The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

King won't invest now.

He lost ?20m first time round and anything he invests this time will be lost too. The cost base is far too high and the Rangers fans are still a long way off accepting the consequences of a break even finance model.

As with the Easdales it is only worth him coming in is if he gets into bed with the spivs and there are potentially assets to hive future income from.

And an edit If the SFA stick to their rules he certainly can't be involved with the football club. And I wouldn't be surprise despite all the pro spin, that both the UK and SA financial authorities still have beady eye on him.

Edited by DETTY29

livingstonjambo

If they think its bad now. Wait a few weeks. Fire sale imminent.

The only problem is most of the players they have are on huge contracts and nobody else will play them that much. There is a real possibility they won't be able to sell anyone

Edited by livingstonjambo

Happy bunch over on Blindly Follow Follow :)

View Poll Results:

Do you intend to renew your season ticket for next year - given the current situation

• Yes - I will renew my season ticket 115 (23.09%)
  • No chance - I want to starve the spivs out 383 (76.91%)

could be the reson the Spivs are selling there penny shares now and cashing out before the price crashes

jamboinglasgow

The only problem is most of the players they have are on huge contracts and nobody else will play them that much. There is a real possibility they won't be able to sell anyone

read somewhere that hibs were tring to sign dean shiels but the deal collapsed as Hibs offered 40 percent less than his current wage.

So, how is that a problem?

:pleasing:

The Old Tolbooth

I get really irked when I see Hearts fans feeling sorry for these fuds, they'll be our main competition next season, the more bad things that happen to them thanks to their own mismanagement, the better! Hell mend the fekkers!

Oh, and I pinched this from FB :D

1525561_250023395164892_1537210371_n.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I get really irked when I see Hearts fans feeling sorry for these fuds, they'll be our main competition next season, the more bad things that happen to them thanks to their own mismanagement, the better! Hell mend the fekkers!

Oh, and I pinched this from FB :D

1525561_250023395164892_1537210371_n.jpg

Absofukinlootly!

I know many decent Rangers fans. Whisper it, I even know quite a few Celtic fans who are sound. And don't tell anybody, but I've got some really good pals who are Hibbies.

Same here. :thumb:

I've never quite got how some folk can be so far up themselves that they can't / don't have any friends who follow other teams. :unsure:

Watch this space ... :whistling:

He is right as nobody will want to buy them at the wages they are on so in effect he won't need to take part.

They supposedly don't do walking away. But if I was a Rangers fan right now I would be considering it.

And Sally has shown his true colours - not blue. It's all in the green

He has had a shocker in all this, being a blue-nose through & through he felt it was better to fight from within.

However, the super salary and shares have snared him much to the delight of the spivs, it got the fans to buy shares and ST's.

He as shown to be inept in management ability that he has frittered away a good amount of the invested cash.

Super Salary - a great name, love it.

He has had a shocker in all this, being a blue-nose through & through he felt it was better to fight from within.

However, the super salary and shares have snared him much to the delight of the spivs, it got the fans to buy shares and ST's.

He as shown to be inept in management ability that he has frittered away a good amount of the invested cash.

Mccoist publicly backing you is the kiss of death. Maybe the same for the players.

Greed has a wonderful way of revenge.

Ally's snout has been in the trough as much as anyone.

True colours from Fat Sally, nose in the trough trousering as much as he can carry. Offered to take a pay cut, but that was in October so three months later and over ?100K over spent, not to mention his "investment" in the club.

And when he us questioned about his position, poor management embezzlement by the spivs, (which includes him!), he comes out with competing with Celtic, lapped up by the knuckledraggers.... we've thrown away millions, but we can't let Celtic get 10 in a row.

Edited by Biffa Bacon

I know many decent Rangers fans. Whisper it, I even know quite a few Celtic fans who are sound. And don't tell anybody, but I've got some really good pals who are Hibbies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent post, Adi.

Looks like Admin is just round the corner for Rangers. It's incredible how a club of that size has been run so badly. Hopefuly this time around the Rangers fans get the chance to do what we are doing and own the club.

tartofmidlothian

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-insists-3034275

That Record piece in full. McCoist washing his hands of potential sales, rumoured 500k needed off the monthly budget right away, admin not imminent but only if these cuts are agreed and investment comes in in the medium term.

Fair play to the players, they seem to be refusing cuts mainly because the directors haven't taken any themselves yet.

Surely none of the players will get contracts like they have at present again either so also trousering as much as they can for as long as they can

Ally and The Cardigan must have taken enough money out to buy the club when they are back on the market.

The waistcoat certainly tried.

The part I like best is how this will sit your average bawheid hun. You know the ones, giving it the 'We'll take our punishment, fine, we'll go to Division 3, you'll be bust without oor fan's' patter. We will have the last laugh sort of thing.

:gok:

Looking at another spectacular fail. They are a busted flush one way or another.

The People's Chimp

Excellent post, Adi.

Looks like Admin is just round the corner for Rangers. It's incredible how a club of that size has been run so badly. Hopefuly this time around the Rangers fans get the chance to do what we are doing and own the club.

Yip. This.

Diadora Van Basten

McCoist just doesn't get it, he said he wanted a warning if Rangers were heading towards admin. Then we gets one he refuses to cut costs.

Given that most of these players have sacrificed career to drop several divisions for the cash, you can see why they might be pretty resistant to then dropping their wages

Gregory House M.D.

that is not so much true these days. Celtic and Hibs buses leave from the pans Rangers bus is more Tranent now.

Celtic is Tranent and can't say I have ever seen a Rangers supporters bus in Tranent. Tranent is mainly Hearts, Hibs and Celtic.

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Seymour M Hersh

Given that most of these players have sacrificed career to drop several divisions for the cash, you can see why they might be pretty resistant to then dropping their wages

I think the fact that they've gone to a club in the lower reaches says it all as to the reason. The cash nothing else. So greed is probably the main driver for refusing the pay cut.

ToadKiller Dog

Any player that dropped from SPL level to them in the last two years is a mercenary , don't have problem with them doing that if that's what they want out of their career. .

the Orcs shouldn't get upset when a mercenary refuses to work on the cheap .

http://www.dailyreco...insists-3034275

That Record piece in full. McCoist washing his hands of potential sales, rumoured 500k needed off the monthly budget right away, admin not imminent but only if these cuts are agreed and investment comes in in the medium term.

Fair play to the players, they seem to be refusing cuts mainly because the directors haven't taken any themselves yet.

According to the Daily Ranger ,Ally called the players in to get the bad new s- which was actually delivered by club captain "Windmill" McCulloch. It looks like they pushed it as far down the food chain as possible to get someone to give the bad , bad news. Ally sure is doing his level best to distance himself from the Ibrox night of the long knives.

scottish_chicP
Any player that dropped from SPL level to them in the last two years is a mercenary , don't have problem with them doing that if that's what they want out of their career. .

the Orcs shouldn't get upset when a mercenary refuses to work on the cheap .

Exactly this. Money is the only reason they went there!

What's all this chronic chat about sympathy and ' friends who support other teams?' Is this a wind up?. This is football. Tribalism. When something truly tragic happens, the football community comes together. This is no tragedy.

i wish jj was my dad

Excellent post, Adi.

If the orcs get the chance to buy the club they will run it into the ground at the same rate as the spivs.

We're (fortunately) different animals from that mob. Most Hearts fans I know are prepared to take our medicine and start again. I think we all recognise that this means living outwith our means again isn't an option.

Their whole existence is built around challenging (hating) their bigoted partners in crime. They are nothing without them and they know it. That's why I'm convinced that they will keep chucking money down the drain no matter who is running the show.

i wish jj was my dad

According to the Daily Ranger ,Ally called the players in to get the bad new s- which was actually delivered by club captain "Windmill" McCulloch. It looks like they pushed it as far down the food chain as possible to get someone to give the bad , bad news. Ally sure is doing his level best to distance himself from the Ibrox night of the long knives.

Which speaks volumes for the character of the man who has spent like a drunken sailor to conceal his inadequacies as a coach. Not to mention milking the club for everything he could get in the process.

...a bit disco

McCoist has plenty previous with this sort of thing.

Cast your mind back to March 2012...

'McCoist will not deliver the bad news personally to any players who will be made redundant, but he has promised to be waiting outside the room to offer his support to those who are axed.

Speaking after Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Ibrox, McCoist said: 'It's not my job, I'm not making anybody redundant, I'm not telling anybody they have lost their job.

'I won't be [in with the players] but I will be waiting outside if and when it happens. My job is to support and be there, which I will be.'

McCoist, who refused to confirm whether he had offered to work for free until the end of the season, paid tribute to the entire workforce at the club.

He added: 'Morale and an inner strength to keep going and be there for each other, to me, is really evident and very strong. That will help us get through it.'

http://www.dailymail...st-coffers.html

Deflection and denial Ally, eh?

Edited by ...a bit disco

So wait.

They could go into admin, lose 25 points, come out of admin and get promoted debt free.

How exactly is this good for us?

If the orcs get the chance to buy the club they will run it into the ground at the same rate as the spivs.

We're (fortunately) different animals from that mob. Most Hearts fans I know are prepared to take our medicine and start again. I think we all recognise that this means living outwith our means again isn't an option.

Their whole existence is built around challenging (hating) their bigoted partners in crime. They are nothing without them and they know it. That's why I'm convinced that they will keep chucking money down the drain no matter who is running the show.

I disagree with your first point. If Rangers were to go down a similar route to us with fan ownership they wouldn't have the ability to chuck the cash away they have in recent years. They'd need another sugar daddy to do that and that's what they're demanding instead of fan ownership... which makes your last point correct. Its not about a sustainable football club, its about getting as near to the other cheek as possible.

I disagree with your first point. If Rangers were to go down a similar route to us with fan ownership they wouldn't have the ability to chuck the cash away they have in recent years. They'd need another sugar daddy to do that and that's what they're demanding instead of fan ownership... which makes your last point correct. Its not about a sustainable football club, its about getting as near to the other cheek as possible.

this is rangers fans in a nut shell. They have become so used to outspending the rest of Scottish football they believe it to be their own rights. They continually disbelieve their successful years were all down to fraudent accounting and are only in the present mire because of Craig White.

They believed serious players would step in and put them back where they think they belong.

For the long term good of our game, this can only be a good thing, it must be affecting Celtic's coffers, failure to qualify for CL will hurt them bad.

Just tragic for us that we have failed miserably when the door as opened.

I can't understand why McCoist hangs on to his shares. He could sell them, make a donation to the Rangers and the situation is over. He's surely not short of a few quid. Is it greed? Ego? Or is it a tool to cling on to his job? He's surely not short of cash. It's all very murky.

jamboinglasgow

this is rangers fans in a nut shell. They have become so used to outspending the rest of Scottish football they believe it to be their own rights. They continually disbelieve their successful years were all down to fraudent accounting and are only in the present mire because of Craig White.

They believed serious players would step in and put them back where they think they belong.

For the long term good of our game, this can only be a good thing, it must be affecting Celtic's coffers, failure to qualify for CL will hurt them bad.

Just tragic for us that we have failed miserably when the door as opened.

Thats the thing, they still cling to the David Murray days without listening to the lessons and truth of it. They are still hoping that a great sugar daddy (i.e. King) will come in, fund there splurge in the transfer market and things will be back to what they were before. But they have not learnt lessons, there is no one out there who is going throw so much money away on Rangers and Scottish football. The ones who are going to take over are those out to make money from them, hence why they got spivs. Rangers need to look in a way to Celtic, they have built their finances without the need of a sugar daddy (though they have a wealthy backer who there if needed) but if they were to go for fan ownership they still would have the finances to compete with Celtic (admittedly it will take years to get to that level) and they are able to protect the club from undesirable owners. However in their desire for instant success and revenge they will still cling to any person who could be a sugar daddy.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I can't understand why McCoist hangs on to his shares. He could sell them, make a donation to the Rangers and the situation is over. He's surely not short of a few quid. Is it greed? Ego? Or is it a tool to cling on to his job? He's surely not short of cash. It's all very murky.

Waiting until it all implodes again? Maybe if they hit the skids again, he plans on joining up with Walter and a few others as owners?

Thats the thing, they still cling to the David Murray days without listening to the lessons and truth of it. They are still hoping that a great sugar daddy (i.e. King) will come in, fund there splurge in the transfer market and things will be back to what they were before. But they have not learnt lessons, there is no one out there who is going throw so much money away on Rangers and Scottish football. The ones who are going to take over are those out to make money from them, hence why they got spivs. Rangers need to look in a way to Celtic, they have built their finances without the need of a sugar daddy (though they have a wealthy backer who there if needed) but if they were to go for fan ownership they still would have the finances to compete with Celtic (admittedly it will take years to get to that level) and they are able to protect the club from undesirable owners. However in their desire for instant success and revenge they will still cling to any person who could be a sugar daddy.

Yeah they'll never be what they once were. That's a bitter pill to swallow for some of them. As much as they are to be commended for their loyalty just now, they aren't on the end of regular beatings from Celtic. When that happens I think their support will shrink and by quite a margin. Not all of them will be able to handle Celtic being out of sight for a generation.

For the rest of us if Rangers continue they have been badly wounded from all of this. They have been brought down a few pegs and will be there for the taking week in week out unless they receive heavy investment and that's unlikely. They have natural advantages sure but really they are one of us diddies now.

:rofl:

I Hun I know i know thinks David Murray and king are waiting in the wings with investment and the reason they haven't done it already is cos they're waiting to oust the spivs before doing so.

Edited by Feeno

I Hun I know i know thinks David Murray and king are waiting in the wings with investment and the reason they haven't done it already is cos they're waiting to oust the spivs before doing so.

I doubt your friend is alone in thinking that. Ask him why, if that was their agenda all along, they didn't just buy the club & assets lock, stock & barrel when it was going for ?5.5m....

So wait.

They could go into admin, lose 25 points, come out of admin and get promoted debt free.

How exactly is this good for us?

While it is only hearsay, the Easdales are said to have done a review that suggests to break even, the playing sqaud's top wage is only in the region of ?2k pw.

Their fixed costs are so bad.

Unfortunately Sally would have to go too.

Edited by DETTY29

As much as they are to be commended for their loyalty just now, they aren't on the end of regular beatings from Celtic. When that happens I think their support will shrink and by quite a margin. Not all of them will be able to handle Celtic being out of sight for a generation.

While the TFKAR's fans have shown a bit of loyalty, you're right, the real test for them is still to come. What I mean by that is their fans, like no other set of fans I've ever come across, get off on a sense of superiority. Let's not beat about the bush, virtually to a man, they are a collection of social incompetents who look to an association with a successful team as a sort of validation of themselves.

Whilst they're pishin all over diddy teams, they can still tell themselves they're 'the people'. Any doubts I had in this respect were dispelled at the recent game when I watched them versus Dunfermline. Watching 'fans' celebrating and rubbing the noses of the locals in it in the boozer after the game was nauseating. However, When they come back up, if they still have no money to spend (as in the seventies and early eighties) and are miles behind Celtic then their gates will plummet. The whole reason the majority of their supporters follow follow, is to be one of 'the people' and when 'the People' are also rans, their fantasy of superiority is lost.

Edited by Paris 84

King's been burned to the extent of ?20m already. Considering he certainly can't get anywhere near the Football Board if the SFA sticks to it's rules, and there is no guarantee the FCA will let him near the plc board, I'm sure you can pretty much discard him unless he is going to just give the money away for others to look after. No doubt however, every 6 - 12 months he will be in the press, but nothing comes of it.

Re Minty, Llyods took a 25% share in in his business interest. Therefore unless that has changed, then he will need Lloyds permission to re-invest in Rangers. Now think about that for a moment.

Maybe he could invest personal wealth, but he doesn't make the higher echelons of the money lists anymore. Indeed, as it transpired last time, not only was it borrowed money he invested, he got it all back again in a tax free loan that is currently under appeal from HMRC as tax evasion rather than avoidance/good tax management.

jamboinglasgow

King's been burned to the extent of ?20m already. Considering he certainly can't get anywhere near the Football Board if the SFA sticks to it's rules, and there is no guarantee the FCA will let him near the plc board, I'm sure you can pretty much discard him unless he is going to just give the money away for others to look after. No doubt however, every 6 - 12 months he will be in the press, but nothing comes of it.

Re Minty, Llyods took a 25% share in in his business interest. Therefore unless that has changed, then he will need Lloyds permission to re-invest in Rangers. Now think about that for a moment.

Maybe he could invest personal wealth, but he doesn't make the higher echelons of the money lists anymore. Indeed, as it transpired last time, not only was it borrowed money he invested, he got it all back again in a tax free loan that is currently under appeal from HMRC as tax evasion rather than avoidance/good tax management.

I cant believe that King would buy into Rangers without having a say in the day to day running of the club, i.e. being on the board of directors, otherwise it is just handing over his money and hoping it is spent well (though at AGM he would have a say with the percentage he owns.) He cant be on the board so why would he trust the current spivs and jokers to use it wisely. But as long as Dave King is lurking in the background, fans will cling to him being the savour to get them back to the free spending days. Rangers fans need to let go of him as you cant count on whether he will be there or not, in the meantime their club is at risk and being taken apart piece by piece.

While the TFKAR's fans have shown a bit of loyalty, you're right, the real test for them is still to come. What I mean by that is their fans, like no other set of fans I've ever come across, get off on a sense of superiority. Let's not beat about the bush, virtually to a man, they are a collection of social incompetents who look to an association with a successful team as a sort of validation of themselves.

Whilst they're pishin all over diddy teams, they can still tell themselves they're 'the people'. Any doubts I had in this respect were dispelled at the recent game when I watched them versus Dunfermline. Watching 'fans' celebrating and rubbing the noses of the locals in it in the boozer after the game was nauseating. However, When they come back up, if they still have no money to spend (as in the seventies and early eighties) and are miles behind Celtic then their gates will plummet. The whole reason the majority of their supporters follow follow, is to be one of 'the people' and when 'the People' are also rans, their fantasy of superiority is lost.

Agree with everything here.

:spoton:

I cant believe that King would buy into Rangers without having a say in the day to day running of the club, i.e. being on the board of directors, otherwise it is just handing over his money and hoping it is spent well (though at AGM he would have a say with the percentage he owns.) He cant be on the board so why would he trust the current spivs and jokers to use it wisely. But as long as Dave King is lurking in the background, fans will cling to him being the savour to get them back to the free spending days. Rangers fans need to let go of him as you cant count on whether he will be there or not, in the meantime their club is at risk and being taken apart piece by piece.

Thing is they would rather listen to like of King (the journalist), Jackson and Young who always try to paint as rosy a picture as possible of the club, but despise Speirs and English who they believe are anti Rangers agenda driven, when these are the guys that are warning them.

Surely they have now figured out that it isn't just spivs that have their snouts in the trough in one way or another. That accusation can now be thrown at the football management, the players and huge swaythes, if not most, of the red top journalists.

Edited by DETTY29

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sportsoud Extra yesterday had all the old Hun hacks moaning about a lack of competition in the league... Yeah, a two horse race is infinitely more enjoyable for the other ten teams, than a one horse race, right enough.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic