The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Alwaysinourshadows

How can the players taking wage cuts save 250k a week? Surely will not save as much as that?

Edited by Alwaysinourshadows

Perhaps i'm being incredibly thick here, but.....

I thought the need to save ?1m a month was just to bring expenses in line with income between now and the end of the season?

So all this wage cut negotiation is still not going to adress any of the huge amounts of pie & mash owed to all and sundry?

So when do they start to pay back what they owe?

First 3 lines are correct, 4th one, do you really believe that they will pay back what they owe?

Edit: Apologies for saying the first line was correct. whistling.gif

Edited by graygo

BBC - Some players have cut deals with #Rangers administrators to take wage cuts now in exchange free transfers in summer or sell on clauses.

Vlad-Stupid

Am I right in thinking they are paying Administrators ?750k per month to cut ?1m. Seems sensible. Especially when it seems that Rangers are calling the shots here anyways :lol:

The Mighty Thor

First 3 lines are correct, 4th one, do you really believe that they will pay back what they owe?

Edit: Apologies for saying the first line was correct. whistling.gif

You're probably not far off the mark thumbsup.gif

I've read that much contrary stuff in the last 3 weeks I couldn't be sure what was what.

Good to see the creditors are still top of the agenda though ohmy.gif

Spunked ages ago. :(

Its like pulling a stunning bursd only to find out later that she has a ******

:oohmatron: Been there I take it ;)

jamboinglasgow

Am I right in thinking they are paying Administrators ?750k per month to cut ?1m. Seems sensible. Especially when it seems that Rangers are calling the shots here anyways :lol:

exactly, they are brought in to be the people who will make the hard decisions to try and keep the business running while getting a deal sorted for creditors. Rangers are paying through the nose for ones who are indecisive, dont seem to understand that a deadline is meant to be final and have not tried at all looked like they are trying to get a deal for creditors. Mad.

Not what was promised but enjoyed all the same!thumbsup.gif

ninja.gif

I'm quite happy for them to take huge wage cuts now and leave in the summer. If they can take 6 points each off Motherwell and Dundee Utd, even better.

Long term this does nothing for them, just a delay till the real pain.

Doncaster on BBC Sportsound saying pretty much that Rangers Newco will walk back into SPL.

Alwaysinourshadows

Doncaster on BBC Sportsound saying pretty much that Rangers Newco will walk back into SPL.

Ugly prick.

Cardiac Rucksack

An utter farce. If the HMRC arent back at the court of session asking for these administrators to be removed something is seriously wrong.

Jeremy beagle

I can't believe these administrators are bending over backwards to save Rangers. It's an absolute disgrace!

Geoff Kilpatrick

How to kill the SPL in one easy step.

it appears the players are trying to have guarantees that they will get their money back once the club finds new owners after or before liquidation?

Guest GhostHunter

Had this been Hearts - the gates would be locked and the ground sold to Tesco's by now. All players would be plying their trade at Alloa and we'd be supporting a memory.

Shocking stuff.

Vlad-Stupid

Gotta laugh at all the folk trying to make out Wylde performed some sort of noble act when in reality his agent has told him he can get him a new club with more wages rather than take a wage cut :lol:

I'd be shocked if all players agents weren't advising them to seek volentry redundancy. Why play for pennies when you can earn a decent wage now?

Its a pity that celtic won the league in 2006,if it had been rangers and they get stripped of their title it would have then made HEARTS the winners thumbsup.gif

Would that not have made us third, behind both of them?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Would that not have made us third, behind both of them?

I assume he meant Celtic would've been third.

The administrators have made it clear they won't take deferrals as it simply delays the issue.

Administrator fees' vary by the hours worked. For every hour a senior administrator spends negotiating Rangers wave goodbye to another ?500-1000 of guarenteed creditor money

I suspect what is currently happening is a few of the players are negotiating wage cuts dependent on agreement to be released/let go on the cheap in the summer or awaiting confirmation of Fifa dispensation.

I am sure HMRC will be chomping at the bit to find out about the creditors committee and get on it. Mr VR should do the same.

Doncaster said that the SPL board will follow the rules that the 12 SPL members put in place for liquidation / administration.

If that's not a green light for the other 11 clubs to vote in harsh penalties then I don't know what is.

Every fan of a SPL team should be DEMANDING that their chairman takes full advantage of this.

BBC - Some players have cut deals with #Rangers administrators to take wage cuts now in exchange free transfers in summer or sell on clauses.

Apparently 5 players to leave, 2 already announced + the above. Will be interesting to see who are the 3 other players are, I have a feeling Davis might be one of them.

Edited by jamb0_1874

Clerry Jambo

Correct, RFC in any form will remain in SPL :angry:

Doncaster said that the SPL board will follow the rules that the 12 SPL members put in place for liquidation / administration.

If that's not a green light for the other 11 clubs to vote in harsh penalties then I don't know what is.

Every fan of a SPL team should be DEMANDING that their chairman takes full advantage of this.

Of course downside to this is if your club then goes into administration then you get the same punishment.

Tbh I would advocate the current punishment being the minimum with the members having discretion to add more depending on the severity of debts; mitigating and aggravating factors and so on. The SFL have it right as Dundee got hammered for doing it a 2nd time likewise clubs that couldnt guarentee the security of other clubs.

Apparently 5 players to leave, 2 already announced + the above. Will be interesting to see who are the 3 other players are, I have a feeling Davis might be one of them.

I doubt it. EPL clubs have named squads and I don't think can add to them now unless its an emergency. I'd hazard a guess a paycut then free transfer in summer is his aim.

itsnomarooned

Gotta laugh at all the folk trying to make out Wylde performed some sort of noble act when in reality his agent has told him he can get him a new club with more wages rather than take a wage cut :lol:

I'd be shocked if all players agents weren't advising them to seek volentry redundancy. Why play for pennies when you can earn a decent wage now?

Was thinking much the same thing myself. I think it's naive to think this was a totally unselfish act motivated purely by his deep seated concern over Isa the tea lady.

SPL or nowhere.

Game is well and truly over guys.

:(

Edited by Lovecraft

LeylandJambo

The fans can demand to their hearts content. the chairmen of clubs will only see pound signs & vote them straight back in again.

Radio Ga Ga

A THAILAND LOVE STORY

A man was lying in bed with his new Thai girlfriend in a hotel in the Thai resort of Phuket.

After having great sex, she spent the next hour just rubbing his testicles - something she loved to do.

As he was enjoying it, he turned and asked her, "Why do you love doing that so much?"

"Because", she replied, "I really miss mine!"

...Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it ???

I think it's moving on now to post liquidation talk. The media focus is now on how the SPL will deal with the Newco. The admin process is now just a delaying side show, allowing prospective new owners to get themselves sorted.

The media pressure to have Rangers reinstated in the SPL will be MASSIVE. It will be quite sickening how questions to the SPL will be loaded to the extent that it will be difficult to divert attention back to tax evasion and the breaking of SPL rules: rules which will be painted as irrelevant against what is best for scottish football.IMO

Edited by Riccarton3

Vlad-Stupid

No redundancies = :rofl:

Good lord. May as well give them a 20pt head start for the next 5 seasons as a wee sorry for all their troubles they've endured.

:facepalm:

A THAILAND LOVE STORY

A man was lying in bed with his new Thai girlfriend in a hotel in the Thai resort of Phuket.

After having great sex, she spent the next hour just rubbing his testicles - something she loved to do.

As he was enjoying it, he turned and asked her, "Why do you love doing that so much?"

"Because", she replied, "I really miss mine!"

...Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it ???

:sob: what a story they should make it into a movie

are they keeping their loaned players like bartley while in administration and losing a million blabs a month, aye?

seems above board.

are they keeping their loaned players like bartley while in administration and losing a million blabs a month, aye?

seems above board.

I would guess it depends on who is paying the wages. Might be Arsenal and the likes are paying most of the wages or are willing to do this for the rest of the loan. The players loaned out I would guess will either go or need their clubs to pay the wages in full.

I do wonder if talk of third party contracts could complicate things. If Whyte's companies are paying some wages or hold registrations they may be making the suggestion that Rangers FC have no wage liability for these guys.

PsychocAndy

Neil Doncaster, is that his name or a command from Rangers.

The game is a bogey.

The 80K paid to dunfermline is clearly a bribe. Wonder what SPL policies are on bribery.

Probably better just sticking to the less contentious issues - there seems to be plenty of them as it is.

Jamboman1512

The 80K paid to dunfermline is clearly a bribe. Wonder what SPL policies are on bribery.

As long as its from either the green or blue side of Glasgow then all is good, anywhere else and that is blatant cheating.

John McClure

what did doncaster say exactly? they will remain in the spl regardless?? i missed it

Perhaps i'm being incredibly thick here, but.....

I thought the need to save ?1m a month was just to bring expenses in line with income between now and the end of the season?

So all this wage cut negotiation is still not going to adress any of the huge amounts of pie & mash owed to all and sundry?

So when do they start to pay back what they owe?

Since the Administrators have come in they've not appeared to do much except increased net expenditure (their own costs) and agreed to pay one non-secured creditor 100% (Dunfermline) presumably at the expense of the other Creditors.

I'm amazed that HMRC haven't been back to the Court of Session kicking off about this. :unsure:

what did doncaster say exactly? they will remain in the spl regardless?? i missed it

Basically that he's there to implement the SPL rulebook, which all 12 clubs are responsible for. Any new rules go to a vote. Currently no rule on liquidated clubs and only 1o point deduction for administration.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic