The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Kyle Bartley arrives BACK at Murray Park. Scenes!

Just need Papac back now and we'll know something big could happen :P

BBC: Administrators still hopeful of media conf tonight. Progress being made on wage cut discussions

Les Izemore

Anyone else think that the returning players may have been away to sit down with their families and discuss what's been offered (or not)?

The day may not be over yet.

BBC Chris McLaughlin: players now negotiating individually with #Rangers administrators. Some close to agreement.

So they obviously have a lot of faith in their union representative getting the best deal for them :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:unsure:

Racist

Is he not just meaning that since he dresses like a complete tack-merchant, he probably smells like one too?

Vlad-Stupid

He forgot his Lynx Africa... teehee.gif

'Stereotyping the darkie's bad memory's' type post IMO

Sky News: Some #Rangers players called into Murray Park by team-mates. New/re-heated deal on the table? Players had rejected wage cut suggestion

I would love to hear the thoughts from another set of administrators in to

how this is all panning out.

It looks like Rangers are calling all the shots.

I thought these administrators were supposed to go in and look after all the creditors as well as the staff.

The creditors must be losing hope of getting anything back at all.

This looks like a right shambles with the administrators it seems to me, in awe of the club.

Rudolf's Mate

As I posted earlier, hope it's not bin a couple of the so called lesser players and as if by magic a deal is done!!!

BBCJamesCook: "Graffiti has been daubed on Castle Grant, #Rangers' owner Craig Whyte's Moray retreat: "Celic (sic) 1888. We shall not be moved."

Sexton Hardcastle

As folk have repeatedly said this is becoming a farce.

At what point does HMRC or whoever say , right what the **** is actually going on?

BBCJamesCook: "Graffiti has been daubed on Castle Grant, #Rangers' owner Craig Whyte's Moray retreat: "Celic (sic) 1888. We shall not be moved."

They really are the worst spellers in the world.

I would love to hear the thoughts from another set of administrators in to

how this is all panning out.

It looks like Rangers are calling all the shots.

I thought these administrators were supposed to go in and look after all the creditors as well as the staff.

The creditors must be losing hope of getting anything back at all.

This looks like a right shambles with the administrators it seems to me, in awe of the club.

Its because THE BIG HOUSE MUST STAY OPEN!

Rick Grimes

Is he not just meaning that since he dresses like a complete tack-merchant, he probably smells like one too?

No, he was being 100% serious.

As was I.

::troll:::'>

Prince Buaben

IIRC werent Motherwells administraors pretty ruthless and sacking done within a couple of days?

This getting more like a Laurel and Hardy script what a joke the administrators should be instructed to come out and say what is going on, players should have been binned from day one 'Rangers still cheating':verymad:

The administrators are dragging it out because they're still hoping for a white knight benefactor who will at the least provide ring-fenced funding for the players' wages until the end of the season. Hence the body-by-body approach.

I can't believe the amount of time the administrators are taking over this.

I have been through the process twice with previous companies I have worked for and these guys are ruthless !

All was done and dusted within a couple of hours , certain people asked to stay on to help with paperwork ect and the rest are asked to leave the building immediately.

The Administrators remit is to save as much money as possible and as quickly as possible, this is obviously not happening at Ibrox.

The Mighty Thor

They really are the worst spellers in the world.

The Orcs will be seething.

There could be blooshed ;)

Charlie-Brown

Its because THE BIG HOUSE MUST STAY OPEN!

That's the bottom line - Rangers will never die, Rangers will never go bust, because THEY are the peepul!

CavySlaveJambo

IIRC werent Motherwells administraors pretty ruthless and sacking done within a couple of days?

Most administrators are.

@BBCJamesCook Graffiti has been daubed on #Rangers' owner Craig Whyte's Moray home: "Celic(sic)1888. We shall not be moved."

An inquiry into the Rangers Charity Foundation has been launched after it revealed the crisis-hit club would receive most of its proceeds from a friendly match.

The Ibrox club are hosting a game between former players of both Rangers and AC Milan later this month.

It had originally been organised to raise funds for the Rangers Charity Foundation, which was going to receive 60% of all money gathered by the game on March 30.

The charity, which has donated more than ?2.3m to various causes since it was set up in 2002, has reduced the amount it will take from the game to 10%, meaning the majority of the money raised will go to the club, which is currently in administration.

On Tuesday, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator confirmed it had been made aware of "concerns" regarding the game after the change to the benefactors.

A spokesman for the regulator said: "We can confirm that we have an ongoing inquiry into the Rangers Charity Foundation. It would therefore not be appropriate to comment further."

Rangers boss Ally McCoist, who is expected to feature for the Rangers side in the game, previously welcomed the move by the charity foundation.

He said: "It is a tremendous gesture by the Rangers Charity Foundation to forego the majority of the proceeds of the legends match to benefit the club and it is going to be an evening of nostalgia for all the fans, players and supporters."

The AC Milan Foundation is also due to receive a percentage of money raised by the friendly, which will see Brian Laudrup and Paul Gascoigne featuring for the Rangers team, while the Italian team will include the likes of Paolo Maldini and Jean-Pierre Papin.

Connal Cochrane, manager of the charity foundation, added: "The club and the Rangers fans have been tremendous to the foundation over the last ten years and now it is our turn to stand alongside them and step up for Rangers. The Rangers Charity Foundation suggested the club should now benefit from the match and we were delighted that the AC Milan Foundation agreed."

Edited by ritchies75

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No, he was being 100% serious.

As was I.

::troll:::'>

Me neither, just wanted to point out that he dresses like a twelve year old and that gave me good 'in'. :D

I have been through the process twice with previous companies I have worked for and these guys are ruthless !

All was done and dusted within a couple of hours , certain people asked to stay on to help with paperwork ect and the rest are asked to leave the building immediately.

The Administrators remit is to save as much money as possible and as quickly as possible, this is obviously not happening at Ibrox.

But bear in mind it is costing Rangers at least ?500/hr that they are there, ironically putting them in greater financial woe...

:pleasing:

Prince Buaben

Most administrators are.

Thats what i thought.

I know its been said before but what are the administrators playing at. Causing more problems by mucking about with delaying redundancies.

But this is not a normal business, it is a football club where in the summer some of the players will have value to sell on, they would rather get rid of 10 players on ?1k a week than 1 player on ?10k a week if they can get ?2m for that player in 3 months time. Motherwell players had no sell on value as with Dundee, there will be players to leave but the administratiors will be trying to at least salvage anyone with sell on value.

Left this story about 5 hours ago.. came back to it about half an hour ago.. 2 gone within the first couple of pages..

What an anti-climax since then..

Imeantasong

But this is not a normal business, it is a football club where in the summer some of the players will have value to sell on, they would rather get rid of 10 players on ?1k a week than 1 player on ?10k a week if they can get ?2m for that player in 3 months time. Motherwell players had no sell on value as with Dundee, there will be players to leave but the administratiors will be trying to at least salvage anyone with sell on value.

So could really end up with a skeleton squad if they get rid of a lot of low earners or where contracts are up?

That seems to me to be a major gamble on them not losing the big tax case. If they lose that, liquidation is inevitable and the retention of players with potential sell on value will become almost irrelevant. Of course, it may be that the administrators think they have very little to lose.

@BBCJamesCook Graffiti has been daubed on #Rangers' owner Craig Whyte's Moray home: "Celic(sic)1888. We shall not be moved."

:cornette:

CELIC

:stare:

I agree with you regarding it's not a normal business and realise they need to keep assets for selling.

What I'm saying is they have been in there now for 2-3 weeks and still are letting the players make offers ect to them !!

I would have thought that by this stage there would have been a list drawn up and a plan of action to dispose of some and as you quite rightly point out , keep others with sell on potential ( but are costing the club more money in wages ) !

sky sports going to murray park after the break,........

Drove past Murray Park not long ago - it's mobbed and even more hacks were turning up.

Pictures on Sky Sports don't really show the number of people/cars/tv vehicles there.

SSN - Naismith and whittaker's agent has just arrived at Murray Park

please sack this rat faced ***** today!

then sign for usninja.gif

Rick Grimes

Who's paying for administrators?

they pay themselves first with whatever cash they can get their hands on.

Port Vale due HMRC 1.25 million approx with a winding up order if not paid by the deadline. Nice to see the Tax-Man applying the same rules.

Damn, i keep forgetting about Rankgers history, sorry.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic