The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Footballfirst

What is the justification for the estimated worth of Ibrox and MP?

The accountants tend to use a method called "Depreciated Replacement Cost" when valuing stadia.

I believe that it equates to the cost of replacing an existing stadium with its modern equivalent, together with up to date facilities replacing out of date ones.

i.e. it would cost around ?65M to replace Ibrox, from scratch, with a modern equivalent 50,000 capacity stadium, with up to date facilities, e.g hospitality, electronic screens, disabled access etc.

Edited by Footballfirst

tartofmidlothian

The accountants tend to use a method called "Depreciated Replacement Cost" when valuing stadia.

I believe that it equates to the cost of replacing an existing stadium with its modern equivalent, together with up to date facilities replacing out of date ones.

i.e. it would cost around ?65M to replace Ibrox, from scratch, with a modern equivalent 50,000 capacity stadium, with up to date facilities, e.g hospitality, electronic screens, disabled access etc.

:cornette:

So on our accounts, Tynecastle could be worth the cost of rebuilding a new stadium from scratch?

Ibrahim Tall

?65m is a bit overly optimistic. How much did the Emirates cost, ?390m?

Footballfirst

So on our accounts, Tynecastle could be worth the cost of rebuilding a new stadium from scratch?

The value of Tynecastle, (using DRC) in our last published accounts (2012) was ?13.75M.

Footballfirst

Do they actually own Murray Park or do they lease it?

They own it (although challenged by Whyte/Earley, which I don't think will come to anything)

...a bit disco

Correct. Whyte wants a pay off not a court case imo.

On another theme, cammy bell is out of sats game.

Does he think the anticipated rogering from United will look bad on his cv or something?

Gigolo-Aunt

Does he think the anticipated rogering from United will look bad on his cv or something?

Simonsen is an able enough replacement - would be more worried about some of the back four in front of him.

...a bit disco

Simonsen is an able enough replacement - would be more worried about some of the back four in front of him.

Indeed.

I know a couple of Gers fans who rate him better than Bell.

...a bit disco

uge7u5er.jpg

I'm hopeful of more scenes like this on sat, with or without him.

Wait 'til next year. Potential Hearts Rangers final.

tartofmidlothian

The value of Tynecastle, (using DRC) in our last published accounts (2012) was ?13.75M.

Well that's an overestimate for a start.

What I mean is, can you just bump up the value of a theoretical future replacement stadium bill as much as you want then claim it as an asset? Bit sneaky. Not that I'm suggesting Rangers have done this.

...a bit disco

Sevco might not be around next year.

:biggrin:

Hearts Hibs then?

I reckon Sally will lose it big time tomorrow, if, as we all hope, Utd are giving TRFC a proper pummelling. Utd 2-0 up, a dodgy decision against TRFC and Sally goes mental.

Accounts are in!!

13 months to 30 June 2013 (Turnover - ?17 696 000)

13 months to 30 June 2013 (Operating expenditure - ?35 304 000)

Ipox and Murray Park combined value of ?79.2 million!!!

This is brilliant if i understand it correctly :-

Loss for the period ?18.127.000

Gains of property re-valuation ?33.988.000

Total recognised gains and losses ?15.861.000

Are they claiming a gain of ?15m?

Are these accounts signed off and audited?

Hagar the Horrible

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/mccoist-laments-cup-defeat-as-rangers-reveal-loss-1-3372765?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Those pesky losses & that big debt hanging over them not to mention spending 99% of your income on wages.. Spin it how you will, but it's shocking mismanagement of cash flow in anyone's books..

Playing staff salaries are at ?7m about 50% of turnover, ?10m goes on non playing staff, I bet only ?2.5m is to actual staff, the remaining monies goes to management ?1.5m and spivs every last penny, so a very select few spivs take about 40% of income there or there abouts. Rangers fans should be hoping our new model once its off the ground works and follow the same principle, with the added exception that expectations have to be realistic.....that is where the real challenge lies.

Listened to radio Clyde last night. Andy Cameron being paid ?1500 pw to entertain pre match & the kit man earns more per annum than 6 spfl managers do !!!. Now that's crazy by any ones standard.

22 million ipo money frittered away on the journey. Austerity sevco style.

:facepalm:

I woulnd't even pay him a tenner a week.

Edited by Simon Says

Hagar the Horrible

Listened to radio Clyde last night. Playing staff wages are 7.8 million.. Andy Cameron being paid ?1500 pw to entertain pre match & the kit man earns more per annum than 6 spfl managers do !!!. Now that's crazy by any ones standard.

22 million ipo money frittered away on the journey. Austerity sevco style.

That's the thing even Bears don't get, there is ?10m salary going out on Non playing staff, that's 400 people on ?25k per year on average????

Footballfirst

For their debut season in Division 3, they claimed 38,000 ST sales had raised ?8M.

For this season they kept prices on hold and claimed 36,000 ST sales. That would raise around ?7.6M.

For next season they have increased prices by 15%-25% (average 18%). If they somehow retain the 36,000 STs, then that should raise around ?8.9M.

The ?1.5M in loans that they took out to see them through this season are due to be repaid in July and September. That would leave them with ?7.4M, i.e. less revenue than they have had in either of the last two seasons.

The cash burn rate from the last interim accounts was ?1.2M per month and there have been no significant changes since the period end date of 31/12/13..

The bottom line is that they haven't a hope in hell of lasting another six months without a massive cash injection, mass redundancies, extraordinary transfer revenue, loans repaid by non-cash means, or a combination of these activities. Until they face up to the fundamental issue that for every fiver they earn, they will spend a tenner, then this will be a recurring theme.

Graham Wallace's 120 day review is up within the next week. Unless it addresses the points in the paragraph above they will go bust.

doctor jambo

The top director took just under a million

Pay offs off just shy of 7 figures

Manager just shy of a million

Absolute insanity

Allowayjambo1874

It's HMRC's fault, it's other clubs fault, it's Glasgow City Council's fault, it's SFA's fault, it's SPL's fault, it's politicians fault, it was Lloyds bank.

It's the KAFFLIKS I tell ya!!

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

That's the thing even Bears don't get, there is ?10m salary going out on Non playing staff, that's 400 people on ?25k per year on average????

When Rangers (OldCo) went into administration, it was highlighted that they employed more PR staff than they did football coaches.

I'm guessing that's not changed. :blink:

When Rangers (OldCo) went into administration, it was highlighted that they employed more PR staff than they did football coaches.

Easy job in the world that would be

WATP, FTP and up the walls would need to be said on several occasions boom your jobs done.

Easy job in the world that would be

WATP, FTP and up the walls would need to be said on several occasions boom your jobs done.

Hardly..! :blink:

For example;

Someone will also be responsible for making sure the lamb is succulent..! :whistling:

Hardly..! :blink:

For example;

Someone will also be responsible for making sure the lamb is succulent..! :whistling:

The lamb succulisor. Love it :)

Hagar the Horrible

The lamb succulisor. Love it :)

Classified Adds: Wanted Succulisor, Circa ?1.5m per annum. Are you one of Ra Peepil, Can you cook lamb to perfection if so Then an opportunity has arisen in a branded Glasgow institution. Must be zipped up the back, metacarpal phalangeal joints scraping against the pavement is advantageous. Apply within but you must supply your own brown brogues and blue cardigan.

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

i wish jj was my dad

Probably worth the money though. What other third tier club in the world gets so much positive spin?

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two on here are on the payroll.

Rick Grimes

He continued: "It is common cause that the club is not a going concern without access to the season ticket loan from the fans.

No shit, Sherlock. There's not many football clubs who aren't in that boat. As for calling it a loan.... :lol:

You've got to wonder how many fans will see through his bluster and realise that he's basically trying to force the club into administration/liquidation again. How many will see that as acceptable to have another sugar daddy?

Footballfirst

http://m.stv.tv/spor...120-day-review/

The lying king spits the dummy out & calls for a S. Ticket boycott. Things are going to get very very interesting again down govan way. Hold back S.t monies & risk forcing administration through insolvency . Magic...

Better get some popcorn in.

This could get very messy. (particularly if they lose tomorrow)

I haven't followed this thread much at all so I could be talking **** or just saying what has been said over and over.

If Rangers keep going the way they are going then they are doomed. Even the current board have said that without fresh investment they are not going to last.

King is the only one left who can save them but the question remains. In what way does he intend to save them?

Does it matter if he forces them to go bust again and buys them for nothing? They have been liquidated and reborn already so twice means nothing to a businessman like him.

I can't see him just ploughing 20 million in. He is going to want ownership and I doubt he is willing to fork out the extra to buy into the club letting the current board leave with bagfulls of cash.

Edited by Bauld

tartofmidlothian

This could get very messy. (particularly when they lose tomorrow)

FTFY.

This could get very messy. (particularly if they lose tomorrow)

As long as that mess drags on to the close season!

Footballfirst

Didn't take Rangers long to respond.

http://www.rangers.c...-club-statement

"The Board of Rangers Football Club notes with astonishment the statement issued this afternoon by Dave King.

In his statement Mr King makes a number of untrue allegations against the Chairman and the Board of Rangers Football Club alleging bad faith and false representation. The Chairman and the Board refute all such allegations in the strongest terms and have referred Mr King?s statement to the Club?s legal advisors.

Mr King clearly has elected to ignore the Board?s previous public statement following the Board?s meeting with him. In this statement, which was reviewed with him prior to issue, the Board stated that it will issue the results of the business review prior to the season ticket renewal window ending. This position remains unchanged and Mr King is well aware of this having sought personal confirmation on this matter from the Chairman as recently as yesterday. The business review period has not yet even ended, as Mr King is well aware, however he has elected to make yet another public statement to serve his own purposes.

When the Board met Mr King a few weeks ago, he made it clear that he did not want to put another penny into the Club and would prefer to see the Club using other investors' money. The Board was therefore surprised, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when, a few days later, Mr King made media comments about a willingness to invest his money into the Club. This is an easy statement to make to the media but is contrary to what he told the whole Board.

It is extremely disappointing that Mr King should consider it appropriate to issue this latest statement, clearly designed to unsettle and mislead Rangers fans, on the eve of an important Scottish Cup semi-final match. For someone who claims to have the interests of Rangers at heart and as an ex-director, King's untrue comments are nothing short of disgraceful."

Edited by Footballfirst

The King statement is so stupid as to make him utterly irrelevant.

The Sevco statement is perfectly reasonable.

End of discussion.

Classified Adds: Wanted Succulisor, Circa ?1.5m per annum. Are you one of Ra Peepil, Can you cook lamb to perfection if so Then an opportunity has arisen in a branded Glasgow institution. Must be zipped up the back, metacarpal phalangeal joints scraping against the pavement is advantageous. Apply within but you must supply your own brown brogues and blue cardigan.

Excellent funny post...HaHa

King must be a celtic fan coming out with stuff like that. Rightly or wrong Rangers are struggling and need ST money. His big idea is for folk not to buy season tickets. Bizarre

I think that this latest spat almost ensures that their season ticket sales will not go well. What next I wonder.

Cardiac Rucksack

King wants rangers on the cheap. Delay the season ticket money and the club will die. He will ride in and get it for a song.

Rangers are clearly in meltdown

I hope United do well tomorrow, maybe 3-1. Their young lads, like the Hearts boys have grown this season, with their advantage of having more seasoned players to play with.

It must be hell to be a Ger just now.............

I need a Dundee Utd win tomorrow. Part of my coupon that pays out 10k if results go my way tomorrow

That and while I didn't care what happened at Rangers in the past I now just want to see them getting humped weekly.

King wants rangers on the cheap. Delay the season ticket money and the club will die. He will ride in and get it for a song.

A very dangerous game to play.

If it all falls through...

colinmaroon

The King statement is so stupid as to make him utterly irrelevant.

The Sevco statement is perfectly reasonable.

End of discussion.

IMO King wants Rangers in Administration this season. Points deduction won't effect their promotion. He rides in a picks them up for a knock-down price - or whatever - as sole owner.

If he gets them out before the start of next season, no points deduction and debt gone - got rid of Fat Sally and his huge wages and many of the players without having to pay off contracts etc.

IMO King wants Rangers in Administration this season. Points deduction won't effect their promotion. He rides in a picks them up for a knock-down price - or whatever - as sole owner.

If he gets them out before the start of next season, no points deduction and debt gone - got rid of Fat Sally and his huge wages and many of the players without having to pay off contracts etc.

This sounds spot on to me.

You can usually get a general feeling of what state your club is in by the clubs social media. The folk on FF are so worried, i can't help but feel sorry for the real supporters. Even five year ago i wouldn't have belieived of the underhand dealings by the scumbags

• Maple Leaf locked this topic