The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

i wish jj was my dad

A couple of quotes from today's McCoist interview in the Scotsman. What a fat idiot:

?I?ll be honest with you, I?ve looked at the interim accounts but I?ve not had a lot of time to digest them. I have been concentrating on the football and will continue to do so. We now have a board and a chief executive more than capable of handling the other side of things.?

?Where the investment comes from, we will have to wait and see. In the meantime it?s good everybody agrees investment is needed. We lost millions when we lost the players we did after administration two years ago. To get back to the standard of where we were, investment is needed."

Interpretation; I'm too thick to understand numbers and Sevco cannot exist without a sugar daddy.

I took a similar view from reading it. He forgot to mention that he was a crap coach and needs the second biggest budget in the country to allow him to get out of the third tier.

maroonlegions

FFS - McCoist harping back to the players that walked when they went bust and losing money as a result.

What a cretin the guy is.

As an aside - on non payment of wages. How does anyone ever know?

Couldn't sevco gag the players? Would anyone go running to the SPFL? How would they know if players wages weren't paid?

True but the moment we default or there is a sniff of it they will hammer us again.Turning a blind eye, nudge, nudge, wink ,wink, to sevco and any possible non payment of wages??

Gigolo-Aunt

True but the moment we default or there is a sniff of it they will hammer us again.Turning a blind eye, nudge, nudge, wink ,wink, to sevco and any possible non payment of wages??

Jesus Christ.

Seymour M Hersh

People concerning themselves with Rangers today. :facepalm:

Possibly the most pant-wetting post of all time.

BRAVEHEART1874

Sorry all I ever heard from the old Huns was moaning about hearts non wages so let's see what happens when there wee loan runs out or season tickets next year run out god even the Hun sympathisers on here have to call for a transfer embargo ;)

...a bit disco

http://www.vanguardb...-committee.html

The hordes fan groups just love issuing statements these days. The V.b's make some valid points with this 1 though. Dingwalls call to boycott S.tkts is suicide.

'VB once again will urge all of its members and beyond to ignore the rants of this troublemaker and self-promoter and to get fully behind the club in its time of need. Dingwall along with Chris Graham and other self-appointed and opinionated 'fans' speak only for a handful of rabble rousers and charlatans, we are sure the decent and vast majority of the Rangers support will see through their desperation to disrupt and destabilise our club and renew their season tickets when the time comes.

This group of Charlatans will NEVER speak for the vast majority of our support, make no mistake about this.'

Whoops!

(Un)civil war has broken out!

:D

If Rangers never paid players at any stage, it would have made the papers. It would have been one of the biggest stories of the year for an industry that is ailing.

??

I didn't say all year.

I meant this coming month.

FFS - McCoist harping back to the players that walked when they went bust and losing money as a result.

What a cretin the guy is.

As an aside - on non payment of wages. How does anyone ever know?

Couldn't sevco gag the players? Would anyone go running to the SPFL? How would they know if players wages weren't paid?

Because the SPFL have the authority to look at bank details etc to see if and when wages were paid, do you honestly think that them not paying wages would be kept quite for long?

Edited by rudi

scott_jambo

They should've been financially prudent like us. :cornette:

Edited by scott_jambo

Your having a laugh rudi eh? Aye the SFA definitely have the authority to sit and trawl through players personal bank accounts.

Wonder what Gary Jos..O'Connors' dealer comes up as on his statements.

As much as I love to laugh at rudi's normally fantastical shite posting, I'm pretty sure he'll mean the club accounts rather than the players.

Old Rangers went a long time not paying HMRC before admin yet the football authorities seemed none the wiser

Old Rangers went a long time not paying HMRC before admin yet the football authorities seemed none the wiser

Traynor and Young both claimed they knew as far back as October 2011 and Charlotte Fakes claimed that Whyte was meeting Regan in October 2011 that administration was a possibility.

Not the most reliable informants, but don't be surprised.

That's not to say us or Dunfermline weren't talking to the SFA too.

I'm sure I saw a bunch of stuff on Twitter yesterday about Ahmad getting access to examine some Rangers accounts following their results.

I'm sure I saw a bunch of stuff on Twitter yesterday about Ahmad getting access to examine some Rangers accounts following their results.

Rangers insist they will continue to fight a bid by former commercial director Imran Ahmad, who is suing the League One champions for a ?500,000 bonus he claims he is due, to have two secret contracts handed over to him - because they fear the deals might be leaked online.

Full story: The Scotsman

...a bit disco

Never in a million years!

'Ally McCoist insists Rangers captain Lee McCulloch is "not a dirty player" following comments by Celtic's Beram Kayal about a tackle in a 2011 match.

Kayal was injured after a McCulloch challenge in a game at Celtic Park.

And Kayal was quoted in an Israeli newspaper as saying: "That player is not the cleanest in the world."

But manager McCoist responded: "I can't even remember the tackle or the incident. I defend my player and my skipper against comments like that."

Kayal, who has been with Celtic since 2010, spent several months on the sidelines following the injury picked up in the December 2011 Glasgow derby.

But McCoist insists the physicality of Rangers-Celtic meetings in the distant past far outweighed more recent encounters.

"With the greatest respect to Kayal, I would have the Old Firm games down as quite tame in comparison to some of the previous Old Firm games," said the manager.

"I am not sure he would have enjoyed playing with Bertie Auld and John Greig in some of those Old Firm games. That would maybe have been a wee eye-opener for him.

"But as I say, I would need to defend my player. He is not a dirty player at all and we are delighted with the skipper, the way he handles himself on and off the park." '

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26854774

Never in a million years!

'Ally McCoist insists Rangers captain Lee McCulloch is "not a dirty player" following comments by Celtic's Beram Kayal about a tackle in a 2011 match.

Kayal was injured after a McCulloch challenge in a game at Celtic Park.

And Kayal was quoted in an Israeli newspaper as saying: "That player is not the cleanest in the world."

But manager McCoist responded: "I can't even remember the tackle or the incident. I defend my player and my skipper against comments like that."

Kayal, who has been with Celtic since 2010, spent several months on the sidelines following the injury picked up in the December 2011 Glasgow derby.

But McCoist insists the physicality of Rangers-Celtic meetings in the distant past far outweighed more recent encounters.

"With the greatest respect to Kayal, I would have the Old Firm games down as quite tame in comparison to some of the previous Old Firm games," said the manager.

"I am not sure he would have enjoyed playing with Bertie Auld and John Greig in some of those Old Firm games. That would maybe have been a wee eye-opener for him.

"But as I say, I would need to defend my player. He is not a dirty player at all and we are delighted with the skipper, the way he handles himself on and off the park." '

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26854774

Ye gods, every time Fat Salary opens his gob he comes out with more nonsensical stuff. John Greig and Bertie Auld played 30 years ago when the game was completely and utterly different to how it is nowadays. Neither Greig or Auld would last 10 minutes nowadays, and that would apply to many, many players who I watched when I was a young lad. 'Elbows' is one of the snideyest, dirtiest players I've seen in the last 10 years

From rangersmedia.co.uk by a nobody saying his mate told him something ? It must be true !

e4e8ebar.jpg

Cretins..

Cretins says it all, half a brain cell would be giving them too much credit. He seems to forget the fact they WERE liquidated, whereas it's still just a worst case outcome for us.

e4e8ebar.jpg

Cretins..

And his source knows how the individual creditors will vote oh really!!

Cretins says it all, half a brain cell would be giving them too much credit. He seems to forget the fact they WERE liquidated, whereas it's still just a worst case outcome for us.

Aye but his pal doon the pub said its definitely happening gajy!!!

Tommy Brown

"We told you all this day was coming"

Implying that if HMFC get liquidated, it was because Rangers were no longer in the top league. the mind of a clueless fud.

Footballfirst

Murray International Holdings annual accounts have just been published. Another loss of ?144M posted. :toilet:

David Murray admits that the activities of MIH Group coming to a close. Auditors issue an "Emphasis of matter", re. a going concern warning.

Now given that TRFC fans raised the issue of State Aid with regard to Celtic's alleged lower than value property purchases (including Lennoxtown), I wonder if Celtic fans will respond with a similar request for an investigation into how much taxpayers money has gone into MIH and its subsidiary RFC (RIP).

.... and Murray got a knighthood for his services to industry. :down:

Central Belt 1874

FootballFirst,

Is this the end of David Murray's business empire or does he have other businesses that are performing well?

i wish jj was my dad

Murray International Holdings annual accounts have just been published. Another loss of ?144M posted. :toilet:

David Murray admits that the activities of MIH Group coming to a close. Auditors issue an "Emphasis of matter", re. a going concern warning.

Now given that TRFC fans raised the issue of State Aid with regard to Celtic's alleged lower than value property purchases (including Lennoxtown), I wonder if Celtic fans will respond with a similar request for an investigation into how much taxpayers money has gone into MIH and its subsidiary RFC (RIP).

.... and Murray got a knighthood for his services to industry. :down:

I would love to see this odious individual selling the big issue for a living but I doubt he will ever have to worry where his next succulent lamb comes from.

Footballfirst

FootballFirst,

Is this the end of David Murray's business empire or does he have other businesses that are performing well?

MIH was his "group" of Metals and Property companies. It has received a couple of large debt for equity swaps from Lloyds in recent years (certainly one of ?150M), so much so that Murray's share of the business is now a minority holding, although Lloyds appear not to have directly controlled the company through voting shares.

That group of companies is certainly going down the pan, but I'm pretty sure that Murray has actively transferred a number of his business interests and assets to a range of offshore investments, including vineyards, EBTs etc.

His personal wealth however has plummeted. In 2007 he was rated Scotland 5th richest person with ?720M. Within 4 years he wasn't even listed in the top 100 (<?40M).

I expect that he will continue to live a comfortable life, but I believe he will ultimately be labelled as a "loser" by those who encountered him in the past, apart from Chick Young and his sycophant mates in the SMSM, of course.

Edited by Footballfirst

"in Hearts case the club and holding company are combined"

no doubt if we end up in liquidation then the headbangers from the west will insist that we should be treated to a harsher standard than Rangers and not be allowed to keep history etc.

Central Belt 1874

MIH was his "group" of Metals and Property companies. It has received a couple of large debt for equity swaps from Lloyds in recent years (certainly one of ?150M), so much so that Murray's share of the business is now a minority holding, although Lloyds appear not to have directly controlled the company through voting shares.

That group of companies is certainly going down the pan, but I'm pretty sure that Murray has actively transferred a number of his business interests and assets to a range of offshore investments, including vineyards, EBTs etc.

His personal wealth however has plummeted. In 2007 he was rated Scotland 5th richest person with ?720M. Within 4 years he wasn't even listed in the top 100 (<?40M).

I expect that he will continue to live a comfortable life, but I believe he will ultimately be labelled as a "loser" by those who encountered him in the past, apart from Chick Young and his sycophant mates in the SMSM, of course.

Cheers for the reply FF. He appears to have built his wealth on the back of the banking boom and as such lost it all when they went down as well.

I thought he might have invested elsewhere around 07/08/09 when it was clear this "global financial crisis" was more than just a 5 year blip.

It was not that long ago he was trying to unlock land at the west of Edinburgh for a business venture of his that was touted as a possible new home for us and Edinburgh Rugby along with houses.

Hopefully he is out the picture for good.

Footballfirst

Cheers for the reply FF. He appears to have built his wealth on the back of the banking boom and as such lost it all when they went down as well.

I thought he might have invested elsewhere around 07/08/09 when it was clear this "global financial crisis" was more than just a 5 year blip.

It was not that long ago he was trying to unlock land at the west of Edinburgh for a business venture of his that was touted as a possible new home for us and Edinburgh Rugby along with houses.

Hopefully he is out the picture for good.

There's an article on the Herald website tonight about him focusing on his private interests

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/murray-shifts-focus-to-private-interests.23882906

Some extracts

SIR David Murray's business empire has shifted further towards his private interests with the sale of Murray Estates to the family-owned Murray Capital as part of a ?13.9 million deal.

Murray Estates owns or controls 600 acres to the west of Edinburgh, none with planning consents, while its 130 acres in Fife and 80 in Lanarkshire do have some consents, according to the last MIH accounts.

e4e8ebar.jpg

Cretins..

The difference being "WE WONT BE LIQUIDATED ON MONDAY YA DOBBER". If you're going to talk about other clubs atleast have the first clue about what you're trying to spread rumour about!

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Orcs are spouting this kind of shite, then everything is good!

...a bit disco

e4e8ebar.jpg

Cretins..

Shouldn't that read 'the spivs own our assets'?

The difference is that RFC RIP have a failed CVA and are about to be liquidated. HMFC still has life left in it yet..

tartofmidlothian

Hearing a sevco fan has been arrested & taken off the train en route to Edinburgh by undercover cops for sectarian singing.

ty8ubuvu.jpg

If we end up in the 'Mickey Mouse Cup Final' next season, you're damn right I'll be there screaming us on.

Just drove through Leith, it's getting busy. Come on Raith! :thumbsup:

Tom English ?@TomEnglishSport ? 37m

Rangers find new ways to illustrate how poor they are. Is this the day the majority of their fans turn against Ally McCoist?

To be fair on Rangers, it was their first cup final and they were playing against a better team who play at a higher level.

jamboinglasgow

Tom English ?@TomEnglishSport · 37m

Rangers find new ways to illustrate how poor they are. Is this the day the majority of their fans turn against Ally McCoist?

Hope not, we need him in charge of them next season.

colinmaroon

Hope not, we need him in charge of them next season.

Double Amen!!!

jamboinglasgow

They simply can't afford to sack him.

Both in cash and other ways. I am sure McCoist could reveal a lot about the board if he felt aggrieved at being sacked, and turn the fans further against the board.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/david-murray-reveals-his-profound-regret-over-rangers-deal.23890858

See this para:

Sir David added: "After the decision of the first-tier tax tribunal, it was evident for all to see that the club need not have entered liquidation. It is also abundantly clear that it would not have gone into administration or liquidation had the purchaser fulfilled its contractual obligations and responsibilities. Similar to our own complaint relating to the leakage of confidential information, we hope that the relevant authorities conclude their investigations and commence proceedings at the earliest opportunity."

http://www.heraldsco...s-deal.23890858

See this para:

Sir David added: "After the decision of the first-tier tax tribunal, it was evident for all to see that the club need not have entered liquidation. It is also abundantly clear that it would not have gone into administration or liquidation had the purchaser fulfilled its contractual obligations and responsibilities. Similar to our own complaint relating to the leakage of confidential information, we hope that the relevant authorities conclude their investigations and commence proceedings at the earliest opportunity."

He appears to be forgetting that Whyte borrowed the money to buy the club and that the business plan needed CL football. As CL wasn't acquired, Whyte didn't pay any form of tax to keep the club afloat for as long as they did.

Now, Rangers probably could have paid their way in the season they went into admin, then liquidation IF they had a fire sale of all their decent players in the January 2012.

But they would have been left with a bunch of kids and possibly Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace and Neil Alexander. And they would also have needed significant external investment each year as the first ?8 - ?10m of income would have gone to Ticketus

http://www.heraldsco...s-deal.23890858

See this para:

really! he was duped by a liar and is so squeaky clean he is looking for legal action against folk

Edited by brownkg

• Maple Leaf locked this topic