The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

But as long as Dave King is lurking in the background, fans will cling to him being the savour to get them back to the free spending days. Rangers fans need to let go of him as you cant count on whether he will be there or not, in the meantime their club is at risk and being taken apart piece by piece.

Indeed - and this fantasy is one of the reason they've not managed to galvanize themselves for any meaningful kind of action and likely never will. King could do them a favour by announcing he won't invest but I'm sure he won't.

Sportsoud Extra yesterday had all the old Hun hacks moaning about a lack of competition in the league... Yeah, a two horse race is infinitely more enjoyable for the other ten teams, than a one horse race, right enough.

Indeed, again. It was nauseating, kicked off by some loose words by Keith Jackson, though it was amusing to hear him backtracking and trying to explain himself out of a hole. He did, to be fair, point out the folly of chasing another sugar daddy and what that pursuit would mean for Rangers in the long term though...

kingantti1874

Sportsoud Extra yesterday had all the old Hun hacks moaning about a lack of competition in the league... Yeah, a two horse race is infinitely more enjoyable for the other ten teams, than a one horse race, right enough.

Rangers will Never be able to provide any meaning full competition, with Champions league subsidy every year the tic will dominate for ever unless something dramatic happens

While the TFKAR's fans have shown a bit of loyalty, you're right, the real test for them is still to come. What I mean by that is their fans, like no other set of fans I've ever come across, get off on a sense of superiority. Let's not beat about the bush, virtually to a man, they are a collection of social incompetents who look to an association with a successful team as a sort of validation of themselves.

Whilst they're pishin all over diddy teams, they can still tell themselves they're 'the people'. Any doubts I had in this respect were dispelled at the recent game when I watched them versus Dunfermline. Watching 'fans' celebrating and rubbing the noses of the locals in it in the boozer after the game was nauseating. However, When they come back up, if they still have no money to spend (as in the seventies and early eighties) and are miles behind Celtic then their gates will plummet. The whole reason the majority of their supporters follow follow, is to be one of 'the people' and when 'the People' are also rans, their fantasy of superiority is lost.

The thought of Sevco being also rans in Celtic's slipstream for the next 20 years fills me with delight. The only reason the Sevco fans have continued to support their (new) team is the hate filled notion that the SFA tried to shaft their club. Slowly the realisation begins to hit home that , in fact , it was the fans of other clubs that caused their team to be dumped down in the 3rd div where they belong. Chuck the spivs into the mix and the money being leached out of the club and the impending and unavoidable financial implosion , you have a recipe for Sevco fans to really do walking away , in big numbers. It;s what they do when they can't win. It happened in the 70s and it happened in the 80s. It will happen again if/when Sevco get back into the top division and it becomes apparent that their team aren't capable of mounting a realistic challenge.

The thought of Sevco being also rans in Celtic's slipstream for the next 20 years fills me with delight. The only reason the Sevco fans have continued to support their (new) team is the hate filled notion that the SFA tried to shaft their club. Slowly the realisation begins to hit home that , in fact , it was the fans of other clubs that caused their team to be dumped down in the 3rd div where they belong. Chuck the spivs into the mix and the money being leached out of the club and the impending and unavoidable financial implosion , you have a recipe for Sevco fans to really do walking away , in big numbers. It;s what they do when they can't win. It happened in the 70s and it happened in the 80s. It will happen again if/when Sevco get back into the top division and it becomes apparent that their team aren't capable of mounting a realistic challenge.

No it wasn't.

They were readmitted to the bottom division as a new club after the old one was liquidated.

No it wasn't.

They were shoehorned to the bottom division as a new club after the old one was liquidated.

FTFY

Hagar the Horrible

If they do go into administration again do all the current shares become worthless?

Yes, but I am sure that the spivs will protects the assets and still end up owning the stadium, so anybody with a offer to take the club ouit of admin will only get the name, and be forced to lease the stadium

Footballfirst

If they do go into administration again do all the current shares become worthless?

I would depend on whether the holding company RIFC or the Football Club TRFC goes into admin.

Currently RIFC has no debt, while TRFC owes ?16M to RIFC (as at June 2013), so it would be more likely to see TRFC go under and sold off to "Rangers men" while RIFC took control of the club's assets.

In that situation RIFC shares would probably retain their value.

Edited by Footballfirst

If they were to go into administration, until when would they have to remain that way for it to affect next season? 1 July?

Jambof3tornado

If they were to go into administration, until when would they have to remain that way for it to affect next season? 1 July?

I'm sure somebody said you have to exit administration before the 1st day of the season to avoid further penalties.

Hagar the Horrible

So they are asking players to take a 15% cut, yet for a Monday night game at 7:45 they have gone up yesterday paid for an overnight in a 4 star hotel, having a nap in the afternoon, getting a light lunch, then onwards all prepared to the stadium....compare that to Forfars prep..Get up at 6ish of to work, a sarnie in a piece box, finish work about 5, might get a fish supper on way home off to the stadium and prepare for the game. How can Rangers justify paying that for a game an hour or so up the road, on a luxury bus, they could all get a long lie in make their way to the game by bus stop of and get a light late lunch and still be at the stadium prepared to play against a part time side, pretty much in a league that they have as good as won. This stinks of running down the cash float as quickly as possible.

So they are asking players to take a 15% cut, yet for a Monday night game at 7:45 they have gone up yesterday paid for an overnight in a 4 star hotel, having a nap in the afternoon, getting a light lunch, then onwards all prepared to the stadium....compare that to Forfars prep..Get up at 6ish of to work, a sarnie in a piece box, finish work about 5, might get a fish supper on way home off to the stadium and prepare for the game. How can Rangers justify paying that for a game an hour or so up the road, on a luxury bus, they could all get a long lie in make their way to the game by bus stop of and get a light late lunch and still be at the stadium prepared to play against a part time side, pretty much in a league that they have as good as won. This stinks of running down the cash float as quickly as possible.

I recon it's more delusion / denial than trying to deliberately run down cash. They just don't get it, they just don't understand that they cannot live a champagne lifestyle, on a lemonade budget. This attitude is what I recon is most likely to kill them, not the actions of the Spivs.

When the old club was in admin, they still paid for an overnight stay in the Dalmahoy when they played us.

Barney Rubble

I recon it's more delusion / denial than trying to deliberately run down cash. They just don't get it, they just don't understand that they cannot live a champagne lifestyle, on a lemonade budget. This attitude is what I recon is most likely to kill them, not the actions of the Spivs.

Correct , they just cant get over the fact the Bank of Scotland doesnt fund them anymore , GIRFUT is my feelings towards this !

The best bit for me is the shower of shite that they're funding this "champagne lifestyle" for. When the likes of Laudrup, Numan, DeBoer, Klos, Gascoigne etc were there it was possibly necessary to keep them happy but for stars like Dean Shiels, Ricky Foster, Bilel Moshni and Nicky Clark? :laugh:

Even the thickest Weegie ZombieFC fan must now be able to see that the "people" running their "club" are running it into the ground and administration and the subsequent liquidation is inevitable.

No it wasn't.

They were readmitted to the bottom division as a new club after the old one was liquidated.

No they were stopped from being shunted straight back into the top division when fans told their clubs they wouldn't stand for the new club going straight back to where the old team came from, so the lad was correct in his statement. Edited by sandylejambo

Hagar the Horrible

I see the directors and their wives went out for a lavish night out at 5* Mar Hall, but Fat Sally and the cardigan declined, so if it was at the clubs expense then there needs to be somebody there having a serious word with themselves.

I see the directors and their wives went out for a lavish night out at 5* Mar Hall, but Fat Sally and the cardigan declined, so if it was at the clubs expense then there needs to be somebody there having a serious word with themselves.

I think it's clear that Sally is fairly sneaky - on the one hand he has played a blinder with the fans and the board - but when push comes to shove he doesn't associate outside of work with the board in case it impacts on his ability to sway the feeble minded fans who effectively kept him in a job when Charles Green arrived.

Edited by Mysterion

No they were stopped from being shunted straight back into the top division when fans told their clubs they wouldn't stand for the new club going straight back to where the old team came from, so the lad was correct in his statement.

No, your statement is correct.

The lad's statement was "in fact , it was the fans of other clubs that caused their team to be dumped down in the 3rd div where they belong." which is different from yours and wrong.

We might have stopped them going into a higher league but we didn't dump them in the 3rd.

If / when we get relegated at the end of this season we for whatever reason asked to be allowed to re-enter the Premier division next year and other teams voted against it would that mean that they had dumped us down to the championship?

My point is that I'm not happy to take any part of the blame for where they ended up, it was all their own doing.

No, your statement is correct.

The lad's statement was "in fact , it was the fans of other clubs that caused their team to be dumped down in the 3rd div where they belong." which is different from yours and wrong.

We might have stopped them going into a higher league but we didn't dump them in the 3rd.

If / when we get relegated at the end of this season we for whatever reason asked to be allowed to re-enter the Premier division next year and other teams voted against it would that mean that they had dumped us down to the championship?

My point is that I'm not happy to take any part of the blame for where they ended up, it was all their own doing.

My recollection is that after Sevco (rightly) didn't get into the SPL , the football "authorities" tried to get Sevco into Div1. That failed too. I seem to recall a lengthy protest up and down Scotland as fans refused to buy STs until they were told which way their club would vote on the matter. You ?

jamboinglasgow

They were always going to be promoted.

Edinburgh's Maroon

Yup, thats why we want them to be wounded next season, a points deduction at the start of the season and hampered with their squad and who they can bring in.

My recollection is that after Sevco (rightly) didn't get into the SPL , the football "authorities" tried to get Sevco into Div1. That failed too. I seem to recall a lengthy protest up and down Scotland as fans refused to buy STs until they were told which way their club would vote on the matter. You ?

Me?

My recollection is that they got re-admitted to the bottom tier of Scottish Football, they were never in the top division or div1 so couldn't possibly have been "dumped" down to division 3.

Jambof3tornado

Yup, thats why we want them to be wounded next season, a points deduction at the start of the season and hampered with their squad and who they can bring in.

I think if they are going into admin it will be controlled and will occur this season so they dont incur a points penalty next season.

I think if they are going into admin it will be controlled and will occur this season so they dont incur a points penalty next season.

While I agree, that's exactly what was meant to happen last time around. :)

Charlie-Brown

They are hardly in "control" of their own affairs, they lurch from crisis to crisis largely self inflicted by their own stupidity and arrogance. What will be will be the timing of events is not in our control but neither I suspect theirs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What the real scandal here is why the Sweet FA let this bunch of spivs back into football.

They are hardly in "control" of their own affairs, they lurch from crisis to crisis largely self inflicted by their own stupidity and arrogance. What will be will be the timing of events is not in our control but neither I suspect theirs.

From our perspective,; early season tickets sales would be good news

You also have to remember that the ownership of Ibrox still isn't clear, nor is the outcome of the Serious Fraud Office investigation.

Maybe the "people" in charge of "them" already know the outcome of both and are therefore blowing through as much cash as possible before everything implodes.

Ever seen Brewsters' Millions ?

You also have to remember that the ownership of Ibrox still isn't clear, nor is the outcome of the Serious Fraud Office investigation.

Maybe the "people" in charge of "them" already know the outcome of both and are therefore blowing through as much cash as possible before everything implodes.

Ever seen Brewsters' Millions ?

. I think it's probably fair to say that those who are really in charge of Rangers affairs are not those in the Directors positions at the club. That's going to become abundantly clear over the next few months when the (big) house of cards finally collapses and they suffer another administration event. The ownership of the fixed assets will become crystal clear when that happens and the clubs true plight is finally exposed. Mayhem to follow no doubt. Edited by Deevers

If they go into administration again this season then the best we can hope for is a lengthy signing ban which will hopefully affect their chances to compete next season

I've not read too many Rangers forums to get the general consensus on St renewals however the handful I know are all planning on renewing

[quote nT

he spivs will continueame=The Gasman' timestamp='1390218246' post='4010518]

The Spivs will continue to put there mouths in the trough until it is empty but the orcs keep filling it up however they are currently losing 1 million per month and have 2 months left of the share money to keep the bus rolling season ticket money will kick in to keep them going though unless the orcs decide enough is enough.

Hagar the Horrible

So Fat Salary defends HIS decision to stay at Carnoustie before their game against Forfar, stating it gives his team the best chance to perform, "We are still Rangers Football club and will attempt to be as professional as we can" well your not Rangers you are sevco, and does being professional include the "We demand to know who these people are" moonbeam, Oh and if you continue to do a brewsters millions then you wont be for too much longer either. I can see the point if it was a lunch time kick off, but Carnoustie?????? Cut your cloth accordingly, its not Barca you were playing

Geoff Kilpatrick

So Fat Salary defends HIS decision to stay at Carnoustie before their game against Forfar, stating it gives his team the best chance to perform, "We are still Rangers Football club and will attempt to be as professional as we can" well your not Rangers you are sevco, and does being professional include the "We demand to know who these people are" moonbeam, Oh and if you continue to do a brewsters millions then you wont be for too much longer either. I can see the point if it was a lunch time kick off, but Carnoustie?????? Cut your cloth accordingly, its not Barca you were playing

Now be fair to Sally. When the dead club were in administration they checked into the Balmoral before playing at Tynie. :ninja:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Now be fair to Sally. When the dead club were in administration they checked into the Balmoral before playing at Tynie. :ninja:

Finally Scottish football has some consistency!!

Interesting that Temps got a game now they need to shift players!

Interesting interview of CEO Wallace by Tom English. Seems to be a reasonable sort and, whisper it, he seems to get it !

http://www.scotsman....llace-1-3275716

Interesting it may well be but will he actually be able to make the changes required? I very much doubt it.

His answer to TE's question below is perhaps a typo but I hope not.

TE: At that point you think the club will be a streamlined, functioning, non basket case economy?

GW: I see no reason why we can?t build a foundation where the club can?t stand on its own two feet in a sustainable way. I see no reason why we can?t achieve that.

IMHO they will go about their business talking the talk trying to curry favour with the fans bring out the old guard just before season tickets go on sale and then when they have conned them again back to the SEVCO normal.

It may just be me but do you not get the impression that TE had a good deal of JIZZ dripping from his mouth during his interview? I suppose it makes a change from lamb gravy.

TE the new SEVCO media sycophant. He will get Traynors old job soonenough perhaps.

Edited by 7628mm

tartofmidlothian

Got no feelings about the various spivs, directors and money men, they're just faceless suits out for a payday. Maybe the fans have been under the radar for a long time or maybe I just listen to the wrong phone-ins, but the worst of them don't really bug me these days either, in fact fair play to all who have stuck with the club these past couple of years. The succulent lamb media apologists have all gone or gone quiet too.

So TBH I think Sally's the worst thing about Rangers these days. It's the expectation that the natural way of things is for them to lord it over everyone else and splash money on players, fancy hotels and his wages. Even the achievement of climbing back up from where they started has been spoiled by his insistence on spunking money they can't afford to do it. Even as Rome's burning, he's probably dreaming of how many Air Miles he'll get for the Champs League group stages in a couple of years, because after all it's where they belong eh? :facepalm:

scottish_chicP

In fairness to some of the fans. I spoke to a few over the weekend (ones who actually attend matches) and they all agreed they are hurtling towards admin and there is not much they (the fans) can do about it. They don't want the players they have on the wages they have.

I'm not sure they have time to cut the costs. I think they have lft it too late. And much as the fans love the club they would need to be mad to buy ST's.

What happened to Hearts should be a warning to them- our ST money was all gone before the season even began and that investment by the fans achieved absolutely nothing- in fact we would have been better taking the hit last year early doors and slugging it out with a terrible Dundee side with a better squad and a chance of not being relegated than what has come to pass this year.

rangers would do wisely to take the 25 pt hit now, re shape and still be promoted than wait and collapse later

Probably been mentioned but Temps and that fecking R8.

League One players should never be getting wages like that, to buy a supercar. No wonder they could be going into admin again.

Probably been mentioned but Temps and that fecking R8.

League One players should never be getting wages like that, to buy a supercar. No wonder they could be going into admin again.

Temps has an R8?

:vrface:

In fairness to some of the fans. I spoke to a few over the weekend (ones who actually attend matches) and they all agreed they are hurtling towards admin and there is not much they (the fans) can do about it. They don't want the players they have on the wages they have.

They can. They can stop paying/giving all their money to the Spivs.

The only income TRIFC get are from ticket sales. Almost nothing from TV, nothing from Europe, etc etc ..

If the fans stop throwing their money at them it would force another Admin event and then a fan led group can take control (sound familiar?).

Its the only way I see the fiasco in the West coming to an end.

I'm not sure they have time to cut the costs. I think they have lft it too late. And much as the fans love the club they would need to be mad to buy ST's.

What happened to Hearts should be a warning to them- our ST money was all gone before the season even began and that investment by the fans achieved absolutely nothing- in fact we would have been better taking the hit last year early doors and slugging it out with a terrible Dundee side with a better squad and a chance of not being relegated than what has come to pass this year.

rangers would do wisely to take the 25 pt hit now, re shape and still be promoted than wait and collapse later

Did it not help to stave off a winding up order from HMRC.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic