The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Guest GhostHunter

I'm sure it was on the BBC site about the investigation back in 2006/07

I thought everyone knew the Huns were using ebt's lime the epl teams did.

Lime ? Wtf

Narrative Arc

The 2 or 3 refusing should be made take it or leave it offers and if they say no made redundant. Regardless of the rest's motives why should those who have reached a deal suffer because 2 or 3 of them insist on being greedier.

You can almost guarentee the 3 not taking cuts will be Papac, McCulloch and Whittaker who will never get near that money again.

Dem is the breaks. Stop trying to spoil the feel good factor. Taxi to the off-License for me. :lol:

Drylaw Hearts

I'm sure it was on the BBC site about the investigation back in 2006/07

I thought everyone knew the Huns were using ebt's lime the epl teams did.

Nobody knew about these 'secret' contracts though.

DH is doing a rangers like job of muddying the waters, good job just like Hun FC, Mr Romanov can see thru this sham

Incorrect, Rangers officials who at the time were office bearers in the SFA & SPL knew about them - which is why both the SFA & SPL are having to have an investigation.

Campbell Ogilvie an Martin Bain did. and guessin a whole host of Rangers directors an players.

Do you see?

Vlad-Stupid

Campbell Ogilvie an Martin Bain did. and guessin a whole host of Rangers directors an players.

Do you see?

That's not the point. Mr Romanov didn't chap DH's door and ersonally tell him to stop wasting money on an ST.

Drylaw Hearts

Incorrect, Rangers officials who at the time were office bearers in the SFA & SPL knew about them - which is why both the SFA & SPL are having to have an investigation.

Do you see?

Sorry....

I meant nobody outwith Rangers.

These contracts weren't registered with either the SPL or SFA and if CO and Bain chose to hide then there neither bodies fault.

Rick Grimes

Article 14

I think my earlier post on this has kinda been lost in everyone having a go at Miss Contrary. Doesn't the article make it more than likely that a NewCo will be able to buy Rangers' league share? The legalese is pretty difficult to read... I bloody hope I'm wrong.

I must be misreading Article 14 that you quoted earlier then. Its a depressing read and makes it seem likely that NewHun would be allowed to buy the league share

14. If:-

(i) a Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share; or

(ii) a trustee in sequestration, manager, receiver or administrative receiver shall be appointed in respect of a Member or any property of a Member, or an administration order shall be made in respect of a Member or any property of a Member or an order shall be made or an effective resolution passed for the winding up of a Member otherwise than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation;

then that Member or its manager, receiver, administrative receiver, administrator or liquidator or any other person entitled to the Share shall, on receiving notice in writing from the Board following the Company in General Meeting passing a Qualified Resolution that such notice should be issued by the Board and confirming the identity of the proposed transferee, transfer its Share to such other person as the Board shall direct at the price of ?1 and the Club owned and operated by such Member shall forthwith cease to be a member of the League and the Club owned and operated by the transferee shall become a member of the League in its place.

DH - just let it go.

I don't often agree with you, but you're right here. I don't suppose many of the posters so quick to jump on you actually read the OP & Link that you responded to, quite correctly IMO.

Can we all, please, just get back to sniggering at Der Hun...? :rolleyes:

Narrative Arc

That's not the point. Mr Romanov didn't chap DH's door and ersonally tell him to stop wasting money on an ST.

Ersonally? Typo? :whistling:

Carl Fredrickson

I think my earlier post on this has kinda been lost in everyone having a go at Miss Contrary. Doesn't the article make it more than likely that a NewCo will be able to buy Rangers' league share? The legalese is pretty difficult to read... I bloody hope I'm wrong.

I think I read it the same as you. Liquidate the firm and sell its SPL share for ?1.... the same amount as SDM got from Whyte.

Scottish fitba is fecked if rangers get away with all this and still play in the SPL.

Article 14 doesn't say anything. The SPL can sell that share to anyone they want. The SPL was created to protect the clubs in it and give the clubs rather than the SFA control.

The SPL can do pretty much anything they want.

Toxteth O'Grady

What a feckin farce. What the hell are the Administrators waiting on? If they can't get an agreement then just bin the lot if them! How much longer is this nonsense allowed to continue for before they have the balls to make a decision?

The longer it takes, the better.

Less chance of them doing the accounts before the end of March.

The longer the Orcs have to suffer the uncertainty.

The longer they will continue losing.

The more the administrators can take from the club at ?540 an hour.

The more sleepless nights for the poor wee players that are still there.

The more Champagne and Lobsters Craig Whyte can enjoy in his Luxuary Monaco appartment.

The more youtube videos we can see of fat tossers shouting about the bif house.

I want this to drag on for ages, before they finally bite the dust. It is brilliant.

I think I read it the same as you. Liquidate the firm and sell its SPL share for ?1.... the same amount as SDM got from Whyte.

Scottish fitba is fecked if rangers get away with all this and still play in the SPL.

Article 14 states that any proposal to do that must be voted on by the remaining 11 Member clubs, not just by the Board.

Rick Grimes

Article 14 states that any proposal to do that must be voted on by the remaining 11 Member clubs, not just by the Board.

No it doesn't. I posted it above. It specifically mentions the Board.

edit: unless "Company in General Meeting" means the 11 members first. I ******* hate legal documents.

Edited by Rick Grimes

...a bit disco

Liked this one from the BBC Scotland Rangers latest section.

Anon in London has sent this mammoth text on that subject: "If it is the case that Rangers can be proven to have used illegal contracts in seasons past, in combination with a policy of deliberate tax evasion (rather than avoidance), surely the SPL has to exclude Rangers from participation in its present form? If it does not, are we not sending a message to FIFA, UEFA, every other Scottish club and the rest of the world that we here in Scotland will never punish or condemn outright cheating and illegality on a scale that (potentially) dwarves the Calciopoli scandal, for the sole reason that our elders are too mired in Establishment politics and cronyism? As a Scot I would be embarrassed if the SPL does not state publicly that such wanton subversion of the rules merits points and titles being stripped from Rangers, and a full, transparent investigation. If not, cheats will prosper by cowards' silence."

:thumbsup:

In a nutshell.

tartofmidlothian

James Cook ? @BBCJamesCook

About to hear statement from #Rangers' administrators. Sounds like issues remain unresolved tonight. #RFC

Here it comes!

Anon in London has sent this mammoth text on that subject: "If it is the case that Rangers can be proven to have used illegal contracts in seasons past, in combination with a policy of deliberate tax evasion (rather than avoidance), surely the SPL has to exclude Rangers from participation in its present form? If it does not, are we not sending a message to FIFA, UEFA, every other Scottish club and the rest of the world that we here in Scotland will never punish or condemn outright cheating and illegality on a scale that (potentially) dwarves the Calciopoli scandal, for the sole reason that our elders are too mired in Establishment politics and cronyism? As a Scot I would be embarrassed if the SPL does not state publicly that such wanton subversion of the rules merits points and titles being stripped from Rangers, and a full, transparent investigation. If not, cheats will prosper by cowards' silence."

In a nutshell.

Agree. I can categorically state that should they get away with this I will stop following Scottish football as well as the national side.

Carl Fredrickson

Cheers - i must have misread it or didnt take it on - long days and too much JKB to read!

Statement due at Murray Park, but doesn't appear resolution has been reached

The Old Tolbooth

Of the text that you quoted as being article 14, to me it's very clear that the new club will be able to buy the place of the old club for a solitary ?1 :(

Was there some text missing from Rick Grimes post mate that states that?

This whole thing stinks :down:

James Cook ? @BBCJamesCook

About to hear statement from #Rangers' administrators. Sounds like issues remain unresolved tonight. #RFC

Here it comes!

And discusions will continue tomorrow no doubt. Absolute farce. :angry: Last week was meant to be the week they were all sacked. Early doors. Then it was delayed to a deadline of Friday. And then Monday. And now we are heading into Wednesday.

The players clearly don't want to lose any money. Just sack them. Please. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Hungry hippo

If I was an agent of a player like McGregor or Davis, I would say being on 75% wage cuts for 3 months is wasting your money, I could get you a new team in two weeks who pay similar to your deal and you (and me) will get a signing on fee. End up better off then this. All you have to do is ask to take voluntary redunacy (like Wylde.)

The administrators would never grant either of them voluntary redundancy. Any player which has any net value (ie they are confident they could get more by selling them in the summer than they they would need to pay them in wages until the window opens) would never be allowed to leave for nothing by any administrator

Oh c'mon....

People just aren't even thinking now.

We really need to stop clutching at straws here.

I'm not. If you turned up to set up a business in a new country then realised that the boy down the road was dodgy but had a finger in every pie (sfa, media, spl) that meant you couldn't trade fully how would you feel. Rangers are corrupt, got away with it for years and everyone has went along with it, and still are.

In a nutshell.

If they get done with that then that changes things completely. I can't see it though.

...a bit disco

Statement due at Murray Park, but doesn't appear resolution has been reached

That you retweeting R?

;)

:vrface:

sounds like there's new administrators taken over the whole shebang. davis & mcgregor.

duff & phelps would be as well to play in the next game.

Rick Grimes

Of the text that you quoted as being article 14, to me it's very clear that the new club will be able to buy the place of the old club for a solitary ?1 :(

Was there some text missing from Rick Grimes post mate that states that?

This whole thing stinks :down:

Think the phrase "Company in General Meeting" could be key. That might mean all 11 clubs meet before the board gives its go ahead.

Fingers crossed. :)

Deletef: hadn't been following this closely enough. Point made elsewhere.

Edited by spartan

...a bit disco

If they get done with that then that changes things completely. I can't see it though.

Correct.

I think HMRC know they're on solid ground going down the route of prosecution for tax avoidance.

Don't think there'd be as many guarantees with an evasion charge.

...a bit disco

prepare for big boaby.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Hagar the Horrible

I am like a cat playing with a half dead mouse, getting bored now as I need a dump, time to sink the teeth in and go and catch another prey after the dump of course.

...a bit disco

prepare for big boaby.

DP.

Feckin computer!

Edited by ...a bit disco

In a nutshell.

that's a fantastic post by "Anon"

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Here is the online petition... Dunno if it is the only one available or what but it is the first one that appears when you search. 352 signatures in a couple of hours aint bad really. Anyway, it is there if people feel the need to sign it and easily ignored if not.

Easier ignored than I thought!! laugh.gif

Here it is...

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/new-rangers-should-not-be-admitted-to-spl/4197

Edited by Robert Finlayson Cook

DP.

Feckin computer!

:lol: i sense you're trying to show me the boaby... and mercifully failing.

:stare:

colinmaroon

But he hasn't been quiet he's been telling you for years.

You chose to pass it off as ramblings....

:smackdown:

DH is doing a rangers like job of muddying the waters, good job just like Hun FC, Mr Romanov can see thru this sham

When you've dug yourself into a deep hole, and all you can see are the walls and the mud you're digging yourself deeper into, and all you can hear is the sound of your own voice, it's easy to become delusional.

Rick Grimes

Here is the online petition... Dunno if it is the only one available or what but it is the first one that appears when you search. 352 signatures in a couple of hours aint bad really. Anyway, it is there if people feel the need to sign it and easily ignored if not.

:lol:

where?

The Old Tolbooth

Think the phrase "Company in General Meeting" could be key. That might mean all 11 clubs meet before the board gives its go ahead.

Fingers crossed. :)

Here's hoping mate, they'll probably find some way of getting round this with a wee bung in Doncaster's direction too, bent tossers!

This thread is going a bit Hibs.net on the finance front.

The difference being on here everyone is actually a tax law and insolvency expert ;)

...a bit disco

:lol: i sense you're trying to show me the boaby... and mercifully failing.

:stare:

:lol:

Never had these problems when I was a young'un likes!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic