occurs during the Close Season the 15 points deduction shall apply in respect of the immediately following Season, such that the relevant Club starts that immediately following Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E4 Where an Insolvency Event or in the event that such Insolvency Event is part of an Insolvency Process that process, continues and/or is subsisting during a second or later Season then, for each such second or later Season, during the whole or part of which such Insolvency Event or Insolvency Process is continuing and/or subsisting, the Club concerned shall be deducted 15 points and shall start each such second or later Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E5 Where a Club, whether owned and operated by the same or a different Member, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event which results in a deduction of points in terms of these Rules and within 5 years of the date of such Insolvency Event suffers or is subject to a further Insolvency Event which is not part of the same Insolvency Process as the Insolvency Event then suffered, the points deduction applicable in terms of Rules E1 in respect of that second or further Insolvency Event, shall be 25 points with the 15 points in Rules E2 and E3 being 25 Points.

I stand corrected a 15 point penalty would apply or in their case a 25 point deduction for going into administration again within a 5 year period.

Insolvency

E1 Subject to Rule E5, where a Club suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event that Club shall be deducted 15 points in the League.

E2 Where an Insolvency Event occurs during a Season, the 15 points deduction shall be applied immediately to take effect in the current Season.

E3 Where an Insolvency Event occurs during the Close Season the 15 points deduction shall apply in respect of the immediately following Season, such that the relevant Club starts that immediately following Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E4 Where an Insolvency Event or in the event that such Insolvency Event is part of an Insolvency Process that process, continues and/or is subsisting during a second or later Season then, for each such second or later Season, during the whole or part of which such Insolvency Event or Insolvency Process is continuing and/or subsisting, the Club concerned shall be deducted 15 points and shall start each such second or later Season in the relevant Division on minus 15 points.

E5 Where a Club, whether owned and operated by the same or a different Member, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event which results in a deduction of points in terms of these Rules and within 5 years of the date of such Insolvency Event suffers or is subject to a further Insolvency Event which is not part of the same Insolvency Process as the Insolvency Event then suffered, the points deduction applicable in terms of Rules E1 in respect of that second or further Insolvency Event, shall be 25 points with the 15 points in Rules E2 and E3 being 25 Points.

Just read it before you posted it, cheers.

I stand corrected a 15 point penalty would apply or in their case a 25 point deduction for going into administration again within a 5 year period.

They will then argue that they're not the same club. That's where it could get interesting....

They will then argue that they're not the same club. That's where it could get interesting....

They can't it's in the rules.

upgotheheads

Insolvency

Rangers being a new company will mean that they are suffering a first insolvency event with a 15 point penalty rather than 25 for a second event. Can we expect them to claim that they are in fact a Newco and the old Rangers are deid?

Edited by upgotheheads

Rangers being a new company will mean that they are suffering a first insolvency event with a 15 point penalty rather than 25 for a second event. Can we expect them to claim that they are in fact a Newco and the old Rangers are deid?

Doesn't matter, the last paragraph of the post you quoted explains that.

They are the same club, makes no difference that they are run by a different company.

25 points.

Whoa ... there's a compliment ...

@BMCRangersRants: Has to be said @apocryphal5 has some interesting things to say.

itsnomarooned

Doesn't matter, the last paragraph of the post you quoted explains that.

They are the same club, makes no difference that they are run by a different company.

25 points.

Indeed but watch the beaks wriggle and squirm as they try their hardest to soften any punishment as much as possible.

Rick Grimes

Sounds like we are adopting exactly the sort of Old Firm attitude that we've been trying to rid the game of.

Yep, I got the same response when I asked too. I replied with my dissatisfaction at that answer but got nowt back.

jamboinglasgow

Whoa ... there's a compliment ...

@BMCRangersRants: Has to be said @apocryphal5 has some interesting things to say.

interestingly he said that Paul Teilfer would become PR man and the daily Record has a report on it today.

jamboinglasgow

:lol:

And you thought I was joking about Allys ?30 million warchest and Dave Kings MASSIVE investment as well!

To be fair, there is a lot of sensible things in the statement, but the paragraph saying they expect to be told how the board will raise between ?30m and ?50m is nuts.

...a bit disco

To be fair, there is a lot of sensible things in the statement, but the paragraph saying they expect to be told how the board will raise between ?30m and ?50m is nuts.

They're still after Ibrox in exchange for their season ticket money though.

Bonkers. The lot of them.

Edited by ...a bit disco

jamboinglasgow

They're still after Ibrox in exchange for their season ticket money though.

Bonkers. The lot of them.

From a fans view it makes sense that for their money they get security of Ibrox and Murray Park so it cant be sold, but at the same time do they get it for one season or indefinitely? That is not made clear, and is it owned by this trust? If so could certain figures *cough* Dave King *cough* be able to use it to take control of the assets. And what conditions are attached to the security?

...a bit disco

you cannot use assets as security if said assets are subject to a claim against them.

seen the back page of the record??

Killie in spfl forgery probe. killie could be deducted points if proven

Side letters? What side letters?

Edited by ...a bit disco

jamboinglasgow

you cannot use assets as security if said assets are subject to a claim against them.

seen the back page of the record??

Killie in spfl forgery probe. killie could be deducted points if proven

there is already another thread about this.

Footballfirst

The spin on the 120 127 day review has started

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/27142340

Rangers' finances are 'fragile' warns shareholder Sandy Easdale

One of Rangers' major shareholders has told BBC Scotland that the financial situation at Ibrox is "fragile".

Rangers' recent accounts were signed off for the next 12 months on the basis of an uplift in season ticket sales, but Sandy Easdale said indications were that sales were "slow".

Ahead of the publication of the Board's business review he urged "loyal" fans to show their support to the club.

Easdale also warned that Rangers would not survive a second administration.

The major shareholder, speaking exclusively to BBC Scotland, admitted that the situation was "fragile".

[.........rest of article can be read in the link. Please don't post whole articles here.]

• Maple Leaf locked this topic